The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

On 25/02/2019 at 19:27, withnail316 said:

That's the one, but it is on a new laptop. 

I have FM15 and 16, but I need a chunk of time to get started on it, which family life is denying me right now. On 13 I can just play for the 30 minutes I get here and there. 

I know exactly what you mean. It takes me about 5 seasons to get into a save nowadays and sometimes that's a lot of real-time. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, decapitated said:

It will be interesting to see how the new update affects tried, tested and trusted tactics we've been using so far.

I've got to admit that I have been holding off the update until the end of the season just so I couldn't blame it for any sudden loss of form. We lost the last 2 games of the season but still won the title by 1 point from 3 teams. I have absolutely no doubt that had I updated and lost the last 2 games and then not won the league I would have blamed the update. 

Sometimes we're just rubbish. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else seen such a young staff option in game?

I have been advertising for an assistant all season to see what is available for me, and saw an ex-youth intake player on the list

64e262e98b6acb579145a9805b80c68d.png

As the save is only in 2029 I wasn't expecting to see any intake players around for a while in terms of staff profiles

9b594000f6b3aed53dbbb33db2286cee.png

98048942370a3b07f9d391cb68638d3c.png

Only 24, retired from the game, but instead of fading into anonymity as lots of unsigned players do, he tries to get a backroom position...

I've seen it a few times but never normally that young,most of the time I tend to see 28 or 29 year old but on occasion I have seen some as young as 26 in the same position.

Yeah seen it plenty of times too, a lot of Data Analysts are younger than that too. 

Always an enjoyable part of my saves is former players as staff. At the minute I have Josefzoon, Robles, Meling, Walker, Grenier, van Aanholt, Shaw, Tomecek, Limbombe as staff in Ghana. 

I started a save in Iceland with Selfoss on FM17. Great fun so far, especially since the season isn't exhaustingly long (even if the fixtures are close to each other). We finished second from bottom in the League Cup but with more than enough promise for the season ahead. 4 points in 3 matches ain't bad.

4 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

I started a save in Iceland with Selfoss on FM17. Great fun so far, especially since the season isn't exhaustingly long (even if the fixtures are close to each other). We finished second from bottom in the League Cup but with more than enough promise for the season ahead. 4 points in 3 matches ain't bad.

I have loved managing in Iceland but the Youth Teams were broken out of the box in FM19 for some clubs. I reported it as a bug so hopefully fixed now. Good luck. :thup:

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have loved managing in Iceland but the Youth Teams were broken out of the box in FM19 for some clubs. I reported it as a bug so hopefully fixed now. Good luck. :thup:

Not fixed yet.  I gave feedback about it on the Feedback Thread on the GD forum and it was upvoted.  With Claassens updates now not working with 19.3, there is no way to successfully play in Iceland.

17 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Not fixed yet.  I gave feedback about it on the Feedback Thread on the GD forum and it was upvoted.  With Claassens updates now not working with 19.3, there is no way to successfully play in Iceland.

You can use the old database with the new changes on the match engine. You can select which database to use when you start a new game.

7 hours ago, decapitated said:

You can use the old database with the new changes on the match engine. You can select which database to use when you start a new game.

I know.  I am struggling with the ME in general this year.  Plus I like the transfer updates.

Has anyone had the problem where a whole squads player value drop? Normally I would associate this with league/club reputation but my club (Ashanti Gold) is 3.5* rep whilst the league is now the 5th most reputable in Africa. 

My players were worth anywhere from 250k to 750k (which is loads for Africa) but dropped to 125k at most a quarter way through last season. I waited for the new season to tick over in hope of it fixing itself but it hasn't. I've gone from selling a player for £12.5m to having offers of 500k at most in my inbox. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

second season with Belper, won Northern Premier Div One East, convincingly first season.

currently top of Northern League Premier.

But my FA Cup adventure is the reason for my post

86986abda8ee7ef1faf07ceb048c0d85.png

Macclesfield and Cambridge 24th and 23rd in L2 so that lack of form helped.

Spurs currently top the EPL. Clubs biggest defeat was 12-0 back in 1965.. but its all about the money, right

Lost 6-0, had 2 men sent, but..

c4e5c6f06bace03b96c523001b12bc8d.png

Edited by vara

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, been a while since I posted here and that's mostly due to the mad real life stuff that has got in the way along with a broken laptop which has meant FM19 has fallen by the wayside for me this year.

