[FM20] 100 Youth Tournaments: Manage Your Youth Team! - V1.1 NEW Cups (Updated 2/11/20)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Hit a snag with the increasingly frustrating MLS..

But, in the next couple days the big update will be ready for sure, whether I have to kick MLS out or not.

Cool 😎 I should be ready to start a save this week most likely :)

On 20/01/2020 at 15:53, majesticeternity said:

Hit a snag with the increasingly frustrating MLS..

But, in the next couple days the big update will be ready for sure, whether I have to kick MLS out or not.

All of the MLS academy teams are in a division that are split into regions. For example some teams are under the NAL - Frontier Division. 

Adding those divisions instead of the MLS would fix it but other american academy teams will also be available to play in those tournaments now. Not sure if that is something you want.

11 hours ago, endlessthunder said:

In the 1st division elite file, Seoul FC, a professional club is playing in the Jeju international cup, along with other professinal team, when it should be desinated for u23

It works fine with all my tests. You may not have loaded enough nations, so it is picking host senior teams.

feeback on 1.0: Galway cup, along with Dallas cup, supposely a u-23 competition. only allows players under 19;

It turns out that the slection in the scottish league was switched up: the reserves team to the u19 competition, and the u23 team selected to be in the u19 competition

Edited by endlessthunder

Really enjoying this great work, thanks! Something very bizarre going on with the San Marino cup though. Juventus' first team are playing in it in addition to their U18s, despite me having plenty of leagues loaded. All groups are seeing teams play 4 games rather than the stated 3 - everybody else in the group once, and then one of them a second time. And then some cases of 2nd or 3rd going through rather than 1st, and one group showing nobody qualified at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @majesticeternity, thank you for all your work! Your files are amazing! Just wondering, though, if there is any way of making senior team competitions like the ICC not count as competitive, "continental" competitions? It seems weird for appearances and goals in such competitions to count in a player's total stats for the season. They also dilute the statistics accrued in actual continental competitions.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MajesticEternity,

Have these been updated or will they be updated to work with the 20.3.0 version of the game please?

These look amazing and i can't wait to use them in my game.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Dai

On 09/02/2020 at 15:34, Cydver said:

Hi @majesticeternity, thank you for all your work! Your files are amazing! Just wondering, though, if there is any way of making senior team competitions like the ICC not count as competitive, "continental" competitions? It seems weird for appearances and goals in such competitions to count in a player's total stats for the season. They also dilute the statistics accrued in actual continental competitions.

Thanks!

There probably is a way, you can ask on the forums, but I left them as competitions, because friendlies mean your attendances go way down, which takes away alot of the money that should come in, and then players don't care if they play or not, and such. So I'd have to redo several things.

On 06/02/2020 at 01:46, ChrisBones1990 said:

Seems serbian teams dont play in the cups or is that just for the first season.

No, sorry, Serbia doesn't seem big on youth tournaments IRL.

On 28/02/2020 at 16:02, Jorgen said:

Thank you for considering! :)

You're welcome!

5 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

Hi MajesticEternity,

Have these been updated or will they be updated to work with the 20.3.0 version of the game please?

These look amazing and i can't wait to use them in my game.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Dai

They should work correctly, you can try a test save and see how it goes.

all of the save files are unavailable where can i download them?

Which databases should i add for these like countries? Also I have a MLS academy that plays 34 games plus Generation Adidas cup too would it work with your tournament for USA as well?

Edited by Fmfan00

On 02/03/2020 at 12:17, majesticeternity said:

There probably is a way, you can ask on the forums, but I left them as competitions, because friendlies mean your attendances go way down, which takes away alot of the money that should come in, and then players don't care if they play or not, and such. So I'd have to redo several things.

Alright, thanks for your response!

On 03/03/2020 at 01:26, Fmfan00 said:

Which databases should i add for these like countries? Also I have a MLS academy that plays 34 games plus Generation Adidas cup too would it work with your tournament for USA as well?

For the MLS, since they have games and the Adidas, I'd go with something like IberCup and 1st Division Elite. Maybe also the Other Continents' BA and Brazil Cup, to help foster youth from nearby countries...

For countries, depends on your computer's processor and how many you can/want to load. You can just do USA, but you can also add the big countries like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico. or more,  if you want.

41 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

For the MLS, since they have games and the Adidas, I'd go with something like IberCup and 1st Division Elite. Maybe also the Other Continents' BA and Brazil Cup, to help foster youth from nearby countries...

