Football Manager Cut-Out Megapack

geordie1981

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Great stuff mate. If that's the case, then it's as I expected, the problem lies with the downloaders - errors at their end and we can't be expected to provide technical support, and therefore have done all we can.

I suggest if you are experiencing slow speeds/can't connect - read up about torrents and stop blaming the pack.

Although I haven't 'blamed the pack' and am quite enjoying the long wait (I must be strange) you are rather quick to assume that the downloaders (you make it sound like a tribe of *******) are uncapable of knowing anything about the working of torrents. I can assure you that I have used my torrent client more than the vast majority of people have used there own. It is used everyday.

Now, I don't think that your last post (#508) was very nice really. It makes you sound like a pillock. Like some horrid elitist.

I suggest if you're experiencing difficulties in assisting with this megapack - read up on your manners and people skills and stop sounding like a cock.

Calm down mate we don't want to scare users away from the MP, i got the MP quite quick considering that there was only 1 seed at the time.

the problem in some cases is the port being blocked also some users have not got DHT enabled and not just that the correct settings for best speed.

Technical support can be found on the program web sites and also the odd other its a matter of searching etc.

You are right about some people not searching etc. It;s the same all over the SI forum really. They want it doing for them. Even with tactics they just want to download one that will always win them games so they can just be the best club instantly.

It's a shame that tone of voice can often fail to be conveyed in text. My message was meant less harsh than it may have come across. It's how my friends and I talk to eachother.

Although I can imagine it being fairly stressful at times in trying to not only spend a hell of a lot of time on creating the pack but then having to explain in depth on how to use it I feel that it may be a good idea to take a deep breath at times when posting on here. Especially if you're tired of repeating yourselves to the more lazy users.

You've done a good job all in all and I respect the time and effort you have put in. Thanks.

Perhaps in a relaxed sense. Maybe if you issued a list of players that pictures are required for then I and others could search for them.

I will certainly search for the ones I notice to be missing or of not good quality myself though.

I am awaiting the db list for fm10, i have around 2k pictures to sort and find new and better for but for now i have them on hold until i get the list

yes this MP is and has been created from fans and lots of users have contributed in different ways. i have done a few cuts but not too many as my skills are not strong yet, so i contribute in cleaning up and finding new pictures, also double check the config and look for mislabeled files if any etc.

I am in the hunt for researchers and cutters whom are willing to be given a pack containing 5+ pictures some people have asked for packs of 20-30 but then the odd person asked for 100+ i had sent out a pack of 500 too.

You are right about some people not searching etc.

Although I can imagine it being fairly stressful at times in trying to not only spend a hell of a lot of time on creating the pack but then having to explain in depth on how to use it I feel that it may be a good idea to take a deep breath at times when posting on here. Especially if you're tired of repeating yourselves to the more lazy users.

You've done a good job all in all and I respect the time and effort you have put in. Thanks.

Yes mate, I apologise, it has just been a real gut-punch having to reply to the hundreds of messages I have had from people sla@gging the pack off for not working when much of the time it is down to a lack of reading basic instructions.

I have had so many PMs from people asking why the pack doesn't work for them I am just losing my patience and there have been some fairly aggressive messages posted on this thread complaining about the pack.

I've had my deep breath and am know ready to deal with the next person complaining because they have put it in the wrong folder ;) lol.

R

PS. Thanks Willis the positive messages outway the negative about 3 to 1 and that's why I'm still doing it ;)

Great pack but ive downloaded and the pics werent showing then i realised there is no Config file is there meant to be one or do i have to make my own? also any chance someone could send us the config files for each part please

Great pack but ive downloaded and the pics werent showing then i realised there is no Config file is there meant to be one or do i have to make my own? also any chance someone could send us the config files for each part please

Anyone help with this please?

lfc7 - I just extracted the lot into the Graphics folder - C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics - and it worked fine, I didn't have to mess around with a config file or anything.

Thats where ive put mine but its supposed to have a config file with each part and there isnt one any chance anyone could upload the config files for me please would really appreciate it

Hardly have ever used torrent but d'loaded uTorrent as suggested in the MP thread. Have the torrent d'loading and things are going well speedwise, usually showing 4-5 hours to complete.

Problem is the MP thread says

It will then start downloading the pack into uTorrent and the pack will be in your documents in a folder called File Share Downloads.

I don't have a folder called File Share Downloads but the torrent is d'loading somewhere on my computer. Is it\will it create this folder? Will it only show up when the d'load is done? Do I need to start over and designate a destination in the uTorrent preferences?

FWIW using Vista 64bit home premium.

I don't have a folder called File Share Downloads but the torrent is d'loading somewhere on my computer. Is it\will it create this folder? Will it only show up when the d'load is done? Do I need to start over and designate a destination in the uTorrent preferences?

