Why is your username your username?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by droog37:

Mine is two film references. Droog from A Clockwork Orange and 37 from the films of Kevin Smith. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in a row?

I chose mine for two reasons. Firstly for the last 30 years I have been a serious Star Trek fan and secondly because they probably wouldn't have allowed my original choice Jock Strap . I know that they wouldnt appreciate my odd sense of humour.

My name is from when i created my first e-mail account. The computer coughed up my first name together with the 2 first letters of my second name and surname. That was about 10 yrs ago, and it seems like it's unique. Haven't encountered another user anywhere with that name yet icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ashen:

From the Valheru Ashen Shugar.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I am Tomas.... Brilliant books.

Ehvan is the name of a character I played/play in some online RPGs, have had the name since about 1999? Wanted something fantasy sounding, was 15...it worked. HSV because they're the family team.

Because my name is Craig Hopper. Put the first letter of my first name together with my last name and you get the nickname I got throughout school and now have when playing 5-a-side.

The 99 is because I first used this as a name on the internet in 1999.

Guest Pilgrim UK

I used to play a lot of Call of Duty onlione and needed a nick for that. I'd just been reading Slaughterhouse 5, and so chose "Pilgrim" as I wasn't very good at Call of Duty and rarely really knew what was happening on the servers...

When I came to reg here I used Pilgrim for that reason. Then I forgot my login details and ended up changing my email so I had to create a new account, and so I needed to add the "UK" bit.

I am not, have never been, and do not intend to become, a Plymouth fan.

I'm old and boring.

My original name on these forums was Jimbokav71 back in 2003/04(ish), as it was the start of the email address I had. Then I changed ISP's and email addresses and was to stupid to work out how to get SI to send me my sign in info so I re-registered with my new email address Jimbokav1971, (which is a mix of my forename and surname and my year of birth).

Told you I was old and boring (and stupid).

xouman comes from showman. A ski teacher called me so watching me skiing, I did in a particular way (I was learning icon_razz.gif). Quickly everybody called me showman because that teacher was quite popular. But showman is too common so I changed it to xouman.

At the time when I registered here I was a total newbie to internett community and had a friend helping me out. Because of me needing help he tought I was a vegetable and called me Veg instead of Leo. And after several request the mods haven't changed my username icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

I chose mine for two reasons. Firstly for the last 30 years I have been a serious Star Trek fan and secondly because they probably wouldn't have allowed my original choice Jock Strap . I know that they wouldnt appreciate my odd sense of humour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trekman means in dutch slang **********man. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone who knows Tolkein's "The Hobbit" well will know where my username comes from, anyone who doesn't won't care. As far as I recall it is never mentioned in Lord of the Rings, but probably gets a mention in some of those books on the history of Middle Earth that I've never bothered reading.

I guess I ought to re-read The Hobbit since I haven't done for many years so can only just remember that Glamdring, Gandalf's sword, was picked up from the troll's lair.

Archived