Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
TheJanitor

FM19: Liverpool - Success Has Many Fathers

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Luis Suarez 7 said:

Is Buvac in this years Fm? Can't find him in mine.

He doesn't seem to be in the database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just lost TAA for 7-8 months in my save need to sign another RB as ive agreed to sell Clyne can also use Fabinho there if needed 

Edited by glenn28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, glenn28 said:

Just lost TAA for 7-8 months in my save need to sign another RB as ive agreed to sell Clyne can also use Fabinho there if needed 

Don't forget Gomez. Also, there's Vagnoman at HSV who's supposed to be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much finished my transfer window now. Still trying to clear out Ox but been a struggle.

Transfers:

2054620709_ScreenShot2018-11-08at1_39_45pm.thumb.png.08ba455bb80b54a1153fd0ad365ea48e.png

Only one not shown is Lovren for 25M to Napoli. The main transfers out were Salah to Madrid and Clyne to PSG which came out of nowhere, but he wanted to leave anyway so no worries. Salah could have stayed but 93M is an offer I can't say no to. Juve still sniffing around Mane too.

My first XI is still roughly the same as last season, only moved Pavon in to replace Salah, mainly just strengthened my second XI.

I'll still try to sign some youngsters coz got about $120M left over, but need to sign some players to new contracts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For once having transfer budget left on Deadline Day has paid off for me. Got Jadon Sancho for 30M and just missed out on getting Cengiz Under, though he should arrive in January for 40M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently in September. 

Won 4/4, Firmino top scorer with 9.

TAA injured for 4 weeks in the 2nd game, Clyne for 3 weeks at end of pre-season, now Salah for 2 weeks and Milner for 12 days.

 

Just sold Mignolet for £20m to Shaktar, leaving in Jan. Will need to get a decent backup then.

Formation:

Not sold on my midfield 3 roles, but its working so far.

560A110F3673E30006EDA2E0B2A8236B9655CDC1

Edited by Siven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for starting the thread everyone.  Quick question: How does everyone manage the friendlies in season one?  Half the squad is away until late July/early August.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, redsforever24 said:

Thanks for starting the thread everyone.  Quick question: How does everyone manage the friendlies in season one?  Half the squad is away until late July/early August.  

I used a lot of the younger players. Also the players that I bought, majority of them were available for selection. Makes the start of the season a bit annoying as most of the starters come back a couple days before start of the season. Didn't have any friendly arranged for that close to the start of the season, so that's maybe something that will help them get back to fitness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A Double K said:

I used a lot of the younger players. Also the players that I bought, majority of them were available for selection. Makes the start of the season a bit annoying as most of the starters come back a couple days before start of the season. Didn't have any friendly arranged for that close to the start of the season, so that's maybe something that will help them get back to fitness. 

Cool, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. Does anyone find the gegenpressing tactic a bit over powered? I’ve just used the standard gegenpressing formation and 11 games into the first season in all comps and we’ve won all 11 and haven’t conceded a goal yet! We’ve had a reasonable run of fixtures in the league but still played Man City home and Real Madrid home in champions league

At this rate we’re going to walk the league, setting records galore - I set my rep as Sunday league and all, but has anyone else found the game, well, so easy to start with?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baros2011 said:

Hi guys. Does anyone find the gegenpressing tactic a bit over powered? I’ve just used the standard gegenpressing formation and 11 games into the first season in all comps and we’ve won all 11 and haven’t conceded a goal yet! We’ve had a reasonable run of fixtures in the league but still played Man City home and Real Madrid home in champions league

At this rate we’re going to walk the league, setting records galore - I set my rep as Sunday league and all, but has anyone else found the game, well, so easy to start with?

 

 

I was going to post this at some point. The gegenpressing tactic with some minor tweaks has been super OP for me - halfway through the season and the only thing I'd lost is a Carabao Cup game against Chelsea away and on penalties, and only because i fielded a weakened team. I'm not sure what it is.  I mean, I'm not complaining as I hate losing, but yeah, I've noticed what you have too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started a new save and now Lallana is rejecting Arsenal's contract offer when I try to sell him.   That really screws up my transfer plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind I got rid of him, had to transfer list him and offer some money on his contract.  Still worth the 55 million I got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selling Lallana for that kind of money feels like an exploit. He's incredibly overrated in the game but even so his value feels really inflated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bar333 said:

Selling Lallana for that kind of money feels like an exploit. He's incredibly overrated in the game but even so his value feels really inflated. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a update to fix this issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Title is a 2 horse race in my save between me & Chelsea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bar333 said:

Selling Lallana for that kind of money feels like an exploit. He's incredibly overrated in the game but even so his value feels really inflated. 

