Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Its not about positive or negative, which I think many people don't get, its about constructive well backed up information. Actually "negative" constructive feedback (this is a bug, here is my evidence etc) is probably the most important, which is why mods bang about people uploading saves and pkms. What is really frustrating is when people "moan", don't back it up when asked, then make the same moan again a day later/repeatedly, which helps no one, least of all the person complaining because no one can look into it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not about positive or negative, which I think many people don't get, its about constructive well backed up information. Actually "negative" constructive feedback (this is a bug, here is my evidence etc) is probably the most important, which is why mods bang about people uploading saves and pkms. What is really frustrating is when people "moan", don't back it up when asked, then make the same moan again a day later/repeatedly, which helps no one, least of all the person complaining because no one can look into it.

I was going to moan about a few things then read the bugs forum which told me these things were already known to SI, I also had a good read at the tactics forum which helped me tweak my tactics so as to make the game a bit more enjoyable until the patch comes out.

I'd already gone to the trouble of writing it, wasn't going to waste it :D

Haha - re-enforces the point :) I think if this actually ever sinks in for some of people we could get more things changed / amended and have a lot less of the crazy posts. One day, just one day :D

Dunno if i should post here but i will anyway, my goalkeeper just got a red card for picking the ball in his box then running out of the penalty area with it :confused::confused::confused::confused:, why run out of the penalty area with the ball and isn't that supposed to be a yellow card??

I was going to moan about a few things then read the bugs forum which told me these things were already known to SI, I also had a good read at the tactics forum which helped me tweak my tactics so as to make the game a bit more enjoyable until the patch comes out.

I advise everyone to read that forum. It doesn't mean you are bad at the game, or that your tactic is rubbish when you go there. At the very least its a interesting place to read, and people might learn something. I know I tend to look at things in a different light each time I pop in.

Except that at least 90% of them aren't constructive.

Agreed, but I believe this has to do also with the automatic "bashing" from other posters when you have a "negative" opinion. That leads into the person with the aforementioned negative opinion to become defensive and possibly "aggressive" which leads to enraged comments of no use.

So generally I propose we all just keep our calm and let people express themselves , as long as they do it nicely..

The offensive posts can anyway be deleted from the mods, so we don't have to care about them :p

Dunno if i should post here but i will anyway, my goalkeeper just got a red card for picking the ball in his box then running out of the penalty area with it :confused::confused::confused::confused:, why run out of the penalty area with the ball and isn't that supposed to be a yellow card??

This is a known issue, well documented in the Bugs Forum.

Moaning? One month after the release somebody ask to fix a game payed with real money and someone can call this "moaning"?

If i play a game full of bugs and i say that is full of bugs im offending who? Why people that can deal with it must feel like i'm offending?

If in my game (Serie A) OVER AND OVER AGAIN i see Sassuolo reaching the Champions League and Fiorentina, Roma and Milan sistematically relegated...what can i say? It's normal?

I win matches, i lose matches, this is not important, it's HOW.

In FM2013 i played 1457 hours, i know what a FM game is!

The point is not what is unexpected, it's the magic of football. But the unexpected MUST be unexpected, if turns to regular there is something wrong.

And if i say it - after one month! - please don't call me (or everybody else) "a moaner". In fact i'd like to play to the new FM game, nothing more and nothing less.

Moaning? One month after the release somebody ask to fix a game payed with real money and someone can call this "moaning"?

If i play a game full of bugs and i say that is full of bugs im offending who? Why people that can deal with it must feel like i'm offending?

If in my game (Serie A) OVER AND OVER AGAIN i see Sassuolo reaching the Champions League and Fiorentina, Roma and Milan sistematically relegated...what can i say? It's normal?

The point is not what is unexpected, it's the magic of football. But the unexpected MUST be unexpected, if turns to regular there is something wrong.

And if i say it - after one month! - please don't call me (or everybody else) "a moaner". In fact i'd like to play to the new FM game, nothing more and nothing less.

:applause:

This kind of post just reinforces my point. It's of no use to anyone whatsoever, no one can take anything useful from it.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Theyd all be in the minority is my point. To say anything under 50% is in the minority is too simplistic and wrong.

Everything under 50% is minority, if you have something else that's in the same category and if that something is over 50%. In Bosnia's case where no-one is over 50%, in that case, whoever hits the highest mark is majority, while the rest are minority. Out of interest, where are you from?

This kind of post just reinforces my point. It's of no use to anyone whatsoever, no one can take anything useful from it.

It's not useful, i agree with you. But how can i say something useful after one month that i play a game with so many errors? Simply i request respect and not only the same "it's your fault". Some pages ago i read something like "if your forwards miss goals one-on-one it's because they have an awful manager"...come on! I bet that if i train Ibrahimovic maybe he can be assisted in the wrong way, but one-on-one with the goalkeeper it's Ibrahimovic.

