When will we see the womens Footballing world enter FM ...

Should SI add Professional Female's Competitions to the game ?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI add Professional Female's Competitions to the game ?

• YES
    • NO

A couple of things to say; first, even though I am in favor af this addition (as I have said in earlier posts) I completely recognize that women's soccer/football is not at the point of being ready to have its own game; second, as a father of a little girl (a point I also mentioned earlier), I am getting disgusted with the childish comments seen here. There truly is nothing wrong with playful banter. However, for banter to b truly playful, it needs to go back-and-forth and should approximate both points of view and be roughly equal in the number of playful insults. Obviously, this goes well beyond that. I am a grown man so I will not enter into childish reataliation. It is sad because I come here to share about the game I love with players of all ages. I don't know how things work in England, but (when my girl is of dating age) I would simply shut the door in the face of any young man who acted the way you all have acted here.

Who made you god of banter? Did you google banter?

Seriously mate, don't take things so seriously.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who made you god of banter? and stop being such a control freak.

Seriously mate, don't take things so seriously.

One, I merely defined what banter actually is.

Two, I am simply restating what the more mature posters and mods of this thread have been saying.

Three, I am not asking for or implying the desire to control anything. I clearly state that I agree with the concept but that it won't currently work. I also clearly state that I simply wouldn't allow someone like this to date my daughter (when you have kids you'll likely change your mind too). Finally, I never chastised anyone specifically on here; so if you're feeling the heat, maybe you're part of the problem.

A couple of things to say; first, even though I am in favor af this addition (as I have said in earlier posts) I completely recognize that women's soccer/football is not at the point of being ready to have its own game; second, as a father of a little girl (a point I also mentioned earlier), I am getting disgusted with the childish comments seen here. There truly is nothing wrong with playful banter. However, for banter to b truly playful, it needs to go back-and-forth and should approximate both points of view and be roughly equal in the number of playful insults. Obviously, this goes well beyond that. I am a grown man so I will not enter into childish reataliation. It is sad because I come here to share about the game I love with players of all ages. I don't know how things work in England, but (when my girl is of dating age) I would simply shut the door in the face of any young man who acted the way you all have acted here.

Thats the point though.You're a grown up man,whilst 90 % of the blokes here are virgins.

;)

Obviously this guys girlfriend speaks for the whole female footballing community. Case closed eh....

This idea is daft, more important things to be fixed at the minute, rather than wasting time including new features which on the whole wouldn't be popular. Womens football hasn't taken off IRL so why include it on here?

He asked for one example. I gave him one.

Women's football is the fastest growing sport in the country. If you don't call that "taking off", what's your definition?

Hell no. There is a reason why womens football is not watched by a lot of people. It's not entertaining. No reason to force it upon people..

It is entertaining, mate. Have you ever even watched a proper ladies' football match?

Women's football is the fastest growing sport in the country. If you don't call that "taking off", what's your definition?

I'm a football fan and I've asked others that couldn't tell you the names of 3 women footballers. It has not taken off.

I'd still say it hasn't taken off. There is, to my knowledge, only 1 or 2 womens matches on terrestrial TV per season, compared to hundreds of hours of coverage for the mens game and other sports. It is not a well-known or well-supported sport, it's a niche market that would have a very small fanbase.

I'd still say it hasn't taken off. There is, to my knowledge, only 1 or 2 womens matches on terrestrial TV per season, compared to hundreds of hours of coverage for the mens game and other sports. It is not a well-known or well-supported sport, it's a niche market that would have a very small fanbase.

All of the women's matches for the Euro finals were shown on TV. Those alone add up to more than 1 or 2.

And if you bother to keep up-to-date with women's football, you'll see that there are a huge number of women (from the U8 teams up to the adult ones) playing the game.

Just today I went and watched a women's match between Spurs and Fulham. There were loads of spectators.

Also bear in mind that outside the UK there is a large womens game. The US in particular has a very well followed womens league!

They can be brutal too

One, I merely defined what banter actually is.

Two, I am simply restating what the more mature posters and mods of this thread have been saying.

Three, I am not asking for or implying the desire to control anything. I clearly state that I agree with the concept but that it won't currently work. I also clearly state that I simply wouldn't allow someone like this to date my daughter (when you have kids you'll likely change your mind too). Finally, I never chastised anyone specifically on here; so if you're feeling the heat, maybe you're part of the problem.

One, you told us the rules of banter. I never knew there was an exact science to it.

Two, you implied that you would control who your daughter 'dates'. Note the word control.

Three, I have kids and they will 'date' who they want and figure life out for themselves. I am a father, not a control freak. I would hopefully have passed on enough knowledge for them to make there own sensible decisions, and if not, it's called life experience.

Four, you have just passed judgment and chastised me and a lot of other people who have posted here while not knowing the first thing about me or them.

Five, Feeling heat? part of the problem? What are you on about?

Wind your neck in mate.

Archived