For countries, depends on your computer's processor and how many you can/want to load. You can just do USA, but you can also add the big countries like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico. or more,  if you want.

I just copied all of the tournaments into my data directory... I have 28 nations and 177 leagues so at least the years that my MLS Academy does not have any games we have the GA Cup and the 34 games and then we can add in the other tournaments when our academy club is in them... Majest thanks for your answers

18 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Poor NYC FC Academy in my first save as Montreal Impact Academy they have 34 league games; 4 (Min GA Cup) / 8 Max of round robin games possible 2-3 more if its Quarter finals/ semis and Finals

But I have just included 8 GA Cup games, then he has 5 tournaments for a total of 62 games so far that is crazy lol

I really like your work, but I have a problem and I think it is related to this tournaments. I'm using all the tournaments, playing with Freiburg in Germany. The problem is that I don't have any season break, because the Jeju international football tournament finishes at the end of June. As a result the second team has fixtures until than, preventing the whole team to go on holiday. After that, the pre season of the second team has already begun, meaning that holiday was skipped. As a result holiday dependant events, like the upgrade of training facilities or changing the club visions, never happen (in terms of club vision it is not a huge problem, they change, but you have no input), but in terms of upgrade, this is a problem. I started "Improve Training Facilities" on 2/11/2019 and it hasn't finished on 28/6/2021 and the completion date gets pushed farther behind.

On 06/03/2020 at 08:43, Trogu said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

I’ll have to look into it some more, it works fine in my saves. The J League Cup is supposed to START late June, as in once the new season starts. sometimes not even start till July 1st. 

Have you loaded too many tournaments for the number of leagues you’ve loaded? 

Or do you have other friendlies and tournaments loaded for Germany that interact?

2 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

I’ll have to look into it some more, it works fine in my saves. The J League Cup is supposed to START late June, as in once the new season starts. sometimes not even start till July 1st. 

Have you loaded too many tournaments for the number of leagues you’ve loaded? 

Or do you have other friendlies and tournaments loaded for Germany that interact?

I think I have enough leagues loaded. Is there a problem if most leagues are loaded as view_only? I loaded Germany as playable, all the other countries as view_only.

I don't have any other friendlies or tournaments loaded for Germany that should be interacting, there are some lower leagues cup loaded for Germany, but they are all during the season and I don't think they should interfere.

I have just started a new save to see if the problem is also there. The tournament starts on 30th April 2019, the same date as before. Tomorrow I will try a reinstall of the files, maybe something went wrong while installing.

6 minutes ago, Trogu said:

I think I have enough leagues loaded. Is there a problem if most leagues are loaded as view_only? I loaded Germany as playable, all the other countries as view_only.

I don't have any other friendlies or tournaments 

You can pm me the save you used, along with a screenshot of the other files you used. 

On 09/02/2020 at 23:34, Cydver said:

if there is any way of making senior team competitions like the ICC not count as competitive, "continental" competitions? It seems weird for appearances and goals in such competitions to count in a player's total stats for the season. They also dilute the statistics accrued in actual continental competitions.

As above, any way of changing this? I don't want them to count as competitive tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, are the problems Trogu and Bcentralblue mentioned resolved?

Also, you could add the famous Amsterdam based youth tournaments: the Future Cup and Copa Amsterdam - though the second is probably already included as the Amsterdam Cup (?)

I saw you did include most of these tournaments, well done. You could maybe add the Golden City Cup, the Sirene Cup and some others.

Lastly, FYI you can assign IDs to competition via name, without using the ID and that helps users when they load many tournaments from other creators that change the IDs ingame.

example: <record from="icc" to="graphics/pictures/comp/international champions cup/logo"/>

On 03/03/2020 at 09:26, Fmfan00 said:

all of the save files are unavailable where can i download them?

Hey bro, you miust creat an SI account to download the files :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

These files look amazing but when i look at them in the editor they all give the message 'this file was created in an older version of the database', do they still work on the 20.4.0 database please?

They all show up unverified in the editor and when i go to reverify them i get various different errors from  stage 0 not having enough teams to be created to there not being enough teams qualified for the competition for it to be created and a few others in between.

Are these errors because of the latest database, can they be fixed or will the files work unverified pleae?

i'm really looking forward to using these files when i start playing properly as they make the game feel more complete and it makes having a decent youth team worthwhile.

