[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

Hi,

May I release a version of your db with NPSL and USASA teams playable? @Uncle_Sam

I've made changes to the db so that you can play friendly as them

also NCAA teams will sometimes join the Open cup starting 2020 in my version

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, this expansion is pretty awesome. I'm an FC Dallas fan that really got into the first season championship run of North Texas SC and it's really great having something that let's me do more with the system than just playing FC Dallas games.

I am running into something that's been game-breaking for me however with the expansion that I don't know how to fix. I've started a new game and have gotten through MLS preseason and into opening weekend just fine. However, I've hit the USL One registration date and for some reason do not have the ability to register a team. As such I'm not really able to progress. I'm not sure if I downloaded some wrong combination of files and unless I missed something I didn't see this pop up as a problem for anyone else in the thread but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a solution?

Thanks

USLL1 Error - Email.png

USLL1 Error - No Registration.png

9 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

This may be a stupid question but I will ask anyway. Do the academy teams still get a youth intake? If so, roughly when does it happen?

The main reason I don't understand this is because of the superdraft.

If i remember correctly it was between December 26th and January 1st

This may be another stupid question, but this seems to be the best place to ask about MLS stuff. Is it possible to make a player currently at the club, a designated player? 

And, yeah, it happened around the 6th. My 'golden generation' was utter crap. 

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

This may be another stupid question, but this seems to be the best place to ask about MLS stuff. Is it possible to make a player currently at the club, a designated player? 

And, yeah, it happened around the 6th. My 'golden generation' was utter crap. 

Yes, youth intakes will definitely be "hit-or-miss". And yes, you can sign a player at your club to a Designated Player contract. Some players it will be impossible to keep at your club otherwise.

35 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Yes, youth intakes will definitely be "hit-or-miss". And yes, you can sign a player at your club to a Designated Player contract. Some players it will be impossible to keep at your club otherwise.

I've been trying to get Jordan Morris on a DP contract as he is a high earner but the only options I have contract-wise are Senior or Senior Minimum Salary. Is there minimum requirements?

I apologise as this isn't directly related to your files but you seem to know a lot about the MLS in general.

14 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I've been trying to get Jordan Morris on a DP contract as he is a high earner but the only options I have contract-wise are Senior or Senior Minimum Salary. Is there minimum requirements?

I apologise as this isn't directly related to your files but you seem to know a lot about the MLS in general.

No need to apologize. Do you have any players signed to DP contracts at this time?

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

The only dp I have at Miami is Pellegrini. He is classed as a young dp I think. 

That is odd, the sad reality is that the MLS rules are difficult to code for SI. I'll try a couple of things in my current save and see if I can figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Uncle Sam... 

quick question.. if u play a low leaves team in another country let’s say England level 14 is it possible to sign MLS former academy players once they get release or I think that they would only go to Canadian teams? Just wondering if this was possible?

On 18/07/2020 at 14:56, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam... 

quick question.. if u play a low leaves team in another country let’s say England level 14 is it possible to sign MLS former academy players once they get release or I think that they would only go to Canadian teams? Just wondering if this was possible?

I honestly don't know why that wouldn't be possible. It might even be possible to sign away MLS Academy players while they're still with the Academy. Obviously most countries won't allow the transfer to go through until they're 18, but I know you can agree to terms with players from US Academies that aren't MLS-affiliated.

15 hours ago, Enzo_ said:

Is there a version of the db without the ncaa?
I love to be able to play american teams but the ncaa just bloats everything up

The issue for me is simply time. With each release what I have to do is go and remove all of the NCAA teams, competitions, awards, etc, and then remove the advance rules. It's quite a process.

Update: Version 3.8

Change List

-Charlotte FC rebrand included

-Changes to the NCAA schedule process made by @ryzyi (sincere gratitude for all the work he has put in there)

Notes:

I did NOT try to recreate the MLSisBack tournament. My file pretends that the interruption in the league due to the Covid pandemic never happened. I also am aware that Charlotte, Sacramento, and Saint Louis have all delayed their entering the league. I tried to make this work but got a crash every time. The issue is with the 2021 season when MLS will have 27 teams. There is some bizarre hard coding with the league and the competition stages with MLS  so I hope that I will be able to make it work come FM2021 but right now it doesn't seem possible.

Download (Opening Post updated):

USA Expansion 3.8 DB File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q8u32pxius94m6m/001_USA_Expansion_3.8.fmf/file

USA Graphics 3.8  File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lh4l2dpidj0cibz/USA_Expansion_3.8_Graphics.rar/file

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Haven't Charlotte very recently announced theirs? 

1652353224_charlottefclogoinfo.thumb.png.446dd2b7d8610a5a459a3f923e3cb1d4.png

My latest  update reflects the branding. For now, I've just rebranded the Charlotte Independence. Trying to create a new club is a bit of a headache and creates issues in a save that affect gameplay.

13 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

1652353224_charlottefclogoinfo.thumb.png.446dd2b7d8610a5a459a3f923e3cb1d4.png

My latest  update reflects the branding. For now, I've just rebranded the Charlotte Independence. Trying to create a new club is a bit of a headache and creates issues in a save that affect gameplay.

So the new team (in real life) isn't Charlotte Independence? I don't know why, but I always assumed it was.

In real life, Charlotte Independence is a separate team that plays in the USL.  Charlotte FC will be a brand new team that will join MLS in 2022.

