Tell us about your hidden gem within the game.

I can't find this at all, can someone post a screenshot of where it should be?

Is it before/after team submission, before/after match preview, team talks?

Is there a possiblity my skin (Bergkamp white) doesn't show it?

There you go

stats_zps913d6896.png

I absolutely love the fixed personalised player instruction in the tactics screen. I don't whether this was already existed in earlier version, only discovered it in FM, but it's amazing. I can use the same starting tactic, depending on the players I select I play with a false 9 supported by inside forward one match and a target man supported by traditional wingers in another. No need to dive into the tactics view during the match any more, a quick substitution suffices to make the required adaptations.

But I think the most powerful feature in FM are the customised views. The more I use it, the more I learn to appreciate it, it literally transforms data into information.

This isn't anything really amazing, but it was a small touch I liked.

When I had my LB leave as he wanted a new challenge, I went on the hunt for a good, promising one who could be back-up/rotation to my LB who was now being promoted to first team football. Anyway, I got a scout report on two players and they were both exactly what I was after. So, I declared interest to see how they felt and they both said it would be a dream to play for me. However, for some reason or another, on one of the reports it showed the player had very little interest in a transfer, despite saying otherwise in the media - and this is where I noticed the feature.

On the scout report, across the top you have three titles:

[Recommendation] [Current Ability] [Potential Ability]

Now, depending on the interest in a transfer, the background colour behind those titles changes. If a scout report shows a players 'Interest in Transfer' bar as a red, the b/g will show as red. On the other hand, if a players interest bar is shown as green, the b/g will show as green.

On the scout report, across the top you have three titles:

[Recommendation] [Current Ability] [Potential Ability]

Now, depending on the interest in a transfer, the background colour behind those titles changes. If a scout report shows a players 'Interest in Transfer' bar as a red, the b/g will show as red. On the other hand, if a players interest bar is shown as green, the b/g will show as green.

Well I never.

Vey very very very very good spot that man. :applause:

Excellent thread!

After reading this I started paying more attention to little details in the ME. I noticed that sometimes players raise their arm (apologizing) after a bad pass! Also, a winger of mine was dribbling and the the opp fullback was marking him with his arms behind his back! Brilliant!

I also noticed (some time ago) that for instance, if you're losing 2-0 and you score, your player will run to the goal to get the ball and quickly take it back to get the game restarted! I love these details, brilliant!

I would like to thank whoever pointed this out to me in a different thread, but I can't find the thread and can't remember who it was so apologies, (and thanks obviously).

If you go to another squad screen, and highlight a player and then drag down to highlight multiple players, then you can right click to give you the option to scout the whole group of selected players in 1 go.

This certainly never used to be in the game and going from FM09 to FM14 it sort of passed me by.

Brilliant.

I would like to thank whoever pointed this out to me in a different thread, but I can't find the thread and can't remember who it was so apologies, (and thanks obviously).

If you go to another squad screen, and highlight a player and then drag down to highlight multiple players, then you can right click to give you the option to scout the whole group of selected players in 1 go.

This certainly never used to be in the game and going from FM09 to FM14 it sort of passed me by.

Brilliant.

You can now do it on everything, other squads, player search, and, as I discovered recently, the Transfer history > transfers out > free transfers tab of another team.

Great when you are a lower epl or championship team trying to pick up freebies

Brilliant.

I can't remember exactly when but its been in the game for ages.

If you hold "shift" and click the top player and bottom player in the list you want it will highlight everyone inbetween to create your group. If you hold "alt" and click individual players you can also create a group with gaps in so to speak. You can also mix them by creating a group by holding "shift" then using "alt/click" to remove some of those players from the group.

The group itself is limited to a max of I think 500? at a time as well.

This is a belter and comes from cris182 & MBarbaric.

Basically, I and others were complaining that the small negotiation windows, (players and clubs), were too small and it was a real annoyance scrolling though each clause just to re-enter the one you wanted to add.

What we had missed however, (and looking back now I am not sure how exactly we missed it), is that there is a view offer button that opens the offer up to full screen and so takes away any of the annoyance. I honestly don't know how we missed it, but miss it we did.

So here it is in the hidden gem thread, (despite not being hidden at all).

• 1 month later...
Sometimes it can appear that you have dominated a game, but also these stats can often be misleading.

I have just found out that there are a wealth of additional stats available for you to look at before deciding that you were cheated.

