Nigeria vs Bosnia - 11pm

gillsminnow

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nigeria definitely proved people wrong though after this game.

In what sense? They were very poor going forwards and they were fortunate that Dzeko was off his game tonight or it'd have been a very different scoreline.

Super eagles winning against the odds in a game everyone expected them to lose shocker.

It is the Nigerian way. Hope Bosnia do them a favour against Iran so they can go through.

I thought they would lose to Iran and win today so surprised they have 4 points

In what sense? They were very poor going forwards and they were fortunate that Dzeko was off his game tonight or it'd have been a very different scoreline.

Generally solid defensively and going forward looked very threatening. Just did not take all their chances but they deserved it imo. Wanted it more and just about edged it. Bosnia did not do much.

Proved me right \o/

Yep. Omeruo really impressed me as well. Wonder where he will be for the upcoming season...

As disappointing as Dzeko was, I think Pjanic was just as disappointing. His final ball in the opposition third was poor and he kept passing instead of shooting even though he was in a decent position to shoot.

Enyeama showing why he's a FM legend :cool:

Just signed him :cool:

Proved me right \o/

\o/

I'll be honest. I'm not happy. Nigeria's played subpar in 2 matches.I wish they'd turn up but that's always up in the air. Sigh.

At least they are still in it. I can't say the same thing about England (I care more about England than I do about Nigeria).

Up until now everyone I support has disappointed me except for the US. Who'd have figured.

If Iran go through instead of Nigeria I would be really happy, what's the GD like? +1 for Nigeria and -1 for Iran, yeah?

Clearly Bosnia should just be really aggressive in the box.

Correct on the GD.

Hard to call on who goes through between Nigeria and Iran imo.

Look what this prat, Merson said: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9352316/paul-mersons-world-cup-predictions-england-to-edge-uruguay

"Bosnia will win this all day long. You can put your house on this one! This is a certainty. Nigeria were so bad against Iran, honestly, I thought it was a game for a laugh. I’ve never seen anything like it before - that was as bad as it gets. Nigeria must have had ten overlaps and every time they went to roll the lad in they kicked it out of play – I’ve never seen anything like it. I thought half of the players had won competitions to be there or something. I thought Bosnia looked a decent team and they did well against Argentina - they’ll win their two games and qualify".

Has egg on his face now :D

As disappointing as Dzeko was, I think Pjanic was just as disappointing. His final ball in the opposition third was poor and he kept passing instead of shooting even though he was in a decent position to shoot.

He played just as many simple 5 yard passes which should have cut Nigeria apart, unfortunately though he's a few seconds ahead of the rest of his team-mates and it often leaves him looking like the silly one. Saw a 2-years retired Kenny Dalglish do exactly the same thing with John Barnes when Barnes was in his absolute pomp. Dalglish strutting about playing amazing passes into space, even Barnes was 2 steps behind mentally.

Pjanic is fantastic the way he plays with his head up no matter where he is on the pitch.

Never ever bet on a Balkan team to progress anywhere against anyone. Croatia is traditionally by far the most serious team of all ex-Yu teams but I'd never put 1€ on us going through.

Look what this prat, Merson said: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9352316/paul-mersons-world-cup-predictions-england-to-edge-uruguay

"Bosnia will win this all day long. You can put your house on this one! This is a certainty. Nigeria were so bad against Iran, honestly, I thought it was a game for a laugh. I’ve never seen anything like it before - that was as bad as it gets. Nigeria must have had ten overlaps and every time they went to roll the lad in they kicked it out of play – I’ve never seen anything like it. I thought half of the players had won competitions to be there or something. I thought Bosnia looked a decent team and they did well against Argentina - they’ll win their two games and qualify".

I hope he didn't bet his house.

Correct on the GD. Hard to call on who goes through between Nigeria and Iran imo.

Iran will do what they've done the other games - play to keep the clean sheet, hope to get one on the counter attack. The Nigeria game has no impact on their strategy. If Nigeria are winning or drawing, that does nothing for Iran's gameplan. It's not as if goal difference is involved in that scenario, so Iran will just continue with their plan and hope Argentina do the business.

The only time that plan alters is if it's 1-0 Argentina, and 1-0 Iran, as the games near their conclusion.

Look what this prat, Merson said: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9352316/paul-mersons-world-cup-predictions-england-to-edge-uruguay"Bosnia will win this all day long. You can put your house on this one! This is a certainty. Nigeria were so bad against Iran, honestly, I thought it was a game for a laugh. I’ve never seen anything like it before - that was as bad as it gets. Nigeria must have had ten overlaps and every time they went to roll the lad in they kicked it out of play – I’ve never seen anything like it. I thought half of the players had won competitions to be there or something. I thought Bosnia looked a decent team and they did well against Argentina - they’ll win their two games and qualify".Has egg on his face now :D
He has the right idea, tbf. Bosnia are the better side but were poor and things didn't go their way. As for all this 'Nigeria proved people wrong' nonsense, they were **** and offered nothing apart from their goal.

