FM 2012 those little new features.

This is a thread for the little details that were not announced but improve the game. Something that other players might not have yet discovered. No matter how small, share your favourite understated addition. To start us off the "thing" that made me happy was when searching for a player by attribute, the different attributes are now arranged by alphabetical order, rather than an apparent random structure, minuscule but makes a difference.

Not sure if it was mentioned in a pre-release blog, but I love the inclusion of the scorers beneath the results.

Yes and bigger club badge etc, it be better if the time of the goal was at side of players name though, nit picking i know :)

theres a few cool new little features like when your playing in spain etc and you buy a player in news item it will say amount in uk sterling and euro's in brackets

I know it was announced and all but the whole new team talk layout where you can select what tactic you want to play well the *sideline* talk, before the match I think is awesome

I love the new team meeting feature. Does anyone know how to choose which player to let talk? I know how to ask the captain to speak, but it looks like it's not possible to specifically choose a different player from the list of players who want to talk. Any ideas?

I love the new shortcut to Reserve/U20 teams in the top!

Also the quick tactics-change left in the pre-match window. Only lacks more team-instructions on that windows and I'd be one ultra-happy camper

German clubs now convert their safe-standing areas to seating for UEFA matches. :applause:

Edit: Close but not quite, attendance figures are right but the stadia still appear to have terracing in use, being able to get the correct gate income is all that matters.

When you get an offer for a player, if the offer is based on instalments, it tells you in the news item.

EG: "Blackburn make Jones bid.

Blackburn have made an offer of £500,000 for Brad Jones.

The offer includes £500K spread over 48 months".

Feels boss not having to click "View Offer" to see if a club is trying to be a cheapskate.

I haven't tried it yet - what is it?

When searching for players I tend to just scout 200 players with my custom search. With older versions i had to hand-pick a scout to scout multiple players. Now i just select 200 players -> Scouting -> Get scout report -> Scouting pool. Scouts randomly scout the players, so it just saves a lot of time...

how do u select 200 players ? rather then go through them one by one and scouting them?

Press and hold shift, click on the tick on the first player, scroll down and click on the last player , should select all.

I like the little (i) beside players names that display their attributes without having to go into the players profile. Also being able to highlight key attributes on a players screen is good.

What i've been asking for the last couple of versions finally made the final version: Player search for "natural" positions! :D

Is it something we can set up ? Because I want to see AM C (AML) in my AML search (in my shortlist) and it doesn't look to show non natural position at all now...

Something that bugged me in FM2011 is that the automatic bid rejection/acceptance function didn't make a distinction between full amount upfront offers and payment in monthly installments. So that i can accept full amount offers and reject installment offers.

So is it in now ?

Press and hold shift, click on the tick on the first player, scroll down and click on the last player , should select all.

Indeed. But then it makes the 200 scout poll useless or i am missing something ?

Not sure if it was mentioned in a pre-release blog, but I love the inclusion of the scorers beneath the results.

I agree with this but I wish it showed the minutes as well. I'm just being pedantic.

The ability to host trial matches for your team to scout out potential signings who want to play for you, brilliant addition. It's under board requests if anyone wants to give it a shot(speaking of requests, actualy talking to the chairman rather than mister x is a nice touch as well)

Is it something we can set up ? Because I want to see AM C (AML) in my AML search (in my shortlist) and it doesn't look to show non natural position at all now...

The new option is "position - partially". So "position - is" is only searching for natural positions.

I like when you go to the coach reports and gives you a list of playes who play in that position, and there current ability. It saves you go into to each coach report, and looking for your best players who play in that position,

Loving the back tab on left hand side of screen. ;) Also last match tab now is back, could of been better on a few more screens that tab but ok on team report. Used to have to go to fixtures and then click on match to do it. Could of done with a graph to show how good players are in certain roles. Eg Deep lying forward or Target man etc. On the old FM 10 which I still play and prefer more than FM 11 I add the abilities up so I know what to set the player. I also like the new PI. On FM 2011 the Player interaction ruined it so much I could not play the game. Shame it still has the PI getting annoyed if you put them in reserve team for 1 second. If you dont push next is should not count that as setting them to Reserves. I like to put players up and down to see how the AM picks the team with certain players moved out. Also I like to pick the squad for my Reserve team so the AM can only pick certain players, so I put alot of players in my 1st team and rather move them all down

I have pre selections sorted for the 1st team. And to re put everyone back in the reserves I send the whole 1st team squad down and then click 1st team selection to re put my 1st team back ion the 1st team squad. With players getting annoyed on fm11 I couldnt do it and its still like that on fm12 but they dont get as annoyed as u can tell them its a mistake. I think their morale goes down though ;(

Love the "view key attributes" option when you look at a player's stats. Makes it a lot easier to find players who will suit your style of play.

Would be so much better with a star graph to show you how he rates in that role. As adding the abilities up etc is a bit annoying. I think it shows you what there best in on the assistant reports tab but it dont tell you how good in that role or whats there 2nd best role etc.

I like the little (i) beside players names that display their attributes without having to go into the players profile. Also being able to highlight key attributes on a players screen is good.

lol, you dont have to click on the last player. Ctrl and A on a highlighted player selects all in that list. Shift dont do anything for me?

The ability to host trial matches for your team to scout out potential signings who want to play for you, brilliant addition. It's under board requests if anyone wants to give it a shot(speaking of requests, actualy talking to the chairman rather than mister x is a nice touch as well)

Excellent addition. This is a key thing for lower league teams who don't have much cash.

Even on Fm10 didnt you have this feature? I used to be able to scout as many players as were in my searches as possible. Or am I missing a new feature??

I love the new categories you can add in 'custom view' (for example, player preferred role and duty as defined by assistant manager). Also, the fact the whole interface seems more informative, and laid out better. No more diving from menu to menu to find key info.

I just noticed that when you send a scout to a region, messages come back asking you to add highly recommended players to your shortlist. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is a change. In FM2011 I started sending scouts to individual nations, because then they would send that message back, but I never got it when the scout was roaming through a region, which always bugged me. And now it works. Just a small thing, but really nice.

Well Im Barnet and the board refused a trial day?? Saying they dont think we would beneft from it??

That's down to the Barnet chairman then. Clearly he feels you don't need one. It will be an issue if it happened at lots of clubs though.

Archived