Do you will buy FM09 ?

I have ben long time fan of CM/FM series from Si for very long time, but after disasterous FM08 with bugs and with appochach of SI team to customers with " this is is not bug, but feature" which most customers (players) see as bug...interesing situation. Combined with to early relase of 8.02 (on 14th and most players hoping/expecting for 25th) with known issues (which is very easy to fix) - I have lost faith in quality of SI programers.

If I will buy FM09 it will be earliest at cca 3 mohnts (and first patch) after first relase to see how many bugs is in game and if lung term ruining bugs are present.

And I wonder how is posible to have bugs in 8.00 - later - which didnt exist in FM07 (or earlier).

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have ben long time fan of CM/FM series from Si for very long time, but after disasterous FM08 with bugs and with appochach of SI team to customers with " this is is not bug, but feature" which most customers (players) see as bug...interesing situation. Combined with to early relase of 8.02 (on 14th and most players hoping/expecting for 25th) with known issues (which is very easy to fix) - I have lost faith in quality of SI programers.

If I will buy FM09 it will be earliest at cca 3 mohnts (and first patch) after first relase to see how many bugs is in game and if lung term ruining bugs are present.

And I wonder how is posible to have bugs in 8.00 - later - which didnt exist in FM07 (or earlier).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

And I wonder how is posible to have bugs in 8.00 - later - which didnt exist in FM07 (or earlier). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it English isn't your first language?

You'll still buy FM09. At the end of the day, where is there a better management game out there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

And I wonder how is posible to have bugs in 8.00 - later - which didnt exist in FM07 (or earlier). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it English isn't your first language?

You'll still buy FM09. At the end of the day, where is there a better management game out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree! FM09 all the way, and I strongly believe that the so-called bugs in the game are more down to gamers inability to learn how to play it properly.

Agreed, always will be the best, also agreed many of the 'bugs' are not actually there imo.

Also to the OP, when new features are brought into a new version of a game, and existing features have changed dramatically, then there will subsequently be new 'bugs' and or teething problems.

No, englisch is not my firs language, but I start learning it.

Wiliam : Here is 2 others comercial managing games - championship M and FifaM.

CM have better match analysis tools which hepls you find weak points in your team, and better training system - but far worse user interface. I decidet to play FM because of better user interface.

FifaM - it far bveter in non-manager stuff (not nececary for manager, you can simply igniore them), have much better graphic and is very easy to find table/statistic which you want. And talking with players is better implemented too.

SI can take many good ideas for FifaM, hoping SI implement them better.

I dont have latest FIfaM, but I considering buying it.

Jase : Yes, here is many long-term bugs (in 8.02) like bad board confidence (long terms goal), poor new youths for countryies (unles you play for england teams) bugged national team managment, lowering of team reputation even if you very succesfull manager (and not reseting to max. allowed by leaague quality as intended)..etc.

I'm not too sure. Most likely I'll be like this year. Hate the demo, decide to not buy it. See it on the shelf and buy it anyway cause I can't not support SI and I can't risk missing out on the fun stuff.

But yeah... I bought 08 and switched back to 07... The new patch is an improvement, but I still prefer 07. I find I can acctually do something to change the game when losing in that game. I have yet to be able to do that in this game. If barca has eto'o in top form it seems no matter what I do mark him, bring in an extra defender, have someone bloody well tackle him, He always creeps away...

CM have better match analysis tools which hepls you find weak points in your team, and better training system - but far worse user interface. I decidet to play FM because of better user interface.

FifaM - it far bveter in non-manager stuff (not nececary for manager, you can simply igniore them), have much better graphic and is very easy to find table/statistic which you want. And talking with players is better implemented too.

Jase : Yes, here is many long-term bugs (in 8.02) like bad board confidence (long terms goal), poor new youths for countryies (unles you play for england teams) bugged national team managment, lowering of team reputation even if you very succesfull manager (and not reseting to max. allowed by leaague quality as intended)..etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FifaM is flawed, tactically it doesn't work. And the training system is bugged so much that your stats acctually decrease by training properly. (not counting Energy and morale)

Maviarab - which existing features changed drasticaly for FM08 compared to FM07 or earlier ?

Adding new (cosmetic) features very rarery break current code.

Of coure if new feature is complex it it normal if it have "children diseases" and need time to mature (1-2 games).

Im bughunter for 2 games (1 comercial, second open-source) - and IMO my expirences got my enough view into game developing to consider if bugs in game are here due to improper testing by testers or "childrisch diesases".

And IMO cca 1/3 of bugs in FM08 are here simply due to improper testing by SI. Of course, this is only my view.

kvadruple

Kudos to your programing knowledge in that area, bit in simple laymans terms was trying to point out that there are differences between the 2 games and hence when changes are made, new problems do tend to creep out of the woodwork. I'm sure even you can relate to that and agree with me there icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mavericktangothe disenfranchised:

I've bought every one since CM2 so don't see why I should stop now. Wish I could still buy Thierry Henry as a youngster though !!!

