When will we see the womens Footballing world enter FM ...

Should SI add Professional Female's Competitions to the game ?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI add Professional Female's Competitions to the game ?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think Women's Football in the next 10 years or so will gain a bit more exposure, I don't think it'll be included in FM any time soon. Do enough people watch it to be able to assess and rate the players fairly? That's SI's biggest thing - accuracy of their database. Its why lower none league teams aren't placed into the game fully, as they know they wouldn't be able to accurately portray them.

Also the logistics of adding them to the current FM Game would be crazy. As a Football Manager you look after YOUR team, not the whole Club Foundation.

I coach high school soccer; boys and girls. I would love to see this kind of addition. I have a 5-year-old daughter. I would love to know she could play a game like this and pretend that she was one of the gloried athletes we all pretend to be. It's a shame so many people find something like this laughable.

It's certainly not laughable, but atm I don't see it as justifying the enormous ammount of work it would take, also as the last poster said the research facilities don't exist to give adequate stats.

That doesn't mean it'll never happen but I don't expect it anytime soon.

It's certainly not laughable, but atm I don't see it as justifying the enormous ammount of work it would take, also as the last poster said the research facilities don't exist to give adequate stats.

That doesn't mean it'll never happen but I don't expect it anytime soon.

I don't disagree that there is probably not much of a market for this anytime in the near future. I also agree that the necessary infrastructure for something like this does not currently exist. Nevertheless, I appreciate your sentiment and attempts to keep the order here.

I never realised the FM community were such a bunch of chauvanists. No wonder women never come in here. :(

I can name a good few women who frequent these forums. Off the top of my head, Suzie would be the one I'd remember.

My girlfriend also comes on here from time to time.

I think its funny that people complain about womens football being rubbish yet the womens FA cup final was a lot better than the recent snoozefest of FA Cup finals the men have produced in recent memory. I know in general the standard is not as good as mens football but its not as bad as people make out.

It's just a little bit of fun. Lighten up.

Show this thread to a female footballer and see what she thinks. It's pretty repetitive, predictable, boring sexism. No need for it on what could have become an interesting thread.

Show this thread to a female footballer and see what she thinks. It's pretty repetitive, predictable, boring sexism. No need for it on what could have become an interesting thread.

*smiles* You've just lost the argument, mate.

I showed this thread to my girlfriend. She sighed and, when I asked her what she thought, said she guessed it was okay as long as it was all harmless fun and banter.

:)

I think its funny that people complain about womens football being rubbish yet the womens FA cup final was a lot better than the recent snoozefest of FA Cup finals the men have produced in recent memory. I know in general the standard is not as good as mens football but its not as bad as people make out.

Are you surprised when the average age of those who troll GD is 13. Their brains don't develop until well after their innervoice.

Holy crap. You can tell how many of you are obviously fat, ugly losers that have probably never spoken to a woman besides your mum and grandmother. Such misogynists!

Firstly: Why would you be against having women's leagues in FM? If you're so threatened by women: just don't play those leagues! I have not read a SINGLE good reason not to include the women's leagues. Women's football is the fastest growing sport in the world. Most of you lot are just as bad as Sepp Blatter when it comes to this topic.

And just for the record, I am a coach at a women's football club and most of them are well fit. You morons. Grow up. You never know, supporting women's football may actually lead to some of you getting some

Firstly: Why would you be against having women's leagues in FM? If you're so threatened by women: just don't play those leagues! I have not read a SINGLE good reason not to include the women's leagues. Women's football is the fastest growing sport in the world. Most of you lot are just as bad as Sepp Blatter when it comes to this topic.

Well the fact that there is still only a tiny market for the sport, especially in the UK which is FM's key market, then what point is there in SI spending time and resources including this in the game? Thats a pretty good reason if you ask me and until there is a massive surge in people interested in the womens game, that will remain the case.

Glad to see bigotry is alive and well...

Don't see why they shouldn't add women's teams in, it's all just more choice, which is a good thing. You could also have it not load female players if no female leagues were loaded.

*smiles* You've just lost the argument, mate.

I showed this thread to my girlfriend. She sighed and, when I asked her what she thought, said she guessed it was okay as long as it was all harmless fun and banter.

:)

Obviously this guys girlfriend speaks for the whole female footballing community. Case closed eh....

This idea is daft, more important things to be fixed at the minute, rather than wasting time including new features which on the whole wouldn't be popular. Womens football hasn't taken off IRL so why include it on here?

You're really comparing racism to sexism?

Oh dear... :rolleyes:

Yes he is and with good reason.

Seeing as you can't seem to spot the similarity between the 2 mindset's, i'll explain them.

Racists believe white people are superior to coloured people.

The mainstay of sexism is that men are superior to women.

