Your team for Football Manager 2010?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can play with isle of wight lower league teams? Do these need to be turned on in the editor I'm guessing?

Yep, correct on both counts. Brading play in the Wessex Premier, which is Step 5 - the same step as Hailsham, who I will spend most of my time trying to guide to greatness.

People saying they wanna take Leeds back to their former glory. Why don't you take the mighty Nottingham Forest back to their former glory!?

x2 Champions League titles

x4 Carling Cups

x2 FA Cups

x1 Premier League Title

x1 UEFA Super Cup.

Newcastle definitely at first and then I'm pretty sure I'll end up going to Sampdoria. Joined them after getting sacked by Newcastle and did really well for six months before deciding to move to Sevilla. Really enjoyed the Sampdoria game but the lure of topping Real and Barca proved too great

People saying they wanna take Leeds back to their former glory. Why don't you take the mighty Nottingham Forest back to their former glory!?

x4 Carling Cups

x2 FA Cups

x1 Premier League Title

x1 UEFA Super Cup.

Two words - Brian Clough

Im a newcastle fan so ime maybe thinking of going them. If not then i will start where i start last year and the year before....Ipswich Town, see if i can do a better job than Keano.

Aboard i would have to go my long-term favorite German team Wolfsburg as they should be finally good this year concidering they won the title :)

Same as always in CM/FM although with a new twist this season.

Eastleigh (for a lower league challenge) or Southampton (for a lower league challenge with a points deduction) :(

hehehehehe

TBH a points deduction in real life for Saints is depressing but a points deduction when you are the manager in FM is the type of challenge I like :)

Points deduction + Billionaire owner + 3rd tier football in a 32k stadium = A great save game for anyone in FM10 ;)

Compared to;

No points deduction + Billionaire Owner + Top Flight football + crap stadium + championship quality squad = a nice challange :eek::p

It'll be Man United first........and then probably into Europe and someone like Athletico Madrid/Villarreal/Fiorentina. Kinda fancy giving the German champions Wolfsburg a blast and see if i can retain the tittle for them while trying to upset Europes elite in the Champions League

After that i'll try taking a lower league club back up the ladder to the top flight.......Charlton/Leeds/Southampton

Looking forward to it!

I as always will either start with 1 of the recently relegated premership teams in the championship. Prob West Brom as they allways seem to be financally secure and have a good balanced squad. Otherwise ill go for one of the teams from the big 3 leagues who are on the verge of having a squad and finances capable of challanging for there respective titles. Spurs,Man city,A madrid,Sevilla,Fiorentina or Sampdoria..To be honest I can`t wait....BRING IT ON!!

x4 Carling Cups

x2 FA Cups

x1 Premier League Title

x1 UEFA Super Cup.[/Q

Forest never won the premier league

im gonna start as newcastle, fancy the challenge of getting them back up and secure in the prem, hopefully win a cup for once too. then probs tour europe doing a similar job at other teams and hopefully take over at man united in like 2030ish when they are rubbish, like always happens on my fm save files unless i am managing them, plus the debt should be cleared by then.

Harrogate Town, and If and only if i can create all the english divisions down to level 11 of the football pyramid using the new editor then my hometown team Rutland Rangers, from Oakham, Rutland, England, U.K

How are town doing now Halifax have taken Richard "Scooby" Marshall, James "Deano" Dean, Jonathan Hedge (Very good keeper he is), Aaron "Azza" Hardy and Danny Lowe? A good lot of players who beat Droylsden in the FA cup :)

FC Halifax Town for me. Hometown team. Up the Shaymen. Might go to level 10 and have two users on one save. FC Halifax like I said and Level 10 side Brighouse Town (managed by my dads best mate). Really looking forward to this game :D

I'm going to play as Real Madrid with the demo. If I like it, I'll then start a proper game with them when the full game is available. If not, I'll try and get a game going with Roma. Enjoyed playing as Roma on FM09 but didn't take it as far as I should have.

Derby County. Going to get us in the Prem and have just British Isles players, just like Mr O'Niel :)

I'm planning on doing the same for West Ham. They've always had a good conveyer belt of local talent that have gone on to play for England so I'm going to try to build an all-British side :p

I'm still playing my Notts County save in FM09, up to 2028/29 season now. So I'm sorely tempted to pick them again for the new version, but the fact that they've gone rich takes a bit of shine off... Might take a look at some BSN/BSS team with decent potential this time around.

Normally i would start unemployed but this time I think I'm going to start in Northern Ireland this time. I had a nice LLM game going with a team from there. Never got to post and update because the data corrupted and ruined it all on FM 09. Hopefully i'll have better luck with my 10 LLM game and make it to 10 season with the fail intacted.

I'll also more than likely play a game with either BATE and try and take them past the champions league group stage or Belarus national team.

going to start as Glasgow Rangers which should at least be bit more of a challenge in the SPL what with have no money, lots of debt and a relativley mediocre squad. The champions league should be interesting think i will just play the youth team.

Then maybe a game with Partick thistle as i am playing with them at the moment on CM 99/00 and really enjoying it. No Willie Howie for me to sell for millions this time though.

Newport County. Return them to the football league, before going on to conquer Europe.

Looking forward to your new story for FM10. ;)

We're playing you next weekend. I'm preparing for a drubbing. :(

Knowing the Saints though, we'll probably get a lucky result against you and then fail to beat Weymouth when we play them at the end of the month. :rolleyes::D

Regards,

C.

Archived