Football Manager 2010 PC for £17.95 from Zavvi

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many others I was going to wait to play the demo before deciding but that is an offer that is juts too good to turn down. I've ordered that and PES10 for PS3 for less than £50, thats an absolute steal. To those not sure if they will get it on release day it says on the page that it is to be delivered on release day so heres hoping.

If you buy the DVD can you link it up with STEAM such that you can play without loading the DVD?

Yes, that whats i did with 09. The game gave me an option during installation as to how to activate it, just choose steam there and it will do just that. Suits me fine because i like having the retail box but i also like the auto patch that steam uses.

Yes, that whats i did with 09. The game gave me an option during installation as to how to activate it, just choose steam there and it will do just that. Suits me fine because i like having the retail box but i also like the auto patch that steam uses.

So let me get this clear, since I have already pre-ordered the disk from Zavvi.

I can:

1) Select STEAM as the option to activate my game during installation

2) Complete installation and throw away the disk (well, keep it aside, at least)

3) Load up the game via STEAM, even OFFLINE

4) Allow STEAM to auto-patch if I'm connected to the internet.

All this without having to use the DVD each time and without having to enter some code or go through some convoluted process to start a simple game I bought?

I can:

2) Complete installation and throw away the disk (well, keep it aside, at least)

All this without having to use the DVD each time and without having to enter some code or go through some convoluted process to start a simple game I bought?

Yes, you can istall through Steam and then not even have to access Steam again. All you need to do is create a shortcut to your desktop.

Play offline, without the DVD, without loading STEAM?!

I think I am in love with SI, Steam and you.

Its nice to feel loved ;):D. Seriously, it is possible. It was all covered last year, you know you can have the game installed on 5 different machines at the same time also? Although obviously you can only play one at a time lol.

Play offline, without the DVD, without loading STEAM?!

I think I am in love with SI, Steam and you.

Its nice to feel loved ;):D. Seriously, it is possible. It was all covered last year, you know you can have the game installed on 5 different machines at the same time also? Although obviously you can only play one at a time lol.

Will you 2 PM each other or something ;)

Ordered from Zavvi. Thanks for the heads up. :thup:

I was going to get my copy with £30 worth of Argos vouchers, but I found out that not only had the price in Argos gone up to £34.95, but it was also not available in store. So I did a straight swap with me Mum - she gets my vouchers, I get £30 cash. Now I've got £12.05 spare. \o/

Ordered from Zavvi. Thanks for the heads up. :thup:

I was going to get my copy with £30 worth of Argos vouchers, but I found out that not only had the price in Argos gone up to £34.95, but it was also not available in store. So I did a straight swap with me Mum - she gets my vouchers, I get £30 cash. Now I've got £12.05 spare. \o/

Nice job!

I can:

Don't even have to do that, my FM09 disc has never been in a PC. I just typed my code into Steam and it did the rest.

ordered mine now from zavvi. i got it from hmv last year for the free mouse, which is great for my laptop stops getting bad fingers using the pad for hours and is a handy little size, but not fussed over the free gifts on offer this year round, and that 'personalize the game' thing sounded stupid too.

not fussed if i dont get it on release day, id sooner pay 12 quid less n wait, plus anyway after waiting months anyway ill last a couple more days if i have too

Maybe it has been mentioned before. But how are Zavvi when delivering to another country outside the UK? I live in Sweden and quite frankly this price is really too good to turn down even though I thought of waiting for the price to come down...this is already good enough for me. :)

Can I hope to have the game on release day, or will it take a few days past that? I know it says "delivery on 30th october" but I'm gussing that is for UK only maybe? Is it free delivery also outide UK?

Maybe it has been mentioned before. But how are Zavvi when delivering to another country outside the UK? I live in Sweden and quite frankly this price is really too good to turn down even though I thought of waiting for the price to come down...this is already good enough for me. :)

Can I hope to have the game on release day, or will it take a few days past that? I know it says "delivery on 30th october" but I'm gussing that is for UK only maybe? Is it free delivery also outide UK?

It will cost you about another £1-2 on top and should........................still be with you on time

the site says pre orders to arrive on release day but that might be U.K. only but doesnt specify that:thup:

I have ordered also from zavvi FM2010 and i live in Finland (EU area), what are the odds for that i have this FM2010 game at 30 of October and i can install it at that weekend? Or should i mentaly prepare myself for that i receive this game at November?

It will cost you about another £1-2 on top and should........................still be with you on time

the site says pre orders to arrive on release day but that might be U.K. only but doesnt specify that:thup:

Alright thanks. :) Another £1 or £2 I can live with, still a great price! Can always hope to get it on release day but a few extra days wouldn't bother me too much.

Alright thanks. :) Another £1 or £2 I can live with, still a great price! Can always hope to get it on release day but a few extra days wouldn't bother me too much.

I have posted the following reply that I received from Zavvi regarding the delivery date of FM10 on the 1st page of this thread, I have again quoted it below...

I think it should be delivered to people in the UK on release day or maybe even earlier. This is my view, because I contacted Zavvi.co.uk to find out when I would receive my copy of FM10.

I assumed as a South African resident that I wouldn't receive my copy until at least 2 weeks after the release date...

Extract of my question:

Finally, when will Football Manager 2010 be delivered to me if
I pre-order it from you? Will I receive it on 30th October? Or will you
only mail it to my South African address on the 30th of October?

But now I'm slightly more optimistic as a result of what their customer support representative replied... :thup:

Extract of their answer:

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed
your query and we are able to confirm the following:

We will endeavour to despatch this to you so that it gets
to you by the release date.

So let's hope Zavvi deliver (no pun intended :D) on their promise!

£17.95???? Sounds blasted expensive if you ask me! I got FM09 for less than £10 last year. Or was it this year? Yup, this year. I bought it once the final patch was out and the game was playable. Why anyone would spend money on a game unlikely to work properly until March 2010 is a bit strange to me but anyway.

Just got it from zavvi for £12.95, with a £5 voucher code from hotukdeals, as they are doing a promotion on it, but you need to sign up on there website to get it as its like a scratchcard you need to match 3symbols, vouchers range from £1 all the way upto £100

I dont really care about the free gifts offered etc... So I just saw this today and thought I would share with you! I knew the £29.99 wouldn't last long!!

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10053714.product

Zavvi don't charge for delivery and if anyone spends over £35 then use this code ZWalk to get £3 off. I used it and bought 2 game one for me and my mate so that was £32.90 for 2 games when HMV, Play, Amazon et al are selling one for £29.99.

I know there is already this thread below but wanted everyone to see it!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=144507

Brilliant find. Done what you did, £16.45 for the best game out, bargain. Thank you.

Nice! Where'd you get the voucher from?

Im signed up to this website that are celebrating being in existence for 5 years, so they offer their members a scratchcard type game for just this week i believe. Havent had any luck so far this week but, get in, £10 off is a right bonus!

£17.95???? Sounds blasted expensive if you ask me! I got FM09 for less than £10 last year. Or was it this year? Yup, this year. I bought it once the final patch was out and the game was playable. Why anyone would spend money on a game unlikely to work properly until March 2010 is a bit strange to me but anyway.

And you know this how?

Archived