The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

Just now, ToMexico!! said:

What about adding additional nations into the game, most of your suggestions are based in leagues/nations out of the box. 

Its obviously finding the right database though, one in depth enough for your needs. 

My best saves this season have been in Ghana and Azerbaijan (and England with Peterborough to an extent). For me in FM20 I really want a long term Central American save (struggled to get into one this year when trying Panama/Honduras/Costa Rica) or maybe return to Africa and have a journeyman style save. 

Yeah, I've thought about that. 

Certainly in terms of the Scandinavian save, I think waiting for an extended Scandi-database would probably be a good idea. 

I'm not very trusting when it comes to databases and so far I think I have only used those created by claassen

For FM19 I can see that he has created leagues for Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Faroe Islands & Denmark. If I could start a long-term save with a stable database for those Nations I would be a happy happy man. I've just subscribed to them now and might have a little play at the end of this season as I only have 11 games to play and my GK is already on 23 goals for the season. I'm not going to hit 30, so whatever I finish this season on will be the record.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It might be worth looking at some of these. 

https://the18.com/soccer-entertainment/lists/10-weirdest-football-clubs-by-geography-politics

UD Las Palmas in Spain. I'm sure someone has done a save with these on here. @Makoto Nakamuraperhaps?

IFK Marihamm in Finland.

AS Monaco in France. This is a bit boring because of the high profile nature of the club and the money involved.

FC Vaduz in Switzerland. The downer on this is that even if you win the Swiss to tier you can't enter the Champions League. I'm not even sure you can enter the Champions League with you win the Europa League the previous season. 

Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham & Merthyr in England.

New York Red Bulls in USA. Boring. 

Cagliari in Italy.

San Marino in Italy. I've personally done this one to death. 

FC SKA - Khabarovsk in Russia. The beast from the East? 

CS Maritimo in Portugal. @noikeeeis currently doing a brilliant lower league version of this. 

AC Ajaccio in France. I have thought about this one in the past but forgotten about it.

[Edit]

Rayo Vallecano https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/06/the-joy-of-six-hipsters-favourite-football-clubs

I take offence with the original article that says my island is weird. :mad:

I'm just kidding but I'm sure there's a lot stranger geographical oddities, that article seems a bit lazy, just listing mostly any island sides. I'm sure @Makoto Nakamuraalone can name you a top 10 of stranger sides just from the ones he's managed in FM. :D

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

https://the18.com/soccer-entertainment/lists/10-weirdest-football-clubs-by-geography-politics

UD Las Palmas in Spain. I'm sure someone has done a save with these on here. @Makoto Nakamuraperhaps?

IFK Marihamm in Finland.

AS Monaco in France. This is a bit boring because of the high profile nature of the club and the money involved.

FC Vaduz in Switzerland. The downer on this is that even if you win the Swiss to tier you can't enter the Champions League. I'm not even sure you can enter the Champions League with you win the Europa League the previous season. 

Cagliari in Italy.

CS Maritimo in Portugal. @noikeeeis currently doing a brilliant lower league version of this. 

AC Ajaccio in France. I have thought about this one in the past but forgotten about it.

[Edit]

Rayo Vallecano https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/06/the-joy-of-six-hipsters-favourite-football-clubs

I remember the Las Palmas save but it wasn't one of mine, I seem to recall maybe a Swansea fan managing them at the start of FM19?

15 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I take offence with the original article that says my island is weird. :mad:

I'm just kidding but I'm sure there's a lot stranger geographical oddities, that article seems a bit lazy, just listing mostly any island sides. I'm sure @Makoto Nakamuraalone can name you a top 10 of stranger sides just from the ones he's managed in FM. :D

Not 10 but there's the South Korean side based in Northern Mariana if I remember correctly and also Real Kashmir in the disputed territory in India, I think it was TIFO that did a video about them on YouTube.

Also look up FC Eilat in Israel's 3rd or 4th tier, I believe they're the southernmost team in Europe!

