ultimatum = sack me

Well, i was reading through the thread below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=201794

and i had saw some reply saying that club dont have enough cash, club will go bankrupt , and need a lot of money to build a new stadium. IMO those reply are stupid....

reasons is, i had test it myself

At the end of 1 season, i ask for staidum expansion, and the board reject it. Hence since i know ultimatum = sack me/i want to resign button, i save the game, and click ultimatum

and obviously i got sacked, so i reload the game, and this time i decided not to click the ultimatum button

i then proceed to click continue, and the next news i get is , the board STARTED A STADIUM EXPANSION!!!

LOL WHAT?????????????????????????????????????

i had lead a small club to the EPL and i get sacked after ultimatum...what a stupid button

so i create this thread to ask, anyone succeded in ultimatum? i am not asking those who click ultimatum and not get sacked (as the board decided to give you another chance) but am asking who succeded in getting what he/she wants by clicking ultimatum!

No. Basically the ultimatum button should be renamed 'sack me'.

I, as an experiment, tried this with my Liverpool save, i'd won 10 league titles, 6 champ leagues ect ect and had £300m in the bank. I gave an ultimatum after asking for more cash and was sacked. Of course i'd saved before trying this!

ive had ultimatums work before, usually being told that because of the stature i have grown the club they had accepted my request, or ive had a ultimatum rejected but not been sacked as the board have said they are willing to overlook my indescression.

Risk is when you HAVE a chance to win something,there is no risk in the ultimatum button.

No you get risk wrong, it's all about having something put up that you don't want to lose. Therefore pressing the sack me button is in fact too big a risk, especially if you're in the middle of something good.

What you're talking about is chance.

Risk is when you HAVE a chance to win something,there is no risk in the ultimatum button.
I'm fairly sure people have had successful ultimata before, there can be some gain in doing it.

thats the reason why i create this thread, am waiting to see who had success in that!

i have had it work a few times but it has always been when i am doing really well at the club i am at and the club can actually afford what i am asking for. I have asked for training facilities to be improved but i have always checked that i have the money for the improvements.

I have never asked for a new stadium or improvements to the current stadium though.

i have had it work a few times but it has always been when i am doing really well at the club i am at and the club can actually afford what i am asking for. I have asked for training facilities to be improved but i have always checked that i have the money for the improvements.

I have never asked for a new stadium or improvements to the current stadium though.

wait, when you mentioned it works few times, is when you ask for something the board agree with what you say and make it, OR when you click the ultimatum button then only they agree with it?

its 2 big different case

i do got loads of time when i ask for something when the board agrees with me and approve it, but never once i dint get sack when i ultimatum

when i ask for things the first time the board say no. then when i press the unlimatum button they come back and say yes but like i said in the previous post it is only if i am doing really well at the club and the club have enough money to do what i am asking to be done.

Hope i have made a bit more sense :)

when i ask for things the first time the board say no. then when i press the unlimatum button they come back and say yes but like i said in the previous post it is only if i am doing really well at the club and the club have enough money to do what i am asking to be done.

Like i said 10 league titles, 6 CL titles and £300m in the bank and Liverpool still didn't bow to my ultimatum so you must have had a lot of success!

i see...thats great

at least ultimatum doesnt really = sack me now :)

Like i said 10 league titles and 6 CL titles and Liverpool still didn't bow to my ultimatum so you must have had a lot of success!

actually i did bring vauxhall to win the CL 3 times and countless of EPL, and the team finance is great, but i still get sacked when i click it :p

Like i said 10 league titles, 6 CL titles and £300m in the bank and Liverpool still didn't bow to my ultimatum so you must have had a lot of success!

my ultimatums were at clubs a lot lower down than Liverpool. Highest rep club were pressing the ultimatum button worked was Aston Villa. I was a consistent in the Champions League and i had won 2 league titles in 5 years as well as a couple of cups. I asked the board for more money for a player and they said no. then i pressed ultimatum and they gave me an extra £8 million to my transfer budget which was more than enough.

most of the time i am asking the board to improve training or youth facilities. I am by no means saying that this works all the time as it doesnt.

This, the button should be removed for safety reasons. :D

maybe someone shud create a mod, when you click the button, it will prompt you to save the game 1st LOL

It's been suggested before that instead of an ultimatum button you get a list of demands from the board that you have to fulfil, like win so many league titles in the next 5 seasons, perhaps 2. Or win the champions league or FA Cup etc.

Even if the board said they couldn't fund the building of a new stadium until the finances reached x amount.

These are proper good ideas instead of a "sack me" button.

It would be great that if the Board came back and said that it's still impossible and are considering terminating you as manager. At which point if you're popular with fans the fans would rally against the board and stuff to ensure you stay and that demands are met half way or something.

It worked for me once in FM06 or FM07, though it was after many years of success. The new stadium couldn't be expanded though, I don't know if this is a common theme with new stadiums.

I think the board giving you criteria to fulfil would be an awesome feature, nothing worse than trying to survive in the Championship or Premier League with a stadium of 8,000 or so.

wasn't there an option in one of the previous version that during contract negociations you could ask the board to agree with an expansion and if not you wouldn't sign a new contract? now it's not in the game anymore but i thought it was tehre x years ago.

would be nice if it would be added again

same applies for tranfer budget, investments in training ground etc.

wasn't there an option in one of the previous version that during contract negociations you could ask the board to agree with an expansion and if not you wouldn't sign a new contract? now it's not in the game anymore but i thought it was tehre x years ago.

would be nice if it would be added again

same applies for tranfer budget, investments in training ground etc.

