*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
Well that's just amazing. I can't believe how quickly we've hit an impasse. "We disagree that the ball decelerates too slowly." I didn't say too slowly, I said not decelerating at all. It's not a hyperbole, it moves like a hockey puck.

I suppose fixing this would probably mean a revamp of the entire engine, which you're understandably not willing to commit to. So it's sweep under the rug/head in the sand time.

You may as well be saying: "We disagree that the sky is blue, we disagree that the Pope is Catholic, up is down, left is right" Sorry, there's just nothing to go on from there. If you think 'that' is a realistic depiction of football, then it's time for me to seek a second opinion, so to speak.

Adiou.

What utter nonsense. Are you suggesting the ball never comes to a stop and continues infinitely? :D

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much every goal I concede is the opposition winger dancing past my full back, getting to the touchline, cutting in, scoring from an impossible angle. My wingers try it and fail miserably. I'm really not enjoying this years effort.

Also, when the ball is launched forward in the air, their seems to be no friction and the ball bounces way too far.

Playing as Queen's Park Fc head coach. Made my ass coach (Bobby Dickson) as reserves team head coach and U19s head coach is my under 19s head coach (Billy Ogilvie) but somehow my player/coach (Richard Sinclair) manages my reserves and U19s matches.

Also sometimes for National team replacements it says %male#1] has come in for criticism ...

Is this a bug or just me being a prat of a Manager? I noticed that in my last game with Freddy Piquionne up top he was number 1. I checked the squad numbers screen and he is indeed number 1. I can only assume he may have been number 22 and as that is Jaaskelainen's favourite number so when I changed him from number 1 to 22 Piquionne's changed automatically to 1. I thought on FM12 though it was impossible to have an outfield player as number 1 although I may have just been more carefull!!

Also it's good to see that counter attack seems to work on FM13, or it does so far anyway. Played away at Newcastle with a classic basic global 4-3-2-1 with three DM's and one up front and won 3-0. To say I am chuffed to bits is an understatement!!!

I think that Unwanted list is very badly designed:

• if you put someone on the unwanted list it should be "sell at value" for all of them
  • you should be able to set a percentage value you're willing to accept (like 50% or 25%)
  • Why does it automatically put the sale value at €0.00 for a player? It shouldn't be "Sell at any value" it could be "Accept 25%/50%/75%" etc.)
  • you should be able to do them in batches
  • there's no need for a "Confirm" button at all

It could also do with a little more info - like the ability to add columns for Potential and Current Ability - it doesn't even show the Value of the Player?

The development list is equally as badly designed:

• you should only have a player on it for a set amount of time. i've had players i wanted to promote to the first team be sent off on loan before i had the chance to take em off the list
  • you should be able to set a percentage value you're willing to accept (like 50% or 25%) - including wages etc.
  • you should be able to do them in batches withing the Dev List - but you have to set them one by one for some reason?

It could also do with a little more info - like the ability to add columns for Potential and Current Ability - it doesn't even show the Value of the Player?

I think that Unwanted list is very badly designed:

• if you put someone on the unwanted list it should be "sell at value" for all of them
  • you should be able to set a percentage value you're willing to accept (like 50% or 25%)
  • Why does it automatically put the sale value at €0.00 for a player? It shouldn't be "Sell at any value" it could be "Accept 25%/50%/75%" etc.)
  • you should be able to do them in batches

The development list is equally as badly designed:

• you should only have a player on it for a set amount of time. i've had players i wanted to promote to the first team be sent off on loan before i had the chance to take em off the list
  • you should be able to set a percentage value you're willing to accept (like 50% or 25%) - including wages etc.
  • you should be able to do them in batches withing the Dev List - but you have to set them one by one for some reason?

Agree with all of that.

Did you raise it as a bug?

No. in post #3075 i also post a similar goal and ask if this was a bug or not, because i'm not really sure.

We see bad goalkepping every day irl football... but i'm getting the feeling that in this year FM... it's just too much.

No. in post #3075 i also post a similar goal and ask if this was a bug or not, because i'm not really sure.

We see bad goalkepping every day irl football... but i'm getting the feeling that in this year FM... it's just too much.

Then what are you waiting for? If you're not sure it is then better to post than not to.

Whats wrong with Training?

Off top of my head, but think there's more.

+ u18 doesn't remember training set

+ You cannot right click and set training as it doesn't match.

+ Coaches don't work across both u18 and 1st team like the hints and tips say they do (important when you're only allowed a couple of coaches).

