You're Only as Good as Your Last Result: 2011

Thought it might be a good time to create a new last result thread for 2011. If any mods feel it's not worth the thread, then feel free to closed.

Playing as Luton Town, played Kiddermister. Im top of league, their bottom. Won 2-1 after my main center-back was sent off, so pleased we worked it back with 10 men.

Added by dafuge:

After some discussion with the other GD moderators, we just wanted to make it clear that we do not want this to become a place where people post regular updates on their recent results. It really does need to be a 'one off' post if this thread is going to stay in this forum, rather than a sequence of recent results. We are not going to insist on a strict rule like 'one post per person', but if we feel that people are going overboard then we we take action.

If people really do want to post regular updates on their games then we do have a Career Updates forum where threads can be started for save games and an Anecdote Thread for the more informal updates. We'd be more than glad for more people to take advantage of these places in the relevant forum.

I hope that makes sense, thanks.

First match of the season, took my Cheonan City league side to Changwon City in the Korean N-League, and got a 1-1 draw. Were a little unlucky to be at 1-1 at halftime, and my goalkeeper was playing nervously. Told him I had faith in his ability, and he made some good saves to keep the door shut in the second half. Got our goal from a debutant striker, who picked up a second yellow in second-half injury time after a Changwon player appeared to take a dive near his own penalty area.

And then after the match the Changwon City manager criticized my team saying it should try to shoot "instead of walking the ball into the net." So I responded that I'm not his biggest fan. :D

Inter Milan 0 - 1 Manchester United (Champions League Final)

:D

Chicha scored the only goal after a complete howler by Julio Cesar. Treble winner in the first season after a 3-0 FA Cup victory over Wolves (!) and a 0-7 win away to Fulham to clinch the title. Good times.

First league game of my first save (I'm Man Utd). Man City @ Eastlands, we won 1-0 from a Rooney penalty in the 80th. Could've gone either way. Next 2 games, Chelsea away then Liverpool at home. Hardest start to a season Ive ever had on FM it must be said.

I started with my team, Huddersfield, and had a good pre-season beating Bolton 2-0. We are currently top of League One with 9 games won, 1 drawn and 1 lost. We are also a game to spare, with Hartlepool 1 point behind us in 2nd play. I got a good result in the League Cup beating Burnley 4-1. So far, it has been a good start to the season :D

Swindon 1 - Huddersfield 4

Losing one nil after 24 minutes, 30th, 40th, 67th minute Jordan Rhodes, then an amazing strike from Anthony Pilikington on the edge of the box just curls it in the bottom corner, E I E I E I O up the football league we go, when we win promotion (8)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I'm starting off at Rochdale and early into the League One season and we're top of the table played 3 won 3 things are looking really good.

But then.............

Away at MK Dons who are 8th and we have just been spanked 7-4 by them with Jermaine Easter scoring 4 for them. :eek::mad:

We were simply blown away with apart from 4 players low ratings all round.

EDIT - should of mentioned finished with 9 men due to 3 injuries during the match and 2 of them are out for over 5 months +

Archived