The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Scoham said:

Welsh second tier is now playable without the editor, though it’s recommended you wait until the full release if playing there.

That sounds quite tempting.

Haven't played FM in months but I wouldn't mind another go with a tiny Welsh club.

It amazes me how quick those name fix packs and instant result skins seem to release.

Also i'm definitely going to play a season in that Welsh second division now. I love it when new tiers get introduced.

Had a feeling it would be soon, should've checked last night.  Will pre-order tonight probably, hopefully this will be the edition that gets me back into the game.

Because you know what?  A familiar - and award-winning - face is coming home to FMCU.  

51 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Had a feeling it would be soon, should've checked last night.  Will pre-order tonight probably, hopefully this will be the edition that gets me back into the game.

Because you know what?  A familiar - and award-winning - face is coming home to FMCU.  

SRL88? :) He actually messaged me earlier this year and said he was planning to return once the game was released and he could start a career. That would be nice.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

While you're at it, can you bring @BoxToBoxback with you. :lol:

12 hours ago, Scoham said:

Welsh second tier is now playable without the editor, though it’s recommended you wait until the full release if playing there.

That's pretty cool. Had some really fun Welsh saves back on FM11. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hello there yourself! :applause:

Now that was step 1. 

Step 2 is to play FM20. 

Step 3 is to write about playing FM20. Any chance? :lol:

:lol:

Some chance, just need to find a save to grab my attention.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer.....

When you accept an offer for a player, but you have to pay a "Selling Team wage contribution", how long do you pay the contribution for? 

A year? 

The whole term of the contract? (but you don't know how long the new contract will be at that stage because you haven't allowed them to negotiate with the player at that stage). 

The term of the old contract? 

Something else?

:kriss:

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have a question that maybe someone can answer.....

When you accept an offer for a player, but you have to pay a "Selling Team wage contribution", how long do you pay the contribution for? 

A year? 

The whole term of the contract? (but you don't know how long the new contract will be at that stage because you haven't allowed them to negotiate with the player at that stage). 

The term of the old contract? 

Something else?

:kriss:

I *think* it's to the end of his current contract, as you'd have no idea how long his new contract at the other club would be. Logically that would make the most sense, wouldn't it?

In FM 07 once, just once, ever, a player only agreed to move to a certain club if I agreed to pay part of his wages. Sounds like this is the same thing. It was until the end of his current contract, which has a logic to it.

Edited by git2thachoppa

How many clubs do we know that have a link to Wolves or Wolf? 

Wolves - England. 
Wolfsberger AC - Austria.
Wolfsburg -Germany

St Catharine's Wolves - Canada (not sure what level).
Tangarang Wolves - Indonesia (not sure what level). 

I'm sure there are more. Does anyone care to share their Worldly Wolf knowledge? 

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Wolves - England. 
Wolfsburg -Germany

I'm sure there are more. Does anyone care to share their Worldly Wolf knowledge? 

Wollongong Wolves in Australia's second or third tier?

39 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Wolves - England. 
Wolfsburg -Germany

FM 07 has:

Harland & Wolff Welders - Northern Ireland

Wolfen - Germany

Wolfenbuttel - Germany

Wolfratshausen (wolf and rats in a house?!) - Germany

Wolfsburg - Germany

Wolfsberg - Austria

Wolfurt - Austria

St. Andra B-Wolfsberger AC - Austria

Wolves - England

Wollongong Wolves - Australia

Roma Wolves - Canada

Brisbane Wolves - Canada

Wolvertem - Belgium

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Wolves - England. 
Wolfsburg -Germany

Lupa Roma (ita)

La Louviere (bel - might not exist anymore)

Lobos BUAP (mex)

Íþróttafélagið Stál-úlfur (ice - lower)

13 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Lupa Roma (ita)

La Louviere (bel - might not exist anymore)

Lobos BUAP (mex)

Íþróttafélagið Stál-úlfur (ice - lower)

La Louviere still plays in the third (playable) tier, just checked. Meaning they're available even in the stock game.

Hey guys, I have a question. This is the first time I bought the beta and I want to start a longterm save.

Can I continue a beta save when the full game is out or do I need to start a new game? Thanks!

Edited by JWVG

22 minutes ago, JWVG said:

Hey guys, I have a question. This is the first time I bought the beta and I want to start a longterm save.

Can I continue a beta save when the full game is out or do I need to start a new game? Thanks!

You can continue the beta into the full game with no restrictions. But you should be cautious that some bugs in the beta can only be fixed in the full game by starting a new career.

2 hours ago, JWVG said:

I'm pretty sure that I started my long-term save last season with the Beta and I got to 2056 without a problem. 

I started with the Beta the other day and just planned on doing a temp. save until they had worked on things a bit but there were few serious crashes being reported and I haven;t had any so I have started my long terms save already again. 

I think it is time I gave this man another managerial career.

Will be playing the Touch version, I want to start him at a London club so just trying to decide.

At the moment I am thinking between......

Millwall or AFC Wimbledon.

Or maybe just jump straight in at Tottenham 😂

2014-12-08T194312Z_1_MT1ACI13158917_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-TOT-BBR.JPG.gallery.jpg

Edited by Maw74
Added to post

Just in case any of you have found something that is a bug, or might be a bug, or you think probably isn't a bug but just doesn't feel right, and you are put off by having to spend ages up-loading your saves to the ftp or whatever it used to be called, please know that things are MUCH easier now. It's really simple. You just drag and drop and in about 1 minute the save us up an done. #boom

Edited by Jimbokav1971

I am currently getting FMCU withdrawal symptoms.

I have started a random save on the beta, to help get my head round the changes from 18 to 20, but I keep wanting to screenshot important news.  The save will only run until the full release date, as I know what I want for my main save, but the itch to post is there...

Roll on release date...

Feeling a bit Jose Mourinho in my FM Touch save. I've been at Hertha Berlin for 18 months, and have just finished 3rd & won the cup. Champions League football secured, and new sponsorship deals aplenty as a result. We have over €140m in the bank, and our wage bill is about €1.2m a week. I thought I'd get €60-€70m of that for transfer fees. I got €30m.

It's a terrific sum of money, and has enabled me to get three of my five targets...but come on, lads. 

I'm going to have start telling some of my squad they are rubbish so I can force them out the door...