Alcoholic player?

be68df8d1c73896827d35c979fd6f838a17169dc

The player in question. He's a new signing to the club from Japan.

ab11916f4585967dc5548e7ddf252b4f1ad2cdbc

663e0ba02f92781d2d1d0ad20322525567be5d96

I get that he's not happy with regards to first team chances despite the fact he's played in 13 out of the 19 games we've played and he's only down as rotation, but he also did it before the first game of the season when he wasn't unhappy at all. This is his 4th offence now, I've fiend him 4 lots of 2 weeks wages that's £264,000, we basically don't pay the guy?Nishimura61a4dd6d4b59c550.png

His negatives also show him as "Believes Kevin Nino should not take himself so seriously"

0972b7752f6fa4fef7a83a69fc01d211742034c9

Looks like there's a bit of tension between those two. 

What is going on with this guy? Should I be worried or is it "Just a phase" ?

11 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Did you try having a talk with him about his attitude? I doubt though he will speak to you if he's unhappy

Well he's dropped his lack of football complaint, so I'll have a word.

aff955d5578eac8b0b0ff3dd035e9d6dc52c67ac

This is what he had to say, so hopefully things might improve now.

Cheers

7 minuti fa, Jamesbfc1887 ha scritto:

Well he's dropped his lack of football complaint, so I'll have a word.

aff955d5578eac8b0b0ff3dd035e9d6dc52c67ac

This is what he had to say, so hopefully things might improve now.

Cheers

Keep us posted! He looks like an amazing playmaker. Try and mentor him to get a better personality going. It will take some time though

29 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Keep us posted! He looks like an amazing playmaker. Try and mentor him to get a better personality going. It will take some time though

I'll keep you posted :rolleyes:. I post the save in general here.

d96d759fa58922950bd7e1bc1e00547a34194bd5

4691758f21e90a9362f6fc731529c81be9527754

152c28cf7de92780425d4c45d9083e44e579608d

But look at this, everyone's kicking off about him now, they all seem to hate him! I can't keep him here if he's starting to really annoy senior players at the club and influence some of the youngsters.

Feels like I'm fighting a losing battle here.

8 minuti fa, Jamesbfc1887 ha scritto:

I'll keep you posted :rolleyes:. I post the save in general here.

d96d759fa58922950bd7e1bc1e00547a34194bd5

4691758f21e90a9362f6fc731529c81be9527754

152c28cf7de92780425d4c45d9083e44e579608d

But look at this, everyone's kicking off about him now, they all seem to hate him! I can't keep him here if he's starting to really annoy senior players at the club and influence some of the youngsters.

Feels like I'm fighting a losing battle here.

Try the real leader answer everytime

2 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

As far as the player hanging out in nightclubs,  it could happen again, and again, and again...

F***. I may have to just sell him, just like your player he's becoming a cancer, despite the fact he's a brilliant footballer.

Can I only fine him 2 weeks wages when he misses training or can I just do it whenever?

Cheers

Could be several reasons. The player in my save was upset that I placed a bid on another player who played in the same position. The transfer never went through but the player apparently didn't like the way I handled the situation and remained unsettled. I lost count after 11+ nightclub incidents. 

13 hours ago, smp20 said:

Got to say that I love this! Interesting problem to deal, albeit an annoying one for you. Shame these kind of issues are only limited to regens.

Haha. It's certainly been interesting, that's for sure.

50b1a7b4134116e08bd7ca819d786a29698355a5

Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:seagull: :seagull: :seagull:

Honestly. It serves me right, I stood by this guy despite several people telling me to bin him but I didn't and to be fair he managed to get all the way to February without doing it again but that's the last straw!!! I've had enough!!!

Then the kid had the cheek to say this:

1b9f9b87d8bf1d298d5dd382c1bc3ae1949a8a8a

Where's the option to batter the sh*t out of the guy? Number 1 priority addition to FM 20 in my books. :lol:

51 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Get him out of your club ASAP. And if there is a "please never come back, you little sh*t" option as a parting comment, I'd give him that too. He seems to have a god awful personality. Not worth the time or the effort.

