What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, SI, the USL, PDL, and CSL in FM09. The Southern and Ryman Leagues are unnecessary. There are enough English tiers in the game. There's only the MLS. I can't find any jobs as an umemployed Canadian manager. And MLS teams have feeder club teams in the USL, PDL, and CSL. I want 'true' LLM in the US and Canada.

I would love to see the Southern and Ryman Leagues added.

Is that because the hatters are heading there ? :D

Please, SI, the USL, PDL, and CSL in FM09. The Southern and Ryman Leagues are unnecessary. There are enough English tiers in the game. There's only the MLS. I can't find any jobs as an umemployed Canadian manager. And MLS teams have feeder club teams in the USL, PDL, and CSL. I want 'true' LLM in the US and Canada.

What if people want "true LLM" in England ?

What if people want "true LLM" in England ?

There's only one tier in the game in the US compared to 6 English tiers, and realistically it is easier to research a second tier US league than a 7th or 8th tier English league.

Yes and that one tier is only really just getting off the ground so it's probably best not to get ahead of yourself just yet.

I just think that since the USL/PDL/CSL teams have the players who have at least similar quality as League 1 to Conference North/South, it should be in FM09. And SI has all the data on those leagues already so it's just making those leagues playable.

I honestly don't care if more leagues are added or not. Perhaps a few South American leagues.

lol at the thought that it would be easier to research the MLS second tier than the BSPN/S. There are far more supporters of the top English non-league teams than MLS 2 teams.

*probably

I just think that since the USL/PDL/CSL teams have the players who have at least similar quality as League 1 to Conference North/South

Actually, USL would be alot easier to manage - there is no real draft system (not anymore), fairly lax restriction on foreigners, no allocations. No buying/seliing - only trading. The player quality became alot better - most teams a quite a bit stronger than they were even 5 years ago since USL can pay to MLS rejects more sometimes.

USL first division is about level with some lower Championship teams and the top League 1 teams. USL-2 is on par with League two, maybe lower league 1. Plus, there are already stats for all the players, the leagues just need to be made playable. As GoGa said, the league is way less complex than MLS is.

@buzzing_hornet - the USL leagues have been established and have had a foot-hold far longer than MLS has. The teams are doing well. USL-1 teams are starting to build 10k-15k seater stadiums. Things are looking up for LL football in the US.

I completely agree with you, the USL leagues is a must.

I think there's enough South American teams. SI should look to add a couple more in Central America. Looking at league strength, you'd probably say the Costa Rican league needs to be there, but i'd LOVE to the El Salvador league added. If i had to only chose one, that would be it. Hopefully one day it happens :)

They can add all the leagues they want if they make the game much faster so we can have them active.

There are many threads asking for new leagues but honestly how many of you have ever managed a team from India ?

I once managed Bengally Sports Bank or what ever they were called and then got another job at an equally randomly named team. I also agree with you tho why add more leagues when I only realised the Belarus league was playable the other day.

Those leagues would attract a bigger market.

I don't think they are of a better playing standard though.

Of course they are, good players from South American leagues end up going there. Thats why the leagues are of a better quality. Plus all good Middle Easter players stay there, these players are good enough to play in the top European leagues but they have no reason to since they are stars in the Middle East and get a good pay already and if they went to a top European league they would be just be another player.

Of course they are, good players from South American leagues end up going there. Thats why the leagues are of a better quality. Plus all good Middle Easter players stay there, these players are good enough to play in the top European leagues but they have no reason to since they are stars in the Middle East and get a good pay already and if they went to a top European league they would be just be another player.

IMO, the South American leagues are better in terms of talent, and have higher quality teams. The only reason that you see good players from other parts of the world go and play in the Middle East is for the $$$$$. It's as simple as that.

They can add all the leagues they want if they make the game much faster so we can have them active.

There are many threads asking for new leagues but honestly how many of you have ever managed a team from India ?

India is a market of 1 billion, whereas Ryman clubs are a market of 10000-15000 at best. What makes more business sense for SI?

because its not such a low market you make out as only people who support the club will manage them me and a lot of others would be happier manageing in lower levels of the english league than india or a usa league that has no promotion or relegation

because its not such a low market you make out as only people who support the club will manage them me and a lot of others would be happier manageing in lower levels of the english league than india or a usa league that has no promotion or relegation

I want to manage in the U.S, but with the USL Divisions instead of MLS. I think that would be loads of fun, about the same quality as the MLS, just less money around and no odd draft system. Probably wouldn't cost much to get licenses either. The league gets around 3k people (For some of the lesser teams, new teams and ***** teams like Seattle) to 10-13k like Portland and Montreal. Which I do believe is more than a lot of the lesser European teams..., like the Welsh Premier and some of the Slavic countries, etc...