27 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I remember the Las Palmas save

Also look up FC Eilat in Israel's 3rd or 4th tier, I believe they're the southernmost team in Europe!

I would imagine Las Palmas being quite a bit further to the south than FC Eilat.

One of the unorthodox ideas I had and never used is a career where I always overpromise, i.e. when I'm given 3 choices of season expectations and related budgets in the beginning I should go for the most ambitious one (I usually go for the least ambitious one in my saves). That could be a funny save with a lot of sackings :DNo manager will win more trophies at your club than Harry Mark Allardyce-Pardew will promise to win. See, that's an ok title already.

15 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

I would imagine Las Palmas being quite a bit further to the south than FC Eilat.

One of the unorthodox ideas I had and never used is a career where I always overpromise, i.e. when I'm given 3 choices of season expectations and related budgets in the beginning I should go for the most ambitious one (I usually go for the least ambitious one in my saves). That could be a funny save with a lot of sackings :DNo manager will win more trophies at your club than Harry Mark Allardyce-Pardew will promise to win. See, that's an ok title already.

You've got me beat there, you're correct. Southernmost mainland team then. :brock:

e95c417adf2f357dd4c00cebcd1388c8.png

Anyone know what I've done here? 

I had subscribed to the Scandi Nation databases but when this appeared I un-subscribed and re-started but it looks like they have all gone. Any suggestions? 

f05fa18a1d6763f6102324fa67b10253.png

It's ok. I have sorted it now. 

I still had the claassen databases ticked in the database sub-menu. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

@Jimbokav1971 If you’re talking about FM20 then FC Andorra are now in the Spanish 3rd tier, so they’ll be playable without needing the editor. They get Andorran newgens and former Charlton and Barnet midfielder Ruben Bover plays for them.

They won promotion from the 5th tier but paid for a place in the 3rd tier after another club had financial problems.

They’re also owned by Gerard Pique.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48394815

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49157454

If that’s too similar to the San Marino challenge then Oslo City in Norway may be more interesting - they’re in the 4th or 5th tier and get African newgens.

Another option in England is FC Romania, who have a squad of Romanian players and get Romanian newgens.

And just for the name you’ve got FC Santa Claus in the Finnish lower leagues. Can you bring them success using a Christmas tree formation?

Personally I’m considering English non-league, FC Andorra or something completely different for me such as the Turkish third tier.

1 hour ago, Scoham said:

@Jimbokav1971 If you’re talking about FM20 then FC Andorra are now in the Spanish 3rd tier, so they’ll be playable without needing the editor. They get Andorran newgens and former Charlton and Barnet midfielder Ruben Bover plays for them.

They won promotion from the 5th tier but paid for a place in the 3rd tier after another club had financial problems.

I of course knew about FC Andorra because of the Bover link, but had forgotten completely. Great shout. :applause:

On 19/09/2019 at 12:15, Jimbokav1971 said:

IFK Marihamm in Finland.

Cagliari in Italy.

[Edit]

As for  Vaduz it has been fixed from last season.If you win EL you partitipate in CL but still it is a loooooooooooooong shot.I would start with Andorra fc in fm20 but iv'e already did it in fm19 and took me 15 years to get them from Primera Ctalana to Segunda so i'm excausted:lol: and without motivation.Starting from Segunda B is a totally different and more "normal" chalenge though..

Edited by Sheriff7

2 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

As for  Vaduz it has been fixed from last season.If you win EL you partitipate in CL but still it is a loooooooooooooong shot.I would start with Andorra fc in fm20 but iv'e al ready did it in fm19 and took me 15 years to get them from Primera Ctalana to Segunda so i'm excausted and without motivation.Starting from Tercera is a totally different and more "normal" chalenge though..

Where/how did you find out the issue with Vaduz was fixed?

14 minutes ago, Scoham said:

Where/how did you find out the issue with Vaduz was fixed?

