My final game ever on football manager....

was getting my team into the champions league final and winning it.

Ive gave up football manager now due to it getting very boring and it feels like i'm playing a game for 12 hours and not getting anything out of it...i can aim to win the champions league but when i do win it what happens i get a little message and i just think 12 hours of my time is put into one game and i get a few little messages saying well done!!

for me to buy another version of football manager they will have to have a gamble and change it big time like people have been saying start off in the youth team and work your way up to the top. I know people dont like this idea but i would also like us to get something from our money eg buy a football club...its something they could put in and if you want to use it you can use it but if you dont you dont have too.

*Just snapped football manager 2007, 2008 and 2009

Thanks for all the fun times but ive got fed up of paying 30 quid for the same game every year.

Why do people care about messages so much? You won it. Just be happy about that. Go get a cookie or something to celebrate.

Hahahaha exactly. Talk about low self esteem man. You should be happy winning the damn thing you shouldn't care what a game does because you won it. How much different will it be if they built a statue for you for example? You'll get a message saying they've built a statue that's all then it'll be forgotten.

Starting a club isn't that good of an idea for a manager game. Then you delve into business strategy sim. It's a game on it's own. Yes it'd be interesting to play especially if you like business sims with a twist but still it's too much to what is an already huge detailed game.

What do you want? Michel Platini to make a personal visit to your house and give you a kiss on each cheek?

Yes, that would give me a chance to a) thank him for being a brilliant footballer and b) punch him in the face.

Ive tried fifa manager and thats why i know the owner bit would be good and maybe football manager should try and make it more fun than trying to make it real..it is a game

stick to fifa then mate,this is football manager where you create your own(maybe) tactic and get great satisfaction year after year as you win everything.i'm loving it there are a few annoying bugs but they can be overlooked.and each version of the game gets better year after year....by the way i'm loving the 3d match engine.

I thought, in the OP's case, the reward would be the personal satisfaction of winning the Champion's League, having little things like the players and board like you for it in their personal info pages, and getting millions in prize money to improve the team and try to do it all again next season?

This is why I love FM and football in general - it's like a soap opera. There's twists, backstabs, highs & lows, moulding a team to play the way you want, having players like Steven Gerrard or Kaka say they think you're the best manager they've ever played under, and some who turn their backs on you and twist the knife when you're on your last chance. It seems people want to rely more and more of what's in front of them rather than use their imagination - press conferences being a prime example of this. ;)

I snapped a disc once entirely by accident. Red Faction if I remember rightly. It still worked even with a crack in it for a while.

Not really sure how you could change it radically. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you want something that looks different, try playing with a reverse sided skin, maybe. :p

I thought, in the OP's case, the reward would be the personal satisfaction of winning the Champion's League, having little things like the players and board like you for it in their personal info pages, and getting millions in prize money to improve the team and try to do it all again next season?

This is why I love FM and football in general - it's like a soap opera. There's twists, backstabs, highs & lows, moulding a team to play the way you want, having players like Steven Gerrard or Kaka say they think you're the best manager they've ever played under, and some who turn their backs on you and twist the knife when you're on your last chance. It seems people want to rely more and more of what's in front of them rather than use their imagination - press conferences being a prime example of this. ;)

Brilliant example Suzie :thup:

So basically what you want is...

A cosmetic game with no reality to it at all where you are given millions to win every trophy, which, upon winning, fireworks go off on your computer while you get messages for a week from elated fans saying that you are there hero, after which you buy a football club and do exactly the same thing from director.

This is in contrast to:

The most realistic and detailed game not just in the football genre, but in any genre, which manages to take you through every emotion from hurt, elation, anger and self-satisfaction, encompassing a careeer path that can take you anywhere. This is in addition to unparalleled accuracy and addictiveness that means that, no matter how much you've achieved, you always come back for more.

FFS man just play Football Director or something...

This just raises the wuestion of the meaning of life, you spend decades working for the man, doing crappy work, just for money to live, and at the end, you just die anyway. So really, you should snap yourself aswell as the FM discs if this is the way you really feel.

Im just loling at the fact that this guy made a thread about not wanting to play FM anymore, while signed into the FM Forums, which is full of die hard FM Fans, and he thought people would agree with him. If you dont like the game you dont have to tell everyone on the internet, stop playing it, why do we care?

I personally just wish my players had more personal problems. No matter how i manage there never seems to be a person who dislikes my management..... i want more conflict, thats what i think was present in the old CM games that they need to bring back.

was getting my team into the champions league final and winning it.