Believe you me, I'm trying. But the guy just doesn't give up! If only he put this much effort into playing.

033c167be9c128df7af0c1dac071c3d28d4eed7b

All of them about this pr*ck.

On 10/04/2019 at 11:04, smp20 said:

Got to say that I love this! Interesting problem to deal, albeit an annoying one for you. Shame these kind of issues are only limited to regens.

Tbf it's a legal issue. Imagine the fuss a player would kick up if they were portrayed as an alcoholic. 

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf it's a legal issue. Imagine the fuss a player would kick up if they were portrayed as an alcoholic. 

Yeah I realise that - think this kind of thing was in there several iterations ago and must have been got rid of to avoid any legal battles...

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Can you not just terminate his contract? Honestly, this guy might be worth paying a few million to get rid.

I reckon he'd be able to sell

Had this one issue with two of my players. First one i punished twice with 2 weeks salary and had a talk with him about his misconduct and he calmed down. Never did something similar since. But oh boy, the second one, he was pain my ass. Brilliant player, been with me for 6 or 7 seasons. Always was professional, never made a scene. But something changed in the last preseason as he went constantly to clubs, missing training sessions and games. Punished his a** 8 times, no effect. Luckily for me, over the years he built quite the reputation, won 3 Champions League and one Premier League title with him in the squad, with him scoring a CL winner goal in 118. minute. So it wasn't that hard to ship him off, as Bayern went in with 80mill bid. I would loved to keep him but he unsettled the squad, few players came to complain and i had to let him go. With a hard heart, but the team is above everyone.

The Japanese Balotelli!

I haven't tested this myself, but you could try the following:

I'm assuming he is the only Japanese player in your squad? Maybe send him out on loan for the rest of the season so he doesn't damage the atmosphere in your squad any further. Meanwhile you look for another Japanese player to bring in, preferably older and a professional attitude. Once he's then back from loan, you can set both Japanese players in the same mentoring group and hopefully he'll change is attitude.

7 hours ago, fmonit said:

The Japanese Balotelli!

I haven't tested this myself, but you could try the following:

I'm assuming he is the only Japanese player in your squad? Maybe send him out on loan for the rest of the season so he doesn't damage the atmosphere in your squad any further. Meanwhile you look for another Japanese player to bring in, preferably older and a professional attitude. Once he's then back from loan, you can set both Japanese players in the same mentoring group and hopefully he'll change is attitude.

I brought in another Japanese player Nagata, which you can see above didn't go too well, they absolutely hate each other!!! To be fair Nagata is a youngster as well which is probably why that didn't work. But I didn't buy Nagata to tutor someone, I bought him because he's quite good. I might loan him out next season, if I can get any offers for him.

Can I just say, that I find it offensive and a huge leap to suggest that this player is an alcoholic. 

Clearly this young person needs guidance, but to suggest he's an 'alcoholic' because he has got drunk a few times and stayed out at a nightclub, is a bit of a leap.

He does need advice. He clearly likes to have a good time. What's wrong with that?

Drinking and having a good time isn't against the law. You should be happy that you have a character in your squad rather than suppress him.

I'm not going to give you a lecture about Gazza. But this lad has obvious overchures. He needs nurturing rather than suppressing.

Your attitude is all wrong with your post title. I'd sign him in a heartbeat, buy him a pint on the lash and then talk about how I can make him better.  

12 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

Can I just say, that I find it offensive and a huge leap to suggest that this player is an alcoholic. 

Clearly this young person needs guidance, but to suggest he's an 'alcoholic' because he has got drunk a few times and stayed out at a nightclub, is a bit of a leap.

He does need advice. He clearly likes to have a good time. What's wrong with that?

Drinking and having a good time isn't against the law. You should be happy that you have a character in your squad rather than suppress him.

I'm not going to give you a lecture about Gazza. But this lad has obvious overchures. He needs nurturing rather than suppressing.

Your attitude is all wrong with your post title. I'd sign him in a heartbeat, buy him a pint on the lash and then talk about how I can make him better.  