I can't argue with that, but I'll still take the money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sold him for 60 million to Arsenal and I got 31 (24 up front and 11 in installments) for Sturridge in January 2019.  I think the trick to getting decent offers might just be to offer for unspecified amounts.  They were both wanted by the clubs though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost my last 2 games to lose the title to Chelsea 2 pts behind gutted when i was on course to win the premier league now my focus is on the Fa cup final & then sort out my squad for season 2 might go from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just won the Fa cup in injury time my 1st trophy on FM 19 now gonna sort out my players list for season 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2018 at 08:52, baros2011 said:

Hi guys. Does anyone find the gegenpressing tactic a bit over powered? I’ve just used the standard gegenpressing formation and 11 games into the first season in all comps and we’ve won all 11 and haven’t conceded a goal yet! We’ve had a reasonable run of fixtures in the league but still played Man City home and Real Madrid home in champions league

At this rate we’re going to walk the league, setting records galore - I set my rep as Sunday league and all, but has anyone else found the game, well, so easy to start with?

 

 

Just finished my first season, no major outs and added Timo Werner in for £52 million, and using 2 main tactics of 4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1 both gegenpress on either attacking or balanced. I won the League Cup, Champions League and the Premier League by 14 points.  So I would agree it seems over powered.

 

Debating going for a tika-taka style next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started a save and going for 4-1-4-1 Gegenpressing, but are unsure about the 2 midfield roles.. Would be looking to use Shaq, Keita, Milner and Gini there. What are peoples opinions? The standard sets to Carrilo and B2B?

 

Will also look into 4-2-3-1 Wide but what do people use there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started out with gegenpressing, but have so many injuries atm i had to tone it down. 

I keep changing my 2 CM roles as i cant decide which to use.

 

Currently on Balanced, normal tempo, with more urgent pressing (down 1 from extremely), Dline and line of engage on higher and have turned off counter attack/hold shape to hopefully let my players decide whats best in that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely fantastic with my first season have won for all competitions.

However, my assistant manager Peter Keawietz leave me to Tottenham Hotspur

Any other good asst.manager recommend ?

   

fm 4 trophy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure to setup your attacking corners.

 

I noticed that the default setup had my Centre backs both on stay back!  

Now i have them attacking the front and back post, they have scored plenty, 12 from 49 in fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, normal48 said:

Absolutely fantastic with my first season have won for all competitions.

However, my assistant manager Peter Keawietz leave me to Tottenham Hotspur

Any other good asst.manager recommend ?

   

fm 4 trophy.png

I just hired Andre Villas-Boas to be my U23 manager.  I could be wrong, but he'd probably be willing to sign on and he'd be a good assistant.  You could also promote Pepijn to groom him for an eventual manager role as he's probably gonna be the next manager irl.

 

André Villas-Boas_ Overview Profile.png

Edited by jakem016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won the league with 2 games spare. Knocked out of champions league to Psg in the quarters. Lost to Spurs in the carabao Cup and knocked out of 6th round fa Cup to Burnley. 

All in all a solid first season, I signed De ligt and Fekir who have become quality signings. Also signed Ben yedder as a sturridge replacement, been vital popping up with a fair few goals too. 

Play a 4231 gegenpress or 433 gegenpress. 

Stand out performers have been Fabinho, the main front 3 and Trent. Really worried about Keita and his discipline, 2 red cards and 10 yellow cards in the season. 

53mil to spend second season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone managed to get anything from Keita? 

Hes just not performing for me. Doesnt have the passing, flair or vision for a playmaker imo so been using him as a mezzala or BBM, but just not getting anything from him really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siven said:

Anyone managed to get anything from Keita? 

Hes just not performing for me. Doesnt have the passing, flair or vision for a playmaker imo so been using him as a mezzala or BBM, but just not getting anything from him really.

I can't get him to play well at all no matter what the role is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 05:02, glenn28 said:

My stats season 1 

Fm 2019 .jpg

Lots of goals for Fabinho and Milner.

Lots of Penalties? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Won the league with 2 games spare. Knocked out of champions league to Psg in the quarters. Lost to Spurs in the carabao Cup and knocked out of 6th round fa Cup to Burnley. 

All in all a solid first season, I signed De ligt and Fekir who have become quality signings. Also signed Ben yedder as a sturridge replacement, been vital popping up with a fair few goals too. 

Play a 4231 gegenpress or 433 gegenpress. 

Stand out performers have been Fabinho, the main front 3 and Trent. Really worried about Keita and his discipline, 2 red cards and 10 yellow cards in the season. 

53mil to spend second season. 

Might want to check your team instructions - have you set 'Stay on Feet'? I was getting a ton of yellows because for some reason with gegenpress the instructions seem to tell the team to get stuck in all the time, causing all the yellows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, womble248 said:

Might want to check your team instructions - have you set 'Stay on Feet'? I was getting a ton of yellows because for some reason with gegenpress the instructions seem to tell the team to get stuck in all the time, causing all the yellows.

Yes mate you are right. Best part of the season I had it set as on. Have removed it now and don't use either that or stay on feet. Thanks for the help mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more i play, the more i get annoyed at the game. 

If its not a cross or a corner, i cant seem to score. Theres virtually no through balls and very few key passes, i really dont enjoy how my team plays and i practically copied my FM18 tactic which played great football. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having trouble scoring through the middle... Scoring plenty with balls coming from wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Solo171013 said:

Lots of goals for Fabinho and Milner.

