Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

that's just ridiculous I was hearing Mourinho and Pelelirgrini get sacked as well

You say that like it's a predetermined event, scripted into everyone's game.

It's not. Man City have just won the league in the first season of my game, Pellegrini is very much still in charge. As is Mourinho at Chelsea.

Not particularly aimed at you, but there seems to be a lot of mass hysteria on these forums every year regarding "bugs" (or unusual events, as they should probably be called) that one or two people have seen. Before you know it, half the forum has their knickers well and truly twisted.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chelsea v Sunderland

shots 32 v 6

on target 19 v 3

Possession 56 v 44

corner 12 v 4

avg rating 6.64 v 7.16

score 0 - 1

COME ON ITS A JOKE, its not an isolated incident, it is the majority of games

Man utd just lost 3 in a row, last 2 rounds none of man city, arsenal, man utd have won a match all against much lower opposition.

FIX IT PLEASE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987837085/screenshots/

This is like my save when i was managing Arsenal when the BETA came out, i won the EPL title even though i had 11 matches lost, and Man City, Chelsea, Utd and Spurs had lost at least 12 games if i remember correctly, i have posted the screenshot of the final table somewhere on the forums, but i dont remember where, i think that on the BETA initial feedback thread.

Left and Right backs definitely not right yet, seems they're getting blamed for everything :)

My right back has had enough of it, he just went and got himself injured for 6 months, I am guessing he figures that the next update will be out by then.

Feel sorry for the young lad that has to stand in for him now.

My right back has had enough of it, he just went and got himself injured for 6 months, I am guessing he figures that the next update will be out by then.

Feel sorry for the young lad that has to stand in for him now.

Selfinflicted gunshot wound to the knee?

"I just can't take it anymore, wingers are wizards" bang!

llju.png

Cattermole MOTM for winning 21 out of 23 tackles :D

Player ratings are massively flawed, I think I've provided enough evidence now.

What's flawed about that?

Players on the losing team can still put in a stormer you know. 21 out off 23 tackles sounds pretty impressive to me.

Not particularly aimed at you, but there seems to be a lot of mass hysteria on these forums every year regarding "bugs" (or unusual events, as they should probably be called) that one or two people have seen. Before you know it, half the forum has their knickers well and truly twisted.

And you are portraying it like everyone's imagining bugs in their head. If they were, there wouldn't be patches released every couple of weeks with resolved bug count over a few hundred.

You also gotta understand that FM has more passionate players/fans then probably any other game there is, and that these things are important to people.

P.S Not reffering to your justified remark on manager sacks, but generally to the sound of your post

And you are portraying it like everyone's imagining bugs in their head. If they were, there wouldn't be patches released every couple of weeks with resolved bug count over a few hundred.

You also gotta understand that FM has more passionate players/fans then probably any other game there is, and that these things are important to people.

P.S Not reffering to your justified remark on manager sacks, but generally to the sound of your post

Oh absolutely, there ARE some bugs, they're the ones fixed by SI.

I'm just generally bemused by the number of "phantom" bugs which aren't so much bugs as the game occasionally portraying unusual events that are part of the rich tapestry of the real football world. Sometimes a team WILL woefully underperform. Sometimes a team will absolutely BATTER a side for 90 minutes only to be undone by a later counter attacking move by their lesser opposition.

Preveza - Patches released every few weeks?? What - the game has only been out 2 days.

I do agree that people seem to pick up on information from other peoples posts about THEIR experiences rather than their OWN experiences. I wonder how many people would actually notice if they didn't read about them

I agree on your comments about FM players being the most passionate and how important things are. You have to remember how many games there are out there that don't get this level of feedback and response from the software house.

I've no doubt that any key issues are being looked at but because of the games complexity its not as simple as a single patch, for the ME its more like tuning so that an adjustment in one area causes issues elsewhere.

In all honesty I do think we'd rather wait a bit and get it right than rush anything. Besides a small tweak for ratings was available from yesterday. If you had a game running before this then it takes time as opposed to starting with a new game

You say that like it's a predetermined event, scripted into everyone's game.

It's not. Man City have just won the league in the first season of my game, Pellegrini is very much still in charge. As is Mourinho at Chelsea.

trust me there are some issues with the game so don’t try deny it pal

people are facing some issues with the game and some of the moderators are aware of these issues

people are facing some issues with the game and some of the moderators are aware of these issues

Show me where I said there were no issues with the game. "Pal".