I *think* unless you tell uTorrent otherwise, it sticks it in your >Downloads folder which is either in >Documents (or somewhere on the same 'level' as Docs in your User Folders on the c:/drive)

I have downloaded MEGAPACK V.2 from the first page but I think a config file is missing in the folder. Does anybody know if it is true???

how did you download the MP? there is definantly a config file included in the torrent rar so i'm not sure why people are having issues with there not being one after extraction

to create a config the quickest and easiest way download fmXML HERE

1. install

2. point the program to the location of the MP folder using the browse button

3. select 'make config.xml file'

4. select 'faces'

5. check the box 'all filenames are IDs'

6. click GO!

Any hope of a download that just has the EPL players in? Love the pack but not bothered about getting so many of them.

some individual team packs can be found over at sortitoutsi for the EPL, but with the introduction of the MP, there are not many teams being recut when the images in the MP are already so good

Hardly have ever used torrent but d'loaded uTorrent as suggested in the MP thread. Have the torrent d'loading and things are going well speedwise, usually showing 4-5 hours to complete.

Problem is the MP thread says

FWIW using Vista 64bit home premium.

ignore that, i am on win 7 and when i was in Vista too it would download in to my Downloads folder

you can change the settings in options - preferences - directory (or just check to see where they're going to be saved)

Finally I got it. I saw some of my work and I'm not in the credits.

Compare the players mentioned below between my Independiente pack made here with the ones in the Megapack

i will let Rowan know and you should hopefully be in the credits on the update

Does this work for Macs?

Yes it does work on Mac.

I *think* unless you tell uTorrent otherwise, it sticks it in your >Downloads folder which is either in >Documents (or somewhere on the same 'level' as Docs in your User Folders on the c:/drive)

it does go in the downloads folder which is located:

DRIVE:\Users\NAME\Downloads

This. Would really appreciate facepacks of some of the bigger leagues alone.

we're working on something like this at Susie, but over there there are a few small packs of leagues and or individual teams but its a matter of searching for them.

this is the best facepack i've ever downloaded. great work!

glad to hear and i hope you enjoy

-------------------

Can anyone help the and be involved in the team? cutting, researching etc

Really great work guys, makes the game so much better. I apologise if i'm being thick but is there no EPL images included in the pack? I tried searching the various threads on siosi for an explanation but couldn't find any. I also searched on the megapack site for random players in the premiership and none appeared.

Really great work guys, makes the game so much better. I apologise if i'm being thick but is there no EPL images included in the pack? I tried searching the various threads on siosi for an explanation but couldn't find any. I also searched on the megapack site for random players in the premiership and none appeared.

there are pics for nearly every player from the first team down to the under 18s as well as almost all staff for the whole EPL...

have you unticked skin cache and ticked reload skin in preferences?

Yeah I have, i'm getting faces for all the other leagues but no one in the premiership.

Have you got another facepack or Premiership-related file in your graphics folder?

Conflicts can arise sometimes and it's best to only use the Megapack.

If not then a usual fix of any issues is to re-install the game (doesn't take long and I think has a flushing your system effect)

there are pics for nearly every player from the first team down to the under 18s as well as almost all staff for the whole EPL...

have you unticked skin cache and ticked reload skin in preferences?

Have you got another facepack or Premiership-related file in your graphics folder?

Conflicts can arise sometimes and it's best to only use the Megapack.

If not then a usual fix of any issues is to re-install the game (doesn't take long and I think has a flushing your system effect)

Tried it and its still not showing anything for EPL players. I downloaded all the 14 parts from Rapid. Was each part just just a mix or maybe specific for different leagues? Maybe I missed one?

EDIT

After having done a search on the whole megapack folder, there is no config file. Where I could get it?

Tried it and its still not showing anything for EPL players. I downloaded all the 14 parts from Rapid. Was each part just just a mix or maybe specific for different leagues? Maybe I missed one?

EDIT

After having done a search on the whole megapack folder, there is no config file. Where I could get it?

You should have 55,800 images in the pack, if you don't it's possible one of the downloaded parts didn't fully extract. This has happened to a couple of people, which was why I wasn't keen on splitting the pack up...just too many chances of errors.

You could make your own config file for it using fmXML HERE

You should have 55,800 images in the pack, if you don't it's possible one of the downloaded parts didn't fully extract. This has happened to a couple of people, which was why I wasn't keen on splitting the pack up...just too many chances of errors.

You could make your own config file for it using fmXML HERE

I've got 52,508 faces, If I remember right there were a couple of errors when extracting. I would make my own config but i'm on a mac and don't think program runs on them.

So i've got to go and download it all again then?

Archived