Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Administrators
will i be able to play a network game on the beta? pretty sure it was greyed out last year

Network available only on full retail release I'm afraid.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does pop up afterwards. So there's no way for me to ask a player to tutor a young player unless he shows up on the training report?

Afterwards it just shows you a history of the chat. If you're looking to tutor someone, go to a player's development-->training screen.

Afterwards it just shows you a history of the chat. If you're looking to tutor someone, go to a player's development-->training screen.

Hi Hunt3r, I'm at work so quick question--I happen to have a 10.6.8 MBP; does this mean I really can't play the beta, or that it is just less stable? I hope it's the latter as I would have simply waited to buy it if I can't play it :/

Thank you for your help regardless.

• Administrators
Hi Hunt3r, I'm at work so quick question--I happen to have a 10.6.8 MBP; does this mean I really can't play the beta, or that it is just less stable? I hope it's the latter as I would have simply waited to buy it if I can't play it :/

Thank you for your help regardless.

It will depend on your system specifications not just your Mac OS. Are you having trouble launching your game? Please post a thread in the Mac Issues forum here and I will try to help you. Link: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/419-Mac-Specific-Issues

Where on earth is the tactics creator? And where's the player search button?

The tactics creator is where it always is, under tactics. Top left will be a button "Create new tactic". Start there.

The search button is the title bar / magnifying glass top left.

arghhhhh, just want to play the damn thing, and keep getting message along the lines of 'steam servers are too busy to handle your request:error code 55. Just keep trying I guess! It took an hour to download too!

The tactics creator is where it always is, under tactics. Top left will be a button "Create new tactic". Start there.

The search button is the title bar / magnifying glass top left.

That just creates a new tactic option. Doesn't actually bring up the tactics creator. The tactics screen is AWFUL btw, just a clunky mess. Why change it from last year?

Bit confused over subs/injured players, wanting to start a game but says I have injured players on the bench but how do I remove them? Again only obvious once you know

but I cant seem to beable to de-select them hence not as obvious as its always been. Help please as it would be nice to continue without the need to go on holiday.

But from that screen I can only choose from three tutors. And not the one I want. Which is a huge step backwards if this is now how it is

Anyone know what the black stars mean in the player ratings? Previously they were just yellow.

Happens through scouting but not your own players right? It is just to do with your scout reports.

Walkthrough of the GUI and 1 match played with Arsenal.

Interface is smooth and layed out nice.

The sidebar surprisingly does not cut into the screen space. I was worried about that but it is not an issue.

Changes from creativity to vision. Not sure if its just cosmetic.

Goalkeeper distribution selection is awesome.

I like you can click "swap with player x" instead of just swap wings.

Huge fan of the competitions tab with all the cups and league showing with board expectations.

Tactics interface will take some getting used to but so far so good. I like the new layout.

Match play was well varied. (watched on full). I enjoyed the way it flowed and the different things that occured during it.

I have played through a week using Ubuntu 14 and no crashes or oddities yet.

All in all an excellent beta experience so far.

Thank you SI.

Happens through scouting but not your own players right? It is just to do with your scout reports.

I've got one on the PA of one of my own players. I'm assuming it's working as intended and I'm assuming it'll probably be "clarified" after I play him a few times but he's been at the club since 2011.

That's the area of uncertainty of your scout's rating. He needs more scouting.
Yes, with my own players potential (presumably that's the uncertainty in my assistant's judgement).

As Hunter said in the post above mine :D.

Is it just my FM or can you not see player's attributes? Looking at Cabella's attributes and there is nothing there.

255768cc585854b632969677bed5a179.png

Did you check the 'Mask Player Attributes' box when starting your game?

Since I couldn't find the answer within the game or on the forum (Please, forgive my ignorance if it has already been addressed) and since this felt like the best place to ask; I was just curious as to if we'd ever be able to improve our manager points throughout the course of the game?

Aside from that question; I've yet to notice anything odd in game, match engine runs flawlessly thus far - I really like it. Will keep checking out for any oddities and bugs.

It will depend on your system specifications not just your Mac OS. Are you having trouble launching your game? Please post a thread in the Mac Issues forum here and I will try to help you. Link: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/419-Mac-Specific-Issues

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your help--I'm actually at work, I'll be trying at around 12-1AM UK time...

I can not save match preferences.

I click preferences at start screen, switch to match tab and try to make changes like camera type, highlight speed, quality etc. but i can not apply changes. When i click confirm button and exit preferences and then come back into match preferences, i see none of my match preference changes were saved.

The camera, highlight stuff can be adjusted during the match but i want recommended settings for my computer at the beginning. I want to increase the quality after an observation. This one is the more important one.

For your information, best regards

Ran into another problem. A lot of player roles don't show up for me. When I mouse over the space where they are supposed to be, I get the description of the role and everything, but there's no role name, just empty space which I can click. I can provide a screenshot if needed.

Looks good, runs smoothly, would rather there were no badges in the absence of me getting the latest Metallic Logo's from Susie.

Love the new manager setup options, multiple fave clubs, filtering to your hometown made much easier with tree access too.

There's some serious lag on some buttons and saveing the game seems slower than ever, but game speed seems pretty cool.

Archived