Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do you find it this year? And how do you use it? I remember trying to set it up to track competitions I am not in but it never worked for me as well as I wanted.

preferences-interface

fixtures/matches-matchday(?)-evening

• SI Staff
Bit of a random one and not sure if it's a bug or working as designed: Basically I bid for a player (Thiago Maia at Santos) and after some negotiation they asked for £17 million flat - no add ons, which was accepted. He was denied a work permit and subsequently I didn't sign him.

Now I want to try again - he's unhappy and wants to move but isn't transfer listed but I thought I might be able to negotiate them down a bit, except I can't because the £17 million is locked at non-negotiable from the first deal... Is there any way to get it unlocked so I can negotiate?

How long after having the original bid accepted did you make the second offer? Was the £17M locked in the initial negotiations?

Cheers,

Ben

I'm still not impressed by money STILL NOT talking in the game.

Player agrees a deal with new club for £250pw. Then instead re-signs for his old club (lower league) for a non-contract £40 per game???

By now I would have thought the game would report on why he did this rather than some of the other implements in the game. :(

Can you please, please please make the player stats 'info' screen that come up as it were if I clicked on a player. The fact that it's in alphabetic form and not exactly the same as it would be if I clicked on the profile of a player is just driving me nuts. It's just such an unnecessary little change.

This is something we're aware of, thanks.

Player agrees a deal with new club for £250pw. Then instead re-signs for his old club (lower league) for a non-contract £40 per game???

By now I would have thought the game would report on why he did this rather than some of the other implements in the game. :(

There's definitely cases in real life of players preferring non-contract rather than semi-professional, particularly when you're talking the low levels of money. That £250pw contract nets him 13k a year pre-tax, and leaves a lot less time for a "proper" job to supplement his income. His non-contract probably allows him to do whatever else he pleases with his time, have a career, and still play football at the weekends.

Obviously reporting could be better, but money doesn't trump all. If it had been someone at the top level accepting 1k a week when 40k was on offer, fair enough, but at low levels it's a bit different.

There's definitely cases in real life of players preferring non-contract rather than semi-professional, particularly when you're talking the low levels of money. That £250pw contract nets him 13k a year pre-tax, and leaves a lot less time for a "proper" job to supplement his income. His non-contract probably allows him to do whatever else he pleases with his time, have a career, and still play football at the weekends.

Obviously reporting could be better, but money doesn't trump all. If it had been someone at the top level accepting 1k a week when 40k was on offer, fair enough, but at low levels it's a bit different.

He ACCEPTED what we offered. So obviously it's enough for him.

His reasons are he wants to stay as a part time back up down in the lower leagues? Excellent. Then WHY accept £10pw more and actually sign?

It's not that it happens. I'm a manager myself so I do know this. It's how OFTEN it's happening and there being no communication from the player as to why the contract he had agreed was not accepted.

His reasons are he wants to stay as a part time back up down in the lower leagues? Excellent. Then WHY accept £10pw more and actually sign?

It's not that it happens. I'm a manager myself so I do know this. It's how OFTEN it's happening and there being no communication from the player as to why the contract he had agreed was not accepted.

He agreed one, and then got a better offer for him personally and went for that one. Seems fairly sensible. Agree that giving more detail around the reasons would be good, but the situation itself doesn't seem that out of the ordinary.

On the face of it, it is a strange move. Where is your club located compared to his old club?

Any preview of when it will be released an hotfix without many bugs already reported?

No announcements has been made about planned updates. This doesn't include hotfixes for serious issues such as bugs causing crashes etc.

A minor detail and not sure if it is a bug as opposed to being badly worded, but I signed three new players the day before I was required to resubmit my Champions League squad list. As it was a resubmit, I was only allowed to make one change. So I was a tad surprised to get the below in my inbox. All three new signings significantly improve my squad, so all three would be regarded as star players for the Icelandic league.

e7eGgW.png

No announcements has been made about planned updates. This doesn't include hotfixes for serious issues such as bugs causing crashes etc.

Or the fact that the Maldives are the No1 ranked team in the world on FMC, with double the points of Argentina? This will almost certainly impact upon various qualifying tournaments and will likely lead to unrealistic results.

Will this be rectified in a hotfix? Also, will the change require a new save?

Or the fact that the Maldives are the No1 ranked team in the world on FMC, with double the points of Argentina? This will almost certainly impact upon various qualifying tournaments and will likely lead to unrealistic results.