+ Individual training focus doesn't match the training reports immidately after changing it

+ When you sort players by position on the individual training and change a training focus the list re-sorts itself to a random order.

Off top of my head, but think there's more.

+ u18 doesn't remember training set

+ You cannot right click and set training as it doesn't match.

+ Coaches don't work across both u18 and 1st team like the hints and tips say they do (important when you're only allowed a couple of coaches).

+ Individual training focus doesn't match the training reports immidately after changing it

+ When you sort players by position on the individual training and change a training focus the list re-sorts itself to a random order.

The U-18 not remembering training sets is that the same as the issue ive raised below?

Ive noticed that i change my Match Training in the U-18 squad and reserve squad to Teamwork, however a couple of days later they go back to what they were before - Att Set Pieces. Is this because i have U-18 and Reserve Managers in place who take control of those parts of training?

Thanks

I dont know if as been mention but is anyone score from a free kick or receved a goal form it??

I didnt, is possible that a player with high free kick stats cant score 1 lousy goal from free kick no matter where the free kick is awarded ???

I dont know if as been mention but is anyone score from a free kick or receved a goal form it??

I didnt, is possible that a player with high free kick stats cant score 1 lousy goal from free kick no matter where the free kick is awarded ???

My team has scored 4 or 5 in two seasons but I don't believe I've seen any scored against me.

Transfer deadline day:

I love it, It adds a new dimension to preseason and yes it does add some tension, although admittedly, not as much as i'd hoped. Nevertheless, I love being able to tell myself 'oh I'll hold off on accepting this bid now, I'll wait till deadline day and tout him out then'. I'm playing as Leeds currently and my team were desperate for a striker, I only really had one target in mind so I decided to risk it and wait till deadline day to pounce, as previous bids were shot down. Before the day came I had been on a full on praise and admire campaign with the player, and eventually managed to steal him away from much bigger clubs for much cheaper than I'd thought after a lot of back and forth on deadline day.. I was ecstatic.

Most transfers seem sensible enough, for instance I've not seen man city go out and just buy everyone anymore, they seem to have a bit more sense about it. Although there has been a few annoying occurrences were , for example, man utd were interested in buying ex players of theirs, just didn't seem right with me, but I guess why not.

On the whole, a brilliant addition imo, and you can always opt out of the deadline day stuff as well , which is nice.

I have noticed a problem with it (or maybe just transfers in general). I had three transfers where I made the approach for players, the fee was agreed, my DoF negotiated the contract but the deals never completed.

When I removed the DoFs ability to negotiate contracts and I did it the transfers completed normally.

I've seen worse in real life in fairness :p

Actually i remember seeing Roberto, when he play for Benfica a couple years ago, conceding a goal just like that in a friendly game (pre-season).

I think it was the first game of the pre-season... so it was a nice way for him to introduce to the supporters! :lol:

Not sure if this has been reported about youngsters signing their first contract and then leaving the club as their contract is up on the same day?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108153423

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108153599

Their loss was my gain as I was after this guy but it was going to cost me 7k in compensation,should do well in my BSP side :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108153692

I have also noticed some young players,it was 2 Welsh lads if it makes a difference that had contracts starting in 1901 and I could sign them on a pre-contract in 68 years!

I tried to get a screenshot but for some reason would not upload to Steam cloud,if it has not been reported I will try again later to upload it.

Match engine is awful this year, in the video blogs there were talk of it being 'massively improved' etc but this really is dreadful.

From 80% of kick offs, this is what happens: kick off starts, pass it back to another play, then they hoof it out for a goal kick.

Also, why do the players in the lower leagues seem incapable of playing normal football? I had a situation where a knocks a ball down the line, it ends up in the 18 yard box so the keeper comes out to collect, but he doesn't collect, he dives for a ball moving at snail pace, and he fumbles it, then the opposition player gets the ball from 5 yards out, and I bet you're thinking "goal" but no, he skies it. I recorded that situation but I don't know how to find it and upload it.

Also, why do some free kick just loop into the goal keepers hands or loop over the bar?

A lot of the time when theirs a player near the ball, they don't even run towards it.

I've had FM for 3 years now and as sound as it sounds, it's virtually been my life in a way, it's all I've done when I'm at home, and I was excited about FM13 and as much as I hate to say it; it's been very dissapointing.

Hopefully the new patch sorts this out but these problems shouldn't be happening anyway.

