Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

With the release of the latest update for Football Manager 2013, as always we're interested in hearing all your thoughts in regards to the game, so please keep it all in here.

Here are some other links you may find useful.

13.2 Released - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339000-UPDATE-13.2-RELEASED-for-Football-Manager-2013 (includes latest changelist)

FM13 FAQ - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php

FM13 Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

All Match Engine Feedback here please - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339001-Match-Engine-Update-13.2-ME-feedback-here-please.

Also please read this before posting - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/326330-The-current-state-of-the-forums-–-Feedback-Constructive-Criticism-and-Forum-Rules.

Thanks.

Thanks Neil.. and thanks to the rest of SI for the work put in to get it out before Christmas..

Merry Christmas all.

Well done SI

Great work yet again

I am work at the moment

What does "Improved speed when viewing previous fixtures" mean?

Does it do that generating report thing still?

Instead of generating report it just sits there doing nothing for a few seconds and then takes you to the overview of the result. It's quicker, but not by much (not that it bothered me that much anyway)

Essentially it is quicker as the whole match and report isn't loaded up now. You should see improvement from before.

So yeah, since the update a news item is generated for every team in the leagues fixture that week if you have the league ticked in subscriptions. This didn't happen before.

Edit : This is really annoying, the only way to save having 30 fixture news items 3x per week is to completely remove the league from subscriptions.

So yeah, since the update a news item is generated for every team in the leagues fixture that week if you have the league ticked in subscriptions. This didn't happen before.

I believe if you turn off the pre-match media in the manage subscriptions section this should fix the issue.

For the first game i play, it seems to be a increase in the total number of shots.

Don't forget this is for NON ME related feedback Keyzer!

I believe if you turn off the pre-match media in the manage subscriptions section this should fix the issue.

Thanks , I'll have a look now.

I take it the patch just reset the subscription options or something ?

Does that mean the being laughed off when applying for the England job (may not be nation specific) hasn't been fixed? Couldn't spot anything about jobs or internationals in the fix list

Does that mean the being laughed off when applying for the England job (may not be nation specific) hasn't been fixed? Couldn't spot anything about jobs or internationals in the fix list

Yeah this has been fixed, thanks.

Is there any indication when the problems with Editor are going to be fixed? Just tried loading a new game and user created affiliate clubs is still not working which is a shame, im guessing that means the financial editor problems - such as user created monthly installments etc are not working either

Has the fixture bugs in CL & English Premier League also fixed?

I have a question, this patch fix a problem with register players to preliminary round of copa sudamericana?

Sorry, this was only raised with a reproducible save game a couple of days ago so there is no fix for this yet.

Are there any fixes in 13.2 which will require me to start a new game for it to be reflected?

Only those related to competitions rule changes - you're fine to continue your save.

Are there any fixes in 13.2 which will require me to start a new game for it to be reflected?

I've literally just had a thread asking the same question quickly answered :D. The patch is save game compatible and you're fine to continue your current save.

Is there no fix to midweek fixtures being played on different days despite move matches for tv being unticked? The OTF FMO game is moving a lot slower than it should because of this.

Also the league seems to finish in the middle of April in the lower leagues as a result, and its causing players from most teams to pretty much die of exhaustion playing 2 games a week every week.

(apologies if these things have already been raised, I don't look through these parts much)

I noticed you fixed the tutorial achievements, any news on the other ones? thanks for the quick work, hoping its gonna be awesome!

Is there no fix to midweek fixtures being played on different days despite move matches for tv being unticked? The OTF FMO game is moving a lot slower than it should because of this.

Also the league seems to finish in the middle of April in the lower leagues as a result, and its causing players from most teams to pretty much die of exhaustion playing 2 games a week every week.

(apologies if these things have already been raised, I don't look through these parts much)

Do you have the 'Use Saturday and Wednesday matchdays' option ticked in the Online Preferences?

I just notice a FM 2013 dark skin. Is this something new with this patch?

It looks beautiful.

Yeah new Dark Skin.

As I cannot see it in the change list, please can it be confirmed if the friendly bug (when trying to setup a tour as Man Utd for example, resulted in clubs replying that they had to reject due to their fixture list being full/congested when said clubs were available on and around said dates) has been fixed.

Also the 'bug' that some (myself inc) experienced when requesting feeder clubs (Intl partnership to raise profile in another country) was regularly returning the 'agree with you but have been unable to find a club to form a link with' text.

Fixed Italian tax levels in new games

Does this mean i will have to start a new game for this to take effect?

Yeah for this change you would.

Do you have the 'Use Saturday and Wednesday matchdays' option ticked in the Online Preferences?

Yes. The problem is we're spread around all 4 English League divisions, and a large number of our league 2 games in particular are played on Tuesdays for some reason.

Edit: As is the JPT I believe.

Yeah new Dark Skin.
First comment to get me truly excited. Which is strange seeing as FM13 is the first one in about a decade that I have used the default skin, I'm genuinely happy with original, but can't wait to see dark.

Yeah new Dark Skin.

So happy with that :)

I will fire up the game tonight when the kid is in bed.

Looking forward to pushing on with my save now,Thanks :)

First thing I'm noticing having just started a brand new save...

Everything is quicker UI wise... the meeting with my Chairman and Ass manager didn't lag even a millisecond as it used to before.. good work.

Any fix on being able to add your own pictures instead of having no faces or regenerated ones for regens? It gets annoying when most of your team is regens.

Essentially it is quicker as the whole match and report isn't loaded up now. You should see improvement from before.

Just tried it - AWESOME! Back to way it was :applause:

Yes it was when starting the game and has been ever since. European games are all played on the Wednesday which is proof that it was ticked. The only European fixture not played on a Wednesday was the Super Cup which was played on a Friday.

Lower league fixtures are sheduled for Tuesday games, the JPT and League Cup are also Tuesday fixtures.

There is a problem with the feature.

FWIW, I'm the host of the FMO DeafParrot is talking about. Also, as I said on Twitter, the network game seems to have been largely ignored for this patch which is a crying shame. There are a couple of major problems that I have brought up in the bug forum that require attention.

Still missing the "past meetings" function on teams I've already met. :-(

Delighted that the mandatory "generating match report" is gone.

That's odd, I've got it here - did you raise it on the bugs forum per chance?