I was merely pointing out - perhaps too subtly for some - that there needs to be a distinction between bugs, and the odd freak event that some people think is a bona fide issue with the game.

Your assertion that you hear "Pellegrini and Mourinho get sacked" seems to fall into the latter category.

The game is shaping up well, once some of the remaining big issues have been sorted this will probably be my favourite release yet.

Agree with what's been said about high number of shots on target and low score lines. Playing Liverpool and had Leyton Orient at Anfield and it was like they'd borrowed a world class keeper, had some cracking shots and he managed to keep out most of them. Also regularly hit the woodwork around 3 times each match. Also the opposition have an annoying tendency to score against me with their first shot on target, this does take away enjoyment of the game considerably.

Camera zoom on the ME has not worked since the beta was released, would love to see this fixed.

One thing I did not see in the beta but has reared it's ugly head since starting a new game with the final release is a raft of injuries to players in similar positions. This was the most annoying thing that used to happen to me in FM2013, where you'd end up with only one player who could cover a position as the rest who can cover get injured in a very short space of time. This is currently happening on my new game. I've had to loan in a player for AML (I had just bought one but he got injured 2 games in), as otherwise I'd have to start a low rated U21 or U18 player. Very frustrating as I did not see this on the beta so thought it would not be an issue with this release.

On the positive side love ZiZo as it makes the game very playable on a 2880x1800 screen, no longer have to settle for a readable but fuzzy UI, it looks so good now. The use of the native Mac full screen is great as a well, love the convenience of being able to easily swipe in and out of the game to check the web, mail etc. The news and media feel a lot better and varied and like the way that talking to the press does not take you out of your inbox now.

The interaction with players out on loan is a nice addition, needs to be implemented better so you get some different responses from managers when moaning to them about not honouring the agreement to use them in the first team. Would be nice if this could be tied into the reasons for rejecting a loan offer as well, as would give the game some real depth on this point.

Show me where I said there were no issues with the game. "Pal".

I was merely pointing out - perhaps too subtly for some - that there needs to be a distinction between bugs, and the odd freak event that some people think is a bona fide issue with the game.

Your assertion that you hear "Pellegrini and Mourinho get sacked" seems to fall into the latter category.

true, I'm just experiencing same problem as most players too many shots on target and not enough goals that's all, apart from that overall the game is top quality

The reputation/transfer issue is a major problem for anyone starting in lower league.

The game has been the same for so many years that it really is poor form to get basics like ratings and transfers wrong from the start.

If you include the Beta there has been a few patches already.

The game is shaping up well, once some of the remaining big issues have been sorted this will probably be my favourite release yet.

Agree with what's been said about high number of shots on target and low score lines. Playing Liverpool and had Leyton Orient at Anfield and it was like they'd borrowed a world class keeper, had some cracking shots and he managed to keep out most of them. Also regularly hit the woodwork around 3 times each match. Also the opposition have an annoying tendency to score against me with their first shot on target, this does take away enjoyment of the game considerably.

Camera zoom on the ME has not worked since the beta was released, would love to see this fixed.

One thing I did not see in the beta but has reared it's ugly head since starting a new game with the final release is a raft of injuries to players in similar positions. This was the most annoying thing that used to happen to me in FM2013, where you'd end up with only one player who could cover a position as the rest who can cover get injured in a very short space of time. This is currently happening on my new game. I've had to loan in a player for AML (I had just bought one but he got injured 2 games in), as otherwise I'd have to start a low rated U21 or U18 player. Very frustrating as I did not see this on the beta so thought it would not be an issue with this release.

On the positive side love ZiZo as it makes the game very playable on a 2880x1800 screen, no longer have to settle for a readable but fuzzy UI, it looks so good now. The use of the native Mac full screen is great as a well, love the convenience of being able to easily swipe in and out of the game to check the web, mail etc. The news and media feel a lot better and varied and like the way that talking to the press does not take you out of your inbox now.

The interaction with players out on loan is a nice addition, needs to be implemented better so you get some different responses from managers when moaning to them about not honouring the agreement to use them in the first team. Would be nice if this could be tied into the reasons for rejecting a loan offer as well, as would give the game some real depth on this point.