Iranian league. We made it to the Club world Cup

We got one of the biggest Arenas Azadi Stadium that is always filled with Red Perspolis(Persepolis) fans to the max.

The derby betweeen Esteghlal and Perspolis is one of the worlds biggest derbys.

We got the money we got the fans. so why not the iranian league.

Thing is its down to personal opinion as out of thousands or people who go to watch USL sides howmany will actually buy WSM? personally i couldnt care less what league are put in i dont play that many anyway as i lose intrest in games quite easily as in past month ive had games as Bayern, Shakhtar, Dinamo Moscow and currently im rangers, its just wrong as for the attendence figures bounced arround yea they sound good but the fact is the USA is a county way bigger than all European countries (individually im not sure per square mile if its bigger than europe id hazard a guess at yes) but Soccer is still seen by alot of americans (my dad included) to be ranked down in sports behind the big ones of NBA, NHL, NFL MLB. as far as imconcerned add them all in but if its done by choice you would rather have usa leagues in id rather have english leagues in, the welsh would rather welsh leagues etc.

We certainly need 1 or 2 Middle Eastern leagues in there. It would be an "interesting" experience for many players who would like to take over a team that has lots of money to spend on players (and usually 2-3 really good ones, mixed with the local boys <=== get this implimented somehow) and tring to sign good but mostly unambitious players who chase $$$.

First divisions for these leagues would suffice for the moment. Also based on SI's observation of quality of research, expand divisions available for countries where you saw ratings/reserach to have been of very high quality. Reward the researchers, and expand LLM games further.

USL first division is about level with some lower Championship teams and the top League 1 teams. USL-2 is on par with League two, maybe lower league 1. Plus, there are already stats for all the players, the leagues just need to be made playable. As GoGa said, the league is way less complex than MLS is. Things are looking up for LL football in the US.

USL 2nd division, so I could play our local side, Cleveland City Stars. I realize that this is unlikely, but CCSUltra is very correct--the quality of USL2 is surprisingly good. At least as good as UK Conference level.

Other than that, I would love to see Ghana's top league in FM. A friend visited that country recently and brought back a load of newspapers, which really whetted my appetite. I'm very eager to test my managerial skills in Ghana!

J-League would be the only one I would even consider playing in.

agree.....egypt,algerian,nigerian,cameroon's league...so europe club have more to pick from :)

and New Zealand league....Thai....China....

It seems like the ones most wanted are:

Lower level English leagues

USL1&2, PDL

J-League

Lower Welsh Leagues

Seeing as I think it is Konami owns the rights to J-League, can't see that happening. USL would be fairly simple, and would get plenty of researchers (I know loads that would help out for Timbers). I don't really know about the lower level English leagues, but I do know that at least some of the lower WPL clubs would be hardput to find researchers for their squad, although I'm sure there would be a league researcher who could fill that in.

The Leicestershire Church League! LOL all joking aside... I think it would be awesome in a few years time if FM had the leagues just below Conference North and South. That would be a real rags to riches challenge! Someone with a ground capacity of about 300 and a wage budget of £800, bring it on :p

Anyone remember a few years ago, you could manage an American A-League side as well as the MLS teams? Im not sure what everyone else thinks of the idea but i believe it would be good if the USL 1st and 2nd Division were added in as playable leagues in FM09. At the moment the following teams are playing in the USL 1st Division:

Atlanta Silverbacks

Carolina Railhawks

Charleston Battery

Miami FC

Minnesota Thunder

Montreal Impact

Portland Timbers

Puerto Rico Islanders

Rochester Rhinos

Seattle Sounders

Vancouver Whitecaps

and within the next few years, the following two teams will also be competing in the USL 1st Division:

Austin Aztex (2009)

Tampa Bay Rowdies (2010)

Ive just spent the last few hours updating all the USL in fm08 just so its up to date in my games even though its impossible to play. I would quite like to have the chance to manage the Rochester Rhinos and even Crystal Palace Baltimore in the USL 2nd Division. The following teams are in the USL 2nd Division:

Bermuda Hogges (Owned by Shaun Goater)

Charlotte Eagles

Cleveland City Stars

Crystal Palace Baltimore (Owned by Crystal Palace)

Harrisburg City Islanders

Pittsburgh Riverhounds

Real Maryland Monarchs

Richmond Kickers

Western Mass Pioneers

Wilmington Hammerheads

I would like this to be included in the game as I love managing in the MLS in FM08. It's good to see that you have shown that you are very interested in this by researching all the names of the teams and that you have spent the last few hours updating the FM08 database.

since there is no promotion to the MLS I can't see this happening (bit like the state leagues here in Australia).

i've seen a couple of guys build multi-tier American leagues with those clubs, that might be your best bet

Archived