10.3 "corner exploit" thread

hello i wait this patch for months but now the game is unplayable man,i pay for the game sigames and the game contain bugs and more bugs,in the patchs later fixes Some bugs but in the patch 10.3 fixes some bugs but cause a the new bugs in the corners.

in the corners the defenses not move and the 95% of goals is produced in the corner,the game us unplayable,the Results They end 4-3,5-4 for the bug in the corners.

sigames fixes the game correctly,fixes one problem in one patch and the other They cause one new bug.

what the hell?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you have any proof, i've found corners to be the same and very realistic unlike fm 09 where there was an obvious corner bug.

There does appear to be a corner bug in the latest patch. There is a thread on it in the bugs forum. I wont post the routine on here as i imagine some people wont want to know about it. I tried it using the instructions and found out that it does seem to exploit the ME.

Man, I've scored once off a corner in 10.3, and conceded two. Clearly I need to improve my set pieces, but as long as you don't actively pursue some sort of bug, you're unlikely to find it.

I agree that the last patch should not have as many bugs as 10.3 seems to have, but, like I said, a corner bug is something that most often goes unnoticed unless you take it off someone and implement it.

Point is, if you don't take the corner set-up that exploits the bug, then you wont even know there is a bug.

But the AI will find it and score against you...

I did half a season on 10.3, and, like I said, only conceded 2 corners, so it hasn't happened to me.

I never see much selectivity in AI corner routines. It's always set on Mixed from what I can tell. But then again, set pieces are not my forte.

I haven't searched it out and I haven't been on the receiving end nor benefitted.

If there is a bug then simply don't exploit it and quit crying about it. It is widely known there is a bug (apparently) so why go chasing it? I haven't set my corners up properly yet and I'm at Christmas in my SWFC game. Granted we haven't a decent corner taker between us so it doesn't matter but I think I have 1 goal from a corner all season, pretty standard imo.

I don't like cheating, so I will not be using the flaw in the ME, but knowing such a major flaw is there is problematic. I have tried the set up (2 players lurk outside, 2 on far post, 2 challenge GK, 2 stay back and 2 near post flick on), and it "works" and lets you score a lot and win most matches.

I know SI have fixed crucial issues in previous years with small patches, and I think this one with a few others, should be fixed in 10.3.1.

I don't like cheating, so I will not be using the flaw in the ME, but knowing such a major flaw is there is problematic. I have tried the set up (2 players lurk outside, 2 on far post, 2 challenge GK, 2 stay back and 2 near post flick on), and it "works" and lets you score a lot and win most matches.

I know SI have fixed crucial issues in previous years with small patches, and I think this one with a few others, should be fixed in 10.3.1.

there won't be a 10.3.1 just don't exploit the bug, i haven't come across it and i've found 10.3 to be brilliant. I don't think theres a need for another patch.

Haven't yet sussed out what, if anything, this "bug" is yet, but I can confirm my team are completely clueless at defending corners. Seems like their idea of man-marking is to stand and watch in awe as the opponent with jumping 6 and heading 3 leaps like a salmon to head the ball like an artillery shell into the roof of my bewildered goalie's net.

I am playing with the total minnow-numptie team in the Chilean 2nd division though, so maybe that's got something to do with it. My managerial skills and tactical accumen are beyond reproach of course ;)

I'm also seeing tons of defensive headers which seem to come off my defenders heads at angles which "Mythbusters" would find impossible to re-create. How can a player running away from goal, defending a corner coming from his right, jump to head the ball and have it go behind the goal to his left? :confused:

i think i have witnessed the corners bug a few times now - but havent changed my tactics on corners for ages and so far it's resulted in me scoring 3 goals and conceding none so im not complaining.

where is the topic in the bugs forum on it, i can't find anything mentioning corners. if someone could provide a link that'd be great. i'd just like to check that this is the bug and not something my players have magically created themselves!!

I score even more from corners now, 17 from 23 matches so far. Used to be 12-14 per season (36 matches), I thought attacking far post was cheating in 10.2 but it feels even more cheating now ! Ok I always have a very tall striker playing for that reason but still, I rather see more field goals.