You're having a bubble, right?

This is amazing, not for you obviously but what a completely different thing to deal with! Love it! Would also be interested to see if there was a reaction when he finally leaves although I suspect if you terminate your contract there won't be any news of it.

43 minutes ago, 1magine said:

This is amazing, not for you obviously but what a completely different thing to deal with! Love it! Would also be interested to see if there was a reaction when he finally leaves although I suspect if you terminate your contract there won't be any news of it.

I think I'll try and loan him out and see if 'it's just a phase', maybe he'll come good at some point. 

On 17/04/2019 at 09:11, Bothan Spy said:

Fair point, not everyone drinks in clubs. Some people just dance a lot. Or dare I say, use substances. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2019 at 13:52, Jamesbfc1887 said:

I think I'll try and loan him out and see if 'it's just a phase', maybe he'll come good at some point. 

I was wondering if you are still playing this save James. what did you do with him in the end? I've got my first raver and he seems to be skipping matches more and more frequently. it's without doubt the strangest situation I've had in FM haha :lol:

i would but if he's somehow clubbing in Geneva then I'm really not sure there's anywhere I can send him! i bought him off bayern munich last season for 9mil and could sell him on for 16 but he's my best center mid by quite some margin, and both my DM's already want to leave the club for the premier league! :seagull:

20190505113501-1.jpg

I had the problem with my best defender (possibly the best defender in my save) he missed training twice, I fined him the maximum amount every time. He did it a third time so I dropped him to the U21 squad and didn’t play him for a while, he got unhappy but who cares he asked for it. After a while I took him back to the first team squad and he never missed training again. 

• 1 month later...

Can't figure out the reason for this player turning into a potential knucklehead, other then perhaps he's still young needs to mature. It's proof that any player can be AWOL. 

The scout report on him said "sign whatever the price".  I acquired him for a whopping $91M.

Rui_Report.thumb.png.373990f8b26196351726e3611e9e5f17.png

I was starting him almost every game so there no issues with lack of playing time. Why pay that much and sit him?

Then this:

Rui_1.thumb.png.7b3afc1c2a4a8a6371e6581690c1543e.png

I immediately fined him 2 weeks pay and he didn't complain:

Rui_2.thumb.png.23fc9821bc5d5c7c91b9b753228d8fa8.png

Then this message:

Rui_3.thumb.png.1c54d124a156ab4924876d0bd12f6712.png

So he decides to report back to training and indicates a "willingness" to play for the club again. 

I paid a king's ransom to get him. He's being paid almost $13M a year + incentives for 4 more years, and he's "willing" to play for the club again after partying and not showing up for training. How professional of him. :rolleyes:

And where is he hanging out in the early morning hours in London when the taverns all close at 11:00 PM? 

5 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I immediately fined him 2 weeks pay and he didn't complain:

Rui_2.thumb.png.23fc9821bc5d5c7c91b9b753228d8fa8.png

Even when they don't complain, the rather counter-intuitive and not gratifying thing to do is to... give them a warning. Not a fine, but a warning. Not only saying this to you because I've quoted you, but to anyone who's had an issue with such players: a warning on the first offence will get you further than a fine. And obviously, sell as soon as possible! :lol: Skipping training and/or staying at a bar hints at horrible hidden attributes that may not be reflected in their scout report; and such players are never worth it. :brock:

14 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Who told you all the pubs close at 11pm in London? On a Saturday night, there are plenty of places that won't shut until 4am on Sunday morning.

Never mind a Saturday night. London is a proper 24-hour city, if you want a beer at any hour on a random Tuesday night you can find it if you look hard enough.

16 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

That’s what I was told when I visited in the early 2000’s. 

That was sort-of true at the time - although licenses were occasionally granted that let places stay open later, used in particular for nightclubs which regularly continued until 3-5AM. But a law passed in 2003 and came into force in 2005 that ended this practice - now licenses are routinely granted to allow places to open later, and you can even get a license to serve alcohol 24 hours a day.

Archived