FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

Batman86

Anyone having an issue with player fitness? I'm six games into the full season, starting players with 90+/90+ fitness and conditioning, and finishing every match with all of my outfield players in the low 60s. I'm rotating almost every position match by match. Not sure whether it's an FM16 issue, a squad/Ass Man issue, or whether I just screwed up pre-season training, but it seems odd that Schneiderlin with 18 Natural Fitness, and 19 Stamina, starting a match at 96/100 can barely walk off the pitch after a not-very-tough 90 minutes at home to West Brom.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have a look at Bellarabi from Leverkusen. He has a release fee of about £11m if I remember correctly, been good for me so far.

Nice call dave, decided to start again after dabbling with 3 CM's which is not something I like doing at ManU.

Bellarabi will hopefully be one of my flying wingers in the Kanchelskis mold - just need to find a young Giggs for the other side as Depay was a bit pants in my first dabble.

That said, i bet Bayern come in for him as well :/ - so I'll have a bid at Herrmann as well for good measure and see if i can tempt RMadrid to pay silly money for Mata.

Pione Sisto .. definition of a flying winger :)

did you know about him...or was he found by scouts and of interest how much to buy

will he be happy to play back up

(might have to edit the thread title soon...wont be in Europe for long:( its getting desperate LVG is a bluffer...WHAT DO I KNOW:D)

@warlock - how / where do you play depay to get that from him?

In my dabble i had him as AML IF and i gave up with him and played Luan instead.

Depay is my AML-IF, either attacking or support depending on circumstance. Using this weird asymetrical formation:

HZcZEt.jpg

It started out as a standard 4-2-3-1, but I like having Sisto/Valencia in the midfield line rather than AMR, and the defensive solidity of a DM. It's working so far! Next game up is away at Bayern Munich, so we'll see just how good it is.

At first I wasn't sure how well this year's Memphis would stack up with the godlike Memphis of FM15, but after a slow-ish start, he's certainly come good. Unlike Rooney - three of his five goals have been penalties, and he's been anonymous in most of the games he's played. I think Martial will quickly become my first-choice striker. Mata also seems to have taken a bit of a downgrade in FM16, oscillating between brilliant and average. Other changes I've noted: Herrera's value is way up, but he's still inconsistent for me; Smalling is notably better; and - of particular interest - DeGea was stellar last year as a sweeper-keeper but seems to perform much better this year in a goalkeeper-defend role.

Edit to add: I'm having awful trouble with screenshots at the moment. Missing from that pic is Rooney playing ahead and to the right of Mata as a CF-s.

I've played just over 2 seasons so far. Like Whatawaster95 I'm not going to play this save past the beta so I've been splashing the cash a bit as well (at least 2nd and 3rd season).

Transfers: Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3

League: Season 1 | Season 2

Achievements

I'd be very unlikely to spend £70-100M on Pogba, James, Varane and Lewa in a proper save. All 4 are brilliant though, just to expensive.

I'd never sell Depay and probably keep Mata until he retires instead of replacing him with James.

how do you use James? Advanced Playermaker (AMC) or Inside Forward (AMR)? Any performance comparison? Will be happy if you share your experiences about him.

In my Liverpool career, he is used as AMR and performing very well. He becomes - imo - best midfielder in the game after just 1 season. I could not sign him for my Liverpool; he refuses to sign contract with Liverpool. But I still have a hope since I finished first seasons as runner & we will be in Champions League.

Anyone having an issue with player fitness? I'm six games into the full season, starting players with 90+/90+ fitness and conditioning, and finishing every match with all of my outfield players in the low 60s. I'm rotating almost every position match by match. Not sure whether it's an FM16 issue, a squad/Ass Man issue, or whether I just screwed up pre-season training, but it seems odd that Schneiderlin with 18 Natural Fitness, and 19 Stamina, starting a match at 96/100 can barely walk off the pitch after a not-very-tough 90 minutes at home to West Brom.

Same here.

Has anyone else replaced Giggs as their assistant manager? Got annoyed with him saying he wasn't confident enough in his abilities to offer OI suggestions.

Same problem with fitness here. Have just finished my first season and only managed to finish 4th after losing too many points in the last five games of the season. And due to a very slow start, which was me figuring out tactics. Spurs won the EPL in the end, with Kane being top scorer.

Finally settled for a possession based, dull passing tactic (just like our RL manager), but I did manage to win one price: a very big one.

