Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Mobile - Headline Features


Recommended Posts

FM21 Mobile New Headline Features

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What a great list of new features. It's most of the wishlist that regularly does the rounds here. Thanks for the update and well done to the FMM team for putting all this together. Can't wait to play the new edition. 

 

Quick question - has anything been added to address the points often raised about game difficulty and AI competence? 

Edited by passenger58
Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the new features for the game and the 3 new nations to manage in you's all have done a great job! :)

 

Has their been any new leagues added to the existing nations on the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

Quick question - has anything been added to address the points often raised about game difficulty and AI competence? 

There is ongoing balancing of the AI and such within the game which has happened - it's not really a 'feature' but hopefully the squad balancing for AI teams will be somewhat better this year amongst other things (while at the same time hopefully not making the game impossible for newcomers).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally! And some good news, can't wait for it to come out. 

On another note, is there been any change to how manager reputation works? I like to start unemployed journeymen saves and tbh I rarely find any difference between unknown, local or regional, only at national it seems to bring a difference in offers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hildor said:

On another note, is there been any change to how manager reputation works? I like to start unemployed journeymen saves and tbh I rarely find any difference between unknown, local or regional, only at national it seems to bring a difference in offers. 

In FMM the manager reputation has a fairly big effect - when you take over a club (or sign new players) it partially determines reactions to you and how tolerant people are of your approach.

So if you go in as an unknown at Manchester United expect players to be less patient with you and indeed some might grumble at you being appointed full-stop .... similarly you might find players being a little more pushy for new contracts or it difficult to attract top-flight players because they're not convinced you'll amount to much.

In reverse if you're a big name manager joining a smaller club then you might find yourself indulged more and able to attract bigger name players because of the status you bring to the situation.

I've tried to make this more apparently each iteration - improving the way the news represents this and how it shows up on players profiles etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern is the player / media interactions,  will morale have a big effect like it can in PC version ? Hope not. Tactics and transfers is the backbone of FMM, hope we dont have to spend more time on morale then those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

In FMM the manager reputation has a fairly big effect - when you take over a club (or sign new players) it partially determines reactions to you and how tolerant people are of your approach.

So if you go in as an unknown at Manchester United expect players to be less patient with you and indeed some might grumble at you being appointed full-stop .... similarly you might find players being a little more pushy for new contracts or it difficult to attract top-flight players because they're not convinced you'll amount to much.

In reverse if you're a big name manager joining a smaller club then you might find yourself indulged more and able to attract bigger name players because of the status you bring to the situation.

I've tried to make this more apparently each iteration - improving the way the news represents this and how it shows up on players profiles etc.

Hey Marc i still don’t understand Really is so hard to put option like Manager  Answer press Conference Media before starting match I think this is gonna give team morale before they start playing

 

Ps.I Love New Features...With this have make me forget 3D match engine Lol

Great Job Guys 

Edited by Engjell7
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

In FMM the manager reputation has a fairly big effect - when you take over a club (or sign new players) it partially determines reactions to you and how tolerant people are of your approach.

So if you go in as an unknown at Manchester United expect players to be less patient with you and indeed some might grumble at you being appointed full-stop .... similarly you might find players being a little more pushy for new contracts or it difficult to attract top-flight players because they're not convinced you'll amount to much.

In reverse if you're a big name manager joining a smaller club then you might find yourself indulged more and able to attract bigger name players because of the status you bring to the situation.

I've tried to make this more apparently each iteration - improving the way the news represents this and how it shows up on players profiles etc.

Ah yes, but I meant when it comes to job offers. For example, I remember in FMM20, starting unemployed, getting a job at Bastia in French 4th tier, taking then to Europa League and my manager reputation only got to regional, only clubs interested in me where from 3rd and 4th tier. In real life a manager achieving success like that would surely get the attention of top flight clubs. 

I did a lot of unknown rep saves and find that, until you get to national rep, first tier clubs are pretty much oblivious to your existence.

Manager rep seems to work as you described when taking a club from the start but when it comes to journeyman saves it seems a bit unrealistic, but I'll surely test it heavily in the 21 edition :)

Edited by Hildor
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hildor said:

I did a lot of unknown rep saves and find that, until you get to national rep, first tier clubs are pretty much oblivious to your existence.

