[FM20]USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam

3 hours ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

Is it possible to set up the expansion teams to have the ability to buy in to the MLS like in real life?

I think if you select one of the expansion teams in the drop down menu in the database they join the MLS league in the save

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of questions because I'm dumb. Is there a video guide on how to install this, or is it just move all the .fmf files to editor data and voila? Will this mesh okay with an updated database like from sortitoutsi? Also can you just enable the USL to play with? Or does everything need to be enabled to work correctly? 

2 minutes ago, GoReds1994 said:

I have a couple of questions because I'm dumb. Is there a video guide on how to install this, or is it just move all the .fmf files to editor data and voila? Will this mesh okay with an updated database like from sortitoutsi? Also can you just enable the USL to play with? Or does everything need to be enabled to work correctly? 

I haven't actually tried managing in the MLS with an updated database, but it loads fine with the update that I use. Yeah, copy all .fmf files to editor data, and be sure to select them when starting a new game. All graphics to the graphics folder too.

You can't have just the USL, but you can make that league the lowest playable.

Edited by EnigMattic1

2 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I haven't actually tried managing in the MLS with an updated database, but it loads fine with the update that I use. Yeah, copy all .fmf files to editor data, and be sure to select them when starting a new game. All graphics to the graphics folder too.

You can't have just the USL, but you can make that league the lowest playable.

Thank you. And yeah I didn't mean just the USL, but just adding them as a playable league in addition to MLS. Started a MLS save recently and quit because I forgot that the USL wasn't playable in the default database. 

Here is the USL League 1 including the Rochester Rhinos and as yet to be officially announced Portland United (Portland Maine). They have said that they could have as many as 24 clubs for 2021 another potential expansion candidate is New Hampshire FC but no crest has been released as of yet.

Chattanooga Red Wolves.png

20047510.png

Fort Lauderdale CF.png

72024007.png

Forward Madison FC.png

20047511.png

Greenville Triumph SC.png

20047512.png

New England Revolution 2.png

72022089.png

North Texas SC.png

20047516.png

Union Omaha.png

2272.png

Orlando City B.png

20041349.png

Richmond Kickers.png

2313.png

South Georgia Tormenta SC.png

20041627.png

Toronto FC 2.png

72043492.png

FC Tucson.png

20018930.png

Rochester Rhinos.png

2314.png

Portland United.PNG

cfgGP0z.png

I’m new to playing Football Manager on PC (got this because of the epic games free game week).  I got this database, but I’m a little confused.  I’m playing as a college team, but I’m not sure how to recruit good players for my team. 

When I scout for players, no young players really show up and I don’t know exactly how to look for players that would be eligible for my college team.  

Can anyone help?

Played this month's back and absolutely loved it. Silly Q maybe so please excuse me.... can I start a new save using the 20.4 official update with this expansion pack, or even better, can I use it with the FMTU October 2020 transfer update? https://fmtransferupdate.com/

Or does it only work with the original DB? Thanks all

47 minutes ago, tobybilton1 said:

Played this month's back and absolutely loved it. Silly Q maybe so please excuse me.... can I start a new save using the 20.4 official update with this expansion pack, or even better, can I use it with the FMTU October 2020 transfer update? https://fmtransferupdate.com/

Or does it only work with the original DB? Thanks all

It works with the updates. Well, I've had no problems and I think I'm using that update. 

Thanks @EnigMattic1, have since read through the whole post in my last at hour at work. The updates should be great , I haven't played the US Expansion since Feb so am keen to try the new setup, just with the new Spurs squad romping to the PL in England.... 

Thanks again to @Uncle_Sam for the simply incredible work!

New save starting in Sept 2019 and the Jan 2020 SuperDraft never happened (I think this is a known issue right?).

Is this just hit and miss with the first SD only or will this happen year after year? Once is fine but not every year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2020 at 01:23, Joey Numbaz said:

Hi @Uncle_Sam this is a great add on! I've installed for realism even though I am playing in England. I play with all playable leagues and like 400,000 players. Wanted to add this because I'm from the US and wanted my local USL team Loudoun United to be in this with real rosters and match sims just to watch.

But one weird thing with the International Champions Cup for the summer of 2020. I was invited, as Everton, after finishing 2nd in the EPL during 2019-20.

The schedule is really weird though. It's supposed to run from July 16, through September 2.

But all that has been played for 2020 are 2 games, that were played August 22, which was after the EPL season started and actually postponed one of my regular season EPL games. It's now September 12.

756842979_ScreenShot2020-06-12at1_17_24AM.thumb.png.915842adfdc48df0ededba930754f4a7.png

There are no other games scheduled. The competition just seems to be hanging in purgatory.

But all of the 2019 games still show if I tick the back arrows in this screen shot. So it's like the 2019 never finished, and the 2020 one won't schedule the other games besides the two that were played already.

Wondering a couple of things - if this will ever finish. If not, is there any way for me to just kill this one competition through the editor? Maybe I'm missing something in how it's set up? Thanks for any help!

Just wanted to check on this again to see if anyone has ideas for how to kill this competition. It still shows up every year (I am now in 2025-26) most years only two games get played, it messes with the European schedule because it happens after those seasons start. The prize money doesn’t get paid, even in the rare year where everyone plays a game, etc. it never actually completes the competition or schedules more than one game per team.

Wondering if there is any way to kill it in an existing save?

Edited by Joey Numbaz

I've a megasave with 1 million players, Uncle Sam's pack and some others mods. My ICC is buggy in my first season. Couln't past July 30th 2019 instead of finishing at September 4th so the tournament has no end too.

Edited by Shenmue-X

On 29/10/2020 at 09:45, darkfred93 said:

Hello Uncle_Sam

Thanks for this incredible job !

I have a question :

Do you think it is easy to replace MLS Franchise with NFL franchise ? Or some hard coded things can break the file ?

It is possible,  It's a lot of work though. 

Every year I modified this file to use the NFL structure, MLB structure and a couple of other league structures such as 4 divisions of 8 teams.  All MLS Rules are in place including all of the drafts.

On 08/11/2020 at 01:33, murphbot1204 said:

I'm having an issue with Austin FC logo, where it doesn't replace the Chivas logo. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you using any other logo pack (in addition to Uncle Sam's USA logos)? That might be the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2020 at 08:45, One hell of a keeper said:

Edit managed to download it...however its just come to the roster submit and unable to see a submit button......

20201105161349_1.jpg

20201105161400_1.jpg

I have not seen this issue before, could it be the skin you are using?  BTW, What skin? how do you get the back ground images to work?  I am playing as Cosmos as well, did you set squad manually? Cheers

5 hours ago, meter said:

I have not seen this issue before, could it be the skin you are using?  BTW, What skin? how do you get the back ground images to work?  I am playing as Cosmos as well, did you set squad manually? Cheers

That was my train of thought too - so i tested with various skins and the same outcome :( Hmm im on FM21 atm but will load FM20 up and let you know. So i had to google and find some hi-res images of the stadia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How the NCAA works?

My theory:

NCAA Conference qualifies for NCAA Tournament Conference.

NCAA Tournament Conference qualifies for NCAA D1 Final Tournament.

But in that case, I don't get the purpose of non-conference matches. Spring matches neither. Are they friendlies in disguise?

Edited by Shenmue-X