Football Manager 2010 PC for £17.95 from Zavvi

Me too, plus mine's got to be redirected from UK to Cambodia; all-in-all I'll probably start a fortnight later than the rest. For FM09 this worked out very nicely since all the rage over the bugs had subsided with the release of a patch by the time I got the game. Sometimes waiting a bit is beneficial. Anyway, on my last FM09 save I'm poised to pile up Hall of Fame points - I'm even endeavouring to manage England to World Cup triumph. I want to finish high up the HoF table for the first itme in my CM/FM career!

Is it a relative in the UK who's forwarding it?

If so, get them to email you the STEAM code from the box when they receive it. That way you can use steam to play until it arrives, then either get rid of steam and use disk in drive, or just stick with steam.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it a relative in the UK who's forwarding it?

If so, get them to email you the STEAM code from the box when they receive it. That way you can use steam to play until it arrives, then either get rid of steam and use disk in drive, or just stick with steam.

ooooooooooooooh, i like that! Thats a great idea! :)

People are more likely to write those reviews when they have something bad to say. For every dissatisfied customer there is probably a few thousand happy ones. Same reason you'll often here moaning on here when a new game gets released, all the happy customers are busy playing

Guest markyosullivan

I think I'm going to pre-order with Zavvi. :) I saw this yesterday. :D I've never pre-ordered with Zavvi and that's why I'm kind of put off pre-ordering with them. :\

You are probably right.

But has anyone from here actually ever ordered from them?

Not from the new Zavvi, but they're owned by The Hut Group, from which I suspect everyone has bought DVD/Games etc at some stage, as they also do "white label" sales where the transaction is carried out by The Hut Group under the name of another company:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hut_Group

I've never had any problems with their services. In fact I suspect the only likely problem in receiving the game will be from those fine fellows at Royal Mail....

sweet just got a 10 pound off code from hotukdeals.com so only £7.95 for me game now that is awesome

big thanks to the peeps who found these deals :-)

Just registered with them but it says I have to have more posts before I can qualify - how many did you need?

Edit: Just qualified with 5 posts.

Double Edit: Argh, it's one scratchcard per day.

Just registered with them but it says I have to have more posts before I can qualify - how many did you need?

So you thought you'd just sit and play scratchcard after scratchcard all day? oh dear

yer shame about 1 per day. I was lucky on my first try (beginners luck lol)

but i do hope you get A winner tomorrow or when ever you try. Anyway ill wish ya good luck :-)

Pre-ordered about 10 days ago now if i remember correctly. Was about to spend 30 of my precious english pounds on it too! The only annoyance i have is that i recently went onto the Arsenal website (being a gooner) and spotted the Arsenal Edition will be out this year again :( kind of wanted that but at £30 at least ive still got a bargain through Zavvi!

Ordered. Thanks for the spot - was all ready to spend £5 more to get the game from Amazon. Just hope Zavvi deliver promptly. Anyone had any experience with them before? Can I expect to receive it on day of release?

I have never ordered from them, so I have no idea!

Managed to see from another forum, he had pre-ordered the new Batman, definitely wasn't delivered/posted on release day!

As I said before, I'm happy to wait a few days!

And you know this how?

Lots and lots and lots of experience. And then some. Are you expecting a finished product out of the box on release day? I guess you won't bother with the inevitable final patch in March to fix the issues of the patch that fixed the issues of the patch that fixed the issues of the release version of the game?

I'd rather wait for the final patch, forgo the agony and stress of things not working and get the game for £5 in March. But hey, that's just me :)

Just a quickie, those of you that have pre-orderd with zavvi does it take the money out of your account straight away or when they ship it? don't get pait till the 26th :(

They take the money when it ships, they might check your account has the funds available now but I doubt it.

Just got it from zavvi for £12.95, with a £5 voucher code from hotukdeals, as they are doing a promotion on it, but you need to sign up on there website to get it as its like a scratchcard you need to match 3symbols, vouchers range from £1 all the way upto £100

How did you get the scratch card? Is it on the profile?

Worldwide.

Can you please help me in finding an official link/answer to that. I'm in Kosovo, and i would love to order it off them, but for some reason i'm not sure if they would ship here, since it's a new and very small country.

Lots and lots and lots of experience. And then some. Are you expecting a finished product out of the box on release day? I guess you won't bother with the inevitable final patch in March to fix the issues of the patch that fixed the issues of the patch that fixed the issues of the release version of the game?

I'd rather wait for the final patch, forgo the agony and stress of things not working and get the game for £5 in March. But hey, that's just me :)

There'll be the inevitable moans about some things when in fact the game's fine and it's just the fault of the user. Loads of improvement this edition. But yeah game will be awesome. :cool:

£17.95???? Sounds blasted expensive if you ask me! I got FM09 for less than £10 last year. Or was it this year? Yup, this year. I bought it once the final patch was out and the game was playable. Why anyone would spend money on a game unlikely to work properly until March 2010 is a bit strange to me but anyway.

While that might have been the case with past games in years gone by.

Trust me on this one, I don't think it will be the case with this version of the game. It feels incredibly solid and polished!

Anyone else noticed the 'despatch date' is the 30th in the account summary?

That combined the postal backlog from a potential weeklong Royal Mail strike from the 22nd onward makes for some ugly delays, I've cancelled my preorder, I'll pick it up on Steam rather than be cursing on 3rd of November when it has only just possibly arrived.

Anyone else noticed the 'despatch date' is the 30th in the account summary?

That combined the postal backlog from a potential weeklong Royal Mail strike from the 22nd onward makes for some ugly delays, I've cancelled my preorder, I'll pick it up on Steam rather than be cursing on 3rd of November when it has only just possibly arrived.

You'll pay 30 pounds on Steam rather than wait a little while. No wonder these companies charge this kind of fee. The fact Zavvi can sell if for 18 shows how much these other companies are robbing the public.

Infact I notice in the Digital Download thread that has been opened one company is charging 39.99. Robbing so and so's

You'll pay 30 pounds on Steam rather than wait a little while. No wonder these companies charge this kind of fee. The fact Zavvi can sell if for 18 shows how much these other companies are robbing the public.

Infact I notice in the Digital Download thread that has been opened one company is charging 39.99. Robbing so and so's

Yup. I will, 'cos it's worth it, I can afford it, and 'cos Dingus got the same answer I got from Zavvi.

I queried this with Zaavi asking if the game would be posted a day or two early to allow for delays, and got this reply:-

"I'm sorry but we wont be getting the stock in until a few days prior to the release date and in this instance the estimated date of dispatch is also the 30/10/09.

Postal strikes actually began on Friday 09/10/09 and this may cause delays in delivery

Delivery is usually 3-5 working days but we do ask that you allow a total of 10 working days before contacting us to advise if this hasn't been received.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused."

make of that what you will!

I'll pop £50 down now that says there's a thread with up to a hundred people moaning when it takes until Nov 5th for FM to arrive. It'll be the one just below the 'OMFG there's an injury bug' thread that'll be thrown up when Owen breaks another toenail.

Archived