In all honesty I can't say 100% what improvements are like in this regard - there have been some tweaks done, but in my own gameplay I tend to be a one team manager so I'm reliant on feedback in this regard.

If you find there are any issues you want addressed there is an 'in-app' feature now where you can send us feedback (and a save game) so you can help us help you by tweaking things :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

In all honesty I can't say 100% what improvements are like in this regard - there have been some tweaks done, but in my own gameplay I tend to be a one team manager so I'm reliant on feedback in this regard.

If you find there are any issues you want addressed there is an 'in-app' feature now where you can send us feedback (and a save game) so you can help us help you by tweaking things :D

Oh really? I'll surely use that, already planned my first unknown rep unemployed save, so I'll be testing it from the start 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

This is more appealling than fmt now 😍

I thought the same. Player interaction looks to be far more in depth on fmm. It looks like the best parts of FMT have been included 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the new tactical and set peace features only be in the EME or will they be available to use the OME as well.

Also can you hand control of arranging pre-season friendlies over to your assistant if you dont wish to be prompted to set them up at the start of each season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheHurricane said:

Will the new tactical and set peace features only be in the EME or will they be available to use the OME as well.

Also can you hand control of arranging pre-season friendlies over to your assistant if you dont wish to be prompted to set them up at the start of each season.

New UI is present on all match engines - however the detailed instructions are EME only.

The friendlies will pre-arrange same as always - just now you can cancel and arrange different ones if you prefer.

The idea of ALL features in the mobile game are to NOT slow down the gameplay, but to add options and enjoyment for people who are interested in them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pricing remains unchanged at £8.99/$8.99/€9.99 except for in territories where Apple has changed their tier pricing (these changes will be mirrored for Android).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, truereddevil92 said:

Really excited about all the new features but slightly disappointed that you can't select more than 4 playable nations at the start.

There are lots of technical reasons why we're restricted to 4 nations at present - as older devices 'age out' it is possible this might increase in the future*, but we obviously want as many people as possible to be able to play the game.

*ie. not this years game, but perhaps a future version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

There are lots of technical reasons why we're restricted to 4 nations at present - as older devices 'age out' it is possible this might increase in the future*, but we obviously want as many people as possible to be able to play the game.

*ie. not this years game, but perhaps a future version.

Completely understand. I'll be buying it every year so I look forward to it when it happens. 

Just looking forward to the release of Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition now. 

Edited by truereddevil92
Link to post
Share on other sites

The new features look excellent, looking forward to trying out the new tactics!

I stopped playing FM a few years ago due to not having enough time and "re-discovered" it through FMM this year. It suits me perfectly and I love the the fact I can just pick it up and play whenever.

Really excited to play the new version, especially being able to play in the Libertadores!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, casperzwaart100 said:

Did there anything change about the filosophy's of the team, for example Wolves with Portuguese players and Ajax with young players?

At present no - although the manager in charge of a team will obviously be biased by his knowledge and nationality (so an Italian manager may sign more Italian players etc.).

Language skills are present in FMM for the first time this year also which obviously affects such things also (its an important part of the squad dynamics as its harder to be friends with someone if you can't speak to them after all ;) ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At present no - although the manager in charge of a team will obviously be biased by his knowledge and nationality (so an Italian manager may sign more Italian players etc.).

Language skills are present in FMM for the first time this year also which obviously affects such things also (its an important part of the squad dynamics as its harder to be friends with someone if you can't speak to them after all ;) ).

Oh thats great too!

Las question, have the unlockeables changed? Like the editor and the challenges you can buy

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At present no - although the manager in charge of a team will obviously be biased by his knowledge and nationality (so an Italian manager may sign more Italian players etc.).

Language skills are present in FMM for the first time this year also which obviously affects such things also (its an important part of the squad dynamics as its harder to be friends with someone if you can't speak to them after all ;) ).

Interesting. Will the language skills affect the country you get job offers from? Will we be able to choose the spoken languages in manager profile? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any plans to introduce a new unlockable that would allow us to disable the mandatory Minimum Fee Release Clause in Spain?

While I get that it is imitating real life, I'm not a big fan of this rule and would like the option of disabling it the way that things like transfer windows and work permit restrictions can be disabled via unlockables. 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, passenger58 said:

Are there any plans to introduce a new unlockable that would allow us to disable the mandatory Minimum Fee Release Clause in Spain?

