commentary lines you would like to see in FM

I think FM need to add more commentary lines variation to spice up the game. After L'pool vs Man United game, personally i would like to see comments like:

"XYX goes down after a takle from XXY.

XYX stands up and complains to the referee and starts tearing!

The ref calls him to back off and now he's rolling on the ground crying.

Looks like AAA team just got a new born baby!"

"Oh, the fans is now singing happy birthday for their manager."

What do you guys think? :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A classic from Fifa 2001 or somewhere along those lines is "and that ball would be nestling in the net of a much larger goal" after a miss.

What they really need to do is get some co-commenator rubbish analysis in. Just listen to Jim Beglin, you'll know what I mean.

"Blood is running down XYX's leg after the tackle"

"That yellow should've been red".

http://www.epltalk.com/nanis-horrific-injury-from-jamie-carraghers-tackle-photos-29893

Warning: The pictures in the above link may not be for everyone.

maybe people would of taken him more seriously at the time if he didnt have a reputation for falling over his own shadow and pretending he got shot.

i would like to see a few for when theres been no highlights for a while

"man this is boring"

"i'm seriously considering going to the bar"

"why couldn't i have been a call of duty bot?"

" *yawn* "

We always used to take the p*ss out of Scottish commentator Archie Macpherson, and his trademark "there it is now, in it goes!", as well as "he's going to let fly", both of which seemed to come up several times a game.

We weren't sure if he was commenting on the match or whatever he gets up to with the missus.

Like already said; the first comment that came to my mind is "Take a bow son".

There really needs to be extra lines of commentary. I think it's too basic at the moment. Even though I tend to run my own commentary through my mind.

Like already said; the first comment that came to my mind is "Take a bow son".

There really needs to be extra lines of commentary. I think it's too basic at the moment. Even though I tend to run my own commentary through my mind.

There's a commentary pack flying about somewhere with the "Take a bow son" line in it aswell as a lot more.

Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/246976-%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2-FM-2011-Commentary-Pack-V2-%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2%E2%80%A2?highlight=commentary+pack

I would like it if the commentaters were able to keep you up to date in games that you needed to know the result in. For example if you were on the same points as a team going into the last game and the commentators could keep you up to date in it, or maybe even watch both games on a split screen.

"Oh, the fans is now singing happy birthday for their manager."

What do you guys think? :)

that you're a scouser? Or that you watched the Liverpool game yesterday.

I think it would be very rare that any manager would command the sort of 'legend' status that Kenny Dalglish has at Liverpool.

after several misses by a striker

"Heskey would be proud..."

"My Granny could have scored that"

"He tried to pick his girlfriend out of the crowd with a pass"

"When's he gonna be taken off"

"He misses a simple tap-in... can't say I'm surprised with the day he's having"

great goals

"TOP CORNER"

"Drilled home from ^number of yards^"

"The crowd have certainly been given a treat today"

"Sign him up!"

"He's defied the laws of physics with that goal!"

All I can think of ATM

As a homage to the great International Superstar Soccer 64:

"He's gotten away with a blatant foul!"

"A valiant attempt, but thwarted"

"AND THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!"

"And the battle for control RAGES on"

"He's through, 1 on 1 with the keeper! What on earth is he doing? He's heading for the corner flag"

"He's through, 1 on 1 with the keeper! Oh what a suprise, he's passed it straight into the keepers arms again"

"Good job the goals are made of strong stuff, that's the umpteenth time they've hit woodwork this game"

"I think [Team X] will be looking for a new striking coach tomorrow. 95 shots on goal and nothing to show for it"

"Until today I thought Superman was Clark Kent. How wrong I was, it's actually [insert opposition goalkeeper's name]"

Would love to see competition specific lines. Eg, "With that goal, XXX player has scored the highest number of goals in the XXX cup"

"Thats his 5th red card of the competition, someone seriously needs to calm him down."

"THAT is a goal of the season contender"

"One of the best players in this world cup" etc..

"(PLAYER NAME) shows everyone just how happy he is at scoring on his debut....that will take some dry cleaning to come clean, i don't envy the kit-mans job"

"IN YOUR FACE MR GRAY!!...that physio is showing where a womens job in football belongs, the fans look delighted with her impact on (PLAYER NAME)"

"he's gone down like he's been shot!...And the Grammy goes to....."

"great piece of officiating their"

"HAHA he's fell over his own feet, even his manager saw the funny side of that"

"oooooooooo that was so close i almost "arrived"

"And here is the record summer signing, the new strong sexy midfielder to help with the sexy football approach"

"How did he miss such an important chance, i can just see his manager smashing his mouse around screaming at the screen"

Although I haven't tried it myself I am pretty sure you can edit the commentary file in the game so it should be possible to add some of your own.

i think its gamedir\data\events\events.cfg

They should add voice commentary & lots of it

Scottish commentators if you manage in Scotland, English commentators if you manage in England etc

Also, it should play the Champions League theme when the Champins League starts

"A free kick here about 30 yards, will he play it in to the area or will he smash it?"

"IT WAS A FANTASTIC FREE KICK FROM FRANK, IT FELL PERFECT FOR FERNANDO AND LAMPARD WAS SAYING GO ON FERNANDO, HEAD IT HOME SON AND.DIDN'T.HE.JUST."

They should add voice commentary & lots of it

Scottish commentators if you manage in Scotland, English commentators if you manage in England etc

Also, it should play the Champions League theme when the Champins League starts

would love voice commentary if it was somehow implemented well, but it always sounds rubbish, it will always become repetitive if you play 50 games in a season.

• 5 months later...

Archived