Im in my 5th season and the wages are outrageous. Players with 2 and half star ability and 3 star potential want £235,000 a week. Means I cant sign any good players.

I got three things to say about that.

1: Stars does not mean what most ppl think they mean. Read the desciption of the player(leading for any team etc) and his attributes are often more important taking the kind of tactics you play into consideration.

2: 4 to 5 star player means that he is a key member or one of the best in your squad or has potential to be one of the best. When you scout your own players or transfer targets, they are compared with the players you got and how many you got in that position. What league you play in plays a role too. Its much more complex than just stars.

3: Besides that I dont really know excactly how the financial stuff with wages etc works in real life - my guess is that a player who dont play that much, gets weaker and lose his reputation abit will never get an increased contract offer if I where the chairman - problem is that stuff like that can be exploited in a videogame imo.

Any1 else have different views or consider this a problem? - im in my 3rd season, atm waiting on ME fix but usually just sell those greedy ones I can replace by cheaper and lesser known players.

Match engine is awful this year, in the video blogs there were talk of it being 'massively improved' etc but this really is dreadful.

From 80% of kick offs, this is what happens: kick off starts, pass it back to another play, then they hoof it out for a goal kick.

Also, why do the players in the lower leagues seem incapable of playing normal football? I had a situation where a knocks a ball down the line, it ends up in the 18 yard box so the keeper comes out to collect, but he doesn't collect, he dives for a ball moving at snail pace, and he fumbles it, then the opposition player gets the ball from 5 yards out, and I bet you're thinking "goal" but no, he skies it. I recorded that situation but I don't know how to find it and upload it.

Also, why do some free kick just loop into the goal keepers hands or loop over the bar?

A lot of the time when theirs a player near the ball, they don't even run towards it.

I've had FM for 3 years now and as sound as it sounds, it's virtually been my life in a way, it's all I've done when I'm at home, and I was excited about FM13 and as much as I hate to say it; it's been very dissapointing.

Hopefully the new patch sorts this out but these problems shouldn't be happening anyway.

Agree in many ways!

Ii had the ball hit the post then swerve to go out of play 6 yards from the halfway line.

and take the star rating as a guide. 4-5 star players are good, but in FM12 some of my important players were 3 stars due to stats they had. (had a 3 star striker score 7 in 1 game)

why am i losing over 15m a month as united?

I got three things to say about that.

1: Stars does not mean what most ppl think they mean. Read the desciption of the player(leading for any team etc) and his attributes are often more important taking the kind of tactics you play into consideration.

2: 4 to 5 star player means that he is a key member or one of the best in your squad or has potential to be one of the best. When you scout your own players or transfer targets, they are compared with the players you got and how many you got in that position. What league you play in plays a role too. Its much more complex than just stars.

3: Besides that I dont really know excactly how the financial stuff with wages etc works in real life - my guess is that a player who dont play that much, gets weaker and lose his reputation abit will never get an increased contract offer if I where the chairman - problem is that stuff like that can be exploited in a videogame imo.

Any1 else have different views or consider this a problem? - im in my 3rd season, atm waiting on ME fix but usually just sell those greedy ones I can replace by cheaper and lesser known players.

You used to get an explanation of exactly what the stars mean when hovering your cursor over them, does it no longer show?

You used to get an explanation of exactly what the stars mean when hovering your cursor over them, does it no longer show?

Im not sure I completely understand what you ask sorry?

What I do know and believe is that Stars are judgement calls made by your staff, which can be different after knowledge and skill they have themselves. The star evaluation is a calculation made of the strength of your squad, the league, the other players who can play that position and the potential the player has. I have a Right Wb with 2 and a half star but he has epic attributes for that role and is described as: "Would be a leading man for most premier division sides". Thats enough for me :)

In my game, Juventus(my favorite club, subscribed automatically) have been trying to get a youngster for 3 years now. They always get a deal with the club but can't agree on a deal with the player because he thinks the wage offered is too low.

Please fix this. Either make the club give up on the transfer or just let them raise their wage offer.

in 3D ME. ball speed when hit the ground is very very fast than realistic.

it's look like we play on ice! NOT a grass.

i very disappoint about it. because that make the 40-50 yards long pass was useless at all.

in real football, the long pass to the blank is one of the very important play. but its seem useless in FM2013

FM2012 its correct momentum of the ball, but i dont understand why SI change it in FM2013.

i will wait for next update, if this problem NOT fix, i will go back to play FM2012.

Archived