Lots of Penalties? 

Yes them 2 were my main penalty takers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I played a season when the game was released.  Tried to play a Klopp like tactic but Salah got injured (I take blame for that and plus I can't post screenies because computer broke and I'm just installing FM on someone else's now) but then as usual the AI seemed to get used to the tactic toward the latter end of the season.  By the time I changed my tactic it was too late to reduce the deficit in the Champion League's quarter final but I won the league with 88 points irrc.  The tactic I switched to is just a 4-3-2-1 universal approach with a focus on possession and creative freedom.

This is a tactic I plan to use on a new save with Liverpool.  A couple of seasons ago Klopp stated that he had said a lot of bull over the years but that 'we actually play possession football' which is my approach.  Want to get the transfers right this time.  

Thinking about signing De Light but that make take a large amount of my transfer budget.  First game was just a run through, now going to play more seriously.  I signed Paqueta but I noticed he has future transfer.  Was there an update I missed?   Does anyone else lift weights while they play football manager??

C'mon you Reds!!!!!!! YNWA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a release day patch which updated the data, lncluded Paquetas transfer.

Can get de Ligt for around £25-30m usually.

 

I have changed my tactic slightly, i now use mixed passing and hold shape after we recover possession, i found that when using counter, a lot of the time we just wasted possession and it came to nothing. Now we gain more possession and with mixed passing instead of short the players will play balls for counter attacks in better situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

finally getting to start a save tonight. havent had the time so far. 

 

does everyone click off transfers in the first window or do you prefer to make changes straight away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to make changes straight away, for both staff and players.  We have a few players on last year of contract so i like to deal with them and i always like to buy some players i like. For staff, well were always short on staff no matter what club your at.

 

Im at Jan in my save now, and looking for a backup GK as i just sold Migs for £20m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Siven said:

Im at Jan in my save now, and looking for a backup GK as i just sold Migs for £20m.

I sold Mignolet at the end of the first season for £18.5million to Stoke, Alex McCarthy was transfer listed for £1.2million, so bought him as back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siven said:

I like to make changes straight away, for both staff and players.  We have a few players on last year of contract so i like to deal with them and i always like to buy some players i like. For staff, well were always short on staff no matter what club your at.

 

Im at Jan in my save now, and looking for a backup GK as i just sold Migs for £20m.

thanks for that.

 

back u keeper look at Woodman from Newcastle or Fructl from Bayern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Staf9 said:

finally getting to start a save tonight. havent had the time so far. 

 

does everyone click off transfers in the first window or do you prefer to make changes straight away

I always have transfers off to start with just personal preference for everyone I guess. 

Just played opening game of season. Away to Chelsea. Won 2-1. One nil up through bobby. They equalised with with Fabgregas who then got sent off for a two footed lunge.

Mane got the winner.

Even game till sending off then dominated.

Next game. Man City at Anfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 12:28, glenn28 said:

Gomez & VVD have formed a formidable partnership in defense 

I've conceded 6 in 24 league games so far. Of those, 1 was an own goal, two were when I was down to ten men and one was a 30 yard free kick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 23:55, salkster2102 said:

How are people finding Salah? I seem to find the ME doesn't suit him and isn't scoring enough for me. I'm playing a 4-3-3 tika taka with Salah on the right and he just isn't getting enough chances and when he does get one he usually misses. In the middle of the November now and think he's only got 7 goals so far.

Same exactly. He doesn't look to be any better at finishing than anyone else in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 00:55, salkster2102 said:

How are people finding Salah? I seem to find the ME doesn't suit him and isn't scoring enough for me. I'm playing a 4-3-3 tika taka with Salah on the right and he just isn't getting enough chances and when he does get one he usually misses. In the middle of the November now and think he's only got 7 goals so far.

Tbf, we're in the middle of november now in real life as well and he's 'only' scored 6...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 07:40, bar333 said:

Selling Lallana for that kind of money feels like an exploit. He's incredibly overrated in the game but even so his value feels really inflated. 

I end up selling players for 'fair' value, otherwise it feels like an exploit.

Real offered £130m for Mane after a poor half a season so I reduced it to £90m which felt more realistic, although maybe still a little high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

I end up selling players for 'fair' value, otherwise it feels like an exploit.

Real offered £130m for Mane after a poor half a season so I reduced it to £90m which felt more realistic, although maybe still a little high.

With Liverpool I always go into the editor and make changes prior to starting the game. I don't cheat by buffing players significantly but stuff like positions, PPM's that I feel are inaccurate, etc. I remember for years, every year I went and nerfed Lucas hard because he was always insanely overrated in the game and would be considered a key player by my coaches and the fans and I'd get crazy offers for him. When I started my LFC save this year I nerfed Lallana pretty badly, I actually really struggled to sell him, eventually managed to flog him off to Villareal for 5M with a 30k p\w wage contribution. Might have nerfed him too hard...

Edited by bar333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×