My super simple idea for FM2012 - Result Only button

I like the depth of football manager and I like watching 3d match view from time to time but I have quite a hectic life and dont get much time to play, I often find myself setting the team up starting the match and then going on holiday for 1 day.

I would love a result only button so that users had the option to play the game a bit quicker rather than holidaying, I have read on other forums and in the off topic forum FM thread that other users would like the same thing.

I cant imagine it would take much to code and the great thing is if you dont want to use the option you can just carry on and never use it, so its great for people like me how dont ahve time to watcgh all the 3d highlights but it doesnt affect the purists who would not want to play this way?

Thoughts

I remember they had this feature in Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99 - But I cant see it being implemented as what your suggesting appears to be the same as going on holiday for a day and ticking the 'use current tactics' button. Its effectively the same thing that may (or may not) take a bit longer...

I remember they had this feature in Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99 - But I cant see it being implemented as what your suggesting appears to be the same as going on holiday for a day and ticking the 'use current tactics' button. Its effectively the same thing that may (or may not) take a bit longer...

Its not the same thing. Holidaying means you lose control of the game for 24 hours.

im all for it some times is frustrating playing meaning less league games (e.g. if the title is won with X games to spare) and if people dont wann use it dont press the button and im sure there would be a skin released with the button take out aswell.

I'm all for it too...

As long as we can have a couple of additional instructions for the match... like

"switch to Match Preparation Tactic 1/2/3 depending on result"

"substitute players with poor rating after the 60th minute"

"substitute players with low condition"

"substitute player X with player Y at the Nth minute"

I holiday a lot, because sometimes I'm more interested in seeing how my players progress, and advancing the team, and I can do this well enough by letting my assistant handle most of the match-day stuff. I do still play a lot of games, especially in my EPL save with Truro, but on Knockbreda northern ireland save if i want to get anywhere I have to holiday so I can progress quicker, and try and raise the league rep.

I enjoy both ways, for different moods, hence I have both saves, but I dont like holidaying because I miss out on bids and I dont have the option of press conferences which can mean player relations suffer a bit. I dont like press conferences, but I like what they can do to make players like you. So for me, a "auto-calculate result" button would be very useful for me and help complement one of the ways I like to play.

Perhaps it just needs a holiday "just this match" button, in addition to the other holiday settings.

Personally I wouldn't ever use a instant result button, because you would lose the option to make changes during a match. I appreciate that some people don't have much time, but watching the game and making changes as the game is flowing is a massive part of being a football manager, and probably the most exciting part, so I would never give that up. Instead to save time in the game I allow my assistant to attend press conferences on my behalf and set oppostion instructions.

I remember they had this feature in Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99

I'm glad someone said this, I was trying to think for ages what game it was this feature reminded me of. That was great fun, 20 seasons in like a day!

I like the depth of football manager and I like watching 3d match view from time to time but I have quite a hectic life and dont get much time to play, I often find myself setting the team up starting the match and then going on holiday for 1 day.

I would love a result only button so that users had the option to play the game a bit quicker rather than holidaying, I have read on other forums and in the off topic forum FM thread that other users would like the same thing.

I cant imagine it would take much to code and the great thing is if you dont want to use the option you can just carry on and never use it, so its great for people like me how dont ahve time to watcgh all the 3d highlights but it doesnt affect the purists who would not want to play this way?

Thoughts

Why dont you choose "commentary only" from the menu instead. That way, you dont watch the games in 2D or 3D, just like the old times. The last two years i have used commentary only and everything else is handled by my assitance, i.e opposition instructions, match preparation, motivational talk etc. and i enjoy the game as much as i did back in cm99/00. Seasons go fast and you still feel that you can intervene the match in commentary only mode...

Why dont you choose "commentary only" from the menu instead. That way, you dont watch the games in 2D or 3D, just like the old times. The last two years i have used commentary only and everything else is handled by my assitance, i.e opposition instructions, match preparation, motivational talk etc. and i enjoy the game as much as i did back in cm99/00. Seasons go fast and you still feel that you can intervene the match in commentary only mode...

Not quick enough, apparently.

To make matches even quicker while still maintaining control of tactics and subs, could you not have an option to fly through minutes without any commentary, ie information on just goals, match stats and yellow/red cards? This would make matches even quicker while maintaing a certain degree of control.

I'm not sure why this idea get's such a great response. There is barely anything that you can do when holidaying for that 24hr that would effect anything in any case. Just holiday, no need to bother implementing this feature.

Holidaying is clumsy, plus you can't holiday through a match - only a single day - and other things can happen during this single day.

I'm not sure why this idea get's such a great response. There is barely anything that you can do when holidaying for that 24hr that would effect anything in any case. Just holiday, no need to bother implementing this feature.

It's just the simplicity of it. Instead of finding holiday, setting it all for just the one day and so on... It's Easier and Simpler to just click a 'Result Only' button.

I think it would be a good little addition, don't know when i'd use it to be honest as i like being in control. But if a lot love it, then why not.

Holidaying is clumsy, plus you can't holiday through a match - only a single day - and other things can happen during this single day.

Exactly this. Anything news items that come back requiring your attention will be handled by your assistant (never a good idea).

Archived