Now, after this season I'm going to replace the backroom staff and go crazy on the transfer market. It's a beta save, so I'll probably start again when the final release comes around.

5aUoCTd.jpg

did you know about him...or was he found by scouts and of interest how much to buy

(might have to edit the thread title soon...wont be in Europe for long:( its getting desperate LVG is a bluffer...WHAT DO I KNOW:D)

Sisto is an FM favourite from last year :) everyone knows about him.

Release clause is quite low at around £5/6m.

Decided to start a save as Manchester United for the time being (until the EEE update comes out) as I'm never a big team, the only catch is that I will not be signing anyone what so ever apart from new staff members as I look to have a whole 'Class of 92' feel to this. I started with the latest English date which meant we'd played our first league game which was a 2-1 win vs Liverpool, here are a few screenshots to show how we've started:

11dafc00a8d68899ff9f33c83aaf7978.png

The Staff overhaul has given us the best in the league.

96bfdb1a9385a0990f212cd48609cf62.png

af8b9841bb2945c1605b9032c48ee0b1.png

8e72e52838b419f6b869766f2970bc74.png7c69092becd6a86df1b046b1552218c4.png

We've been playing a lot like the United of real life but even though it's early on in the season we're only behind Man City...who of course I hate being behind.

acad05300a987baa0a492d6fb28953f1.png

Well we definitely have 2nd!

Known about him for a few years now irl and in game... He has a £6million buyout fee ... bargain.

So like most just having a bit of beta fun with Utd.

First window signed Gabigol for £11 million, Embolo for £12 million and set out to see how things went.

Can backup others thoughts that Rooney is a whinging pain. Moaned when I sold players that said they wanted to leave, moaned when we were in 5th for a couple of weeks, and moaned that he wanted a new contract when he was playing like dog ****. Its now mid season 3 and hes still there as noone will take him off my hands but ive demoted him to backup striker behind Martial and Embolo and for now he isn't moaning.

Big transfers ive made have been:

In

Stones -£41 million - hes been great so far

De Vrij - £38 million - also good as I play a more ball playing tactic

Hojlberg - £30 million - was just what I was missing in midfield so really pleased although took me two seasons to figure it out

Lucas Lima - £10 million - good option as a BBM even though he shouldn't be one if you get my meaning

Gabigol + Embolo - as mentioned above and no need to point out that they have both been brilliant

Tielemans and Odegaard - both were transfer listed for £8 million and £21 million respectively and so have been brought in and loaned out currently but have big futures

Out

Been suprised at money offered by PSG for players - they took Darmian off me for £32 million, Fellaini £28 million and Blind for £37 million over 3 successive windows

Sold Schneiderlin to spurs for £35 million

I could have sold Gabigol for £79 million to Madrid but as beta would rather see how he develops than take the cash and reinvest and not like money is an issue at Utd.

As for the kids at the club already can see futures for Fosu-Mensah, Mcnair, Perrira, Januzaj, Gribbin, Minkovic Savic and Willock - only Januzaj as a major star but rest could be good 4th choice options ahich can save money later on for those massive purchases.

Ive also noticed you can charge alot more for loan fees this year than last so am raking in over £25 million a year in loaning out my younger players -

Wilson - £500k a month to Hull

Perreria - £500k a month to Brentford

Teielemans - £500k a month to Hamburg

Gerhardt - £425k a month to Zenith

are just some examples and it has seen them get loads of game time and Perreia who has been on loan for 2.5 seasons now is valued at over £12 million and ive made that in loan fess from him aswell.

Woudl also put a note on Lindloff and Tete who i brought in fro not much money at all and have been really good option defenders. Very consistent both of them.

Among the kids at United, seems to have some real quality in there this year.

Sebtaoui and Savic both at least will develop into quality backups for David de God, Johnstone is already good enough to render Romero useless immediately.

Fosu-Mensah has huge potential, tutor & develop him is well worth the effort. McNair doesn't have as high for his potential, but is versatile and provided useful backup in midfield for me due to his technical attributes. Pereira can be hit-and-miss due his low consitency, has good sell-on value though. Josh Harrop is another worth developing if his random potential gets on the higher side.

Callum Grbbin though, what an absolute star, I don't know about you people but I threw him into the first team immediately, got him tutored by Mata and he has been utterly brilliant. :applause:

Demetri Mitchell is a speed merchant, needs alot development but coaches keep raving about him.

