• FM 2006
    • FM 2007
    • FM 2008
    • FM 2009
    • FM 2010

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone here has played CM4 and the newer versions and still picks out any of the FM games they're forgetting how bad CM4 was..!

And anyone that has picked FM2010 cannot be taken seriously.. FM2010 has the fewest flaws of all FM games and also it is alot more enjoyable to play than the previous FM's.

If anyone here has played CM4 and the newer versions and still picks out any of the FM games they're forgetting how bad CM4 was..!

And anyone that has picked FM2010 cannot be taken seriously.. FM2010 has the fewest flaws of all FM games and also it is alot more enjoyable to play than the previous FM's.

i still play cm series for hours although Fm 2010 is out.i play the game which released 10 years ego and i dont think i will play Fm 2010 10 years later.Hope you understand,constructively.

Interesting feedback about FM08 here, I personally loved the game, but I didn't play much of FM07 'first time round'. I noticed the regens thing is a common theme with 08, I never got that far into the game to experience it myself, too many new games. :D

FM09 is my personal least fave, probably the only one on the list that I actually disliked. The U.I. wasn't great, too many drop-down lists for my liking (although I'm much prefering using the FM09 skin in FM10 ironically :)), the ME window and pitch were too small, bugs aplenty and a skin I didn't much care for either.

I dont think there has really been a bad one, most people have good games on pretty much all the versions, like I said before Fm2008 was a bad one for me, mainly because I didnt get into it, due down to not been able to replicate my 2006 tactic and the newly introduced controversy, 2009 started like that but I managed to get into it.

Absolutley loved '08... but that's most probably to do with the fact I had my best ever save on it.

FM'09 was poor IMO because

a) I never really got into a game

and b) because it took so long to load up compared to '08. With FM10 I'm used to it now, but when it first started I was frustrated because of the 3D that I didn't want.

Diablo tactics and fake players!

there was no diablo tactic on cm 00/01.

fake players are for all manager series not specific for cm 00/01.

i understand here you have never played 00/01 but comment on it :)

cm 00/01 tactical system was very similor to fm 2010.i mean that the tactic shapes which work for fm 2010 was working for cm 00/01.Middle attack especially.

Just thought of something. I hope this was real because I can't remember it well, at all. But I'm sure there was a cheat on one of the CM's or one of the CM demo's where if you entered your name to be something such as 'Glenn Hoddle' or 'Terry Venables (sp?)' you'd get some sort of good budget or something like that. Im talking CM'02ish here.

Please, someone say this was real!

there was nothing to cheat on 00/01 except editor.

what do you mean?

Adding other managers and buying average players for big money etc.

I know you can do this on any game and it doesn't make it bad but its the only one i've ever felt the need to do this on and it and i was young at the time. Was probably a good game but for this reason it was never as enjoyable as taking Wrexham to the Championship on 08 or Bromley on 09 or my own club on 10.

Was it 00/01 you could make a huge offer for a player then when offer is accepted just click back button to the original offer then put a stupidly low amount in, that offer would then be accepted.

Diablo tacktic was for 03/04 but "good" tactics are some time refered to as a diablo tacktic.

there was no diablo tactic on cm 00/01.

fake players are for all manager series not specific for cm 00/01.

i understand here you have never played 00/01 but comment on it :)

cm 00/01 tactical system was very similor to fm 2010.i mean that the tactic shapes which work for fm 2010 was working for cm 00/01.Middle attack especially.

I never said fake players were specific to 00/01 did I?

I do remember there was a cheat where you could get loads of money though.

For your info, I did play 00/01. I've played them all since CM2.

So much time wasted :(

I think (looking at the poll results so far) it's a nice trend to see that CM4 (first 2D ME release) and FM09 (first 3D ME release) are considered the worst CM/FM games. I say nice because a yearly release schedule can make it hard to add new features and it obviously shows how hard SI do work to have subsequent release with much more polish/playability.

I have to ask; who's hating on FM08? For me this is best "old" FM game by far, with levels of polish far beyond what came before and after it.

Just thought of something. I hope this was real because I can't remember it well, at all. But I'm sure there was a cheat on one of the CM's or one of the CM demo's where if you entered your name to be something such as 'Glenn Hoddle' or 'Terry Venables (sp?)' you'd get some sort of good budget or something like that. Im talking CM'02ish here.

Please, someone say this was real!

I remember when I had cm97/8 if you entered your name as a "real international" managers name youd be able to manage that country.

For example enter your name as Glenn Hoddle, youd be able to select England as team to manage. Sure it was 97/98. But that is definitely what it did

FM09, everything that was meant to be in it is in Fm10 so on that basis I'll go for this one. Past Fm's I rather enjoyed, maybe they were a little too easy and simple but I managed to have great career runs in them which on the most recent ones proves difficult.

see fm10 is joint second WORST in list behind 09:eek:

are we saying the last 2 versions are the worst:confused:

I think the most posters in here began playing when FM09 came out, so they don't have much choice to vote.

I'm quite surprise that until now (of course things can change) the 4 worst games, three of the. are the three latest FM releases with FM09 taking the lead.

I would take this and the Best CM/FM Ever threads with great interest.

Anyone who doesn't vote for CM4 really needs their head looking at.

Why I think that FM09 is by far worst then CM4. At least I played CM4 for few months after giving up, while FM09 I play a total 10 hours and gave it a chance when the patches where released.

So for CM4 was the worst and for me was FM09. Opinions are like asses, everybody has its own. :p

I'm quite surprise that until now (of course things can change) the 4 worst games, three of the. are the three latest FM releases with FM09 taking the lead.

I would take this and the Best CM/FM Ever threads with great interest.

Just because not everybody have played all Fm/Cm games.

CM99/00. I've played 01/02 (or was it 00/01?), and that was really the minimum I could deal with. Any earlier version would be completely unplayable for me.

Having said that, I've never played CM4.

I've had CM2 for over 10 years and never played a season on it. :o

Archived