Ive gave up football manager now due to it getting very boring and it feels like i'm playing a game for 12 hours and not getting anything out of it...i can aim to win the champions league but when i do win it what happens i get a little message and i just think 12 hours of my time is put into one game and i get a few little messages saying well done!!

for me to buy another version of football manager they will have to have a gamble and change it big time like people have been saying start off in the youth team and work your way up to the top. I know people dont like this idea but i would also like us to get something from our money eg buy a football club...its something they could put in and if you want to use it you can use it but if you dont you dont have too.

*Just snapped football manager 2007, 2008 and 2009

Thanks for all the fun times but ive got fed up of paying 30 quid for the same game every year.

That sounds like an anger management issue. You could try giving yourself the talk "No Pressure!" followed by lowering your Tempo so you can get the most out of a match day. It also helps if you keep your expectations realistic and pay attention to subtleties.

I would bet my left nacker that he wasn't excited about winning the CL final because he cheated to get there, probably by reloading games, adding managers to sell himself key players and all that kind of thing. Tis a bit of a hollow victory.

Would be much more special if you managed to get to the final 3 seasons ago and lost out to a last minute winner. Then all the messages in the world could not replace the feeling of finally clinching the victory.

Try USM. That was brill. A great shot of the stadium with all the burger bars I'd bought. :o

Would like to see proper 3d visuals of stadium or even 2d as background. Not actual shots but "facegen" kind of stadiums.

Would like one of my manager's office too complete with office sounds. How about one of the changing rooms when picking my team on matchday complete with sound too?

Back on topic though...

This guy is probably Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or some big team everytime.

Sounds like you should go buy FIFA Manager :rolleyes:

.. or buy Kumonmi's "BJ Manager" - the rewards in that game are very "exciting"! LOL

Seriously though, I recently said in these forums that CM10 looks exciting and it could steal FM's crown as FM had started to seem a bit pedestrian, and overcomplicated at the same time. Having just tried CM2007 for comparison FM09 now seems fresh & exciting, although CM0102 still pips it for "playability" in my view. I think the FM10 tactical interface wizard will help push the FM franchise forward in an exciting way, but to adress the OP's point, maybe there could be a special background when you win a trophy for that news item, something exciting and impractical - it will be for occaisional usage after all (a picture of an open top bus being prepared even would be "interesting" and slightly humerous). Also maybe gold / silver stars could be added spmewhere to the basic screen overview indicating success, one per trophy, easily done for the manager's page but if it was always visible in all club screens that would be nice.

Im pants and have won jack so I dont know what the standard FM09 reward is for trophy winning.

Not exactly deal breaker features for me though.

Try USM. That was brill. A great shot of the stadium with all the burger bars I'd bought. :o

Would like to see proper 3d visuals of stadium or even 2d as background. Not actual shots but "facegen" kind of stadiums.

Would like one of my manager's office too complete with office sounds. How about one of the changing rooms when picking my team on matchday complete with sound too?

Back on topic though...

This guy is probably Man Utd' date=' Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or some big team everytime.[/quote']

I like these ideas. If copywrite does not allow then even photos of the town or road signs indicating the venue would be an improvement.

i'd rather they improve the transfer system.

right now i can buy a good player for 10M, him play absolutley terribly then sell him on in january for around 20M EASILY.

nice realism there!

Try having to pay £30M for a player that hasn't played a game in 2 1/2 seasons! Stupid.

Values seem to linked only to CA, PA and club rep. needs looking at.

I would rather have avg rating as the biggest influence on value.

I sometimes get annoyed at not being praised more, let me on the god dam legends list at the club!!!!

Im a long term career gamer, so I get very into it.

My suggestion to the OP, start at a league 2 or lower kind of side and try to get them to the prem, just have to get past the 'starting new game' annoyance.

As a notts county fan ive started in the lower leagues many times...i just cant seem to get into a long game and when i do it just gets messed up after a few years like buying a decent player costs 3 times more than when you first load the game up....and no i dont restart the game because what would be the point in that

I really dislike two things about the fans of this game.

People who rant about the game being crappy and those that almost take the game's image hostage saying stuff like "if you do this, im not going to buy it".

Scary threats those.

I agree with all of you, but you need to be more constructive.

No one asked for burger bars or founding a club - one person mentioned it in jest, then everyone suddenly thinks the OP was suggesting all of this.

Quite simply, adding on field celebrations, cheap confetti graphics, a cup presentation etc isnt much to ask for. Also getting messages in game for a week would be nice too with more links to your history at the club over time. It seems there is a distinct lack of continuation between seasons in FM.

Too many times in past FM's ive won a cup and it wasn't even shown in the text or 2d/3d highlights and it's a bit of a come down and quite frankly dissapointing.

