Best Victory!! What is your best and/or most memorable victory?

A couple of days ago I bought FM09 and when I installed it I spent the whole day editing graphics ie adding logos etc. I then decided to start my first game last night, it was a friendly and it didn't go so well I ended up losing 0-2 to Racing Lens from France. My next game was against a farely competitible Sampdoria side from Italian Serie A this was a friendly, the score was 11-0 to me, me being Chelsea, outstanding, I have all FM games except FM07 and have never beaten a side by this much even when being let's say Chelsea and versing lower league opposition.

Screenshots below, you can tell I manage Chelsea as my name and Chelsea are listed in the top left corner.

33ncn6o.png

23m3j7t.png

1532n13.png

Please list your best victories or most memorable ones in this thread.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not finished one season on FM09, so I don't have much to choose from. I'm managing Roma and I suppose the best result I've had was a 3-0 win away to Lyon in the Champions League. I was also delighted with our injury time 2-1 win over Juventus that preserved our 100% home record.

Perugia (me) 4 - 0 AC Milan

I was scrapping for relegation and needed to win one of my last three games. The first was Inter away. The second was AC Milan at home and the third was Roma at home. I was obviously preparing myself for a possible relegation when that scoreline happened! It was a very flattering on my team.

Caining Chelsea 3-0 at home :D i set up my team beautifully. Hit them on the counter 3 times scoring! had a couple other chances but only half what they had. A stunning defensive display and goalkeeper kept them out! Oh how i hate chelsea! MY best FM moment altogether by far! :D

Your name isn't Josh graspy is it? :p i know someone called that and sounds just like you!

My best so far would be my play-off semi-final against Bristol City (as Southampton). They'd beat me both times we met in the league, and my late season form had been rather inconsistent so I was apprehensive going into the game. I neededn't've been, we blew them away 6-2 :D

2-2 in the second leg, a 3-0 win over Birmingham in the final and the Saints were back in the top flight.

I've only just started my first save as Everton, I'm only 10 league game in but I've already had 4 results to be proud of:

Everton 4-2 Manchester United

Everton 2-0 Chelsea

Rangers 2-4 Everton

Everton 11-0 Some Crap Israeli Team

I've had a couple of poors ones too:

Everton 0-2 Portsmouth

Man City 3-0 Everton

im Spurs with 3 games to go t end of season. Had some really good results this year. My record against the "big 4" has been good all year with me beating Liverpool and Man you away, and also Arsenal 3-1 at home after losing to them 2-0 the previous game in FA cup.

But the two results that really stand out are Tottenham 7- 1 West Ham in the league or Me beating AC Milan 4-1 in semi final of Uefa cup after being one nil down at half time. Both of these results Darren Bent scored a hatrick!!!

Im currently Shrewsbury Town and my best result was a league 1 match away to Notts Forest. 3-1 down in the 77th minute, i upped the ante and ending up winning 4-3 thanks to a 95th minute winner. Tremendous result as they were top at the time. In the end both me and Forest got promoted to the Championship :D

my best result so far on fm09 is when i beat Liverpool 4-1 as Portsmouth was a great result/

but my best result ever on any fms was on fm08 when i took over a relegation fighting Tottenham in january and after about 4/5 games without a win i beat man u who were top of the league 10-1 yes 10-1 i couldn't believe it but that was the only win of that season and we got relegated.

I'm going to need a good result when I get home tonight. It's the second leg of my Champions league semi. Drew 1-1 at home with Inter so I'm gonna need a really good performance to reach the final. Incidentally, the goal Inter scored was the first we conceded in the Champions League this season!

I'm going to need a good result when I get home tonight. It's the second leg of my Champions league semi. Drew 1-1 at home with Inter so I'm gonna need a really good performance to reach the final. Incidentally, the goal Inter scored was the first we conceded in the Champions League this season!

Who are you?

Best result on FM09 was beating Chelsea 3-0 at the bridge with Man City, although beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is pretty easy these days, i mean if arsenal can do it....

Most memorable would probably be Faroe Islands 2-0 Argentina in the World Cup in CM03/04. There were quite a few memorable ones en-route to winning the Champions League with Grindavik in FM06 though - Juventus 1-3 Grindavik, having lost the home leg 1-0 was memorable as was the semi-final 0-5 up at half time away to Bayern Munich!

Just started my second season with Catania... first friendly I won 2-1. Stopped playing for about a week. Started playing again, and tweaked my tactic by the tiniest amount (moved 1 player mentality 2 notches) and won my next friendly 13-0, then 8-0, then 9-0. They were all against rubbish opposition but still...

i think fm07 i won the european cup with barca in the final it was somthing like 6-0 so very realistic there :D was the first time i had won the european cup on fm so very happy time!!

on fm09 it was probaly a 1-0 wn against leeds in he fa cup first round with bsn farsley

Got drawn against Liverpool in the League Cup semis as Man City and didn't think much of my chances (I'm no tactical whizkid) so I told my players to enjoy themselves. Was 4-0 up at half time, and even better, we scored another in the second half to win 5-0. Usually when up like that my teams tend to decide they've done enough and sit back and watch as the opposition scores several to win the game. Also, I managed to trounce Chelsea 4-1 away in the league, but from what I hear Chelsea are often pushovers at home against strong(ish) sides in 09.

For sheer comedy value my best win was a couple of years back in FM07 when the mighty Rugby Town somehow made it to the FA Cup 3rd round and got drawn against me (Man City again) at home. I played a number of fringe players then, and watched Ched Evans score 4 first-half goals before we won 11-0. That was a pretty entertaining game, though it made me wonder what I could've achieved if we'd been drawn against them at home and I'd played my first squad.

Mines actually two results but in a short space of time and against the same team on FM09 - Basically beating Galatassary in the Turkish cup final as manager of Fenerbahce on pens 6-5 after a 1-1 draw and then beating them 3 days later in the league (1-0) to all but guarentee the Turkish league.......two games left and 3pts clear with a goal difference +7 better than Gala! Happy Days!!

My West Ham side versus those rich bastards Man City in the Euro Cup Final. 1-1 at halftime, game is a stalemate...both teams take turns attacking and defending. Out of nowhere, my world-class (regen) midfielder scores with a 30 yard screamer in minute 85 and guarantees me the win. Oh, how fun it was crushing their silly overpaid team with a late goal like that.

Oh, and getting drawn against Chelsea for the 2nd time in a row in the FA cup and then beating them 3-0 at Stamford Bridge. Then their morale seemed to plummet and they finished that season mid-table. Happy times.

Most memorable victory for me must be fm2008's last champions league final i played as Inter's manager.

Arsenal-Inter was the final....was down 3-0 at half time....equalised the game at the 71th minute and won on penalties....and thinking that 2 seasons before i lost another final against juventus 2-1,u can imagine what i was doing when we scored the equaliser...and what my face looked like when arsenal scored the third goal in 40 minutes.

Archived