Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's a pretty terrible way for Terry's career to probably end at the club. Sooner this season is over the better, almost nothing we can look back on with any pride or fondness this year

he probably tired to put a Leicester kit on and push morgan out of the way to lift the trophy:D

jokes aside,don't like him as a person but as a player he has been immense and would make the all time premier XI

wonder where he ends up next season

We have nothing to play for and we still seem to persist on playing Mikel and Matic rather than start the likes of RLC and Kenedy. Kenedy has a lot of potential. Why just not play him with Willian and Hazard and play Fabregas alongside Mikel/Matic? Bemusing. The football is so dire when we line up with two DM. Or just start RLC? Hiddink said the youngsters will get game time but after the Villa game has he started one?

Yeah I would like to see the stats for when Mikel and Matic have both started. We are playing Sunderland not travelling to the Camp Nou. Only plus point for me was Hazard looked good again. Costa should have had a hat trick. Defensively we are an absolute shambles, actually quite happy that Ivanovic got injured as him at right back is just asking for trouble. It is the one area we really need improving on next season if we are looking to challenge. RLC/Kenedy should be starting the last 2 games. Who cares if we go out and lose both, wont affect us at all.

Pretty sure I read that Adidas said that Chelsea asked for this and possibly had to pay some kind of compensation? So can only assume they have a bigger deal lined up? Possibly to help them still sign players without the CL money without breaking fair play rules? Not sure if that's reading into it too much though.

At least he's not bullying the players.

Mourinho could have stayed at Chelsea as long as he wanted, but he screwed it up himself by picking on and isolating players. You could see it the instant he left that the players seemed happier. Such a shame as I would have loved nothing more than Mourinho staying with us for 10 years and creating another legacy team like he did before, but actually managing it for it's whole life cycle this time.

I know Hazard had a bit of a sulk earlier in the season and has been shocking but is it 100% on him staying, less than 100%, depends on Euros? I recall a Madrid link earlier in the season but that's par for the course

Madrid's last window before a transfer ban so they may do a bunch of business? Sell Hazard though I can't see someone of similar attacking returns (when playing well) coming in and that obviously makes it more difficult to get back into the CL

Unfortunately didn't get to catch any highlights on the Leicester game. How did Abraham and Tomori get on? Reading from the match report it sounded like Abraham was fairly dangerous.

It's posturing, the club can't lose now, they've put pressure on JT to accept whatever terms they've offered. It'll get done but it's all been a waste of everyone's time.

he could a brilliant asset as a back up player/coach and make his way eventually into management

however conte tends to play a high line at the back, and when AVB tried that JT had a bit of a nightmare, so cant see how he fits in to a conte system, he would be back up at best next year

interesting to see what happens

And now we know why Chelsea is paying so much to leave Adidas.

http://backpagefootball.com/chelsea-ditch-adidas-60-million-year-nike-deal/108218/

The Daily Telegraph today reports that the club’s decision to end its existing arrangement with Adidas six years before the scheduled expiration will bag them £60 million-a-year.

• 4 weeks later...

Another footballing nobody living the lifestyle of a player who has actually made it at the top level, always a good indicator that they'll amount to nothing in the game & wind up bankrupt less than a year after their contract expires.

Archived