Customise match stats.

At the bottom right hand side of the match stats screen there is a customise button that allows you to add up to a total of 33 stat lines.

I particularly like the way that it's possible to split pass completion % stats between defense, midfield and attack.

Brilliant. :applause:

This is also available on the pop-up window during matches.

If you hold "shift" and click the top player and bottom player in the list you want it will highlight everyone inbetween to create your group. If you hold "alt" and click individual players you can also create a group with gaps in so to speak. You can also mix them by creating a group by holding "shift" then using "alt/click" to remove some of those players from the group.

It's ctrl, not alt. Both of these are common general computer shortcuts, but its really nice to see that they work in FM as well - invaluable when selecting my entire U18 squad and set them to Unavailable for loan.

This is very useful when using detailed searches and then applying a scout to all the selected players.

Not sure if if this is the right thread to post this in but here goes anyways. I actually need a little bit of help here, when rejecting a transfer offer for a player I have accidentally ticked the "Do not show this again" (or something similar) box and now when I reject or accept a bid the pop-up no longer appears. Does anyone know how to reset this so the pop-up appears again?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if if this is the right thread to post this in but here goes anyways. I actually need a little bit of help here, when rejecting a transfer offer for a player I have accidentally ticked the "Do not show this again" (or something similar) box and now when I reject or accept a bid the pop-up no longer appears. Does anyone know how to reset this so the pop-up appears again?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it will reset all though.

Preferences -> Interface -> Towards the bottom of the paragraph titled 'General' there's a button called 'Confirmation dialogs' - hit reset there.

The ability to type in the exact amount of money you want for a player, rather that click the +/- buttons ad infinitum. Just noticed it.

but the amount still gets rounded up. so makes not difference other than for cosmetic purposes.

A brand new one for me, which is unusual as I am a massive fan of using the various views and editing them.

"Home-Grown Status" window. Based on someone else in the thread (or another thread) discussing not loaning players out (english) until they are registered for you. This window can be manipulated to show date orders etc.....

no more just missing out on that little HG box!!

Yeah, it will reset all though.

Preferences -> Interface -> Towards the bottom of the paragraph titled 'General' there's a button called 'Confirmation dialogs' - hit reset there.

Thank you, much appreciated!

Not sure that it's 100% clear what you are mentioning Iam.

Is it Squad - Players page with the Home Grown status option clicked?

Thats the one.

2uy51td.jpg

• 1 month later...

Christ this thread took some finding.

My first penalty shootout in a while and looking at the body language widget I have three different comments:

Most players are "Displaying little emotion"

One player has "Doesn't want to take a penalty"

One player has "Looking calm about taking a penalty"

One of the opposition players also has "Anxious about penalties" & he misses his \o/

• 2 weeks later...

1. Go to the staff search screen.

2. Right-click on the title of the columns and select Insert column > General > Rating.

There are two ratings; one is for their current job (if they have one), and the second is for their preferred job. They are not labeled properly in the game, but if you insert the columns and mouse-over the column title, the tool-tip will describe them properly.

I'm assuming some people don't know you can do this as there are discussions about how to calculate the rating and coach calculators.

I know its been a case of does it/doesn't it happen well I'm in pre-season and two teams in the league have arranged testimonials for a couple of players.

This is a lovely little touch and only saw it for the first time the other day. I'm Forest and Michael Dawson had his Spurs testimonial pre third season against me.

2. Right-click on the title of the columns and select Insert column > General > Rating.

There are two ratings; one is for their current job (if they have one), and the second is for their preferred job. They are not labeled properly in the game, but if you insert the columns and mouse-over the column title, the tool-tip will describe them properly.

I'm assuming some people don't know you can do this as there are discussions about how to calculate the rating and coach calculators.

Thanks mate! Didn't know this. Although I don't think it is the same as the coach calculator.

I've was just looking at a pic that someone else had posted and it really jumped out at me that the colours he was using for player attributes were far better than mine. That being said, it didn't look like a new skin so I wondered if I could do it using preferences, (because I know that you can change the "natural", "accomplished" etc etc there.

So anyway, I had a look and in exactly that section there it is. The ability to not only change the colours that different levels of attributes are, but also the level of the attributes themselves.

I now have a much more striking profile page. :thup:

It's also a big help for those of us who are colour blind. :o :lol:

Fantastic! Never thought of this.

You can also do it on your own Staff screen.

Archived