While I get that it is imitating real life, I'm not a big fan of this rule and would like the option of disabling it the way that things like transfer windows and work permit restrictions can be disabled via unlockables. 

Thanks

Not at present - not least because ... err ... up until now no one had suggested it ;)

(I'll add it to my list of things to consider for the future, it's on page 82 :D )

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hildor said:

Interesting. Will the language skills affect the country you get job offers from? Will we be able to choose the spoken languages in manager profile? 

At present no - the human manager is presumed to be multilingual and it doesn't adversely affect your job offers etc.

(this is purely because it'd be frustrating otherwise and I could see it being a 'pain' trying to input languages at game startup on small screen devices etc. ... players will start with their expected known languages however and learn them going forward)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Not at present - not least because ... err ... up until now no one had suggested it ;)

(I'll add it to my list of things to consider for the future, it's on page 82 :D )

Haha. Fair enough. I've been stung in the past by losing talented, young players whose values have suddenly shot up so I haven't noticed their clause is too low. Irritates me to the point that I very rarely play as a Spanish club these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

I play all three versions and these new features for FMM look great. Last years game I thought was excellent. These features have again taken it up a notch - Hopefully whilst still remaining quick to play. 

As is always the case with the mobile game - all the features are designed to not slow the game down and allow for speedy play, you CAN browse its depth if you want to and perhaps gain a slight advantage from doing so ... but its not needed in order to enjoy the product.

(and most of the features are designed to be 'brought' to you when its appropriate to do so, ie. interaction via. news items etc.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

Is XG in this like the others?

xG isn't in Football Manager Mobile at this time, perhaps next year if it proves popular in the other products ... but I think the features we chose to implement work well in the game and add to the gameplay without slowing down the speed of play (which is vital for a mobile product).

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

xG isn't in Football Manager Mobile at this time, perhaps next year if it proves popular in the other products ... but I think the features we chose to implement work well in the game and add to the gameplay without slowing down the speed of play (which is vital for a mobile product).

Fair enough!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Alper Kocman said:

Add past meetings menu please ❤️ Very important 👍🏻👍🏻

This isn't in the mobile game at the moment because it'd be a memory/space hog and we support as wide a range of devices as possible (as older devices go obsolete it will eventually be possible to add things like this in).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Marc

Seriosly really was hard work to add Option Of Talking On Media Before Every Matched Started...Im 100% that not will cost anything that Every Match Be in Conference Of Media 

1:This will encourage Team Before Match Started,and will push them to Play hard in every march

2.Morale that Every Player will need to Grow for Good words that say for them in Media

U can add 10 or 15 options that manager answer questions of media this will not coast or slowing database im pretty sure

I really hope that you and your staff take this argument as a basis and to get an answer for that.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2020 at 21:18, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Wow 🤩 the new features look incredible.

Have there been any updates to the in game editor this year? Considering it’s the same price as the game it hasn’t been touched / improved for a number of years now.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Since this is the only comment that’s been ignored I assume once again there’s been no improvements to the editor.... :/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Engjell7 said:

Seriosly really was hard work to add Option Of Talking On Media Before Every Matched Started...Im 100% that not will cost anything that Every Match Be in Conference Of Media 

There will never be pre-match press conferences before every match in Football Manager Mobile - that would slow down the gameplay too much and can get very repetitive imho, as such I don't think that style of play suits the mobile game.

It is possible that at some point in the future (FMM22, 23, whatever) we might have such things for important matches - but if that happens then they will work differently to the PC title (in a similar manner to how the dynamics in FMM is designed to be more intuitive and easier to understand than the PC products arguably is).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game but there are a couple of things I hope have been addressed.

Can we expect the AI to improve this year from a transfer/team building perspective ? I’ve seen others say, and I agree, that after a couple of years the quality of opposition tends to fall as they don’t replace their best ageing or sold players with similar quality. 
 

Also, I feel it’s far too easy to accelerate the financial power of sides by selling players for big fees and then tweaking budgets to dramatically increase your wage budget allowing you to shop in a much more expensive market. I think the impact of increasing wage budget when reducing transfer budget should be reduced. In real life if Southampton sell a few players for £40m over the years it doesn’t mean they start building a squad with Man United level wages but in the game it’s not far off that impact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...