Horrible horrible match engine

Just exactly the same as FM09, watching a match at the moment is laughable and just can not be taken seriously.

No urgency, players get the ball and walk forward or stand still for 20 seconds and nobody goes near them, there is FAR too much space in general, the defending is woeful, wingers still never get tackled, they simply run (or walk) down the line and the defenders just watch them, or even run away from them.

Looks like ill be waiting for the first patch.

• SI Staff
Just exactly the same as FM09, watching a match at the moment is laughable and just can not be taken seriously.

No urgency, players get the ball and walk forward or stand still for 20 seconds and nobody goes near them, there is FAR too much space in general, the defending is woeful, wingers still never get tackled, they simply run (or walk) down the line and the defenders just watch them, or even run away from them.

Looks like ill be waiting for the first patch.

I'm sure we'd be interested in taking a look at a pkm demonstrating what you describe there. Feel free to log one in the bugs forum and QA will take a look for you.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

Every FM is the same. Players take time to gel, bed in, everything is a little disjointed and messy. If you retain the same structure making minor tweaks, then after 10 or so games you might be lucky enough to see your side hit a stride.

I was superb in pre-season, free scoring. Won 9-0 and 7-0 away in two Italian pre-season games. Results thus far in the Prem?

Spurs 0 West Ham 0

Burnley 0 Spurs 0

The football has improved but my side haven't quite settled and Defoe is struggling up front on his own. But I'm stubborn and I aim to make my tactic work. Next game...

Spurs 1 Bolton 0

And so it begins...

Can't say I've noticed any of the complaints in the original post. Only complaint I have is my team of millionaires are not taking their chances.

My only issue is the size of the players in comparison with the pitch. It still hasn't been addressed.

It's like watching ants playing on a snooker table. They should be a little bigger, with less space between the players.

My wingers run down the line, and the fullbacks are literally 10-15 yards away.

Firstly I had no problems with the match engine in 09, the 3D view was a much welcome addition imo, allowed me to really see my tactics implemented much easier than dots or text ever did, secondly from first viewing on the demo, the match engine is even better in 10.

Lets get this straight, im not a troll, and all im saying is that in my experience, the old closing down bug that happened in the FM 09 demo is back again.

Players have FAR FAR too much space, nobody gets closed down, wingers never beat there man, they just run alongside each other.

I will happily show you the PKM and commentate at the exact time what should be happening and what isnt.

Lets get this straight, im not a troll, and all im saying is that in my experience, the old closing down bug that happened in the FM 09 demo is back again.

Players have FAR FAR too much space, nobody gets closed down, wingers never beat there man, they just run alongside each other.

I will happily show you the PKM and commentate at the exact time what should be happening and what isnt.

heres what i think your should do ..goto your desktop and load up fm2010

and not cm2010 ... because i think you have been playing the wrong game

I have to totaly disagree with OP. This engine is much much better then fm09 versions one. Players actually keep the ball, goalkeeper doesnt just boot it straight up the field after you have told him to short pass, players pass the ball into spaces for teammates to run onto ..........

I have to totaly disagree with OP. This engine is much much better then fm09 versions one. Players actually keep the ball, goalkeeper doesnt just boot it straight up the field after you have told him to short pass, players pass the ball into spaces for teammates to run onto ..........

Im talking about issues such as defending, the fact that their is far too much space and time on the ball, the lack of closing down, the lack of tackling a wide man etc.. I never once grumbled about what you are saying.

Just played Lyon in a friendly and lost 5 - 0. Some comical moments, how do I submit the match file?

Im talking about issues such as defending, the fact that their is far too much space and time on the ball, the lack of closing down, the lack of tackling a wide man etc.. I never once grumbled about what you are saying.

Just played Lyon in a friendly and lost 5 - 0. Some comical moments, how do I submit the match file?

You know, it really really really does sound as if "it's your tactics"!!! :eek:

108 you are simply used to playing fifa/pro evo where they cheat slightly and make the players bigger than they should be. The players are in exact proportion with the size of the pitches I can assure you.

But dont si cheat in the same way in 2d mode? It always looks more compact.

You know, it really really really does sound as if "it's your tactics"!!! :eek:
Have you tried different tactics ? Meaby defend higher up the pitch and close down opposition more

Yes becuase as Carlisle losing 5 - 0 was a travesty wasnt it? We had a fair share of the possesion so the scoreline really dosent reflect the 'game'.

Why would I defend high up the pitch when my defenders are far too slow in comparison to the lyon striker? I had it at half way, but the same things happen when I push the line right up against the likes of Kendal.

Yes becuase as Carlisle losing 5 - 0 was a travesty wasnt it? We had a fair share of the possesion so the scoreline really dosent reflect the 'game'.

Why are you moaning because the French champions god knows how many times made your league 1 defenders look a bit crap?

That would be expected to happen, and if it didn't that would be an issue

remember mate, it's demo until now so u want to be perfect SI release demo version to feedback and fix bugs before the full version and in this case the game should be perfect

The demo is the same as the full version, it's a gold demo.

The ME is still some way off 07's, but it's the best ME since.

One problem I have though is that goalkeepers with lower ratings are really terrible, and defenders do a lot of risky backpasses. Also, the corner exploit is still there. I will upload a PKM at some point. In one match, I scored two goals where the goalkeeper tried to control the ball with his feet and missed.

The only thing I have complaint about at the moment is the immediate scoring or conceding of goals - i.e., one team scores and then the other team scores 2 minutes later, or straight from kick off. This happened in 3 of my friendlies and twice in my first league game against Arsenal. I'm sure it's something tactical (well I hope), but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

I should also point out that I have benefited from this at least twice so far as well.

Why would I defend high up the pitch when my defenders are far too slow in comparison to the lyon striker? I had it at half way, but the same things happen when I push the line right up against the likes of Kendal.

Where in your thread have you mentioned that you are playing with Carlisle ????? No need to be smart arse when people are trying to help/understand you

i have to say i love the new match engine i can remember the amount of times on previous versions i would scream at the computer saying PASS or SHOOT whereas now they seem to have the intelligence to do it themselves, some of the goals i have scored have been brilliant to watch and simply was not able to be done on 09, i love how that players make intelligent runs and pass at the correct times now and i really cannot complain about it if am honest a huge improvement over 09 tbh

Lyon beating Carlisle 5-0 sounds quite plausible to me, especially if Lyon played with a full lineup...

I haven't found anything wrong with the match engine, i created my tactics to exactly how i like it and it was perfect. Everything I wanted to do happpened!

Its your tactics mate.

Have you even used the tactics creator?

I love the match engine too. I do agree that I don't see opposing teams closing my midfield down as often as would be in reality but in general the engine has moved to a much higher level with players actually behaving intelligently in their passing and movement off the ball when team is in possession.

The demo is the same as the full version, it's a gold demo.

The ME is still some way off 07's, but it's the best ME since.

One problem I have though is that goalkeepers with lower ratings are really terrible, and defenders do a lot of risky backpasses. Also, the corner exploit is still there. I will upload a PKM at some point. In one match, I scored two goals where the goalkeeper tried to control the ball with his feet and missed.

S.I will update and improve and fix the bugs when the full version comes out ....

S.I will update and improve and fix the bugs when the full version comes out ....

The demo is the full version.....

The demo is the GOLD version of the game. So what you see on the Strawberry demo is what you'll get in the box

Archived