However, I come with news. Most of you will know me (and those that don't can click ma profile and read them) for my Wick Academy saves and it just so happens this Summer I will be going to Wick. The catch is that I am walking from Lands End to get there (and only stopping for a day or so before heading to John o Groats) and I start this amazing journey on Sunday.

I am walking for two charities which are MND and Shelter. The Just Giving Page is here if anyone wishes to donate. Even a penny would make it worth it (it totally would not you tight-fisted *****s) if you can spare.

If you wish to follow the walk as it unfolds and see how many non-league English grounds I will walk by too then I can be followed on 

Insta: wanderingwebby

Twitter: @webbwandering

Tell your friends and your enemies and also let me know if FM19 touch is worth it as have got a tablet for this journey and am wondering whether to bother.

Thanks guyse.

After years of struggling to make a successful 4-4-2 tactic in FM I finally seem to have cracked the code in FM18 with Bournemouth, as I managed to win the league in my first season in charge (on just 81 points, but to be fair I had a very good record against top sides). Quite pleased to have Moussa Dembele, my 18m signing from Celtic, win the golden boot with 29 goals and chip in 15 assists as well. 35 year old Jermain Defoe also managed 25 goals and 10 assists. Ibe was perhaps my best player, starting on the left wing, where he nabbed 17 goals and 14 assists, and playing the key balls for many more. He struggled a bit in January when he was unsettled by City but thankfully they never came in for a bid and he was able to move on quickly enough. :lol: Wilson missed the first couple of months and struggled for fitness in general but still managed 16 goals and 7 assists. Ryan Fraser was our fan favorite, with 18 assists and a goal to his name. :D We had the best offense in the league as well with 84 goals overall. Our defense was 7th best with 42 conceded, with 1/3 of those coming from frustrating corners. Areas to improve upon, but overall I'm ecstatic. 

League finish: 1st

League Cup: Semi-finals, lost to Chelsea

FA Cup: Semi-finals, lost to Man United

Award Winners: Jordan Ibe (Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, Players' Young Player of the Year), Harry Arter (Goal of the Season, a screamer from outside the box off a corner), Moussa Dembele (Top Goalscorer), and of course I won Head Coach of the Year. 

Transfers In: Moussa Dembele (18m, Celtic), Isaac Hayden (22.5m, Newcastle United), Ivan Cavaleiro (12m, Wolves), Ibrahim Amadou (8m, January signing from LOSC), Rob Holding (January Loan from Arsenal). 

Really fun and rewarding season. :) Looking forward to strengthening the squad for what should be a challenging European campaign and League title defense. 

Edited by CamillePunk

6 minutes ago, john1 said:

8d16c0e91326b899b16ac7edcf95025f.png 

Playing my Torino save and I noticed Hertha Berlin run in the Champions League :eek:  They will play PSG in the final.

Panathinaikos reached the final of the season I just played (2028 in FM 07). :D

2 hours ago, john1 said:

8d16c0e91326b899b16ac7edcf95025f.png 

Playing my Torino save and I noticed Hertha Berlin run in the Champions League :eek:  They will play PSG in the final.

Which skin is that? Looks lovely.

On 15/05/2019 at 21:42, git2thachoppa said:

pO0lOrx.png

:ackter:

Is that FM07? 

EDIT:  Just seen your update thread, so yes I know it is FM07.  Christ, that's a blast from the past.  I did wonder what it'd be like to play an old FM again.  Might have to see if I can pick one of the old ones up.  I have back to FM12 on my Steam account, but I always bought disc versions up until then.

Edited by kevhamster

4 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

I have tried to install FM07 few weeks ago actually, but I couldn't. Installer tried to set up some Java Virtual Machine and it just stayed at 0% progress.

Did you try running the installer using a compatibility mode for Windows XP?  Not sure if that would work but may be worth a try.

Also, try installing Java directly from the Java official site and see if that gets round the issue.

Hi guys! I'm kind of new to the forum and was wondering if it is acceptable to start a FMCU thread that is more about me trying to make a tactic work rather than anything else? I have been really strugling with one formation in particular and felt that if I had someplace to put down my thougths and analysis I would enjoy it more.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Is that FM07? 

EDIT:  Just seen your update thread, so yes I know it is FM07.  Christ, that's a blast from the past.  I did wonder what it'd be like to play an old FM again.  Might have to see if I can pick one of the old ones up.  I have back to FM12 on my Steam account, but I always bought disc versions up until then.