To the OP, womens football as it stands currently doesn't have the following that would justify the expence on SI's part, it needs at least another 5 years of realworld interest and improvement.

Yes he is and with good reason.

Seeing as you can't seem to spot the similarity between the 2 mindset's, i'll explain them.

To the OP, womens football as it stands currently doesn't have the following that would justify the expence on SI's part, it needs at least another 5 years of realworld interest and improvement.

And as that sums it up very neatly I'll be closing this thread as I said I would if people can't refrain from getting into 'isms:)

Womens football is now attracting real money in certain quarters and I believe (sadly) that it will rise in prominence because of this.

Glad to see bigotry is alive and well...

Don't see why they shouldn't add women's teams in, it's all just more choice, which is a good thing. You could also have it not load female players if no female leagues were loaded.

Objections don't have to come from males having chauvinistic views toward women, although there have certainly been a fair few of those sorts of opinions on display in this thread, which is unfortunate to say the least. As I and others mentioned above, the core issue is that it's not simply a matter of "adding women's teams in", as though it can just be done overnight with minimal effort. An incredible amount of work has been put into preparing each FM database, sapping both time and money. If you wanted to insert women's league, that would require a considerable amount of increased investment: and crucially, the reality is that the women's game just isn't covered to the same extent as the men's game, meaning that it would also be harder to obtain accurate information. In practical terms, that means that SI needs to weigh up whether this increased investment would result in increased sales to the extent that the benefits offset the costs: and I think it's fairly clear that any increase in sales most likely wouldn't cover the increased costs. If these issues weren't part of the calculus, then having women's leagues in the game would be great, but the reality is that they are part of the calculus.

Objections don't have to come from males having chauvinistic views toward women, although there have certainly been a fair few of those sorts of opinions on display in this thread, which is unfortunate to say the least. As I and others mentioned above, the core issue is that it's not simply a matter of "adding women's teams in", as though it can just be done overnight with minimal effort. An incredible amount of work has been put into preparing each FM database, sapping both time and money. If you wanted to insert women's league, that would require a considerable amount of increased investment: and crucially, the reality is that the women's game just isn't covered to the same extent as the men's game, meaning that it would also be harder to obtain accurate information. In practical terms, that means that SI needs to weigh up whether this increased investment would result in increased sales to the extent that the benefits offset the costs: and I think it's fairly clear that any increase in sales most likely wouldn't cover the increased costs. If these issues weren't part of the calculus, then having women's leagues in the game would be great, but the reality is that they are part of the calculus.

I did not mean to imply that any objection was a display of prejudice, my statement was aimed at the comments so far that were clearly derogatory. I apologise if it appeared that I was tarring "conscientious objectors" with the same brush as the other cretins, as that wasn't at all my intention.

Collecting the data for the women's leagues would obviously be time consuming, and not something that I in reality think is a money spinner, however I wouldn't claim to be an advocate of the idea, I was merely stating I didn't see the harm, whilst simultaneously contradicting the attitude of the average board member from whom I wish to differentiate myself.

Not going to happen, but if it did, as long as it didn't interfere with the mens side of the game, why not.

I'm sure the 10% of women who play FM (if that) would love this feature, and maybe 15% of men, at a push.

I just can't see it being all that popular to be honest. For the amount of time, effort and financial investment SI would have to put into it, it just wouldn't be worth it to them. It would be catering for a minority.

Whats that I hear you say? "hey, don't speak for everybody here!". Well, to be fair, if I was wrong, wouldn't it have been put in already? or at least be a lot closer to being implemented into the game. From what I can gather, it's 10 years away, probably more, unless there is an amazing turn around into the popularity of main stream womens football.

No. Infact, your being a racist in implying it is only white people who are racist. Racism is when a race (could be black, white etc. not just white) believe they are superior to another race. The same applies to sexism - women can be sexist against men, too (I'm sure you gather that as you've put the mainstay).

Anyway, in regards to the actual topic - if you're going to add womens leagues, why not add leagues for the blind, deaf, dumb etc. I'm not trying to say the womens leagues are the same as these, but if you want to add the womens leagues, why do you want to stop there?

A couple of things to say; first, even though I am in favor af this addition (as I have said in earlier posts) I completely recognize that women's soccer/football is not at the point of being ready to have its own game; second, as a father of a little girl (a point I also mentioned earlier), I am getting disgusted with the childish comments seen here. There truly is nothing wrong with playful banter. However, for banter to b truly playful, it needs to go back-and-forth and should approximate both points of view and be roughly equal in the number of playful insults. Obviously, this goes well beyond that. I am a grown man so I will not enter into childish reataliation. It is sad because I come here to share about the game I love with players of all ages. I don't know how things work in England, but (when my girl is of dating age) I would simply shut the door in the face of any young man who acted the way you all have acted here.

Archived