*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wingers definitely don't cross like before. In the rare cases that they go down the line they stop, turn around and pass back. I mean they don't even try. I'll investigate further, but now to sleep.

Same here. Cross is back to FM2012, useless. Wingers even afraid to cross, they stop and waiting for defender to close them down then make back pass. New ME looks like just FM2012. Actually, I quite like previous ME, you can score/concede under any situation. After update, no longer I feel like it's a new FM. It feels like FM2012 with new skin for me.

I might try to cancel pre-older if things don't improve after playing more games.

Experienced runtime error yet again. I'm getting this annoying message for the second time in two different saves, both during my 1st game.

I've updated drivers for my graphic card couple of days ago, I'm watching games in 2d and I have 3gb of RAM. It worked well on previous version. Why is this happening?

• Administrators
Experienced runtime error yet again. I'm getting this annoying message for the second time in two different saves, both during my 1st game.

I've updated drivers for my graphic card couple of days ago, I'm watching games in 2d and I have 3gb of RAM. Why is this happening?

Please create a thread on the technical issues forum and we'll take a look. Forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

SI, can we please change it in future FMs so that when you're giving your teamtalk at the end of the match for example, you can give an individual praise before doing the overall talk, because for example I just won 1-0, I told my team to be wary and don't get complacent against better teams and then my one player who got an 8.0+ got angry and then whatever I said to him afterwards didn't help matters.

I still think there is way to many goals being scored had a 6-2, 4-3, 4-0 in 3 games. Below is my current league table. Is anything wrong with the goals scored and conceded in your eyes.

A6K25VtCAAEduFt.png:large

it seems more teams in my game have more than 20 goals, they all do apart from 5 teams, compared to10 last season when looking at the league after 14 games in real life

Also after they fall out I dont think it is realistic for Martin O'Neill to go to back to Villa as manager with Randy Lerner still chairman

The only thing that is annoying me right now is the Hints & Tips, well one of them. The one about Trialists can only play in friendlies and not competitive games. This is not true across the board. Playing as Hansa Rostock and I had A.Trialist playing for me in the German Cup. It is also well known that the Scottish Football League allows trialists.

Not seen the too many goals thing in my league, will check the leagues running that I'm not involved in.

I haven't seen one intelligent play. It just seems like FM 2013 is all about unnecessary passing. An overdose of it. Just keep passing it around aimlessly until a mistake is made, or a shot is taken.

In FM 2012 i got the feeling that teams were actually thinking about where to strike with a through ball or a lob or whatever. And they'd do it, too. When you least expected it. There was an ebb and flow to the game. An intelligent ebb and flow.

I no longer see players hobble off the field with physios, or lying on their backs to waste time. I miss that. Here, when players go down they go down for 1 second, then glide on their ass for ten feet while they get back into the play. I see a lot of that gliding and surfing. Lying down or standing. And it looks terrible.

-Players also go through each other instead of colliding.

-Tackling looks awkward across the board.

-Fullbacks are slightly improved. They will tackle now, but they still struggle to position themselves correctly to block a cross, or keep pace with wingers. For example they'll run sideways when they should be sprinting to keep up. They get beat a lot because of positioning, and they still refuse to block cross attempts.

Why was it in FM 2012 fullbacks blocked crosses all the time, deflecting them out for corners...And now there is none of that. I haven't seen a single time where a fullback jumped in front of an attempted cross by a winger.

-Wingers have problems, too. They often don't continue their momentous runs for that clear and wide open space. Instead, they like to break it off and do stupid things with the ball.

-There are still backpasses galore to the keepers. Ridiculous, long ranged ones, too. At the worst times imaginable.

-Players are still refusing to go after loose balls. Ignoring them completely.

-Goalies still look very awkward handling the ball.

-Too many poor passing decisions being made all over the field.

I'm just comparing this game to what i saw in FM 2012. This is clearly a very different game because of this new engine. The reality is, gameplay is worse. It's not as intelligent. Just hope you can fix it.

