Football Manager Cut-Out Megapack

geordie1981

I've got 52,508 faces, If I remember right there were a couple of errors when extracting. I would make my own config but i'm on a mac and don't think program runs on them.

That's bad news. I personally would start over then. Download the torrent or wait for the direct download that we are working on releasing soon.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should have 55,800 images in the pack, if you don't it's possible one of the downloaded parts didn't fully extract. This has happened to a couple of people, which was why I wasn't keen on splitting the pack up...just too many chances of errors.

You could make your own config file for it using fmXML HERE

That's bad news. I personally would start over then. Download the torrent or wait for the direct download that we are working on releasing soon.

I'll try Rapidshare again as my torrent speeds are non existent. I'll try just unpacking one at a time.

This is SO frustrating. Why can't it just be made simple, or why can't SI just not be so lazy and actually add the pics and logos into the actual game in the first place?!

Anyway, I have downloaded the megapack and tried to follow the instructions:

Once downloaded, place the Megapack folder here:

> My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2009>graphics>faces

> My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>graphics>faces

You will or may have to add the folder "graphics" then in that folder add the folder "faces" then extract the RAR in to the faces folder

And that's all well and good, but I have no idea how to create this graphics folder. Why isn't it there in the first place?! Anyway, I'm using Vista, please someone tell me how the hell I do this.

This is SO frustrating. Why can't it just be made simple, or why can't SI just not be so lazy and actually add the pics and logos into the actual game in the first place?!

Anyway, I have downloaded the megapack and tried to follow the instructions:

Once downloaded, place the Megapack folder here:

> My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2009>graphics>faces

> My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>graphics>faces

You will or may have to add the folder "graphics" then in that folder add the folder "faces" then extract the RAR in to the faces folder

And that's all well and good, but I have no idea how to create this graphics folder. Why isn't it there in the first place?! Anyway, I'm using Vista, please someone tell me how the hell I do this.

Woah there. No need to shout. Creating folders is a very basic process in computing, so I'll give you a quick lesson:

Open up this folder:

> My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>

Then go to: file - new - folder. and name it "graphics" (Pop the megapack folder in there)

Or... Right Mouse click somewhere in the folder and click new>folder.

...yes it is that simple.

Thanks for your help RowRow, I couldn't find file, new or folder anywhere but right-clicking allowed me to create a new file.

Do I need to put the logos there aswell as the facepacks?

Yeah, anything in the "grpahics" folder will now be looked at by the game (assuming it has a config file)

You might want to use that folder creating technique to create sub-folders inside your new "graphics" folder like:

"Kits"

"Logos"

"Faces"

"Backgrounds"

to avoid confusion and make managing it easier.

You are a star RowRow78 :)

However, what is a config file? And how do I check if it has one? (Does it need one?)

Also, is that it then? I.e, Should it now work; do I need to do anything else?

a config file is a text file that helps the game point to the spefic images. You'll find it in the megapack called config.xml strangely enough.

That's it, load up your game and ensuring you have ticked "always reload skin" and unticked "use cache" in the preferences (as told to in the instructions) you'll view the images in game. Same process follows for logos & kits.

So it was definitely a problem with extraction as I've now got the config file and the pics are in the game. Although I'm now about 12,000 short of what should be there :p

This seems a bit of a waste to me, but I guess you can use it like this until we release the Direct download which should be in a week or so.

This seems a bit of a waste to me, but I guess you can use it like this until we release the Direct download which should be in a week or so.

I'll try downloading them for a third time, but will save the config just incase. Are the updates gonna be released at set times? or just when you guys feel you have enough stuff to release?

Keep up great work guys, improves the game so much.

I'll try downloading them for a third time, but will save the config just incase. Are the updates gonna be released at set times? or just when you guys feel you have enough stuff to release?

Keep up great work guys, improves the game so much.

When I've got enough, usually wait for around 1,500-2,000 images before an update. Based on what I've collected since release I'd say another week or so for 2.1 update

When I've got enough, usually wait for around 1,500-2,000 images before an update. Based on what I've collected since release I'd say another week or so for 2.1 update

Good stuff.

Seems third time worked a charm, finally got 55,000 odd images plus the config!

hi guys, my first post on any football manager forum. ive just finished downloading the metallic logo pack and its working perfectly. makes the gaming experience so much better having the club crests in the game. When i seen this huge face pack i needed to get it. i started downloading through torrent last night and was kind of hoping it might of been ready for me today. when i checked back its still reading that ive got 9 days 15hrs and 30mins, lol. so you see my problem. the metallic logo pack downloaded in a few hours where as this seems to be taking forever. the megapack has downloaded 7.6%, if it means i am in for a long wait then so be it.

i just want to say thank you to rowrow for his patience with everyone and myself. What he has done here is magnificent!! thanks again for your time and effort in making everyones gaming experience so much better. top man!!