Yeah, of course. They were well below par yesterday but the difference between the two sides is that one showed that they can perform much better and that last night was just a bad day at the office (that ultimately cost them) whereas the other has put in two pretty similar poor performances in a row and don't really look like being capable of putting in a legit good performance.

Yeah, of course. They were well below par yesterday but the difference between the two sides is that one showed that they can perform much better and that last night was just a bad day at the office (that ultimately cost them) whereas the other has put in two pretty similar poor performances in a row and don't really look like being capable of putting in a legit good performance.

Good teams win points while playing badly is a redundant term in that case?

Nigeria are atrocious over 4 games and have 4 points while Bosnia have looked "good" but have zero points, Iran have looked the best of the 3 and have 1 point.

That is football for you and is not a new occurrence.

Having offside decisions reviewed would be horrible, goal line technology is fine because its real time and doesn't interrupt the game.

You say that, but the game is usually already stopped with people arguing & remonstrated & it takes seconds to check the video anyway. If TV can have it in seconds, why not the referee?

Nigeria are bloody afwul though. France players must be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of another bag full of goals in the Last 16.

I so hope he put his house on it.

Nigeria are bloody afwul though. France players must be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of another bag full of goals in the Last 16.

Why does everyone assume Bosnia will even get a draw v Iran?

France will struggle to score past that well drilled Iran team if they get through.

You say that, but the game is usually already stopped with people arguing & remonstrated & it takes seconds to check the video anyway. If TV can have it in seconds, why not the referee?

This debate comes up every time, it is enforceable if it is a limited number of challenges per game (Maximum of 2 to avoid misuse)

Also remember that if we have more than 2 challenges....or unlimited use with the new system we will continuously have players carrying on to score regardless of the whistle or flag in the hope that the challenge proves them right. Linesmen become redundant for offsides as teams will ignore their flag, score the goal and then refer it to the video referee as they have nothing to lose.

I can see Italy or some such "scoring" 15 times a game which need referral because the flag was up and they ignored it.

This debate comes up every time, it is enforceable if it is a limited number of challenges per game (Maximum of 2 to avoid misuse)

Also remember that if we have more than 2 challenges....or unlimited use with the new system we will continuously have players carrying on to score regardless of the whistle or flag in the hope that the challenge proves them right. Linesmen become redundant for offsides as teams will ignore their flag, score the goal and then refer it to the video referee as they have nothing to lose.

I can see Italy or some such "scoring" 15 times a game which need referral because the flag was up and they ignored it.

Just change the way the linesman "flags" then? They already have notification buttons in the flag as it is.

When it's clear cut in the linesman's mind, raise the flag. When it's something they're not sure on, press the button & notify the referee, so should a goal be scored, they can review it?

Just change the way the linesman "flags" then? They already have notification buttons in the flag as it is.

When it's clear cut in the linesman's mind, raise the flag. When it's something they're not sure on, press the button & notify the referee, so should a goal be scored, they can review it?

Still won't stop players carrying on plus the linesman will flag less just so that the TV referee can take the responsibility.

At the moment 50-50 calls can go either way, in the future it will be flag down and to the TV ref. That means the TV referee looks at 10-15 incidents a game as teams change how they approach playing i.e Playing on regardless of the linesmen.

Think of that Italian forward in the game v Costa Rica and if he carried on each of the times he was offside to score then it gets reviewed and replay shown to the stadium then the ball has to be brought back to the spot and a free kick.

Also what happens to a continuous period of play? Guy plays on but does not score and referee is waiting for a break in play to consult the video referee then the other team pick up the ball and score.

Team 1 challenge saying the ball should have been offside and so team 2 get their goal chalked off.....is that how it would work?

Why would it work like that?

If a goal isn't scored, there isn't a need for them to blow up really is there?

Despite the player who had the ball being offside? We are now changing the rules of the game, offside does not only apply when goals are scored. Offside is offside even if the player balloons the chance wide.

Say he was offside ran through on goal and it hits the bar, the play is then continued as "it was not a goal". At what point was the fact he was offside to hit the bar become irrelevant, what if he scored the rebound? What if the ball was knocked about for a minute and then they scored? What if the other team scored?

At what time is the freekick given for the original offside or does that only apply for goals :confused:

Archived