I've raised this issue from fm17 upload to them some saves and they fixed it(at least thats what they told me).I've played and raised in fm career updates 2 saves with Vaduz and Liechtenstein.

Edited by Sheriff7

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2019 at 22:33, withnail316 said:

Had an unwanted epiphany tonight. In my late 30s with two young kids, I realised the only way I'm going to get to move on from FM13 is if I embrace FM Touch. Please, somebody, tell me FM Touch is just as satisfying a career as the full-fat FM...

So last week I bought FM Touch for the iPad, and last night I found FM19 on sale for £8.99. 

My laptop essentially laughed at me when I tried to load full fat FM (1 star rating with England only and nothing running in the background) but a laptop and tablet cross-save on Touch is going to open up much more game time for me, so was always the more viable option when I bought it. I even hope to start a new thread - my first on a current FM since 2013!

Looks like I'm one of "them" now, comrades...

On 03/10/2019 at 15:18, withnail316 said:

Looks like I'm one of "them" now, comrades..

Been playing only the "easier" version for 3 years now, and I can tell u its still rewarding and challenging. Plus I can play most at work and traveling, and my wife really likes that.

I remember Fantasy Football League on television in the 90s, Baddiel and Skinner hosted. They had a short segment early in the show where they would say hello to an amusingly named player. One that sticks in my memory was non league player Wayne Wankling.

On 07/10/2019 at 21:23, Nobby_McDonald said:

I remember Fantasy Football League on television in the 90s, Baddiel and Skinner hosted. They had a short segment early in the show where they would say hello to an amusingly named player. One that sticks in my memory was non league player Wayne Wankling.

Hello, I'm Charlie Dogscock!

I've reached the point where my first generation regen team at Spurs has peaked and need rebuilding. Many of them have been with me from the ages 18-22 and are now in their 30s. Together we won seven league titles, two Champions Leagues, five FA Cups, four League Cups. But after going unbeaten to win the league in 2032-33 we finished a distance third in 2033-34 losing eight times. Not good enough. 

Another problem is despite not spending a penny in transfers for two consecutive summers my finances are still in the red. My career net spend is £30m in 16 years at the club but for some reason we are bleeding money. New stadium was built in 2023. New facilities weren't that costly. Our competition prize money is always good. It can only be the wages. I have an attachment to many of my players but I need to cut the wage bill badly. 

48 minutes ago, Boycott said:

I've reached the point where my first generation regen team at Spurs has peaked and need rebuilding. Many of them have been with me from the ages 18-22 and are now in their 30s. Together we won seven league titles, two Champions Leagues, five FA Cups, four League Cups. But after going unbeaten to win the league in 2032-33 we finished a distance third in 2033-34 losing eight times. Not good enough. 

Another problem is despite not spending a penny in transfers for two consecutive summers my finances are still in the red. My career net spend is £30m in 16 years at the club but for some reason we are bleeding money. New stadium was built in 2023. New facilities weren't that costly. Our competition prize money is always good. It can only be the wages. I have an attachment to many of my players but I need to cut the wage bill badly. 

A little hint. When I sign a player to a new contract, I work out how much I am paying him in wages over the course of the contract. Sometimes it's more than you expect. My strategy is often to have a small number of players that I have an attachment to throughout that period of the save, (usually at least 1 GK and 1 striker), and I will be willing to pay these players over the odds to keep them at the club. The rest might stay, but they have to justify the wage spend. Others of whom I am less sure will be sold for a profit BEFORE I give them a big wage contract and then replaced by a younger, hungrier player who is on hugely lower wages. When you sign the younger player to a long contract, (ideally with a +3 deal), they know that the experienced player is ahead of them in the pecking order so they are not key or first team or even rotation. As a result their expectations at the contract stage are much lower and you save a fortune over the course of the contract for what is in actual fact a similar ability player. 

