Oh dear what a career!

I dont like to say this too loud but I have been a complete failure on my current save game on 08,

Out of the 7 clubs ive managed Ive relegated 3 of them i cant resist a good relegation dogfight and if I suceed it feels good but with this years version ive taken on more tough challenges i can handle!

I know we get the threads with the " ive won this" and " ive won that" but hey i thought id start by askin how many of you out there admit to doin poo on this years FM? come on join in and make me feel better as a FM so i know im not the only one lol

My only ever successes were the win of the UEFA cup with Ajax and qualifying (and winning all 3 qualifying rounds) with TNS from Wales for the Champions League (in group with Real Madrid, Arsenal & Fenerbahce so that was over pretty quick :D) but besides that I've always got sacked after 2-3 years :D

Getting Crewe relegated is a better achievement than winning anything. Watching there pathetic players moral drop as they fall out of football league history is all I want from life.

Im a Southampton fan so have no biased here.

That was extremely funny +1 rep :D

I'd like to think i was a pretty good manager!!

(won World Cup with Honduras, won UEFA Cup with Austrian Wein, took Fisher Athletic to League 1 in 6 years, Dutch champions with Ado Den Haag in 4 years!)

but one time, managing Benfica, i finished 10th... with Benfica!! Now thats an achivement!!! - (there a full season! my only season!)

Also getting relegated with Santos is up there!

Getting Crewe relegated is a better achievement than winning anything. Watching there pathetic players moral drop as they fall out of football league history is all I want from life.

if we keep holland in charge for much longer then this will happen in real life.

where do i start lol ive been le mans in france,coventry, cambridge utd,leeds stoke,crewe and now hoffenheim in german 2nd div,

relegated with le mans,coventry and crew but won conf south with cambs utd!

which club are you in charge of now?

I dont like to say this too loud but I have been a complete failure on my current save game on 08,

Out of the 7 clubs ive managed Ive relegated 3 of them i cant resist a good relegation dogfight and if I suceed it feels good but with this years version ive taken on more tough challenges i can handle!

I know we get the threads with the " ive won this" and " ive won that" but hey i thought id start by askin how many of you out there admit to doin poo on this years FM? come on join in and make me feel better as a FM so i know im not the only one lol

Started unemployed and got offered a German club in one of the regional divisions but relegated first season. Then offered a job in bottom league of Spain - relegated first season in charge. Then back to Germany - relegated first season in charge. Then got offered a newly promoted into the league team in Germany with all greys but a good wage budget for freebies. Got promotion first season. Then I gave it all up to manage Real Madrid where I had decent success.:)

Playing as York City were favorite to win the BSP in my second season in charge, lost in the play off final at the end off my first season. Next one started three months in sitting bottom off the table and found myself shown the door oh how things changed so quickly -.-;

also got relegated playing as Norwich City after having a good first season in the Championship. i seem to suffer form season season syndrome whenever i play -.-;

Been sacked as Manager of Torquay, then Plymouth, then Bradford, then Colchester, then applied for, and got the job at Tottenham.

Did okay too for three seasons, but how bizarre to end up with a job like that, after making a mess of four lower league jobs.....

Started unemployed and got offered a German club in one of the regional divisions but relegated first season. Then offered a job in bottom league of Spain - relegated first season in charge. Then back to Germany - relegated first season in charge. Then got offered a newly promoted into the league team in Germany with all greys but a good wage budget for freebies. Got promotion first season. Then I gave it all up to manage Real Madrid where I had decent success.:)

Hang on, are you telling me that you actually got the Real Madrid job after a career like that? Some people get all the luck!

if we keep holland in charge for much longer then this will happen in real life.

Yeh, I support Tranmere but live in Crewe about 3 minutes from the stadium. When you came to Prenton Park it was laughable. That centre half you have (who I think has now scored 3 in 2) was absolutely dire. Donaldson? he doesn't deserve the air he gets to breath :D

Lower League Management

OT: I did well at first, but started a few more games and didn't do too well.

Thanks :) I am playing for York year by year and also for Aston Villa as second manager. Just only for to act on opposite ends - Premier League and Conference.

+1

Quoted for truth

I have not any problems with LLM, in York it is possible to progress systematically, without cheating and without failure. I like complex style of play, lot of leagues on full detail, complete world simulation etc. It is slower but worth - enjoyment is great.