As much as I hate buying the same guys every save, him and Daniel Amartey are as close as I get, they always end up on a shortlist somewhere :)

I know what you mean I don't like signing players from previous versions.....but I try to get young players and usually end up with 1 or 2 from the last version

Finished my first season at United, finished 5th in the league which is a bit rubbish but ok I suppose, my best player was Mata, Martial and Berahino, also signed Embelo,Viasic, Tete, Callejon, Teddy Bishop, Che Numely, Essiah Suliman, Lucas Lima, Stankovic, Centurion, Hector Vilaba, Nolito, Subotic, Liam Cullem and Zieler, I sold Rooney to Chelsea for 35m, Fellani to PSG for 20m, Valencia to Monaco for 15m, Carrick to Barca for 1m, Valdes to Everton for 1.5m, Rojo for 15m to Barca.

Most of my signings didn't play or make much of an impact when they did.

2nd season transfers in were Tyler Roberts from WBA, a highly rated player, Munir for 20m from Barca, Davide Calabaria from AC Milan for 13m, Porsan-Clemente for 7.5m, Turan for 20m, Bryan Heynan another good young player for 17m, Odegaard for 10.5m, was his minimum release clause, Oliver for 17.25m was his release clause as well, also signed Witsel, Umitti, Barnat and Nouri.

Sold Blind for 15m, Schneiderlin for 25m,Herrera for 10m, Phil Jones for 7.5m, Subotic for 5m, Blackett for 1m, Callejon for 10m, Centurion and Nolitio went as well.

Funny thing was Nolito was 4th best shirt seller even though he only played 2 games lol.

Beta season with intention of just using original squad but Shaw thought Chelsea was a better option!!!!! sent Giggs off to buy Gaya then Shaw changes mind when Chelsea show no interest. Sold Carrick then after window closes the 2 month injuries start so very little squad rotation. Apart from that the league went to plan.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-2_zpsgibpgkhv.png

how do you use James? Advanced Playermaker (AMC) or Inside Forward (AMR)? Any performance comparison? Will be happy if you share your experiences about him.

In my Liverpool career, he is used as AMR and performing very well. He becomes - imo - best midfielder in the game after just 1 season. I could not sign him for my Liverpool; he refuses to sign contract with Liverpool. But I still have a hope since I finished first seasons as runner & we will be in Champions League.

I've been messing around a lot with tactics this season so he's played ML, MC, AMC, AMR, but he definitely performs best as a inside forward on the AMR or APM in the AMC position - which is basically exactly what FM tells me are his best roles. He's got 20-some of both goals and assists in about 40 matches.

Brought Pogba, Stones, Kane in and flogged Rooney, Valencia, Young and Fellaini.

Started pretty badly though in the 4-2-3-1 formation, Kane can't produce anything up on his own, we're struggling to score more than 1 goal per game and we've just been literally smashed out of the CL qualifiers by CKSA Moscow - 6-1 on aggregate. I'm left speechless.

Genuinely seem to get worse at this game every year! lol

I've pre ordered the game but I like to get a boxed version so patiently waiting for release day. I always do a united save, thinking of bring back the Fergie football days of overlapping wingbacks.

Has anyone tried to sign Bellerin? Him at RB, Shaw at LB would have awesome potential for overlap attacking wingbacks!

Just finished my first season with United, managed to win the clean sweep! Here's some screenshots:

d373283aa35437b846c6ed45281549a4.png

A close run thing but it was a 4-horse race for the entire season and we won it on the last day of the season, a 0-0 draw at Bournemouth.

Cups

b5620aab1b454d44cca2d123402b4657.png

5323ceb47ea72d125054f11e3d46d5e2.png

37abd02c24690f413341840bcb0c7080.png

Transfers:

9e2ab0cec1535aba02f98e42523e0d07.png

Squad:

fc0a1373d797d6d8118e8e9105e3c8f5.png

Best Youth Players:

47569bc7d1b6be82900a4512f1657cbf.png

bd6e16d3ed2181239a5b58583bdbe115.png

8b8da957976586932d6b2209a2345ab4.png

Next season we'll have a few more outgoing players, Valencia wants a new challenge, Romero and Sam Johnstone want out so maybe I'll be able to bring through some of the youngsters.

EDIT: What a start to the season...

3f0cf8cbe60d190964ded7aef11e42b8.png

At least we have Leicester next.

Quick Question for all you experienced United managers:

What do you find is the best duty to apply to Mata in the AMC role - Att MDF or Advanced Playmaker? I really can't decide!

Also, how does he play on the wing in the AMR position? I have Valencia there just now, but mighht move Mata there so that Rooney can play AMc and have Martial as ST.