This is my pet hate. Then peppering the oppositions goals only to score after the four time we've hit the woodwork. That being said, I've seen it happen in real life so it's not out of the bounds of realisation!

true, I'm just experiencing same problem as most players too many shots on target and not enough goals that's all, apart from that overall the game is top quality

It's weird. I've just finished my first season as Pompey boss with my team top scorers in the division. I guess that's why it's so hard for SI to track down what's a bug and what's not. Not everyone is experiencing the same issues - though significant numbers of people obviously are.

The reputation/transfer issue is a major problem for anyone starting in lower league.

The game has been the same for so many years that it really is poor form to get basics like ratings and transfers wrong from the start.

If you include the Beta there has been a few patches already.

Let's hope SI are working hard behind the scenes to fix all this

I do not understand how poor the game is. I haven't played it (full version), but there are 16 pages of negativity. (I have played the demo, and it was ridiculously horrible)

I updated my beta to the new game but for some reason I can't access the in game store. I have the 'Steam community in game enabled' but it still won't open. I'm using Windows Vista. Anyone got any ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks!

This is my pet hate. Then peppering the oppositions goals only to score after the four time we've hit the woodwork. That being said, I've seen it happen in real life so it's not out of the bounds of realisation!

Agreed, suffered it enough with some of the Liverpool games last season. Issue is it seems to be pretty much every game not just the odd few.

It's weird. I've just finished my first season as Pompey boss with my team top scorers in the division. I guess that's why it's so hard for SI to track down what's a bug and what's not. Not everyone is experiencing the same issues - though significant numbers of people obviously are.

please check my post thanks http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369862-Arsenal-4-2-3-1-attacking-style-play

You have to understand that these issues don't affect every game. Pellegrini and Mourinho are still in place in my game. Game results are normal, top scorers are strikers. Defender ratings are normal. Teams don't shoot at goal in every opportunity (highest i've seen in Premier was 19 shots at goal from Man City, when they smashed Crystal Palace 5:0.) Usual number is around 10-12 shots.

In fact, I can't complain about anything at all. So there goes your scripted theory.

Btw, I just looked at your tactics post. I'm playing the same formation, just different roles and shouts. It works like a charm. So please don't blame the game if you don't get results you expect to get.

Have you activated it? I know that function was not working till the proper release, so maybe your game still thinks it's on the beta?

I believe I have, now saying v14.1.3 & no beta logo showing on my start screen.

There's four attacking Southampton players in the penalty box. A long punt upfield will relieve the pressure on the defence and reduce the risk of getting caught in posession in a dangerous area where there are a lot of forwards.

Depends on your view of football, the philosophy your team has, the technical/mental abilities of your players, the quality of the opposition but in that instance if play is transitioning from a break up of the attack and the full back is in possession with 5 team mates in close proximity then a very very basic view of the game would encourage a 'long punt upfield'...this is British view of the game which lacks courage/faith in ones ability and not a possession based philosophy...most continental sides in that position would endeavor to play it out of defence with the attacking 4 players in the box being behind play with only 3 players directly ahead of those 5 rather than lump it and just give possession away simply ...it would be quite easy in that situation to progress play up the field by playing it out...a long punt upfield mindset is very primitive yet very insightful of how people view the game

Yeah, in my save, my striker has 26 league goals (equalling a 43-yr old club record!), which is well clear atop the scoring charts. I know people hate to hear that their tactics may be at fault, but if you think about it logically, if a number of people are finding their strikers are scoring freely, would that not suggest there's not that big an issue with that side of the game? If it was, wouldn't EVERYONE be affected. SI have a next to impossible job with this, I don't envy them.

Yeah, in my save, my striker has 26 league goals (equalling a 43-yr old club record!), which is well clear atop the scoring charts. I know people hate to hear that their tactics may be at fault, but if you think about it logically, if a number of people are finding their strikers are scoring freely, would that not suggest there's not that big an issue with that side of the game? If it was, wouldn't EVERYONE be affected. SI have a next to impossible job with this, I don't envy them.

I can see where you are coming from, but on the other hand if it is people's tactics at fault how come there was such a drastic change with the release of the latest ME while using the same tactics?

When the beta started it was not an issue, I have used the same tactics before and after so as far as I'm concerned it was the latest ME that has caused this.