Many thanks

Dai

On 06/03/2020 at 11:43, Trogu said:

I really like your work, but I have a problem and I think it is related to this tournaments. I'm using all the tournaments, playing with Freiburg in Germany. The problem is that I don't have any season break, because the Jeju international football tournament finishes at the end of June. As a result the second team has fixtures until than, preventing the whole team to go on holiday. After that, the pre season of the second team has already begun, meaning that holiday was skipped. As a result holiday dependant events, like the upgrade of training facilities or changing the club visions, never happen (in terms of club vision it is not a huge problem, they change, but you have no input), but in terms of upgrade, this is a problem. I started "Improve Training Facilities" on 2/11/2019 and it hasn't finished on 28/6/2021 and the completion date gets pushed farther behind.

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I'm playing as Maritimo in portugal and the season never has the squad go on holiday. The "squad end of season break" in the training section just moves onto the next day and never happens. 

I attached a screenshot of the files I'm using. My career save is 13 nations and 22 leagues.

2020-04-20.png

On 10/01/2020 at 11:06, majesticeternity said:

You couldn't select your players from the Academy and move them over?

I tried many ways, and it never would. Possibly I could select by each specific club's Academy, for those that have one.

I know uncles sam has a dB that has academies in it just not playable but they are in it

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2020 at 19:18, Super Bladesman said:

I'm also having the same issue, think for me it was the Lisbon Youth Cup being played with my U18s in June. Could really do with a way of fixing this for an ongoing save, but don't see how it could be done.

It seems a problem with these files. Its a shame as the youth tournaments are a really good idea but these files do break your career saves and longterm games.

Edited by hehehemann

I had a quick look in my logs folder for FM20 and found this txt which shows all the faults with the competitions. I'm not that savvy when it comes to using the editor to fix and test the competitions but it would be great  if someone with more knowledge would take a look and update them for the latest patch or if someone can tell me what I need to do as these are a great idea to have.

comp errors.txt

Hi @majesticeternity

I redownloaded the latest version of the files to make sure i was using the most current version and not the beta version of the files and that's why i was getting the errors that i was.

Unfortunately this is not the case all the files say when you open them in the editor that they were created in an earlier version of the database so i tried resaving them on the latest database myself but keep getting errors everytime i try to verify them so i wonder if changes in the 20.4 database could be the cause of the errors? Would it be possible and not too time consuming to update them to the 20.4 database please?

The errors i am getting apply to multiple competitions in different files, the errors and the specific competitions that were giving me those errors and in which file said competition can be found are below.

In the 1st division B,II,U21's file i get error in nation rules the number of dates set in stage 0 of the competition is 4 but should be equal to 3 with no specific competition named.

The Disney Cup international in the 1st division Elite, B,II,U21's file is giving an error of the number of teams in the competition does not match expected number of team from the ranking  (48 teams out of 32) on january 10th 2019

The Euro Cup Tornooi in the 1st division under 19's all clubs file is giving me the same error as above on the same date error of the number of teams in the competition does not match expected number of team from the ranking  (80 teams out of 64)

The Venezia Cup in the 2nd division file is giving an identical error but a different number of teams possibly as the 2 competitions above on the same date.

The Isar cup in the 3rd division file is giving the the worng number of teams qualified found for competition (20 of 64 required teams) on the same date as the above errors.

The Gothia Cup is giving me an error in nations rules of new stage 0 of said cup cannot find enough teams to be created (48 found, 64 needed).

The Iber Cup file gives me an error in nation rules specific to the Iber Cup Qualifier -Spain of new stage 0 of said cup cannot find enough teams to be created (15 found, 32 needed). i'm not sure if any of the other countries qualifiers are affected too.

The ICC Cup gives me an error in nation rules on 31st may 2019 of the number of teams in the competition does not expected number of team from the ranking  (30 teams out of 25). I'm not sure if the youth team equivalent has the same issue.

The Norway Cup gives me the error of new stage 0 of said cup cannot find enough teams to be created (60 found, 200 needed)

The Mediteranian International Cup is telling me when it gets to january 1st 2020 that there are 0 teams registered for it but on looking at the registered teams section it has the correct number of teams registered for the competition in both 2019 and 2020 and also the qualified teams section has rules set for getting the qualified teams in 2020 rules but not in 2019.