Si have a realistic match engine - but they should start to push the envelope a little imo. People who think the games fine as is do not help SI bring the game and the genre forward.

Imo football sims are one of the few games where there hasnt been any decent technological advancement in terms of AI and Graphics - quite dissapointing really - especially when you look at what some of the other genres have done.

i can see where this guy is coming from sort off as i to wouldnt mind managing a club under 18s etc

but....... fm is a drug and 1 i will never be able to give up ever since i began playing football manager 2005 and i never will after playing a game on fm2006 and winning newcastles first trophy in 37 years!!! i have never celebrated an extra time winner like it and that feeling in any video game cannot be duplicated and to this day i havent won a major trophy with my beloved toon :(

well cosmetic game is better than this:

* 100 of bugs that never got repaired,yes buy a new version if you want some repaired, others will get trough to fm 10 ( like corner bug from 08 got to 09, just an example).

* Unstable game due to bad coding/scripting.

* Wait 6 months after the game came out before the game is playable.

* 10 years ahead the big clubs pays 20 mill. £ for a 36 yrs player and buys players that are completely worthless.

* Bad regens..

* many injuries coded so it hits one area..if its strikers then you will have injured strikers next 5 games...

and all this if you are lucky not to get a "Crash Dump".

Enjoy the most realistic game......

well cosmetic game is better than this:

* 100 of bugs that never got repaired,yes buy a new version if you want some repaired, others will get trough to fm 10 ( like corner bug from 08 got to 09, just an example).

* Unstable game due to bad coding/scripting.

* Wait 6 months after the game came out before the game is playable.

* 10 years ahead the big clubs pays 20 mill. £ for a 36 yrs player and buys players that are completely worthless.

* Bad regens..

* many injuries coded so it hits one area..if its strikers then you will have injured strikers next 5 games...

and all this if you are lucky not to get a "Crash Dump".

Enjoy the most realistic game......

Despite all these bugs it is the most realistic game. It's definitely better than anything else I've tried and I've tried them all. Surely you can appreciate how hard it is to make a game like this..

Keep in mind that the game world is so dynamic, the developers need to basically look into the future when writing the code. It's a bit too much to ask of them.

Let's remember that SI have the only game in this genre on market PT. Eidos are about to create CM which is more innovative so far, better? we will see.

But because you have a "secure" fan base you can still improve your game. FM 09 is basically fm 08 with 3d engine included, and still after 3 patches both ME and 3d is filled with bugs.

*Realistic can be discussed. I have never in RL seen a gk taking a kick, hitting defender in the back and scoring a self-goal.

*Hard to make. Sure it is but to be frank, this is not Infinity or Aurora engine. Lets take Betsheda and look at their engine (oblivion game). I know it is a completely different game, but is it game more complex and demanding? sure it is. Noone waited 6 months after the release to have a playable game though.

I only ask for a game that can run, for honestly fm 08 and fm 09 for me was a complete waste of money....

lol, bye?

I think it's a brilliant game, sure it's fustrating. But so is a RL match.]]*Hard to make. Sure it is but to be frank, this is not Infinity or Aurora engine. Lets take Betsheda and look at their engine (oblivion game). I know it is a completely different game, but is it game more complex and demanding? sure it is. Noone waited 6 months after the release to have a playable game though.

I only ask for a game that can run, for honestly fm 08 and fm 09 for me was a complete waste of money.... '

FM has to make millions of calculations, sim matches, make transfers for every team in game plus a hell of alot of other stuff. SO 'm sure it's a teeny bit harder to make than a game by Bethesda :\

Cut them some slack for pete sake

You dont like the game? fine. Sell it burn it do whatever, but don't come on the forum ****ing and moaning about it expecting people to give a damn.

Bye it is Point- 05, I can promise you that neither me or my friends are going to buy another SI game.

After the split from Eidos, at first it seemed that FM would be the horse one should bet on, but unfortunately SI turned away from the Engine that was used back then.

SI simply don't offer any fun or value for me anymore. I am glad it does for some though.

Bye it is Point- 05, I can promise you that neither me or my friends are going to buy another SI game.

After the split from Eidos, at first it seemed that FM would be the horse one should bet on, but unfortunately SI turned away from the Engine that was used back then.

Personally SI simply don't offer any fun or value for me anymore. I am glad it does for some though.

Otherwise my experience last 3 yrs.

* FM 07 Java problem. Game could not be installed. had to download a pirated copy to be able to install the game.

* FM 08 Unstable and I got tons of bugs and corrupted save games. SI never finished the game.

* FM 09 Unstable if I could even start a game not getting "crash Dump" file. SI never finished the game.

Honestly I am not a fool to buy another version of frustration.....

Archived