Depends on your view of football, the philosophy your team has, the technical/mental abilities of your players, the quality of the opposition but in that instance if play is transitioning from a break up of the attack and the full back is in possession with 5 team mates in close proximity then a very very basic view of the game would encourage a 'long punt upfield'...this is British view of the game which lacks courage/faith in ones ability and not a possession based philosophy...most continental sides in that position would endeavor to play it out of defence with the attacking 4 players in the box being behind play with only 3 players directly ahead of those 5 rather than lump it and just give possession away simply ...it would be quite easy in that situation to progress play up the field by playing it out...a long punt upfield mindset is very primitive yet very insightful of how people view the game

It's all about context though. Look at the picture. Four Southampton players in the penalty box. You have to assume they've just had an attack and the ball has broken to the right back. Now, while he has players in front of them, he maybe only has one or two realistic short passing options. A player would never play a cross ball across the penalty box to the other side of the pitch when there's so many attackers still there, so he only really has the two players in front of him. The Soton midfielders aren't that far away, and if the player he passes to gets caught in posession after receiving the pass, then the Soton player has four attackers to choose from for a pass and a defence still trying to reorganise after an attack. Taking all that into account, a long ball forward is quite a believable scenario. Had the defender simply received a throw out from the keeper with no pressure, and STILL played the long ball forward, then you could seriously question his decision.

When the beta started it was not an issue, I have used the same tactics before and after so as far as I'm concerned it was the latest ME that has caused this.

Any change in the ME will have an effect on tactics. It's often been suggested by people with more tactical nous and insight into the game than me, that a tactic that worked before an ME change and doesn't after it simply exploited something that was 'broken' in the previous version. I'm inclined to agree, although I can understand why people would think otherwise.

It's all about context though. Look at the picture. Four Southampton players in the penalty box. You have to assume they've just had an attack and the ball has broken to the right back. Now, while he has players in front of them, he maybe only has one or two realistic short passing options. A player would never play a cross ball across the penalty box to the other side of the pitch when there's so many attackers still there, so he only really has the two players in front of him. The Soton midfielders aren't that far away, and if the player he passes to gets caught in posession after receiving the pass, then the Soton player has four attackers to choose from for a pass and a defence still trying to reorganise after an attack. Taking all that into account, a long ball forward is quite a believable scenario. Had the defender simply received a throw out from the keeper with no pressure, and STILL played the long ball forward, then you could seriously question his decision.

The situation was this.

Soton just took a shot. It ricochet off the woodwork. My defender passes it to Danilo. Danilo takes a dribble and boots the ball.

Now I totally see where you're coming from. It's a safe play.

I ask them to "Retain posession" and "Short passing". Clearly he didn't feel that applied.

I think asking them to "Play out of defense" prevents this from being an issue.

But at the end of the day. You have to admit it's kind of stupid. There is at least 2 safe passes he can make, 2 more fairly safe one's. Not to mention he can take at least 2 more dribbles.

I just hate giving the ball back for no reason whatsoever.

Preveza

You should not have a problem with game. I've won PL easily, then SS with Ebbsfleet but found that players wanted to leave despite promotion. Also noticed that in a discussion with a player despite being easily top of league could not offer promotion this season. Player becomes unhappy and next match scores a silly own goal just running ball into net from outside box.

Won SN with FC United now with players on long term contracts but found on promotion transfer targets would not even negotiate but were in talks with clubs in lower division.

Fix the shot conversion rate.

Might as well have a striker with terrible stats because one with high finishing, composure and the rest can't do anything.

Also has anyone noticed how the chances your players miss are absolutely laughable? 5 yards out hit it over the bar, miss from 2 yards from a corner, 1v1s etc.

In my game the AI scores 75% of its goal from long range and set pieces, yet my team misses an open goal from 3 yards, it is stupid, it is almost like scripting is in the game. The AI always score when they need to.

If you realised how stupid that looks you probably wouldn't have posted it :)

Anyone noticed that the number of shots per game is highly unrealistic, playing as Arsenal I have an average of 30+ shots per game while my opponent usually have around 20+ shots. The problem seems to be my winger always cut inside taking shots from an impossible angle instead of passing to my striker despite I told him to shot less and have "work ball into box" set. My winger averaged 8 shots per game.

My fullback who I set to "Defend" constantly loses his position, outrun by mediocre wingers who are able to score incredible goals from distance or tight angles, the kind that we usually see from Cristiano Ronaldo.

Kind disappointed at the match engine I must say

Fix the shot conversion rate.

Might as well have a striker with terrible stats because one with high finishing, composure and the rest can't do anything.

