Why is your username your username?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

donsutd,

the 2 teams I support, Aberdeen, my hometown club and utd as in United (now living in Leeds, have been for 15 years, the coverage of Scottish football here is non existent so I did a Fergie and adopted Man utd, much to the annoyance of my Leeds supporting mates) icon_biggrin.gif

sorry I know its slightly off topic but my user name is somewhat unique, managed to use it for everything and while I am patiently awaiting the patch for fm08 I am playing and getting badly beat on various ps3 games pes08, smackdown, motorstorm, resitance, call of duty 4, feel free to add me as a friend icon_wink.gif

Because flatteringly my friends seem to think i look like Jerzy 'Dudek'

Ironically, i am also a goalkeeper, hence the '1'

The Forest are 'Red'

Nearly got me beat up by Chelsea fans when i was playing football against them, as I kept calling 'Dudek' when i came out for the ball. Liverpool had just beat Chelsea in the Champo League - oops

Loved the film hackers when i was young and fancied Angelina Jolie although she is way too thin now. Its her hacker name in the movie have used it ever since I saw it, if it wasnt that my username would be some sort of geeky reference to star trek, star gate, marvel comics or wrestling.

I am an Everton fan and at the time I picked the name, Rooney had just come through into the first team and his goals seemed like magic!! 8 is my lucky number so I used it twice for double the luck!

Course it didn't work as Rooney left and now I hate my username and that little ****!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

When turned into Wingdings 3 it becomes a cheat code for one of my favourite games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, which game!?

Guest United_FM

"United" for Manchester United, the team

"FM" for Football Manager, the game

Actually was surprised that it wasn't taken already icon_biggrin.gif

pyewackett

Is still a gamertag that I use on the Xbox took it with me to the Xbox 360.

pyewackett is from an old film something to do with a witches cat or something all the cool gamertags I could think of were taken, so the misses suggested pyewackett and I am stuck with it.

Mine's just what the TV commentator said just after Southampton had scored the one and only goal in the 1976 FA Cup Final: "S(ou)th(am)pton go mad!".

Unfortunately I haven't a clue who it was...there were two separate telecasts of it I think and I dont see the one that the quote is from too often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mines a typo, was meant to be Skrat from Ice Age. Just a random name i thought of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe if you contact the mods they can change your username for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hunter Thomson:

I didnt want to do the usual forum thing of hiding behind a pseudonym.

OR

I have no creativity or originality so I just used my name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to see I'm not the only one ... but I think I chose the latter as my argument. icon_cool.gif Generally my username for most things is "ranga85", as I'm a Ginger Ninja born in 1985.

~MC

got called Lupo in high school (almost 20 years ago now) after a holiday in Italy... 2-3 years later some drunk friends turned it around, it has been stuck with me ever since icon_wink.gif

and it certainly was unique back in those days of BBS when first needing a nick in the "online world"

-------------

opultown

My first computer name back from '85, when I got my C64. Back then in the early days of cyberpunk, you didn't use your real name on computers (not that different from today), and I thought that Doctor Who was a cool name for a clever guy with a secret name.

It was only later, that I learned that the name was already taken by a Sci-Fi TV-show character.

Archived