I tried FM14, particularly wanting to do the post-Fergie/Moyes Man Utd squad overhaul, but I couldn't see why matches were being lost atches would be lost, even when reloading and tweaking. I think only the rare match should be guaranteed losses, when a team is just too good with too much momentum. Meanwhile Smalling and Jones were the new Rio and Vidic for no reason, while the likes of constantly suspended Rafael and 1-goal-every-8-months Welbeck were dominant, so kinda silly...

FM 07 seems to keep springing up surprises and challenges, and only has 1 major international bug I know off, plus a few inconvenient ones that can be fixed out of habit. A sport game's roster is out of date by the end of season 1 in the game, so I have no problem playing older ones. I have all the old FMs from charity shops, and CM 93/94 and 01/02, but haven't got into the FMs. After FM 07, my next update thread will be CM 93/94, but my next management game will be FAPLFM99. Though this is years from now anyway probably.

2 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

I have tried to install FM07 few weeks ago actually, but I couldn't. Installer tried to set up some Java Virtual Machine and it just stayed at 0% progress.

I don't recall having problems with Windows 7. Try compatibility modes or messing with those options if you already have Java anyway.

The only thing is a Windows Update article that has to be removed, as it stops some old games from playing. But I don't know if that's the case for Windows 8.1 and 10.

26 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

Hi guys! I'm kind of new to the forum and was wondering if it is acceptable to start a FMCU thread that is more about me trying to make a tactic work rather than anything else? I have been really strugling with one formation in particular and felt that if I had someplace to put down my thougths and analysis I would enjoy it more.

That might be more for the tactics forum, but probably it depends how you're presenting it.

Edited by git2thachoppa

1 hour ago, git2thachoppa said:

I tried FM14, particularly wanting to do the post-Fergie/Moyes Man Utd squad overhaul, but I couldn't see why matches were being lost atches would be lost, even when reloading and tweaking. I think only the rare match should be guaranteed losses, when a team is just too good with too much momentum. Meanwhile Smalling and Jones were the new Rio and Vidic for no reason, while the likes of constantly suspended Rafael and 1-goal-every-8-months Welbeck were dominant, so kinda silly...

FM 07 seems to keep springing up surprises and challenges, and only has 1 major international bug I know off, plus a few inconvenient ones that can be fixed out of habit. A sport game's roster is out of date by the end of season 1 in the game, so I have no problem playing older ones. I have all the old FMs from charity shops, and CM 93/94 and 01/02, but haven't got into the FMs. After FM 07, my next update thread will be CM 93/94, but my next management game will be FAPLFM99. Though this is years from now anyway probably.

I don't recall having problems with Windows 7. Try compatibility modes or messing with those options if you already have Java anyway.

The only thing is a Windows Update article that has to be removed, as it stops some old games from playing. But I don't know if that's the case for Windows 8.1 and 10.

That might be more for the tactics forum, but probably it depends how you're presenting it.

FM14 for me was the low point in the series.  I tried it, but something about it just felt off and it signalled a massive decline in my interest in playing FM.  FM19 is when it's finally got back on track I think and I'm actually quite into it again now.

2 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

Welcome to the forum, fella. Think that's one for the tactics board. 

15 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Hello guys, I just wanted to say that I've just passed my final exam for the UEFA B licence. :cool: Just waiting for them to send me the diploma and the licence itself. To add to the excitement, I've also agreed to move to a bigger, better club in the summer, though I still don't know whether I'll be coaching the U9 or the U11 team. That doesn't really matter though, exciting times ahead! :D

Oh, and I'm also thinking about starting a new save and also a thread here sometime soon. :)

Forget FM. That's brilliant news. well done. :applause:

42 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Forget FM. That's brilliant news. well done. :applause:

I would have never even thought of doing that if it hadn't been for FM in the first place. :lol: I'm glad you like it!

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Hello guys, I just wanted to say that I've just passed my final exam for the UEFA B licence. :cool: Just waiting for them to send me the diploma and the licence itself. To add to the excitement, I've also agreed to move to a bigger, better club in the summer, though I still don't know whether I'll be coaching the U9 or the U11 team. That doesn't really matter though, exciting times ahead! :D

Oh, and I'm also thinking about starting a new save and also a thread here sometime soon. :)

Congrats, man. Well done. 

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Congrats man! Very impressive!

On 30/05/2019 at 21:43, Rikulec said:

Well done. Start a real life thread. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...