Especially when Mr. Nobody of the opponent team score twice like it's a mix of Cruijff and Platini. Come on!

It's not useful our posts - like it's not useful continue to deny that if i play Serie A once and Roma AND Milan got relegated it's hard but it possibly can happen.

But if i play Serie A over and over again and every single time they got relegation...it's a bug.

And for the record i dropped the game after a season with my Prato (Italian Serie C) when i won the league with only one acquisition (Bosko Balaban) and i win some like half of the match with "tennis results" (5-0, 6-0, 7-3). Balaban scored something like 1 goal a match. I made the tactics in 5 minutes, one and only tactic. it was not because i'm a tactic genius (i'm the opposite in truth) but because this game is broken.

Everything under 50% is minority, if you have something else that's in the same category and if that something is over 50%. In Bosnia's case where no-one is over 50%, in that case, whoever hits the highest mark is majority, while the rest are minority. Out of interest, where are you from?

Why does everyone argue! You say under 50% is minority then contradict yourself and give an example of where its not. Im just trying to educate people on here, you should all be grateful. I dont know why i bother we should let you all burn....

I generally play with lower league teams so expect to struggle a little initially but to begin improving and succeed after a while. I have never really spent much time fiddling with tactics at all but have always done alright on previous fm versions. I appreciate this may annoy people because I will be asking a question probably answered repeatedly over the last 58(!) pages.

I seem to end up in dreadful losing runs and whatever formation I play always seem to get thumped for a long period until inevitable sacking with no way of recovering. Could someone please tell me if there is something in the default tactics presently which means I am doomed to fail unless I work around it and is likely to be tweaked with the next update, or am I simply just rubbish on this version with no hope of redemption unless I spend hours poring over tactics and analysis?

It's not useful, i agree with you. But how can i say something useful after one month that i play a game with so many errors? Simply i request respect and not only the same "it's your fault". Some pages ago i read something like "if your forwards miss goals one-on-one it's because they have an awful manager"...come on! I bet that if i train Ibrahimovic maybe he can be assisted in the wrong way, but one-on-one with the goalkeeper it's Ibrahimovic.

Especially when Mr. Nobody of the opponent team score twice like it's a mix of Cruijff and Platini. Come on!

It's not useful our posts - like it's not useful continue to deny that if i play Serie A once and Roma AND Milan got relegated it's hard but it possibly can happen.

But if i play Serie A over and over again and every single time they got relegation...it's a bug.

And for the record i dropped the game after a season with my Prato (Italian Serie C) when i won the league with only one acquisition (Bosko Balaban) and i win some like half of the match with "tennis results" (5-0, 6-0, 7-3). Balaban scored something like 1 goal a match. I made the tactics in 5 minutes, one and only tactic. it was not because i'm a tactic genius (i'm the opposite in truth) but because this game is broken.

As do the people who make the game, if you expect it, you should be willing to deliver it yourself.

I take it that you have then uploaded this to the bugs forum then? If you know its not useful, then what is the point, what outcome are you expecting from it?

It's pretty easy to say something useful. you take whatever issue/bug, go to the bugs thread, upload the save or pkm (info on how to do to so is at the top of the bugs page) and then they can actually review t and deal with it.

Why does everyone argue! You say under 50% is minority then contradict yourself and give an example of where its not. Im just trying to educate people on here, you should all be grateful. I dont know why i bother we should let you all burn....

Under 50% is minority IF there is other, let's call it category, which is over 50%. IF all the categories are under 50%, then the highest percentage category (e.g. 48%) is majority, while the other categories are minortiy. :)

Did you upload those saves and post in the bug report forums? That is what is meant by "being useful".

Edit: madsheep beat me to it :p

I agree that this sounds suspicious.

Actions speak louder than words, so if you can back these assertions up with your save games in the Bugs forum then SI would be delighted to investigate.

These need to be save games which repeatedly show Milan and Roma being relegated.

I haven't seen it on my saves, but I'm just one person. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced this, as I've read all of the posts in this thread (lucky me), and nobody else has mentioned it as far as I remember.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

As do the people who make the game, if you expect it, you should be willing to deliver it yourself.

I find every single post came by me respectful at all. Also if i'm poor in english and i say it over and over again.

Respect is a thing that i always gave to everybody, i hate when a people direspect another - for many stories of my life.

But talking about the game, respect it's also say something to the players that after one month not only don't have the game fixed, but also come to this forum to hear that they are wrong and the game is good.

And for the "big minority" discussion that i started: come on, it's perfectly clear to everybody what i wanted to say.

Actions speak louder than words, so if you can back these assertions up with your save games in the Bugs forum then SI would be delighted to investigate.

These need to be save games which repeatedly show Milan and Roma being relegated.

I haven't seen it on my saves, but I'm just one person. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced this, as I've read all of the posts in this thread (lucky me), and nobody else has mentioned it as far as I remember.