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha! I'm missing my old parma team with Buffon, Thuram and Cannavaro icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon69:

For the first time ever probably not immediately, I'll wait till it's all patched up and probably cheaper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree with you mate, but its a different story when it actually comes out. it depends on how good the demo goes, i normally cant wait for it to come out

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oggie26:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon69:

For the first time ever probably not immediately, I'll wait till it's all patched up and probably cheaper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree with you mate, but its a different story when it actually comes out. it depends on how good the demo goes, i normally cant wait for it to come out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to agree, but by that time I'll be so sick of 08, that I'll be desperate for a new(hopefully better) version. I tried going back to 07, but just couldn't get back into it knowing there was an updated version in the drawer. Roll on October I suppose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oggie26:

agree with you mate, but its a different story when it actually comes out. it depends on how good the demo goes, i normally cant wait for it to come out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to agree, but by that time I'll be so sick of 08, that I'll be desperate for a new(hopefully better) version. I tried going back to 07, but just couldn't get back into it knowing there was an updated version in the drawer. Roll on October I suppose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">most players hoping/expecting for 25th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why were most players hoping\expecting this date? What is so special about the 25th? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but name me a game that doesnt have bugs cos ive certainly not seen one... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true indeed, in fact, thinking about it, as I assume the majority of FM gamers use windows as apposed to Mac, the very machine they play it on is buggy as hell, so why moan about the game lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

What is so special about the 25th? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 1964, Muhammad Ali won the world heavyweight title with a seventh round knock-out of reigning champion Sonny Liston in Miami.

icon_wink.gif

Of course i will buy the game. 99.9% of people on these forums will buy FM09 at some point, however, i do understand how 08 will put people off buying the next game.

It doesn't feel like SI want to progress too far after each version of the game because then there would be nothing new in future versions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

I'll buy it afther 8.0.2. I've learned my lesson now. In that way i can buy it probably cheaper and fully working, so it doesn't have to lay around for 5 months untill i can play it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nail. Head. On. The.

Jase : Yes, here is many long-term bugs (in 8.02) like bad board confidence (long terms goal), poor new youths for countryies (unles you play for england teams) bugged national team managment, lowering of team reputation even if you very succesfull manager (and not reseting to max. allowed by leaague quality as intended)..etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM may have better analysing tools but the match engine is so basic that you dont need the analysing tools at all to have any kind of success

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

I'll buy it afther 8.0.2. I've learned my lesson now. In that way i can buy it probably cheaper and fully working, so it doesn't have to lay around for 5 months untill i can play it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nail. Head. On. The. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i take it english isn't YOUR first language either icon_wink.gif

I doubt I'll be buying FM09, but that's not because of any issues I have with SI or 08, I just don't anticipate needing to get a new football management based game in the next year and a half.

My mate got me FM08 for my birthday, but I haven't got around to installing it yet, because I'm doing 'just one more season' on my FM05 save-game.

There are one or two of these threads every year that I have been on this board (since 05).

Makes me chuckle.

The fact that we are all sad enough to spend time on the forum of a game tells me that most of us will by the best management game out there once again. Then we will all moan about the changes and any bugs, but we will keep playing because it is bloody good fun, even when your shouting at the little circles for letting in a late equaliser to take it to extra time in the quarter finals of the FA cup.

Personally, I'm putting FM on hold beginning with 2009.

The main reason is because I have been sensing something from SI, and it's definitely affecting their games. I'd say both EHM 2007 and FM 2008 were released at far below the potential shown in the previous versions.

Whatever it is that made them change, I don't know, but it's lead me to holding off on any new games for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schuey100:

This year I'll do the sensible thing, wait to see what reactions are like and then make a decision. I've never done that before, I've always popped straight down the shop to get it but not this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. My patience with faults isn't what it used to be and I also hate being patronised by some of the SI people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

I'll download both the FM and CM demo, decide which is better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe...

who's giving odds on THAT ONE? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TopToffee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

I'll download both the FM and CM demo, decide which is better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe...

who's giving odds on THAT ONE? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif I know, it's just better to be 100% sure.

I tried to use the demo as a guide to buy FM08.

But due to the closing down bug the demo was worthless. You had to actually buy the game to try it.

Why not issue a upto date demo once each patch is realeased? Atleast then people can try the product as they would be using it.

Since the 8.0.1 patch, the game has been very enjoyable, so much so that I was hesitant to download the 8.0.2...I eventually did and am stil very pleased.

I guess my plan for FM09 is to wait and see everyone's reactions to the game on here before I decide to buy it right away or wait until the "9.0.1".

For me, FM08 with the patches is so good that I won't see myself being too tempted to rush out a buy the new game unless I know it's quality right from the start.

Archived