Only one failure in LLM and that was with Bournemouth. Got a job a month or two into the season and couldn't get them into the top half yet but the Nottingham Forest job opened up so applied and I was forced to resign as manager of Bournemouth. Got the Forest job though and got them promoted to the Championship.

Yeh, I support Tranmere but live in Crewe about 3 minutes from the stadium. When you came to Prenton Park it was laughable. That centre half you have (who I think has now scored 3 in 2) was absolutely dire. Donaldson? he doesn't deserve the air he gets to breath :D

Anthony Elding isn't much better

Actually, he's a decent footballer but if he had a better attitude he'd still be at the top end of League 1 with County (instead of Crewe Reserves).

To everyone involved with Crewe, thanks very much for Owain Fon Williams. Excellent keeper.

Started in L2 with Aldershot, got promoted through the play-offs, spent a few season's in L1 before being runners-up, established Aldershot as a mid-table Championship side then moved to Borussia Moenchengladbach in Div 2 Germany, kept them up, then finished mid table, followed by runners-up, kept Gladbach in Div 1 finishing mid-table and got offered Lazio, 2 seasons in Italy and finished 6th both times in Serie A. At all three teams they were in the red with no transfer funds when I started and over wage budget and managed to turn all three around.

Losing in the play-offs is one of the most gut retching feelings. You play the whole season in anticipation of a promotion to a better league and when you fail, you just get sick of the same old same old. With Brighton, i spent 5 seasons in the Championship, with years 3 and 4 losing in the playoff finals. When i just scraped automatic promotion on the last day in season 5 of the championship i was more than relieved. P.S i dont do relagation fights. I never have and hopefully never will lol

Anthony Elding isn't much better

Actually, he's a decent footballer but if he had a better attitude he'd still be at the top end of League 1 with County (instead of Crewe Reserves).

To everyone involved with Crewe, thanks very much for Owain Fon Williams. Excellent keeper.

I actually thought Elding looked okay. He was making runs yet nobody had the ability to find him.

The best of a bad bunch comes to mind though :D

My main failure was in the "Get them some silverware" challenge as Newcastle. In a move that spectacularly backfired, I used a highly experimental tactic (which in my defence had worked fine with Barca in a different save) and was out on my ear before Christmas. My worst performance in over 10 years of CM/FM playing!

weeeelllll where to start in first seson with stoke got sacked after failing to win in 12 games cost me a play off position then managed bromly and got sacked after being oferd a job as staford rangers manager then got them promoted only good thing about my game then got sacked after not winning a game all seson in leauge 1 then i got fed up so went into a coma for 3 months waiting for fm09 and heres hoping all those that win extraordinary amounts of slverware have a **** seson and all us wanna bees win europe with afc wimboldon after 7 seasons :D:D:D

yh now lets check back into reality :(

I actually thought Elding looked okay. He was making runs yet nobody had the ability to find him.

The best of a bad bunch comes to mind though :D

Anthony Elding is a n*b .. when we (walsall) visited this season, Elding showed no respect at all, to use as visiting fans and didnt show repect to fellow players either, he got what he deserved .. and he used to play for Leeds

"anthony elding's mom takes it up the arse"

Apart from that Crewe are a good team, and they seem they are in a similar situation to us. We are slowly approaching league 2 again, and with the recent "departure" of demontagnac, he got arrested and therefore "sacked" just proves we are in trouble

once finished 7th with arsenal... i know it sounds shocking considering how good a side they have, but as much as i appriciate the talent in the youth and the class of their football, i hate alot of their players irl, eboue especially..almunia, adebayor, hleb gallas gilberto silva bendtner...dont know why but these players get under my skin... so my real life feelings took over and i sold the lot for crap money, and done a wenger and brought youth that just wasent ready..

ultimatley led to the board thinking i wasent ready..bye bye i got the sack...

my friend a yido (who i was playing 2 player with at the time) was so happy that when i took over at bristol city he offered me james vaughen for free..(i rejected as its cheating)

Hang on, are you telling me that you actually got the Real Madrid job after a career like that? Some people get all the luck!

Oh no, I should have said that I started a new game! I knew that I was doomed to the lowest divisions in Europe otherwise! :D

Archived