hi guys, my first post on any football manager forum. ive just finished downloading the metallic logo pack and its working perfectly. makes the gaming experience so much better having the club crests in the game. When i seen this huge face pack i needed to get it. i started downloading through torrent last night and was kind of hoping it might of been ready for me today. when i checked back its still reading that ive got 9 days 15hrs and 30mins, lol. so you see my problem. the metallic logo pack downloaded in a few hours where as this seems to be taking forever. the megapack has downloaded 7.6%, if it means i am in for a long wait then so be it.

i just want to say thank you to rowrow for his patience with everyone and myself. What he has done here is magnificent!! thanks again for your time and effort in making everyones gaming experience so much better. top man!!

have you enabled DHT as some users have been getting fast speeds, but there is around 900 downloading each day.

i am glad you like the pack we're all working hard to get more pictures for the update and new and improved pictures too

I downloaded both of these recently as well, on a reasonably decent connection, and experienced a similar thing. There just aren't many seeders actually online much for the facepacks it seems, despite there being a lot of seeders listed. Once I did finish the download though, it made the game much better-looking. All I need to find now is a similarly comprehensive stadium backgrounds pack.

I downloaded both of these recently as well, on a reasonably decent connection, and experienced a similar thing. There just aren't many seeders actually online much for the facepacks it seems, despite there being a lot of seeders listed. Once I did finish the download though, it made the game much better-looking. All I need to find now is a similarly comprehensive stadium backgrounds pack.

from what i know this doesn't work on fm10 as of yet maybe after the 2nd patch

from what i know this doesn't work on fm10 as of yet maybe after the 2nd patch

That's annoying. Apart from adboards and skins, are their any other visual improvements people can recommend?

I'm still waiting for a new skin I like more than the original and can't decide if the adboards would actually add anything to the game - do they?

That's annoying. Apart from adboards and skins, are their any other visual improvements people can recommend?

I'm still waiting for a new skin I like more than the original and can't decide if the adboards would actually add anything to the game - do they?

I think theres a fix somewhere that enables backgrounds for the original skin....

You could look at kits and logos at fmglive...i'm using the the fmg09 logo megapack and the catalogue kits

Great work on this guys. I play lower league and there's even a large number of faces for players all the way down the ladder :D

Well done and KUTGW :thup:

Cheers mate. Just finished a cracking Team pack for Staines - so that will be in the first update out on Sunday!

R

One quick idiots question, because I used last years and thought it was brilliant.

When you say "Thw Direct Download next week", what exactly do you mean?

It will be one file hosted by our friend David how runs his own hosting company so can afford the bandwidth ;)

You won't need to worry about the torrent or having the file split, it will be a one click download option.

This is the theory anyway, I've not heard from him since sending him the pack, I assume he's uploading it as we speak, might be a few more days yet though...

Thanks for the swift response RowRow. I though that was what it meant, just wanted to be sure. Appreciate all the work you and others have put in.

Would rather you didn't inlude Staines though, after they humbled us at home in The FA Cup last week!

EVERYBODY gets a face! At least that's the idea ;)

well what can i say, very very impressive. thanks to everyone who helped put this together. Was definatly worth the download wait time. i had no problems with it working as i just followed the above instructions...simple! thanks again to everyone involved!

Also, can anyone put up a link to where i can find a good kit pack. had a look around but cant seem to find any. would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

all, just downloaded the rar file and went to work extracting.

extracted to /graphics folder into 3 folders players_0, players_1 and players_2 each with config files. I can see some faces are showing but others are not similar to what everjon found.

any suggestions? do i need to merge the folders into one and also create a single config. any help appreciated

all, just downloaded the rar file and went to work extracting.

extracted to /graphics folder into 3 folders players_0, players_1 and players_2 each with config files. I can see some faces are showing but others are not similar to what everjon found.

any suggestions? do i need to merge the folders into one and also create a single config. any help appreciated

the Mp is 1 folder and 1 config but can be split up if you feel the need too but the udates would not work as good.

I used the instructions that were for 2009.... the word document. There was no >2010>graphics>faces so i created on and extracted the file into that. Now I have the following path:

>2010>graphics>faces>megapack 2.0

Is this correct or should I be copying all the individual files into graphics or faces?

Do I have to many folders.

The reason I am asking is that my current path does not work.

LAM

scratch that.... its working. I dont think I had waited for it to upack correctly.... damn that takes some time ;)

Looking great thus far!

I used the instructions that were for 2009.... the word document. There was no >2010>graphics>faces so i created on and extracted the file into that. Now I have the following path:

>2010>graphics>faces>megapack 2.0

Is this correct or should I be copying all the individual files into graphics or faces?

Do I have to many folders.

The reason I am asking is that my current path does not work.

LAM

scratch that.... its working. I dont think I had waited for it to upack correctly.... damn that takes some time ;)

Looking great thus far!

is this the my documents folder then >2010>graphics>faces>megapack 2.0

if so that is correct and works

i use this:

C:\Users\name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\players\MEGAPACK 2.0

Archived