Also has anyone noticed how the chances your players miss are absolutely laughable? 5 yards out hit it over the bar, miss from 2 yards from a corner, 1v1s etc.

Post in the bugs forum with PKM's and examples please, that'll help, whinging with generalisations won't.

Hello,

I would like to know how to turn of all photos display in players profile window, to see just "numbers" like in previous fm's? In options you can just turn off regens pictures shows but i would like to turn off all the pictures.

Looking forward to your help,

JUry

Yes as I said great insight into people's view of the game further enhanced above...danilo has two simple passing options and also the two players further to his left are both ahead of the Southampton players in box so just require a movement towards the ball to offer further options...passing and movement give great options to move the ball out of defence there. The option of lumping it is obviously there but it is one which you hear from parents watching their kids play under age 'Get rid of it' that's how basic it is and one from a mindset of fear and getting caught in possession and indicative of an underdeveloped view of how football can be played. The lump it mindset is one of the reasons why the development of the British game has fallen behind. You're absolutely right on one thing...it's all about context...just different from your take on it...look at the picture again and try and see the other options there, not the hoof it mentality

my winger always cut inside taking shots from an impossible angle instead of passing to my striker despite I told him to shot less and have "work ball into box" set.

My fullback who I set to "Defend" constantly loses his position, outrun by mediocre wingers who are able to score incredible goals from distance or tight angles, the kind that we usually see from Cristiano Ronaldo.

that's my experiences so far

Any change in the ME will have an effect on tactics. It's often been suggested by people with more tactical nous and insight into the game than me, that a tactic that worked before an ME change and doesn't after it simply exploited something that was 'broken' in the previous version. I'm inclined to agree, although I can understand why people would think otherwise.

If it only affected a small number of users I may be inclined to agree, but considering the amount of people experiencing this then I don't thinks it's down to the tactics being used in most cases.

I've been playing the series since Championship Manager 2 and have been using an evolution of my particular set of tactics for the last few years. Now that everything is done via instructions I do needs some tweaking there, but generally I dominate on possession and shots on target however the opposition keeper consistently pulls of a string of world class saves. I don't see how it could be my tactics at fault in this case.

There was a similar issue with one of the previous FM games which was referred to as the super keeper bug, seems like it's back with a bang.

look at the picture again and try and see the other options there, not the hoof it mentality

I can definitely see there are other options, my argument is that the long ball up the side wasn't the worst option. I was offering a different take on the poster's assertation that the game was at fault because Danilo played it long.

If it only affected a small number of users I may be inclined to agree, but considering the amount of people experiencing this then I don't thinks it's down to the tactics being used in most cases.

Is there a high number of people experiencing this though? Are you basing this by the posts on this thread? That's only a tiny miniscule amount of people who play the game. You might be right, the majority may be experiencing it, but you can't really use this thread as any sort of guide, particularly if you're counting some of the downright cringeworthy baseless rants.

You should post that in the bugs forum so it is not missed.

Yeah, and I should maybe add the bug where I have to tell my three backup players, like 78, times that they can't leave on loan since they are backups to the first team. Do I have to tell them 100 times before it get's into their thick skulls? :)

Is there a high number of people experiencing this though? Are you basing this by the posts on this thread? That's only a tiny miniscule amount of people who play the game. You might be right, the majority may be experiencing it, but you can't really use this thread as any sort of guide, particularly if you're counting some of the downright cringeworthy baseless rants.

OK well discounting other people and only going by my experience my tactics seem to be working, it just every keeper I play against seems overpowered.

I can definitely see there are other options, my argument is that the long ball up the side wasn't the worst option. I was offering a different take on the poster's assertation that the game was at fault because Danilo played it long.

See there's the context again...depending on your view of football then the long ball up the field IS the worst option lol.

However your take on it not being the games fault has some validity...it does happen irl and the game, frustratingly sometimes but as long as it is not prevalent due to the 'take' on football of those programming the game then it's fine. My experience over the years is that it is absolutely not prevalent for that reason so all is well...tho I haven't played enough of this version of ME yet to see if that has changed but I suspect it's ok but of course will be frustrated to see it happening based on given instructions and player abilities lol

Yeah, and I should maybe add the bug where I have to tell my three backup players, like 78, times that they can't leave on loan since they are backups to the first team. Do I have to tell them 100 times before it get's into their thick skulls? :)

Can you not just set their status as 'unavailable for loan'? Apologies if you've already done this and it's still happening.

Archived