10.3 "corner exploit" thread

higgins have you tried setting more specific instructions for your players? I've set mine to the ML/R on the Posts, the full backs on Mark Small, the midfielders on Man Mark, and one striker on Back (I'm playing a 4-4-2). I don't think I've seen an unmarked player on any opposition corner, I'm never going to score a counterattack but I'm not bothered about that. I'm not sure if it would counter a human player in a network game though.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I've looked at the pkm Higgins and the pictures don't really give the full story.

Initially when the corner is being setup your five defenders outside the 6 yard box move towards the four players walking in towards the far post. The two in the middle then step forward to pick up O'Connor but the corner is taken before they can get there. Also worth noting that the ball seems to go through Harding who is standing on the near post, the corner is taken quickly and that its very late in the match - players are tired.

Overall I would say the ME calculated it as a quickly taken corner that led to a goal but the animations make it look a little stupid.

As long as it doesn't happen all the time I would say its fine if a little annoying when it happens.

Yes, I had 2 players on near post, both of them missed the ball.

I saw such situation in many matches, fortunately the AI often use a lurking man with poor finishing (a centre back) and they didn't score so far; O'Connor has good finishing for this level (10), you saw the outcome.

Of course I didn't play enough games with the new patch to provide a consistent feedback about this issue.

However the AI "knows" about the bug and it's capable to exploit it.

higgins have you tried setting more specific instructions for your players? I've set mine to the ML/R on the Posts, the full backs on Mark Small, the midfielders on Man Mark, and one striker on Back (I'm playing a 4-4-2). I don't think I've seen an unmarked player on any opposition corner, I'm never going to score a counterattack but I'm not bothered about that. I'm not sure if it would counter a human player in a network game though.

Not for now, I'm simply using default settings for a 442 diamond, with just one striker left upfront.

I need more time to test, then I'll try something different to cope with that.

This statement about the corner exploit was not free from error.

The exploit PaulC refers to is the lurker outside the area not the near post attack one.

The near post attack one I don't think anyone can say they have not seen it used against them.

The near post attack one I don't think anyone can say they have not seen it used against them.

I haven't seen it used against me, at least in the last 5 games. Having six people set to mark at corners seems to have cut it out at the BSS level anyway. Conversely I've seen my team do it at least twice a match, having players set to Back just doesn't cut it in defensive terms.

It doesn't "know" about it, and it isn't exploiting it. It is doing it by chance.

20100307-cy2w5d7qx8fnefemi79283pkx1.png

Of course I wasn't comparing FM artificial intelligence to Kubrick's Hal 9001, it was a metaphor to say the AI uses the corner bug.

If I'm wrong, just demonstrate it.

Sorry guys, but how could you defend what is clearly not defendable? :eek:

I already demonstrate that, did you miss my pkm?

One match does not prove the AI use it.

Plus, the AI's tactics are taken from a set of default tactics loaded into the game, which makes it not the AI "deciding" on any of its tactics.

Just to clear one argument up, are you saying that the AI chooses to use the corner exploit because it knows it's an exploit?

The exploit PaulC refers to is the lurker outside the area not the near post attack one.

I'm not sure about that, just have a look here, the same happens against my side in the pkm I posted.

Plus, the AI's tactics are taken from a set of default tactics loaded into the game, which makes it not the AI "deciding" on any of its tactics.

Just to clear one argument up, are you saying that the AI chooses to use the corner exploit because it knows it's an exploit?

So you're seriously expecting him to post several matches where it happens? Tad unrealistic, don't you think.

I think having it happen once does prove that the AI can (and may) use it. But thankfully, it seems to be a rarity.

My suggestion would be to save before your games, and if you have it happen to you, just reload.

So you're seriously expecting him to post several matches where it happens? Tad unrealistic, don't you think.

A good number of PKMs is what SI ask for to prove it.

I think having it happen once does prove that the AI can (and may) use it. But thankfully' date=' it seems to be a rarity.[/quote']

If something happens once it doesn't mean whoever did it, meant to do it.

My suggestion would be to save before your games' date=' and if you have it happen to you, just reload.[/quote']

That is cheating.

He's not saying it does it on purpose to screw us over, is he? The fact is, AI can score cheap goals through flawed set piece defending in the match engine so it hardly makes any difference if it's specifically designed to do so or not.

Not that I personally care too much of course. It very rarely succeeds anyway and since headed goals from corners are now virtually non-existent it at least helps to put up numbers statistically.

