The Official General Discussion Member Of The Quarter

This thread will give everyone a chance to recognise and thank the General Discussion member who they think has brought the most to the forum in the last 3 months.

It can be the most helpful member, the member who has come up with the best suggestions, most interesting threads, anything that you think has added to your enjoyment of the General Discussion forum. However, you must provide a relevant reason for your nominee and, when possible, a link to a relevant thread or threads.

The Rules:

- Members who receive an infraction or warning within the 3 month period are not eligible to become Member Of The Quarter.

- Continuous breaking of forum rules, within this thread, and the member will be banned from nomination and their votes ignored.

- This thread is for nominating ONLY, no discussion about the thread itself. If you have any enquiries PM Neji.

- Removal of posts and said consequences will be at a moderators discretion.

- Please ignore posts which are not for nominations. We don't want this topic being de-railed. Augumentative/pointless posts will be deleted so responding to them is a waste of time.

- You can not vote for yourself :p

- Your vote should be based on the members conduct in General Discussion only.

- You can nominate more than one person but make all nominations sensible. If you vote for more than one, it will give us a bit more variety. We don't want just a two horse race! :)

- The thread has been discussed by the General Discussion mods and they feel it is a way to help create a sense of community

A separate closed poll will be created in the final weeks of each quarter and the ten nominees with most votes will be put forward for Member Of The Quarter.

As we are already in February, retrospective nominations for January will count. The first quarter runs from January 1st 2009 until March 31st 2009.

Happy voting.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is very hard to come up with one, and I have not been on here as much recently as I was before. I will go with ahmufcwafc. He is always on here it seems and always helping users with their enquiries even the repetitive ones like when is the patch out, where is the editor and so on. He has also recently created a helpful links thread. So he gets my vote. :thup:

I'm going to break the trend, and vote for peter-evo

One of the youngest members of the forum, or the regular's at least. Yet he still manages to regularly post, helping many users with a wide range of knowlege about both the actual FM game and computer issues. An example is this thread, post 6.

Despite this, he can still crack the occasional joke:D

Difficult, had my mind made up, but then reading all the post and can't make a choice, but:

- You can nominate more than one person but make all nominations sensible. If you vote for more than one, it will give us a bit more variety. We don't want just a two horse race!

So two it will be:

First nominee (spelling?) - ahmufcwafc, Helpfull memeber with good constuctive post and always trying to make the this place better and easier for others (see this good thread)

Edit. just saw that Neji has given the same example.

Second nominee - Peter Evo for the same reasons as Arsenal 2111 mentioned.

i nominate Jod123, always there when people need help, and quick to answer with useful advice

if we are allowed more than one nomination, i also pick

saulty2805- for being welcoming to new members, and always pointing people in the right direction, as well as his advice and his shared experiences

havnt made many friends on here due to my differences in opinion so its hard for a third choice, so i will pick neijl, because he does a good job being a mod and pounces on offensive posts, duplicate threads as well as often contributing his thoughts

It is very hard to come up with one, and I have not been on here as much recently as I was before. I will go with ahmufcwafc. He is always on here it seems and always helping users with their enquiries even the repetitive ones like when is the patch out, where is the editor and so on. He has also recently created a helpful links thread. So he gets my vote. :thup:

As we can now vote for more than 1, I will add in 2 more even though I could easily add in several but I will limit myself. :D

Anyway HuwFlet and ftg87 for reasons like I said about ahmufcwafc above. They are on here a lot and are always willing to give advice and answer other members questions.

This isnt easy and im gonna try not just to list everyone who nominated me:o

Jod, Ahmufcwafc - Because there things I dont know and when I dont one of them will have the answer.

PeterEvo - Most of the kids come one moan, Peter is helpful and more more mature than most of the posters. Always helpful and willing to admit if he is wrong.

Skorp - She has the most legendary thread locking skills of any mod I have met.

Neji - Will always be there out of "work hours" to clean up the late nite drivel

No mod has an easy job but they are our mods. Gillsman come back we miss you aswell :(

Captain Planet - He showed us the way with his FAQ's just a shame people dont read them :(

Sciag - He started the best debate thread I have seen in my short time on these forums and is helpful chap as well.

If I have missed you off your wonderful too but I cant nominate the whole forum......

Or Can I?>

Is this just a pat each other on the back thread? trying to create a sense of community on here? there used to be one, a poor way to reinvigorate it.

I appreciate peoples comments on here, some more than others, and find myself on here very often (too often TBH). I just think that the people who have been nominted so far are all the best posters, and maybe a few more people also. The majority of them get respect most of the time because people realise this! They have more friends on here than most, well, more than me anyway, :( which in itself speaks volumes for the way people value thier opinions.

So in conclusion, my vote(s) go to peter-evo, so young but very polite and helpful which is a rare commodity in anybody his age nowadays, and ahmufcwafc, even though he beats me far to often when trying to point people in the right direction ;) but thats also why i nominate him.

I will vote for

HuwFlet - Just a Legend

Neji - Because he is very patient and does a great job at mod

Nomis07 - Makes me laugh and has a strong character

CP - Makes me laugh and his sarcasm is A*

Jod - Because of his impossible intelligence

Ahmufcwafc - Helpful and puts a lot of time into the forums

[edit] FTG - Just a cool dude

[edit] TheOriginalJez - Very nice lad

[edit] FeedTheGoat - Helpful member of the community :)

[edit] Nepenthez: A forum veteran that hasn't lost his helfulness :)

There are more but these are my top one's

Archived