I think it has to do with defenders being brainless since 10.3, at least my players suddenly are (including Chiellini who is getting older but still he shouldn't play like a monkey when the games is patched !).

You MUST fix it SI!

How can i play a network game with other guys, when everybody knows this cheat?

Tell me how?

Te game is now completely stupid

FIX It!

- Have a rule where everyone has to have corners set to default, or has to have a player to either stop the cheat (defending) or no near post lurker (attacking).

- It'll even out over the season

- It's rare

- Kick anyone who breaks the rules.

Now grow up and get off your high horse. There's no cheat and nothing urgent for FM to fix. I'm part of a successful network game and we're going just fine with 10.3, so long as we're not childish about any minor issues such as this.

There was just as much of a corner "exploit" in 10.2, only this one is easier to prevent.

Near post corners often go to an unmarked player lurking around the edge of the 6 yard box, who then has time to shoot before being closed down

fwiw, I've scored 93 goals in 41 games this season, 5 of which were from corners and 1 of which was from such a corner.

To be honest I don't bother with any patches as trying to fix some things always results in causing other problems, so I just play out of the box, accept that all computer games have minor bugs and I have found that FM might not be perfect but is quite playable out of the box. I played 09 in this way and I am now enjoying FM10 in the same way. If you look for faults in anything you can always find them, but if you ignore them they become less important.

It's not the worst bug in the world, if you don't want to cheat just use normal corner tactics right?

This ' bug ' happened to me in the odd game on the previous patches, but only against me with teams getting a cheap goal out of it. I have only seen it happen once since the patch and that was a goal by me.

Obviously SI will want to fix it to stop people cheating the game with it, but at least its not some 'superkeeper' or wingers/fullbacks not being able to get a cross into the box like 10.2

SI have confirmed in the bugs forum there will be no additional patch for this due to the AI not being able to use it. If the human user chooses to use this exploit it's up to them. Plus, it's a little different to last year's bug since last year was a legitimate tactic; this one is only there if you are experimenting and actively LOOKING for an exploit.

Self.

Control.

Two words you'll find you need more and more as you approach adulthood. No time like the present to start experimenting with new things ;-)

Head over to the bugs forum if you want to know about it, there are two threads there already that contain instructions.

I have had one goal in 10 matches scored against me by the opposition that I would consider an exploit of the ME corner bug, ironically it was in the first game, I have seen no others since then.

I can not find the link, but SI testers were aware of this problem when this patch was released, but in closing it they opened up other exploits so this one was considered the lesser of the evils and left in.

You deliberately have to set up the exploit to benefit from it, and you will know if you have used it as you will be scoring about 4 to 6 goals per match.

Apart from this one small issue, I absolutely love this match engine, never had so many 0-0 draws in all my FM career. I find it reflects my tactics very well indeed.

- Have a rule where everyone has to have corners set to default, or has to have a player to either stop the cheat (defending) or no near post lurker (attacking).

- It'll even out over the season

- It's rare

- Kick anyone who breaks the rules.

Now grow up and get off your high horse. There's no cheat and nothing urgent for FM to fix. I'm part of a successful network game and we're going just fine with 10.3, so long as we're not childish about any minor issues such as this.

There was just as much of a corner "exploit" in 10.2, only this one is easier to prevent.

How can I control what anybody do with tactics during all matches?

Of course I will know what is going on when I see 3 and above goals after from corners in one match, but what if somebody cheated during 30 minutes and score only one goal by that?

C'mon guys, don't be ridicoulous and fix it. With this cheat FM10 is a piece of crap.

How can I control what anybody do with tactics during all matches?

Of course I will know what is going on when I see 3 and above goals after from corners in one match, but what if somebody cheated during 30 minutes and score only one goal by that?

C'mon guys, don't be ridicoulous and fix it. With this cheat FM10 is a piece of crap.

Watch them? :rolleyes: If someone scores from such corners regularly, get them to send you their tactic. If they're being dishonest but blatantly cheating then they're not the kind of person you want to play with.

