Your team for Football Manager 2010?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to manage Cray. Unless I can be bothered t go down to Kent League, then it'll be either Corinthian or Erith Town (Cray mk II, half their squad used to play for us/are still on dual registration with us (strictly speaking only 2 of their players are DR)), and if I can be bothered to go to kent County League, Orpington, Canterbury City, Crockenhill, Sheppey or Charlton Athletic Community. So if I cba to go down low enough I still haven't decided yet. BTW I hope the data's right for Cray and the stadium move is programmed in for 2014.

I can't research until I start getting to enough games, which isn't very easy when you're swamped with A-Level revision and homework (I stupidly chose 5 subjects while everyone else did 3 or 4 subjects which was recomended). All I can give are names and rough positions of the players, and who normally plays in the starting lineu. That's not too useful tbqh.

I always play in the Lower Leagues. So this year I'll be going as low as possible. (probably level 11 if I can).

For me, starting a game with Chelsea or some other world force in football is a bit weird... In any other game (let's say an RPG) you start off with no armor, fighting moves or weapons and then you slowly level up, working your way up to the top. I like to adopt the same mentality to FM.

Also it really helps you appreciate money and the financial side of the game. I can spend season after season stuck in the BSS with no transfer money. When I start improving and finally get promotion, to see that 0k transfer budget change to 30k is like winning the lottery!! :D

I wonder what's going to happen with Ian Jenkins if I take over at Cray. Because I know he's the manager and if I take over he'll become unemployed but he sometimes names himself on the bench for games, he hasn't actually played for a couple of years but I don't know whether the researchers will class him as a manager or a player-manager.

Start with Barcelona, just to get the hang of it, then Chelsea for a long-term save. After that I'll start in the norwegian league with either Molde or Viking. Hopefully someone will make the lower division in norway and the mighty Træff could be playable as well.

I always play in the Lower Leagues. So this year I'll be going as low as possible. (probably level 11 if I can).

For me, starting a game with Chelsea or some other world force in football is a bit weird... In any other game (let's say an RPG) you start off with no armor, fighting moves or weapons and then you slowly level up, working your way up to the top. I like to adopt the same mentality to FM.

Also it really helps you appreciate money and the financial side of the game. I can spend season after season stuck in the BSS with no transfer money. When I start improving and finally get promotion, to see that 0k transfer budget change to 30k is like winning the lottery!! :D

Well said! :thup:

Starting from basically nothing, being a massive underdog and slowly work your way up to greater glory is the only way to play this game for me...

Well said! :thup:

Starting from basically nothing, being a massive underdog and slowly work your way up to greater glory is the only way to play this game for me...

people who only ever manage top teams miss out on so much fun in this game.nothing like selling one of your players at a low level and watching how they progress higher up and thinking "i made him" lol

people who only ever manage top teams miss out on so much fun in this game.nothing like selling one of your players at a low level and watching how they progress higher up and thinking "i made him" lol

Exactly!

And it is a sort a wonderful challenge to have a team of mediocre misfits, lousy staff and incredibly limited finances and try to work wonders! There is no room for slack and wasteful behavior. You need to put every penny up there on the pitch, and need to juggle your squads and tactics to perfection to achieve results with your obscure team.

That can also be annoying if you get nothing for him yet the team that takes him on a free ends up making a healthy profit. That's how Cray feel IRL after losing Jon Main who's now a star striker for AFC Wimbledon, has been for the last few years since joining from Tonbridge Angels, and Sam Wood is at Brentford via Bromley. A youngster we got rid of too early had a spell in BSS and won player of the season before joining Dartford, and Moses Ademola, who left before even seeing the first team here, also went to Brentford, is now on loan at Woking. Can be really annoyong looking at those players and seeing what we missed out on and how well we could've done if we had the money to hold on to them.

COYR...

Southampton for me as always, looks like a good challenge, -10pts and still make the playoffs, good times just around the corner!!!

Can we take the demo on into the real game when it is launched??

It will have to be the mighty Gillingham for me. Gotta start a game with the team I support first, then when Scally sacks me when I fail to get promoted in the first season with no decent players and no money I'll probably move on to lower league English teams or lower league German teams :D

I have never played Football Manager previously, and know very little about European/World professional football. I downloaded the demo, and am just getting into it. I chose Arsenal as my team, and have been starting to learn the game. However, I think that I will try the Blackburn Rovers when the game is released. Why did I choose either of these teams? Well, I guess because I saw them playing on t.v.

I have never played Football Manager previously, and know very little about European/World professional football. I downloaded the demo, and am just getting into it. I chose Arsenal as my team, and have been starting to learn the game. However, I think that I will try the Blackburn Rovers when the game is released. Why did I choose either of these teams? Well, I guess because I saw them playing on t.v.

Well, welcome to Football Manager! It is most probably the BEST football simulation game in the market today! Way better than Championship Manager! I hope you find playing FM to be rewarding!! :D

Well, it's been a while since I was last here. :|

I think I'm like the majority, I prefer to start out as a big club, get to know who the great players and future stars are while I've got scouts who actually know what they're talking about and work hard on tactics until I'm happy I've got everything ready before moving onto my team (Nottingham Forest) or perhaps even someone lower down. Last time out, my favourite game was with Newcastle. Sofiane Feghouli anyone? Legend at £7.5m, never wanted to move clubs, value rose to over £35m and just generally ruined anyone I played.

I also like to start out managing England for a season or two unless a team I like offers me a job part way through, it gives you the advantage of English players wanting to play for you, you become their favoured personel much easier and you can quickly get into a couple of seasons in so the regen's are involved and that's a part of the game I like the best, finding the youngsters and bringing them through.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this one, can't wait for the 30th and I've not even bothered looking at the demo. :D

Archived