Will this be rectified in a hotfix? Also, will the change require a new save?

As I said, nothing has been announced yet.

I am still absolutely gobsmacked that the fact that the Maldives are No1 in the FIFA rankings went unnoticed on FMC. That is pretty poor I must say - especially if it forces me to start a new save. That would not be good. I also noticed that Tonga are rocketing up the charts, so something is definitely not right with how points accumulated by certain teams are being calculated.

On the plus side, the ME seems very solid for a relase version, and many of the issues that have plagued FM over the past couple of years (side-netting shots, woods, backpasses out for corners, non-dribbling wingers, penalties, missed headers, etc) appear to have been (mostly) resolved.

A minor detail and not sure if it is a bug as opposed to being badly worded, but I signed three new players the day before I was required to resubmit my Champions League squad list. As it was a resubmit, I was only allowed to make one change. So I was a tad surprised to get the below in my inbox. All three new signings significantly improve my squad, so all three would be regarded as star players for the Icelandic league.

e7eGgW.png

Could you post in the bugs forum please, with a save game before you need to resubmit this squad? Cheers.

It'd help if the teams in prozone had different colours.

You can't really use Prozone to compare average positions with/without ball etc because both teams dots are the same colour.

I know it's probably something that not many care about, but it makes a useful tactical tool useless.

Aren't the with and without ball colours different?

Surely you would be comparing 1 team with ball against the other without ball.

However I agree they should be different colours.

Also which pitch end is which could be a little clearer, wasted brain power working these things out.

Have you thought that he stayed put because he didn't want to move and was happy where he was.

How long after having the original bid accepted did you make the second offer? Was the £17M locked in the initial negotiations?

Cheers,

Ben

I opened up the 'Make Offer' screen soon after the window shut and it was still there. Been periodically checking it and it's still there - I can post a screenshot when I get home.

I am almost at the end of the first season and it might be unlocked at the end? Unless Santos are basically saying "oh well we negotiated £17 million first time around so we want at least £17 million this time" :mad:

my game has updated from beta to version 16.1.1 but there are still a few issues and key factors missing the most obvious one is there are no crowds in the stadium, key players missing from data base and it seems to be exactly the same as beta version

The fans issue should be because you're on Very Low settings in the graphical detail. Please confirm if this is the case.

It would be worth mentioning who these key players are, the database size you chose and what leagues you've loaded too.

Getting a bit frustrated at the press conference questions after negative results against big clubs. At home i can kind of understand them but, having questions after a narrow lose away to Chelsea (who were 1 point behind in 2nd) and then after a draw away to man city (who are 3rd, 2 points behind me and have won 9 out of their last 10 games) which make out the results are massively disappointing are frustrating.

It'd be much better to have questions asking how i feel about the game rather than being told how i should feel and having to respond to that

thank you for pointing that out, it was on very low settings and has been changed thank you, the players are from the wonder kid list, most notable being luka Jovic (who was a fav of mine in 15) i have large data base but only english league other wise my game is too slow,

Some quick feedback,

What is going on with the marking aspect of the players. Even Fleetwood players against Man utd is standing alone, unmarked in the 5 meter area (even though i have the option marking "on").

And this happens way to often, no matter what team i am playing against. Am i missing something here, or is the marking system broken?

Ping pong football. Thought i bought a FOOTBALL manager simulator game, not a ping pong football simulator. There is so many duals where the ball is headed away, its getting frustrating.

In attack, the player has so much room/space and time to take down the ball, his decision is 100% of the time will heading the ball to an opposition player or to nowhere and the opposition

will pick it up and launch the ball away

Could you arrange a Steam refund for me please? The Beta being replaced by the terrible Release Candidate has just killed it for me.

Maybe I'll be back in 17 but even that I'm starting to doubt. Please just give me the refund.

ahhh, man i hate situations like that: my team has a corner, ball is cleared to right or left side, opp. CB is bombing ball forward and despite my setting being to mark their only ST tight he gets the ball few yards behind the half-line, plays a pass to one of the flanks, winger runs forward, cross from byline and.... end of story. i set to mark him tight and my CB's/Defenders are like 25 yards away... What is this???

Positioning and Marking is not very impressive right now!

Could you arrange a Steam refund for me please? The Beta being replaced by the terrible Release Candidate has just killed it for me.