THe Africa Youth Cup in the Other continents file gives me an error in nation rules of the number of teams in the competition does not match the expected number of teams from the ranking  (80 teams out of 64) on the 10th of January 2019 like some of the other competitions, on looking closer at it there are qualification rules set for it to get random teams from team pool but the team pool section is completely empty of teams, could this be the issue in the other files giving the same error?

i can't test any of the other competitions in files with multip[le competitions in them to see if any of the others have any errors aswell as the editor stops verifying once it hits an error.

Many Thanks

Dai

22 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Hi @majesticeternity

I redownloaded the latest version of the files to make sure i was using the most current version and not the beta version of the files and that's why i was getting the errors that i was.

Unfortunately this is not the case all the files say when you open them in the editor that they were created in an earlier version of the database so i tried resaving them on the latest database myself but keep getting errors everytime i try to verify them so i wonder if changes in the 20.4 database could be the cause of the errors? Would it be possible and not too time consuming to update them to the 20.4 database please?

The errors i am getting apply to multiple competitions in different files, the errors and the specific competitions that were giving me those errors and in which file said competition can be found are below.

In the 1st division B,II,U21's file i get error in nation rules the number of dates set in stage 0 of the competition is 4 but should be equal to 3 with no specific competition named.

The Disney Cup international in the 1st division Elite, B,II,U21's file is giving an error of the number of teams in the competition does not match expected number of team from the ranking  (48 teams out of 32) on january 10th 2019

The Euro Cup Tornooi in the 1st division under 19's all clubs file is giving me the same error as above on the same date error of the number of teams in the competition does not match expected number of team from the ranking  (80 teams out of 64)

The Venezia Cup in the 2nd division file is giving an identical error but a different number of teams possibly as the 2 competitions above on the same date.

The Isar cup in the 3rd division file is giving the the worng number of teams qualified found for competition (20 of 64 required teams) on the same date as the above errors.

The Gothia Cup is giving me an error in nations rules of new stage 0 of said cup cannot find enough teams to be created (48 found, 64 needed).

The Iber Cup file gives me an error in nation rules specific to the Iber Cup Qualifier -Spain of new stage 0 of said cup cannot find enough teams to be created (15 found, 32 needed). i'm not sure if any of the other countries qualifiers are affected too.

The ICC Cup gives me an error in nation rules on 31st may 2019 of the number of teams in the competition does not expected number of team from the ranking  (30 teams out of 25). I'm not sure if the youth team equivalent has the same issue.

The Norway Cup gives me the error of new stage 0 of said cup cannot find enough teams to be created (60 found, 200 needed)

The Mediteranian International Cup is telling me when it gets to january 1st 2020 that there are 0 teams registered for it but on looking at the registered teams section it has the correct number of teams registered for the competition in both 2019 and 2020 and also the qualified teams section has rules set for getting the qualified teams in 2020 rules but not in 2019.

THe Africa Youth Cup in the Other continents file gives me an error in nation rules of the number of teams in the competition does not match the expected number of teams from the ranking  (80 teams out of 64) on the 10th of January 2019 like some of the other competitions, on looking closer at it there are qualification rules set for it to get random teams from team pool but the team pool section is completely empty of teams, could this be the issue in the other files giving the same error?

i can't test any of the other competitions in files with multip[le competitions in them to see if any of the others have any errors aswell as the editor stops verifying once it hits an error.

Many Thanks

Dai

Second this.

It would be fantastic to get it all working on the latest update @majesticeternity  please as it just adds more depth and dimension to the game. Be nice as well if you could select exactly what youth tournaments you want in your game.

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, Shenmue-X said:

Yep the files don't go through the rule test, mostly because of the team selection.

Nonetheless, the idea and ambition that led to the mod creation still deserves high praise.

On 15/05/2020 at 03:52, cruyff14 said:

Second this.

It would be fantastic to get it all working on the latest update @majesticeternity  please as it just adds more depth and dimension to the game. Be nice as well if you could select exactly what youth tournaments you want in your game.

Yes, the latest update broke it. It was so much work, I can’t do it all over, especially with FM21 coming up. 

it’s best just to use the database prior to this latest database, where it worked, for FM20.

I am working on a revamp for FM21, to see if I can get it to work properly.

On 21/11/2020 at 22:30, majesticeternity said:

Yes, the latest update broke it. It was so much work, I can’t do it all over, especially with FM21 coming up. 

it’s best just to use the database prior to this latest database, where it worked, for FM20.

Sounds great, can't wait for it's release

On 21/11/2020 at 17:30, majesticeternity said:

One of my favorite databases for FM20... cant wait to be able to use it again for FM21

Edited by Fmfan00