FM:10 Carlos Tevez - Is he too good?

Knowlzy

where is the 99 goals. Its 66 . is your monitor upside down?

Look at the bottom mate, 99 in all competitions!

Tevez is a dream on FM10, but he hasn't scored that many for me!

As I play him AMC (Trequartista). Hes brilliant there.

He shouldn't be as good as he is and he shouldn't score as many goals as he does on this FM, but, Wayne Rooney doesn't score too many goals IRL (most he has ever scored in the league in one season is 16) but nobody says anything when he scores 30+ goals each season on FM.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7923/tevezj.png

Here's my evidence that he is too good!

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8171/toogood1.png

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9065/toogood2.png

That's 99 goals in 2 seasons! Just not believable! I'm not moaning just interested to see if others have had the same results?

That's impressive mate... What instructions did you use for him and who did you play him with mostly (Adebayor I assume?) and with what instructions did he play with?

I used him as a complete forward with Adebayor as a target, seems abit obvious but worked a treat. I play attacking football, using mostly the flanks with Modric and Robinho both attacking wingers floating the ball into the box, I would have thought this would mean more goals for Adebayor!! Tevez has got 12 in 8 games already this season!!

I don't think he's too good, perhaps a tiny bit overrated. But I've seen people getting 35+ goals out of Berbatov and 40+ McDonalds (in the SPL).

I think the problem is that players, especially defenders, in FM10 doesn't know how to tackle. The strikers are only getting this many goals because there is something strange about tackling in FM10 ME I believe...

I'm no expert but perhaps it could be because the tactics created by the Tactics Wizard are "too good" when facing the pre-set AI tactics?

I'm thinking about training Tevez to a winger because I'll rather have Adebayor and Dzeko playing as the lone striker due to their heading ability and a better passer as the AMC. Anyone know how long it'll take? He has great work rate etc. but how about his hidden attributes like versatility and the others that affect how he'll do with positional training? I'd really appreciate a quick answer if anyone knows, as I don't use any editors or things like that!

I'm thinking about training Tevez to a winger because I'll rather have Adebayor and Dzeko playing as the lone striker due to their heading ability and a better passer as the AMC. Anyone know how long it'll take? He has great work rate etc. but how about his hidden attributes like versatility and the others that affect how he'll do with positional training? I'd really appreciate a quick answer if anyone knows, as I don't use any editors or things like that!

Already got a reply from elsewhere, so never mind :)

He shouldn't be as good as he is and he shouldn't score as many goals as he does on this FM, but, Wayne Rooney doesn't score too many goals IRL (most he has ever scored in the league in one season is 16) but nobody says anything when he scores 30+ goals each season on FM.

Misconception. Rooney doesn't score that many in real life due to the way that Alex Ferguson plays him. He wants Rooney to drop deep and collect balls from midfield because his passing and vision are brilliant, and you'll notice since his move from Everton he has improved massively and become much more versatile, working brilliantly in the de facto striker system Ferguson has set up. If Ferguson played him as a natural striker with a support striker, he would get top scorer in the league easily.

Misconception. Rooney doesn't score that many in real life due to the way that Alex Ferguson plays him. He wants Rooney to drop deep and collect balls from midfield because his passing and vision are brilliant, and you'll notice since his move from Everton he has improved massively and become much more versatile, working brilliantly in the de facto striker system Ferguson has set up. If Ferguson played him as a natural striker with a support striker, he would get top scorer in the league easily.

I actually have the second that. Rooney has always and will always have a keen eye for goal and be able to score as freely as the best in the world if he was given an out and out Striker position, but due to the way United play he hasn't been given that freedom until maybe this season and look at how well he is doing when the team are playing below par.

Where-as Tevez has never been great in-front of goal. I think his composure is fine as he is generally (from what I've seen of him) quite calm under pressure but his finishing ability is awful.

Tevez was unstoppable last season for me. He scored 33 goals in 39 appearances. Yet he was left out of the argentina world cup squad.

This season his average rating is about 6.5 and he has scored 19 in 40 appearances yet made the "world player of the years" shortlist.

