Your team for Football Manager 2010?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit ambitious and it takes forever to get through the season, but I try to play 6 teams. This year my intent is to play Arsenal (as always), MK Dons, PSG (as always as well), Borussia Monchengladbach, Real Madrid and Partizan Belgrade. I'd like to give the Seattle Sounders a go......maybe next year.

With WC 2010 coming I'll take a stab at USA, France or Ivory Coast.

After a trail run in the demo I reckon I'll be Stockport 1st off. I usually pick a North West team and most of my best career saves have started in League 1 (plus they have a very small squad which will save me having to clear it out!)

I'm a bit ambitious and it takes forever to get through the season, but I try to play 6 teams. This year my intent is to play Arsenal (as always), MK Dons, PSG (as always as well), Borussia Monchengladbach, Real Madrid and Partizan Belgrade. I'd like to give the Seattle Sounders a go......maybe next year.

With WC 2010 coming I'll take a stab at USA, France or Ivory Coast.

You try to go SIX TEAMS at a TIME ?

Jesus ...... that sounds ........ like a good idea !

Gonna start with Leeds and play for as many seasons as it takes to win the Premier League/Champions League double.

(Which I think me took 12 seasons in FM09)

And once I've done that, will start with a lower league team and do it all again. Possibly York City.

I like to play as an average/relagtion battle prem team, in FM09 was Wigan managed 17 seasons, 2 league titles, 5 FA cups, 4 League Cups, 4 Uefa Cups, 1 Champions League.

Thinking maybe Portsmouth. Or if Birmingham get their £40mil in the game like Yeung has promised may be them, i like wheeling and dealing!

And then Brentford in another game.

I like to play as an average/relagtion battle prem team, in FM09 was Wigan managed 17 seasons, 2 league titles, 5 FA cups, 4 League Cups, 4 Uefa Cups, 1 Champions League.

Thinking maybe Portsmouth. Or if Birmingham get their £40mil in the game like Yeung has promised may be them, i like wheeling and dealing!

And then Brentford in another game.

17 seasons i get bored after 7.

My team was going to be Liverpool, as it has been with each release for years.

But I've recently shifted to LLM and will now be starting with a team in the BSN/BSS, probably just pick the one with the best looking kit.

Hull City (decent squad with some room to move in the transfer market at the start to save from relegation. good challenge...)

QPR (nice transfer budget with relatively low expectations at the start...)

Leeds & Southampton (Sleeping giants of L1 with more cash than most in the div...)

Palermo (talented squad and plenty of dosh after altering the wage budget)

Leverkusen (strong squad with quality youth prospects)

Villarreal (good squad with room to manouevre in the transfer market...)

Salzburg (usually have plenty of money...)

Standard Liege (talented squad and lots of good Belgian prospects in the game to acquire...)

RC Lens (Not much cash, but they've got some good players and a few excellent youth prospects...)

SL Benfica, I love managing them since they are my favorite team but I am pretty much obssesed with all their players so I find it hard to sell any of their guys, so I decide to play as two teams...

Most likely in this FM I will play as Benfica, Angrense (Portuguese III Serie Acores) & One Cayman Islands team once I create their league.

See if Spurs can break into the Top 4. But I normally like going for the financial aspect of the games. Portsmouth, West Ham or Liverpool.

Then go with Man U or Real Madrid or Arsenal and try to make them the richest club in the world while trying to pay off all the debt.

Then go to England, Germany, Russia and Turkey and try a nationalist challenge.

Then go to the lowest available league in England and try to pull an Arsene all the way up to the EPL. Or go to like Southampton or Leeds (great facilities but lower leagues) and work back up to the EPL by pulling an Arsene.

17 seasons i get bored after 7.

I did it once with FC Bayern. But it did it over few months. I played like 5-6 seasons then didn't play for weeks (played with another club) came back to the save and played again. Although I think I only did like 10 seasons or so not sure how long it was.

Gotta be Cheltenham Town - my home town team, no cash, wrong end of league 2, manager on 'gardening leave' for racist abuse allegedly! (will this be in the game?!) - ......CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Oh and a journeyman forward whos back at the club for a second stint after being released from Oxford Utd a couple of years ago for sticking a banana up a trainees @r$e!

I'm a West Brom fan but never play as them on any FM so I'll probably just be a random lower league English side to start with.

I was thinking someone like Chesterfield or Bournemouth maybe. Then once i've exhausted that game I'll probably try a few foreign leagues :)

Chelsea. Going to sign Vaart, Chivu, Iaquinta and most likely sell Kalou and Anelka. In my demo Alex wanted new challenges and was unhappy - so anticipating this I might make a move for Cris or another central defender. Also possibly will make a move for someone to fill in for Lampard and/or Essien in midfield, and going to seek a good PK goalie (Enyeama if possible).

The challenge is very minimal initially - but once the transfer ban takes effect and I am stuck trying to convince players to stay, bring up more youth, and face all those other challenges...it could get tougher.

I'll start with Real Murcia in Spanish 2nd division. They are an under archiving team in real life, with a good stadium (33k) and youth academy. My goal is to get promoted to 1st division where they should historically be, that shouldn't be really hard, and then to stabilize them and turn them into an European contender (that will be the hard part).

Once i get tired of it, i'll probably start a LLM game either in Spanish 2nd B division with my city team (Toledo) or in a lower league in UK.

Archived