I always play Mata behind Martial as a AMC

351CC19CE42CF0BA305F05B1B054CD701B48D18A

Ziyech injured is not helping that tactic at all though, Young or tony V there and all the creativity on that side is non-existent now

C2FB1B4BF3DDF8415FA32E6739392536B2975698

cant complain, grinding out results. A key weekend, I faced 2nd placed Spurs and won.. and 3rd and 4th also played each other.

nice gap, hope Everton remain where they are so i can help myself to Stones and Barkley

I have just bought the game and started up the Beta version to get straight into the action! As always my first save will be with Manchester United, but it's going to be hugely different this year and as this will hopefully be my long term save as I have a huge challenge ahead of me. Over the next few seasons I will be attempting to remove all foreign based players and all players who aren't born within Greater Manchester! All staff who are foreign will also be removed before the start of the season and new and hopefully local staff brought in.

Also new to me this year, I will 100% be staying away from downloaded tactics and will create my own. Whether I'll be successful with it or not is another matter, but it's about time I looked to try and understand tactics :)

The final new thing will be my starting reputation which is usually the best it can be, but this year I'm going to start with a Continental C licence and Semi-Professional experience! I have already managed to get the board to agree to my doing my Continental B licence, so onward up upwards!

As thing stand so far on the transfer front, I've signed the following players...

Craig Dawson

Michael Keane

Jordan Rhodes

Danny Simpson

Zach Clough

Tom Ince

Danny Drinkwater

Phil Jagielka

Phil Bardsley

Tom Walker

All for a combined total of £72.72mil! Obviously with all these signings, there needs to be space made within the squad. So far I've sold...

James Wilson (8mil)

Victor Valdes (1mil)

Marouane Fellaini (5mil)

Antonio Valencia (10mil)

Marcos Rojo (8.75mil)

Paddy McNair (4.5mil)

Daley Blind (17.5mil)

More will be on their way out of the door when the opportunity arises, but the likelihood of signing more players is very limited as I feel we've bought up most of the talent available. I'm not too worried by the sale values of my players because we will be saving a heck of a lot on wages with the highest earner from the players I've bought being Jagielka on 60k and the average being around 30k. If you look at some of the players I've sold, Valdes was on 63k, Fellaini on 53k, Blind on 75k, Rojo on a massive 110k and Valencia on 85k, so basically the amount we will save through wages will counteract the amount we have lost on potential sale values.

Finally, I've added an Affiliate club and keeping in line with what I'm trying to achieve, I have chosen Wigan to be that team who are Greater Manchester based. They're also in League 1, so should be a great league to send my youngsters such as Tom Walker and Zach Clough among others.

*Offers contract to de vrij* *de vrij accepts chelsea offer*

*offers contract to stones* *stones accepts chelsea offer*

*offers contract to Luan* *Luan accepts chelsea offer*

Starting to get annoyed with this

I bet thats very frustrating. Are you offering them what they want fairly quickly? or are the negotiations long and drawn out? are you putting them down as key players or just the first team? interesting that Chelsea seems to be a stronger pull for players in this years version than united, i thought they'd be about even as united are in europe...

Chelsea re the league champions & will have a better European rating, plus they do have a stronger squad which = better chance of tropihies so I wouldnt say thats true.

In fairness United have been a global brand for a long time and a few bad seasons doesn't change that, so I'd say their at least about the same and should have the same pull, if not better regardless of Chelsea being champions. We won't know though until the editor is released with the full game I guess.

I bet thats very frustrating. Are you offering them what they want fairly quickly? or are the negotiations long and drawn out? are you putting them down as key players or just the first team? interesting that Chelsea seems to be a stronger pull for players in this years version than united, i thought they'd be about even as united are in europe...

Funny, I'm playing Chelsea in Beta and tried to get Stones but he signed with ManU for a lot less. Barbosa didn't think Chelsea was a big enough team for him and every other player I try to get gets scooped up by another team.

I think the transfer market is going to be a lot harder this year.

When another team is interested in the same player as me, I just make sure they get the squad role and weekly wage they ask for. I'll try to lower the appearances fees etc, but I've found it's very important to get the negotiation over as quickly as possible to make sure they choose you. We're ManUtd, so we can spare the extra money, especially if you can make sure the star player doesn't move to a direct rival. I see it as another way of weakening my rival.

Whats your reputation?

Players would probably rather work with the world class Mourinho

Archived