I can't figure it out. I haven't changed anything either.

He is definitely overrated. I played Man City with Liverpool last night, twice in a row. First game he scores 2 goals but i win 3-2. Second game he scores 4 goals and i lose 4-2. He just walks straight trough my defense with nobody tackling him. Its so weird. He is too good. Torres is better than him, but in this game doesnt score as much yet.

Tevez's stats are far too high on the game. Do a comparison between him and rooney and its ridiculous. There is no way tevez is THAT much a better player stats wise than rooney. They are of similar build and size. Also how is tevez 20 for bravery and rooney only 15???? How many people would seriously pick tevez over rooney in their team? Im not tevez bashing here, think he's a good player but not that good.Hopefully SI will downgrade tevez abit in the next patch. Like last year, some players seem to get through to the release game with crazy stats (srna and miguel veloso spring to mind from last year), or even raise rooney's stats abit.

Tevez's stats are far too high on the game. Do a comparison between him and rooney and its ridiculous. There is no way tevez is THAT much a better player stats wise than rooney. They are of similar build and size. Also how is tevez 20 for bravery and rooney only 15???? How many people would seriously pick tevez over rooney in their team? Im not tevez bashing here, think he's a good player but not that good.Hopefully SI will downgrade tevez abit in the next patch. Like last year, some players seem to get through to the release game with crazy stats (srna and miguel veloso spring to mind from last year), or even raise rooney's stats abit.

hmmm...rooney bagged 38 LEAGUE GOALS in 1 season on my save...my striker had scored 33 and i was amazed he never won top scorer

i think the problem is the strikers goal ratios are way too high in this game

when i can make gabby agbonlahor and nathan delfouneso score 30+ from under 40 games then you know there is a major problem!

• 1 month later...

Stick him as deep lying forward and on attack gets a fair few. Just quickly re-read the theard and everyone is slagging his goalscoring record but now he has 12 goals in 22 games, not great but not as bad as most are making out. Alot of players in fm tend to get overrated, in each installment there seems to be ONE player who is just god and Tevez seems it this year.

• 4 months later...

Well my Rooney for Utd only in second season still at least 9 games left in the season has 36 in all comps this season but last year Rooney got 64 goals in all comps so added together already that is ..... 100 goals :D

I must say it is not very realistic of the game like people have season i dont see anyone hitting near 100 in two season let alone i expect Rooney to now go through the 100 mark.

hmmm...rooney bagged 38 LEAGUE GOALS in 1 season on my save...my striker had scored 33 and i was amazed he never won top scorer

i think the problem is the strikers goal ratios are way too high in this game

But... Andy Cole got 34 in one season, so surely it's possible...?

I think if any striker has a terrific season and avoids any long term injury, it could be possible. If anyone could do that I'd imagine it would be Drogba, Rooney or Tevez.

People,

What am I doing wrong with Carlos Tevez? I play him alongside Adebayor as a poacher and he only scored three goals for me in thirty odd appearances in my first season.

Adebayor on the other hand finished as runner up in the golden boot (19 goals) behind Fernando Torres (20 goals).

He gets loads of chances but he shoots straight at the keeper or baloons shots wide. Should I have a word with him via manager interaction methods and insist he places shots? Will that help?

He shouldn't be that bad surely?!?!?

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7923/tevezj.png

Here's my evidence that he is too good!

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8171/toogood1.png

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9065/toogood2.png

That's 99 goals in 2 seasons! Just not believable! I'm not moaning just interested to see if others have had the same results?

Impressive but I have seen better. Without using the corner cheat I had a striker in FM08 who scored 70+ goals in all competitions in one season.

• 5 weeks later...

any experience with this in the long term? im manchester city and playing one up front usually with 3 behind the striker, dont want to hamper tevez's ability. i know he is excellent up front. but would really like to use him wide left attacking, the balloon is yellow in colour. please share your experiences with him out wide. cheers

Its probably due to the match engine more than anything else, since top class defenders tends to stand there and watch players with pace lower than 13,14 waltz past them

Archived