Will anyone be buying FM21?

6 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I pre-ordered FM21 a few weeks a go from Steam. Do I get the Beta if I buy direct from Steam and also how will I know it is ready to download when they release it?

It just updates it self so it adds the install button

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will not buy it no, to many fouls with this game, 50 shots on target 1 goal opposition have 5 and scores 2, someone trains badley for week after week you talk to them they say they will improve, after a month i warn them by saying if you dont improve youre training i will put you on transfer list, they say yeah i will improve just dont list me, they still train bad i put them on the transfer list and the knock on my office and i have to tell them its becouse of something entirely different becouse there is no option about training or attutude just tactic changes and whatever.  1v1 is ruined wingers shoot at will... my blood is boiling. its a sloppy game made by sloppy developers

10 hours ago, marghat said:

will not buy it no, to many fouls with this game, 50 shots on target 1 goal opposition have 5 and scores 2, someone trains badley for week after week you talk to them they say they will improve, after a month i warn them by saying if you dont improve youre training i will put you on transfer list, they say yeah i will improve just dont list me, they still train bad i put them on the transfer list and the knock on my office and i have to tell them its becouse of something entirely different becouse there is no option about training or attutude just tactic changes and whatever.  1v1 is ruined wingers shoot at will... my blood is boiling. its a sloppy game made by sloppy developers

Well, as this is your first post you obviously have bugged nothing.

I agree with you about the conversations. It is something I have seen myself. My own experience is that I bug things I think need fixing and I have found the SI staff I have communicated with to be friendly and helpful.

Follow bug reporting guidelines and do what is asked of you when they reply and they can attempt to fix things.

As for you other arguments, well is it worth me asking if you have tried to fix things tactically, or do you just send the same formation out in every match and expect it to work? 

Have you tried to alter your tactics to improve your finishing in front of goal? Believe me, many haven't, but that doesn't stop them complaining.

It certainly doesn't excuse abuse of developers, who all work long, hard hours and are passionate about this game. Not sloppy. 

Have to say it, I've been playing 20 yesterday and after 15th or so blocked cross, that went to the corner (wonder if people at SI realise, that sometimes ball gets deflected in the other direction), and my W(s) AGAIN shooting the ball into the post from 0 angle with two uncovered players standing in the box, I thought that I'm ready to break my own rule and buy 21 on the release day, not even wait for a patch. Just to forget FM 20 like a bad dream

So yeah, I'm buying it

3 hours ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Have to say it, I've been playing 20 yesterday and after 15th or so blocked cross, that went to the corner (wonder if people at SI realise, that sometimes ball gets deflected in the other direction), and my W(s) AGAIN shooting the ball into the post from 0 angle with two uncovered players standing in the box, I thought that I'm ready to break my own rule and buy 21 on the release day, not even wait for a patch. Just to forget FM 20 like a bad dream

So yeah, I'm buying it

Lool thats rly what came up to my mind also. Just want to get 21 asap bcs 20 was rly bad, no enjoyment at all. But ye im gonna w8 it out anyway, would be ashame if 21 would be sad also. Hope not though.

If the reviews are positive, and i decide to buy FM21 after beta release, can i use the BETA also, anyone...?

Edited by f.zaarour

9 hours ago, anagain said:

Well, as this is your first post you obviously have bugged nothing.

I agree with you about the conversations. It is something I have seen myself. My own experience is that I bug things I think need fixing and I have found the SI staff I have communicated with to be friendly and helpful.

Follow bug reporting guidelines and do what is asked of you when they reply and they can attempt to fix things.

As for you other arguments, well is it worth me asking if you have tried to fix things tactically, or do you just send the same formation out in every match and expect it to work? 

Have you tried to alter your tactics to improve your finishing in front of goal? Believe me, many haven't, but that doesn't stop them complaining.

It certainly doesn't excuse abuse of developers, who all work long, hard hours and are passionate about this game. Not sloppy. 

I have two different tacticts agains strong teams and weak normal teams, anyway when i always get 30 shot om goal and the strikers with 17 finishing and 18 composture manahes to miss an open goal it aint right. I have a world class keeper and two world class stoppers and with their 5 shots usually they at least one goal from them, either from a ronaldo volly shoot or an easy shoot thats just pass by my super keeper.. it dosnt feel like managing a team more like exploiting game mechanics. 

Alot of work needs to be done and instead of adding bs social media that just repeats itself they should be working with the match engine, and also the social aspect where you cant really dicipline players becouse of the conversation options you can give them is just awful.

Also down in vanorama players play lile either garbage when you lose or ronaldo when you win

6 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Skipping this one. Improvements look to be in all the places that did not need improving. 

Press conferences and player interactions were one of the biggest areas that needed improving, hence why people always skip them. 

These improvements bring people back in, and get people enjoying them features again.

7 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Press conferences and player interactions were one of the biggest areas that needed improving, hence why people always skip them. 

These improvements bring people back in, and get people enjoying them features again.

Nice of you you to speak for the masses but I don't. I skip them because I don't want them in any way shape or form.

"Assumption is the mother of all..."

I'm waiting to see what feedback is like on the match engine, more than anything. I played FM20 loads after a roughly 10 year hiatus from FM and despite spending ages on it, a few things really frustrated me, particularly when playing as a 'big' team (BVB): -

- It was too easy for lesser teams to kill matches by dominating possession in their own third/penalty area - centre backs and goalkeepers racking up 100+ passes and a team completing 700+ happened way too regularly, despite fairly aggressive pressing. And being less aggressive made no difference - they just passed it around endlessly 10 yards further up the pitch.

- Despite this, winning was too easy (generally) - nearly all games would follow a really predictable pattern of the opposition dominating possession, then we score a set piece from nowhere or a winger completes a dribble to the byline and crosses for the opposite winger to score a header. Rinse and repeat, win 5-0 with less than 40% possession but still roughly 20 shots.

- Playing any formation with an AMC was effectively playing with 10 men.

- Perhaps connected to the above, there was literally zero play through the middle - every opportunity came from the wings.

- Creating/tweaking tactics was more about trying to stop wasting possession than finding solutions to break teams down - making seemingly nonsensical changes to stop full backs from endlessly crossing, for example.

So, we'll see how it goes.

Every year, exploit tactics that make no sense are doing great while well thought realistic tactics are always mediocre at best. I am tired with this. Why do you care will you ask? well this is supposed to be a "simulation" game and realism is a big factor...