Maybe I'll be back in 17 but even that I'm starting to doubt. Please just give me the refund.

You'll have to ask Steam or wherever you bought the game. It's a retailer issue, not SI's.

Unless it is within a couple of hours, Steam will say talk to the game company, and there are many cases online of games companies doing this as an act of good faith.

Thanks for this beta test SI, next time, actually test the product you wish to test and gather feedback on.

Testing version A for 2 weeks and then surprise, B with dramatically different balance was the real dream the whole time? With 2 days to go, and even no plans for real iteration, after all you believe you moved the game forward. Terrible release.

Unless it is within a couple of hours, Steam will say talk to the game company, and there are many cases online of games companies doing this as an act of good faith.

Thanks for this beta test SI, next time, actually test the product you wish to test and gather feedback on.

Testing version A for 2 weeks and then surprise, B with dramatically different balance was the real dream the whole time? With 2 days to go, and even no plans for real iteration, after all you believe you moved the game forward. Terrible release.

How is it different? How is it not balanced? Be constructive - just explain what your issues are. I thought FM15 was a poor release until it got heavily patched, but FM16 is the most polished SI release ever, in my opinion of course.

And usually when the release is broken and unplayable. In the literal sense, not the hyperbolic one. Why would they offer a refund to someone who just doesn't like the game?

Yep, that's the way you go about getting a "good faith" refund. Spot on.

No idea where to ask this and this isn't the right place but its a busy thread so hopefully someone has an answer. Will an AI run club get upset at me over transfers?

I'm targeting three players from one club that I would like to sign in the first window. According to scouting on test saves, the two younger ones (both outside the main squad) would be relatively inexpensive. Scouts say under $1m apiece. The third is a regular and a likely future international. Scouts say $3m to $6m. Now I was considering using the media to declare my interest and potential unsettle the third player. Debating whether I should get the first two signed then initiate the process? Or will trying to leverage one deal not really affect the other two deals with the same club?

No idea where to ask this and this isn't the right place but its a busy thread so hopefully someone has an answer. Will an AI run club get upset at me over transfers?

I'm targeting three players from one club that I would like to sign in the first window. According to scouting on test saves, the two younger ones (both outside the main squad) would be relatively inexpensive. Scouts say under $1m apiece. The third is a regular and a likely future international. Scouts say $3m to $6m. Now I was considering using the media to declare my interest and potential unsettle the third player. Debating whether I should get the first two signed then initiate the process? Or will trying to leverage one deal not really affect the other two deals with the same club?

If anything it could make it less likely that you'd get the higher rated player as each player you sign from a club reduces the chance that they'll be willing to sell more players during that same window or season.

If anything it could make it less likely that you'd get the higher rated player as each player you sign from a club reduces the chance that they'll be willing to sell more players during that same window or season.

Glad I asked as I had never thought of that. I guess I should bid on them in the order of priority/need.

Follow up question... With one of the higher rep clubs in the English championship, I'm finding my scouts tell me a lot of players aren't interested in a move. I realize there are a lot more factors than club reputation involved in a player being willing to join. I've seen it mentioned that it can timing on whether a player is going to be interested, but sometimes a difference of a few weeks. Is that common? If I scout a promising player and the scout says he won't join, should I be regularly scouting him again a few weeks later to see if its changed?

I always keep an eye on players I like, even if they are not currently interested. As you've correctly noticed over time other events can see a player become more interested in a move to your club.

Marking and Positioning needs some serious tweaking!!! + Crossing is overpowered!!!
If you have examples of poor defending that cannot be explained as poor tactical instruction or simply poor players then the ME team would be interested in taking a look at those examples.

Please do take the time to post in the ME bugs section, the more people who provide a examples the greater the chance of SI fixing any issues & more importantly being able to do so with less chance of negative knock-ons.

I always keep an eye on players I like, even if they are not currently interested. As you've correctly noticed over time other events can see a player become more interested in a move to your club.

True. And it never hurts to use the media to build a "relationship" with that player.

If you have examples of poor defending that cannot be explained as poor tactical instruction or simply poor players then the ME team would be interested in taking a look at those examples.

Please do take the time to post in the ME bugs section, the more people who provide a examples the greater the chance of SI fixing any issues & more importantly being able to do so with less chance of negative knock-ons.

i'll see if i find some time during the upcoming weekend to find some examples and to post them in the ME bugs section. I might be wrong, but to me it seems like it...

Archived