Can someone explain this to me please? 

e3dfe7aa3a8563f4577b4136e6fc3746.png

fd7a0a0bc2122d6f3da107ffe3a5e4c2.png

We sold him for £3.6M and 30% of next deal to Fluminese, and they have just sold him to Internacional for £4.6M 1 season later. 

The player arranged a 5% of his future fee when he signed with Fluminese, so he gets 5% of £4.6M which should be £175,000 + £57,000 = £232,000. 1% of £4.6M is £46,000 so 5% if £4.6M is £230,000. So the figures for his cut seem to be fine, (difference of £2,000 but that's neither here nor there). 

Where is my 30% though? 

If 5% is £230,000 we should have received £1.38M. WHERE IS MY MONEY!!!!! :mad:

I know I made good money on him anyway, (plus some nice little cash for loans), but this is just wrong. 

I just got an idea for a career update for FM20!

The idea is to put Marcelo Bielsa's former translator, Salim Lamrani, in as an unemployed manager and see where we go from there. Obviously, he'd be playing with Bielsa ball tactics to begin with. 

What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, mylescattle said:

I just got an idea for a career update for FM20!

The idea is to put Marcelo Bielsa's former translator, Salim Lamrani, in as an unemployed manager and see where we go from there. Obviously, he'd be playing with Bielsa ball tactics to begin with. 

What do you guys think? 

Sounds awesome, just needs a turn to the darkness of strikerless

FM20 has been bought over here too, this is the first FM i'll be experiencing from the very start. I don't think i'll do many career updates but you never know. Plans include RKC in the beta -no need to tag Deisler again for that- and two journeyman saves. Will be trying to use my approach of doing 'whatever the heck I want' in the latter two, which somewhat worked on FM18, while the RKC one is only focused on doing a single season, just to see if I can do better than the real life variant.

On 20/09/2019 at 07:12, Scoham said:

If that’s too similar to the San Marino challenge then Oslo City in Norway may be more interesting - they’re in the 4th or 5th tier and get African newgens.

Another option in England is FC Romania, who have a squad of Romanian players and get Romanian newgens.

And just for the name you’ve got FC Santa Claus in the Finnish lower leagues. Can you bring them success using a Christmas tree formation?

Personally I’m considering English non-league, FC Andorra or something completely different for me such as the Turkish third tier.

I had no idea there was an FC Santa Claus.  I think that may need to be my save on the FM20 beta just to see what it's like playing in Finland.

27 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I had no idea there was an FC Santa Claus.  I think that may need to be my save on the FM20 beta just to see what it's like playing in Finland.

There was even a steam achievement one year where you had to play FC Santa Claus on Christmas/Boxing day, I think?

6 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Not sure that you can do that in the beta, for sure they are in 3rd or 4th league which isn't normally an out of the box league for Finland.

10 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Not sure that you can do that in the beta, for sure they are in 3rd or 4th league which isn't normally an out of the box league for Finland.

Well, that sucks! If they're not an option I may just have a go in Northern Ireland. 

21 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Well, that sucks! If they're not an option I may just have a go in Northern Ireland. 

Still you can use editor after full release to make them and their league available.

Edited by Sheriff7

On 24/10/2019 at 02:44, Jimbokav1971 said:

How easy is it for someone who has never used the Editor before to activate inactive leagues? 

Easy enough.You can find info through google also.:thup:

Edited by Sheriff7

*Receives email from Cadbury to see if his random-given predicted result of conveniently unrealistic scorelines matched*

"Unlucky. You didn't get a match this time. The score wasn't 3-2, it was actually 9-0."

Wait, what?

27 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

The Beta has dropped...

While my save is going to start on the full release, I've got the beta up and running to try and sort out tactics.  

Meet Nicolaj Bur, the Danish/Dutch manager I'll be playing with.

1653794864_WhatsAppImage2019-10-31at9_26_57AM.thumb.jpeg.f4d9aa35e07d0196678c25408a9dad0a.jpeg

It's going to be glorious.

giphy.gif