No, I wouldn't say it's cheating. You shouldn't lose because the AI has exploited a bug, whether on purpose, or not.

You can't exploit something by accident if you're a machine...

He's not saying it does it on purpose to screw us over, is he? The fact is, AI can score cheap goals through flawed set piece defending in the match engine so it hardly makes any difference if it's specifically designed to do so or not.

Not that I personally care too much of course. It very rarely succeeds anyway and since headed goals from corners are now virtually non-existent it at least helps to put up numbers statistically.

1. Several people have accused the AI of doing it on purpose.

2. It's not designed to do it, as SI have admitted it's a bug.

3. We can score just as many goals through the bug as the AI could if it "decided" to do so.

No you're wrong, 1,100, 100,000 times it's the same, the AI uses cause there's a flaw in the ME, not because the AI is the devil.

Of course if it happens once every 30 matches it's not a big problem, otherwise.....

As I said before, more tests are needed.

No you're wrong, 1,100, 100,000 times it's the same, the AI uses cause there's a flaw in the ME.

Of course if it happens once every 30 matches it's not a big problem, otherwise.....

As I said before, more test are needed.

You contradict yourself in the bolded parts...

.....................you are referring to the AI in the second quote, right?
Seeing as I didn't use the phrase 'AI', I think that would be obvious.

But you were replying to a quote ABOUT the AI. You're making no sense and I'm starting to think you just like to argue. :confused:

But you were replying to a quote ABOUT the AI. You're making no sense and I'm starting to think you just like to argue. :confused:

Was I the one who came into a perfectly good discussion, and tried to pick holes in another's argument, while presenting no counter points?

I don't think so.

SI have confirmed in the bugs forum there will be no additional patch for this due to the AI not being able to use it. If the human user chooses to use this exploit it's up to them. Plus, it's a little different to last year's bug since last year was a legitimate tactic; this one is only there if you are experimenting and actively LOOKING for an exploit.

Self.

Control.

Two words you'll find you need more and more as you approach adulthood. No time like the present to start experimenting with new things ;-)

The AI not being able to use it?! Are you kidding?

I condeded one of those goals in the Europa League, infact, i've conceded two from the AI from such a ****ing relentless ******** corner. If the AI can't use this type of corner, then why have i conceded two goals from them, and scored about four myself?

BTW im not purposely using the exploit because i've only just read about it, but my corner tactic has been doing this ever since 10.3, and the AI DOES do this every now and again because i've seen it myself and conceded the ridiculous result of it.

Was I the one who came into a perfectly good discussion, and tried to pick holes in another's argument, while presenting no counter points?

I don't think so.

Mate, all I tried to do was broadcast my opinion and give a solution for those who feel hard done by this bug. :thup:

I don't need to present counter points; I'm not arguing :p I just thought I'd point out your contradiction while I'm here

You don't understand, more tests are needed to know how many times it happens, not if it happens.

It's clear enough that it happens.

You've contradicted yourself again. Above you state that "more tests are needed to know how many times it happens".

Below you state numbers.

No you're wrong, 1,100, 100,000 times it's the same, the AI uses cause there's a flaw in the ME, not because the AI is the devil.

As I said before, more tests are needed.

Mate, all I tried to do was broadcast my opinion and give a solution for those who feel hard done by this bug. :thup:

I don't need to present counter points; I'm not arguing :p I just thought I'd point out your contradiction while I'm here

1. You are yet to show me a quote where I contradicted myself.

2. Since I've been on this thread, you've had no opinions about any problems with the game. Your problem seems to be with me.

The AI not being able to use it?! Are you kidding?

I condeded one of those goals in the Europa League, infact, i've conceded two from the AI from such a ****ing relentless ******** corner. If the AI can't use this type of corner, then why have i conceded two goals from them, and scored about four myself?

BTW im not purposely using the exploit because i've only just read about it, but my corner tactic has been doing this ever since 10.3, and the AI DOES do this every now and again because i've seen it myself and conceded the ridiculous result of it.

Could you upload a pkm of that match?

You've contradicted yourself again. Above you state that "more tests are needed to know how many times it happens".

Below you state numbers.

Now I realized you pretend not to understand, your fanboy attitude does not help.

What I said it's clear enough.

The AI uses the corner exploit and SI knows that well.

1. You are yet to show me a quote where I contradicted myself.

2. Since I've been on this thread, you've had no opinions about any problems with the game. Your problem seems to be with me.

1. Those two quotes I posted, you are contradicting yourself. I find it a bit embarrassing that you're trying to refute this.

