Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

I think Welbeck has received plenty of praises, because his play has deserved so. He's been playing well. However, it's not like he's done much to convince he's improved in the areas we're looking for him to improve in. We all know he contributes well to the team play. What we want to see are final products that are associated with all top strikers.

Is he being played as a striker though? Is he being played as the focal point of your attack? Honest question because he always seems to be out wide when I watch you.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he being played as a striker though? Is he being played as the focal point of your attack? Honest question because he always seems to be out wide when I watch you.

That might have been when he was playing with Giroud up top. He has definitely been leading the line though.

I'm also liking the Sanchez wide right. He doesn't always jut cut inside now. He plays much closer to the box on the right, and that's where he's most dangerous, especially because he actually attacks the box quite well.

Now he is. Before he has played wide or with Alexis behind him (so effectively not the main striker). It will be interesting to see how well he does as the main striker over an extended period with Ozil behind him.

With Iwobi a firm part of your squad now, surely one of the attackers has to leave in the summer? You are overloaded there. I wonder if Walcott regrets signing that contract. Competition is scary. ust imagine if you had a fully fit team. The amount of players who will not even make the bench...

With Iwobi a firm part of your squad now, surely one of the attackers has to leave in the summer? You are overloaded there. I wonder if Walcott regrets signing that contract. Competition is scary. ust imagine if you had a fully fit team. The amount of players who will not even make the bench...

Getting paid £140K p/w to potentially just sit on the bench? Why would he regret that? :D

4-2-3-1. Assuming you get new striker, look at your attacking wingers/AM. Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck, Chamberlain, Iwobi, Campbell, Ramsey (might as well include him). Adelaide you assume will be pushing on that first team door soon also.

I think selling Campbell is the likely outcome. Then we will probably look for a more permanent solution than Iwobi to play that wide play maker role. I was amazed we gave Walcott the contract tbh

Lauren gotta be up there with best use of Twitter for ex-players. Wenger compared Bellerin to Lauren and the Arsenal Twitter tagged him in it asking him how he felt about it. He replied with "I agree. Bellerin reminds me of a younger but less good looking version of myself" :D

It had gone weeks (if not months) ago.

Not true, going some twitter analytic warriors, Arsenal had around a 65% chance of winning the league if they picked up maximum points to the end of the season. Now (from memory) it's in low 30s if they win every game now.

We will definitely finish in the top 4, but we all know that it's not good enough.

We will finish below Spurs and Leicester and for that Wenger should lose his job.

It's so hard to get excited about Arsenal when I know Wenger will stay and that nothing will change. We can't win the league with him in charge.

The attitude these players have annoys me so much. We play well for a game or two and they start getting the tricks out and acting like they're top boys again. No no no lads, you have to go on a run of sustained form over 10/20 games before you can even start thinking you are any good.

Oh without doubt' date=' also a few rotten apples in the squad who need booting out as well.[/quote']

It's the manager who signed these rotten tomatoes and keep them though.

Cohesion and Stability was sold to us in the summer. It hasn't reaped the benefits we were promised.

Archived