With corners set to mixed this happens very rarely, so anyone exploiting it will be easy to detect. It's really a minor issue to any honest gamer.

No need to exaggerate and act like a child.

But the AI will find it and score against you...

No they won't/can't.

So therefore if you don't use it, they can't use it, what are you left with? A normal game of football that can be enjoyed. So many drama queens on here.

And to the dude playing network games, if you can't have faith that your opponents won't use it then you probably shouldn't be wasting your time on a game with them.

zBla ->

Of course it doesn't, but how can You imagine playing the game, when every human's team score 3-4 goals from corners in every match. 6 human's teams will be always in top 6. Pure crap.

I'm worth good game. I play cm/fm since 1999. SI repair 10 things and destroy another 10 in every patch. That's the fact. All of us are worth better game. They should stay with 9.3 match engine. But they love to make things complicated which makes the game unplayable, unfortunately for us.

Have fun SI. Thanks. I've read today, that there will be no fixes and no patches. Crap!

This is not solution when i play network game crouchaldinho! In this type of game, we must trust each other. Now it's limited. It's hard to go back to single game. Network game has a unique spirit.

Big overreaction in here, typical of the SI forums.

The simple answer is just to ignore it and set up your corners realistically. Then it never becomes a problem.

TBH Crouch this is the worst one I've seen.

I'm having the problem that Hersie has described rather than what has been mentioned on the bugs forum.

Giving players different orders seems to leave the man on "Attack Near Post" completely unmarked and despite corners being on "Mixed" a high % are being passed straight to him.

I can take him off those orders but this just leaves "Near Post Flick" as the only order where your players stand towards the front of the goal, all other orders (inc "Forward") result in them being towards the back past the penalty spot which is totally unrealistic.

I've also seen the AI use this against me on many occasions while the marking in general during corners seems to have taken a huge backwards step with players left unmarked until the corner is being delivered.

TBH Crouch this is the worst one I've seen.

I'm having the problem that Hersie has described rather than what has been mentioned on the bugs forum.

What's mentioned in the bugs forum?

I have to say I've seen very few corner goals for or against my team. That's only with one season though..

As for network games, I'll again say, don't play with people who'll cheat. ;)

Near post corners often go to an unmarked player lurking around the edge of the 6 yard box, who then has time to shoot before being closed down

fwiw, I've scored 93 goals in 41 games this season, 5 of which were from corners and 1 of which was from such a corner.

Thanks for that..Now I can conclude that I did not score from the "cheat"...Mine was the typical goal from outside the box where Rooney is left unmarked ;)

For reference, here is what Paul C stated:

We did indeed spend at least a week almost only looking at corners in an attempt to close as many exploits as possible. Guess we didnt have the time nor manpower to close all.

I'll be completely straight with you guys. There wont be any more ME changes for FM2010 and all my work will now go into FM2011. The advice for FM human vs AI is if you dont like it dont use it. The AI certainly wont use it against you. Also, from FML beta feedback it seems that these kinds of exploits are generally defendable by human teams if the managers set up intelligently which means FM network and FML games are less likely to be affected.

Cheers,

Paul

Don't use it !

It really is very simple and not worthy of debate.

PaulC has confirmed:

1. The AI won't use it

2. Human players can set up corners to stop it happening when playing other humans.

It's not a big issue.

Don't use it !

PaulC has confirmed:

1. The AI won't use it

2. Human players can set up corners to stop it happening when playing other humans.

It's not a big issue.

the AI uses it and i am conceding at least once in every 3 games from this stupidity.

here i posted proof in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=194064

is there any defending corner instruction i can use to stop this?

Don't use it !

PaulC has confirmed:

1. The AI won't use it

It's not a big issue.

The problem is the AI are using it against me on a fairly regular basis, certain teams more than others.

Yes I can take the attacking instruction away but it leaves a big gap which seems to make it much easier to defend the corner.

As far as I can tell there are two separate issues, probably related. One is the bug/exploit mentioned in the bugs forum where one player lurking outside the area is unmarked. The other is when a player attacking the near post is unmarked and has time to shoot before being closed down. The latter occurs even when using the default corner routine.

Archived