2. All I have posted in this thread is my opinions. Better yet, that's all I post in this forum. And I don't really have a big problem with you. But I do think you like to argue (don't get me wrong, this can be a good thing a times, just not when you're in the wrong)

I'll be around to read your next post, but I don't know if I'll reply, I really don't want to drag this out. We'll see :)

Now I realized you pretend not to understand, your fanboy attitude does not help.

Neither does calling people fanboys. :thdn:

What I said it's clear enough.

The AI uses the corner exploit.

The key word there is exploit' date=' which the AI [i']does not[/i] do.

1. Those two quotes I posted, you are contradicting yourself. I find it a bit embarrassing that you're trying to refute this.

I have already explained why they weren't. Do you really want to tell me what I meant, because I tell you now, you won't win that debate?

2. All I have posted in this thread is my opinions. Better yet' date=' that's all I post in this forum. And I don't really have a big problem with you. But I do think you like to argue (don't get me wrong, this can be a good thing a times, just not when you're in the wrong)[/quote']

I believe I said "since I came into this thread". That's what I meant, not what happened on the last page.

Why don't you tell me where I'm wrong. Then, at least, you'll have given an opinion to this argument.

I'll be around to read your next post' date=' but I don't know if I'll reply, I really don't want to drag this out. We'll see :)[/quote']

Why wouldn't I reply? :confused:

Can't understand why people are still complaining when there is no more patch coming out to fix it...Play it, or leave it, return to 10.1...And the AI doesnt use the "bug" deliberately, it is by chance, and by chance it can be a lot or a few or even none...I've played 3 quaters of a seaon now and I have not conceeded a corner goal yet

Funny, how you haven't actually tried to refute my statement, isn't it?

And no, I don't, just in case you feel like accusing me of the same thing.

Listen kid, I'm not going to argue with you, sorry but I don't care about your childhood problems and above all, I don't care about you.

I'm just showing evidences about a bug, that only a fanboy like you could not see.

Can't understand why people are still complaining when there is no more patch coming out to fix it...Play it, or leave it, return to 10.1...And the AI doesnt use the "bug" deliberately, it is by chance, and by chance it can be a lot or a few or even none...I've played 3 quaters of a seaon now and I have not conceeded a corner goal yet

This :thup:

It scores goals through dodgy corner routines. Doesn't make any sort of difference whether it's doing it on purpose or not. You're simply arguing for the sake of it.

*sigh*

If you're not willing to get into the discussion, don't give comments on it or me.

Listen kid, I'm not going to argue with you, sorry but I don't care about your childhood problems and above all, I don't care about you.

I'm just showing evidences about a bug, that only a fanboy like you could not see.

I've lost count of the number of people who, when called out on their opinions, views, etc, etc, fall back on insults to get them through the day.

I may or may not be younger than you, but I'm a damn sight more mature, seeing as I haven't insulted you once, and you just don't seem to want to stop.

If you're not willing to get into the discussion, don't give comments on it or me.

There's no discussion. Just a silly argument. There is a flaw with defending corner kicks. The AI occasionally happens to profit from it. I just don't see why you need to drag this argument any further.

There's no discussion. Just a silly argument. There is a flaw with defending corner kicks. The AI occasionally happens to profit from it. I just don't see why you need to drag this argument any further.

It's funny how it's suddenly me, isn't it? Everyone else is completely innocent. :rolleyes:

And, for the record, we're discussing whether the AI are exploiting the corner bug or not, not whether there is one.

Simply cause he's "damn more mature" than us. :thup:

Hi everyone

Dafuge said I should post here and closed my thread. Sorry for interupting your discussion, I am just following instructions. Here is my opening post:

"Hi

A new and exciting way to score goals.

Play all corners "short" and have as good dribler and shooter receiving. He will score 1/3 of the time.

Thank you very much

See you later "

How very condascending of you. What is it like up there on your perch :rolleyes:

On topic, I've yet to concede a corner via the exploit on 10.3. It's not ideal for people who do experience it but there won't be a patch, it's been confirmed. Move on.

I just read the whole thread. AI frequently score from a short option player that no-one marks. AI definitely does that, I have seen it a few times. I am amazed that some people say it does not.

Agreed tak, but that's not the same as the AI using an exploit in a sentient manner, which is what some are saying happens.

The AI uses fairly orthodox corner routines with occasional slight variations of each, so it's likely that every now and then it will unwittingly benefit from the fact that defenders don't pick up this player who comes short.

You can defend against that possibility I'm fairly sure.

Archived