Thanks RTHerringbone, i provide to do screen saves and tell to my italian community to do it, nobody of they are in this forum but most of they say the same things - in a worst manner :D

Thanks.

I find every single post came by me respectful at all. Also if i'm poor in english and i say it over and over again.

Respect is a thing that i always gave to everybody, i hate when a people direspect another - for many stories of my life.

But talking about the game, respect it's also say something to the players that after one month not only don't have the game fixed, but also come to this forum to hear that they are wrong and the game is good.

And for the "big minority" discussion that i started: come on, it's perfectly clear to everybody what i wanted to say.

No one has ever said the game is fine, but that doesnt mean that users are only coming across bugs. I bet a large portion of those struggling are doing so because they are just not that good at the game, there is no shame to that. The only people being told they need to improve at the game are those with blaring tactical issues that the user doesnt see, or doesnt want to see.

I take it that you have then uploaded this to the bugs forum then? If you know its not useful, then what is the point, what outcome are you expecting from it?

It's pretty easy to say something useful. you take whatever issue/bug, go to the bugs thread, upload the save or pkm (info on how to do to so is at the top of the bugs page) and then they can actually review t and deal with it.

Shouldn't it be up to the game testers to spot these OBVIOUS issues? I mean, come on, one month in and you expect your customers to do your work? Ridiculous.

(my wording is deliberately a bit exaggerated. i really appreciate the FM community and all the tactical and technical help i' able to get here as well as the mods' work, but only up to a certain point.)

Apparently there are a few others noticing this, not sure if it has been reported though.

Thanks for that - I've just had a look.

Post #22 implies that there isn't an issue when you manage in that league:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375390-What-is-up-with-the-Italian-Serie-A?p=9233057&viewfull=1#post9233057

However, this is a subjective view of one poster.

I would urge anyone who sees peculiar relegations to log the details in the bugs forum and support the issue with uploaded save games and confirmation of whether the strange relegations happened in playable leagues.

It is important to note that there are no Bugs logged to this effect in the Italian League section of the Bugs forum.

If it is an issue, it has to be logged to be investigated.

Shouldn't it be up to the game testers to spot these OBVIOUS issues? I mean, come on, one month in and you expect your customers to do your work? Ridiculous.

(my wording is deliberately a bit exaggerated. i really appreciate the FM community and all the tactical and technical help i' able to get here as well as the mods' work, but only up to a certain point.)

You're not my customer for a start. But testers only spot issues, and they can only see so much, and they actually see a hell of a lot more than you think. The sheer number of eyes on release, and different playing systems/setups etc will always throw up things they cannot see. It's nothing to do with doing work.

• Administrators

An issue which appears obvious to you may not be obvious to everyone, even the testers. Especially if they're not encountering the same issue for whatever reason. We ask our community to provide evidence to back up points and bugs which they raise. We don't ask them to do our work. Likewise we ask for constructive feedback because it's useful. We generally just ignore angry rants and people who fail to follow the forum rules - ie non-constructive feedback.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know - or experienced - if the bug making you unable to renew contracts, thus emptying your squad to a handful of players, is limited to the lower leagues/conferences? I was hoping to start a new game in the Swiss second league, but am afraid my team will "vanish" by the end of the first season.

Thanks,

I know that you do not wish to announce any specific date for a new patch/update (fair enough), but is it possible to give us some kind of feedback on the progress of how it is going..?

I've read that the ME problem is fixed, but that there seems to be a number of new issues that needs to be taken care of as well...

So I would like to know, if you still keep running into new problems/issues, doing the progress of fixing the known issues. Or if your are "on-track" and its "simply" a question of fixing the current bugs, before you can release the new patch/update.

He is not the first one to report it. There is actually a Serie A thread in the general forum, so I suppose it is getting looked at. In one of my saves Liverpool relegated in the first season. I think some big clubs sometimes struggle in FM14 because morale has a very high influence on performances/results, meaning one bad result easily results into another.

And Sassuolo playing Champions league while Roma/Fiorentina geting relegated is realistic? That IS a useful comment, it shows something that should be fixed. Or at least looked into.

And Sassuolo playing Champions league while Roma/Fiorentina geting relegated is realistic? That IS a useful comment, it shows something that should be fixed. Or at least looked into.

Try to give things context before shaking your angry pitchfork.

One user in this thread has indicated a concern about relegations from Serie A, and there is one thread with a handful of posts in about the same issue.

Not one person appears to have raised this as a Bug, and so it begs the questions:

1. Is it an issue?

2. If more than one person has seen it, why hasn't it been logged?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know - or experienced - if the bug making you unable to renew contracts, thus emptying your squad to a handful of players, is limited to the lower leagues/conferences? I was hoping to start a new game in the Swiss second league, but am afraid my team will "vanish" by the end of the first season.

Thanks,

I don't know about anywhere else but I've played a couple of seasons in South Africa and not had any contract problems.

Archived