That was an excellent addition at the time, no idea why it isn't there anymore.

The ultimatum option shouldn't be removed or changed, but there should be more negotiations added separately to it.

Issuing an ultimatum is basically saying "Agree to my demands or I'll quit"; its less about what you've achieved already, and more about whether or not the club could get somebody as good as you to replace you. If you're not irreplaceable, I don't see why a chairman would agree to somebody as demanding as that, no matter how much you've achieved for them.

yep.. ive had them work...

its an ultimatum? how the hell do you think they'll react...

"heyyy board... i know ive only been here a few years, and had a few successes, but i demand you build a new stadium now!!!"

yeah...

ultimatums are a final resort , noly to be used when you have arsene wenger/ SAF like respect and control in your club..

use some god given common sense

On FM09 I took Nantwich Town to the EPL and qualified for the champions league this got me onto the legends list. A few seasons later I was still on the legends list and had won the EPL title, I saved and tried to increase the wage budget and stadium expansion. Both times I was sacked after clicking the ultimatum button, I don't think it will ever work.

Ive only done it a couple times.....mostly getting sacked.....but I did have 2 weird instances tho...

1. First time I tried it, I did after two seasons. I'd heard it was the 'sack me' button but decided to try it anyway. I wanted more money for transfers and the board said no. I hit the button and I got a message saying that I had the support of the fans and they liked my ambition.....but I still got sacked :(

2. Second time I did about a week after starting a new save for the same reason (yea Im crazy....I kno). I hit continue and I saw I hadnt been sacked! I was happy cuz I thought it had worked....

The board came back with a message saying the understand how I felt but honestly did not have any money to give me at that moment.

I've had them work before. It all hinges on a couple of things I think.

1) Is it a reasonable request? - It doesn't matter how much you've done for the club, or how popular you are, if they can't do what you're demanding.

2) Is it easier/cheaper for them to comply with your demand or would it be easier for them just to replace you? - As has been said if you're not irreplacable then it might just be easier for them to line up a new manager who's not going to bug them for things. New manager or a massive stadium loan?

I'm fairly sure people have had successful ultimata before, there can be some gain in doing it.

I have. After taking Billericay Town to the Premier League, the board refused to expand the stadium. I issued an ultimatum and they said that due to my success with the club and the level of support with the fans, they would overlook my outburst this once.

The fans then protested, backing my stance.

Two days later, the board announce a stadium expansion.

• 1 month later...

i've had it work once, with liverpool. but similar to the guy who posted before, i'd won the PL and CL 5 years on the trot(2013,14,15,16,17), had about a 400m bank balance with no debt, but anfield was chuffing me off. so i asked for a stadium expansion, said no, ultimatum for a laugh and they said ok, we'll build you a nice new shiny stadium! 'rush arena' was built and had a 82,000 capacity. i was slightly aroused by it i must say

No you get risk wrong, it's all about having something put up that you don't want to lose. Therefore pressing the sack me button is in fact too big a risk, especially if you're in the middle of something good.

What you're talking about is chance.

As someone who is somewhat of a meagre expert in risk assessment, risk is the deviation of future events from whats expected - consequence x probability. A great risk has to have a high consequence, a high probability, or a mixture of both.

What people are mistaking are downside risk (where if the risk happens it incurs a cost - plant safety, for example) or upside risk (where you take a risk for potential benefit - poker).

The ultimatum though is a great risk - the consequence is very high. But then surely thats how it should be. What you forget is you're saying if you don't give it to me you will resign. It seems people expect that tjhis a reasonable request and that a) the board should cowtail to you no matter what, or b) that you should just get a minor slap on the wrist. You are meant to be resigning if you don't get it! Admittedly an option where the board are unable to acquiesce on your deal but beg of you to stay might be a good idea, but I certainly don't think ultimatums should be handed out left, right and centre and I think if you fail you should be forced to resign rather than be sacked. Which is what I think the immediate sacking is supposed to represent.

ive had ultimatums work before, usually being told that because of the stature i have grown the club they had accepted my request, or ive had a ultimatum rejected but not been sacked as the board have said they are willing to overlook my indescression.

Is that in FM 2010, mate?

i never got away with it for the past few versions and this version. i remember 'years' ago ultimatiums worked usually the chairman / board saying they received the fax and sent fax to accept demand bla bla something like that. I seriously think the manager need to have more control over the team and more board request options!!!

OK, guys, was this all during the playing of FM 2010 or on an earlier version of the game? Can the ultimatum work in FM 2010?[/QUOTE]

doubt it, i tried with mancity, juventus, atletico madrid just to test it out and all saves were few seasons in with min status 'icon'.

You tried an ultimatum after the first season?

Well then you're always gonna get sacked... You're gonna need to be a legend or something to even stand a chance of succeeding

It gets refused regardless of how well you do.

I succeeded three times in a row with Anderlecht on FM08 I think. Initially, my transfer budget was around £2 mil. With my first ultimatum they gave me 7 mil. The following day I made another request that was rejected and clicked the ultimatum button - 15 mil. On the third day I've done the same and got a total of 25 mil for the season. Tried it fourth time as well but got the sack.

I've never seen an ultimatum work in FM09 or FM10 though

Archived