I don't know for sure but I assume when 2022 comes around, both Charlotte FC (MLS) and Charlotte Independence (USL) will both be playing.

Edited by dim13

By the way, big time props to @ryzyi. One of the issues we had was getting the NCAA D1 Soccer to show the combined (conference and non-conference) results and he solved that issue. He has done great work on this file and it wouldn't be as good without him.

Below is a shot of a save I'm currently playing that shows the combined results after the regular season and just before the conference tournaments:

ETSU25.thumb.JPG.217fbfa927c0ac7e34b05770a9d6b5ce.JPG

Hi, first time posting and playing this game and this thread is huge so my apologies if I overlook anything. Curious if this is something I can upload to FM20 Mobile. Anyone have any experience trying to do that? This US setup looks incredible. Thank you!

9 hours ago, OliverMatt said:

Hi @Uncle_Sam.
Thanks for the great job you have done, even if I would have to ask one thing.
Do all the teams that you have put in the 'US Expansions Team' over the years included in one of the leagues or some remain without a league to play?

Yes.. I believe the Expansion teams join their leagues either in round 1 or round 2

3 minutes ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

What are the leagues that we should add for a best gameplay on concacaf? Mexico, Costa rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, , Panama, Honduras?

The qualification from cfu and concacaf league is ok?

i believe Jamacia is also another one...

Em 06/08/2020 em 11:32, abirdc disse:

Silly question. You said you have added a number of central America and Caribbean leagues. But I can't seem to find those leagues in the download section.

Yeah, Central American leagues are nowhere to be seen despite being mentioned in the first post description.

I downloaded the USA Expansion 3.8 DB File from the first post in the thread, fixed the appropriate folders as instructed in the installation instructions, but none of the MLS expansion teams have been loading in my game even up to 2022. Anyone have any tips on how to trouble shoot this? I was hoping to play with the STL expansion team.

9 minutes ago, Montes said:

I downloaded the USA Expansion 3.8 DB File from the first post in the thread, fixed the appropriate folders as instructed in the installation instructions, but none of the MLS expansion teams have been loading in my game even up to 2022. Anyone have any tips on how to trouble shoot this? I was hoping to play with the STL expansion team.

Never mind, figured it out! I apologize for the spam

Hi all, don't know if anyone's interested, but I've just posted an update to my Club Banners/Adboard mod, and it includes about 58 American clubs, including all of the MLS and multiple lower-division teams. It also includes all of LigaMX, as well as multiple other higher-reputation squads from Central America and the Caribbean that you may come across in the CONCACAF Champions League. Also has all of the Argentine Primera Division, Brazilian Serie A, and many other Copa Libertadores-type teams. As always, this mod doesn't replicate exact adboards or advertisements there, but does reflect some of each team's support, banners, and colors. I had wound up managing a few seasons with Oakland Roots, and it added a bit of flavor to the experience. Away games are much more fun to look at, anyway.

Screenshots below, and for information on the mod just head over to the Skinning department. Hopefully some of you may find it fun; don't mean to hijack this thread, so any questions/comments about it should be left over there, thanks!

https://community.sigames.com/topic/526957-fm-20-mod-custom-club-banners-and-fan-adboards-for-match-engine-release/

Examples:

Atlanta Utd (TV view)

FKH6kQv.jpg

Inter Miami (behind the goal view)

wu0cCHX.jpg

LAFC

BUEEco0.jpg

NYCFC (vertical scrolling view)

62fTgPa.jpg

New Mexico Utd (behind the goal view)

wE7qUSQ.jpg

Detroit City (side view)

JwoFpAC.jpg

El Paso Utd (tv view)

02ptwTS.jpg

Oakland Roots

TNU1EPg.jpg

USL2 Generic adboards

vGe1sXu.jpg

@Uncle_Sam does the file have the cap implemented and can you point to where I can find it in your file? I can find it in the Fixture Rules for the MLS, but not more than just this division has a Wage Cap.

I want to see if it can help me with a few files I am working on.

On 07/09/2020 at 13:39, Wolf_pd said:

@Uncle_Sam does the file have the cap implemented and can you point to where I can find it in your file? I can find it in the Fixture Rules for the MLS, but not more than just this division has a Wage Cap.

I want to see if it can help me with a few files I am working on.

I think Uncle Sam just set the cap rules to the MLS default and the game does the rest. A lot of the rules in the advanced panel are specific to the MLS.

On 10/09/2020 at 22:02, Unknown Hacker said:

I think Uncle Sam just set the cap rules to the MLS default and the game does the rest. A lot of the rules in the advanced panel are specific to the MLS.

Ah of course. Yeah, lots of stuff referring to just MLS and that's it.

Too bad, was hoping for something that I could use for my ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 02:35, Jorgen said:

I know you're trying to be as close to real life as possible, but wouldn't it be far easier to start with a 30 team MLS? Or would that mess up all special rules the MLS has?

Sam, what about this ↑

And what kind of setup (editor files and in game leagues) do you advise to enjoy your DB at its fullest?

(I am going to use SoritouiSI's live update and their fix and probably some of Timo's nations)

Edited by Jorgen

I'm also interested in the 30-team MLS from start (and all the other expansion teams being drafted in lower leagues). The idea of not getting the accurate MLS eventually is pretty terrifying when you engage yourself in a very long term save like me!

I will try to give some look in the editor if I get some time.

Edited by Shenmue-X

• 2 weeks later...