Just experienced a game where my team had 3 keeper errors which to me seemed like a fixed result. First goal, we were 2-0 up and my keeper thought it'd be cool to randomly run to the right touchline and kick it out despite his instructions set to short and well, when he was under little pressure, well he kicked it to a player on the 40 yard line and he just shot it at goal and my keeper could only tip it in (one of those moments where you know it's a fixed goal), then I subbed my keeper and this time, the next goalkeeper ended up just watching the ball trickle over the line after it hit his back off the post (ok, I understand this happens, but the keeper doesn't just watch it go over the line and go, here the **** you are opposition team, have a ****ing goal out of my expense). Oh and then to make things worse, the third goal, my goalkeeper and defender thought it'd be proper ****ing cool to tackle eachother leading to an open net. Real awesome. ****ing awesome. :)

ME is improved. But I find that no matter which team you are, whether its Barcelona or Leek Town, your team passes the ball around like they have super attributes

I play on key highlights...The game breaker (just about) for me is that if they highlight goes for 20 seconds or so, its 100% going to result in a goal..Been playing for nearly a season and when the highlight is dragged on for ages, its always a goal.

Oddly if I load any of my previous matches, the highlights show goals that were never scored in the match.

So far, I need to change my tactics completely as my team has suddenly forgotten how to pass, while the opposition spend 5 minutes of each highlight passing in pretty little triangles, with no attempt to attack. No crossed goals scored yet though

My thoughts on the Updated Beta game. Just so you know I also started a new game after the update and I am playing as Arsenal.

UI is fantastic, already liked it and now it is much better since the mouse clicking problem has been fixed. Makes the whole game feel smoother, faster and more engaging.

Match Engine is much better. Shocked actually by how much it has improved. Would have to agree with a few people though that it seems teams are to evenly matched in each game. It seems that no matter who you play, from what ever level, they match me in possession and general ability. I bet Boca Juniors away in a pre season friendly, then lost 2-0 at home to Bradford from League 2 with a strong line up. Then beat Reading 3-0 away in the EPL, then lost 1-0 at home to QPR. Has anyone else noticed there are 2 types of goals that seem to be happening a bit more than normal? Firstly, there are a lot of long balls into the box that are being headed in by the opposition when challenging my keeper. Could just be me, I am Arsenal after all. Secondly, players waltzing along the byline almost unchallenged before rounding the keeper with ease and passing it into the back of the net. Or are these just the goals I am seeing?

Overall I am amazed by the improvements in 1 week. Nice work.

Will the FMC skin be available out of the box for FM full fat. The view in FMC is revolutionary (its like having a dream of how FM should look and it becoming a reality). I dont do downloading 3rd party stuff (I know the skin is out there in full fat mode version) due to issues in previous years which I care not to repeat. Please SI add this to a patch (Day 1 patch if possible). :)

I'm just comparing this game to what i saw in FM 2012. This is clearly a very different game because of this new engine. The reality is, gameplay is worse. It's not as intelligent. Just hope you can fix it.

Yeah FM 2012 ME is much better. Just play a game in FM 2013 and back to 2012 and you can see clearly a big difference...improved with the update but still needs a lot of work to do.

All the rest is better in 2013 i think i like the new additions. Game is faster this year. ME is the problem.

I haven't seen one intelligent play. It just seems like FM 2013 is all about unnecessary passing. An overdose of it. Just keep passing it around aimlessly until a mistake is made, or a shot is taken.

In FM 2012 i got the feeling that teams were actually thinking about where to strike with a through ball or a lob or whatever. And they'd do it, too. When you least expected it. There was an ebb and flow to the game. An intelligent ebb and flow.

I no longer see players hobble off the field with physios, or lying on their backs to waste time. I miss that. Here, when players go down they go down for 1 second, then glide on their ass for ten feet while they get back into the play. I see a lot of that gliding and surfing. Lying down or standing. And it looks terrible.

-Fullbacks are slightly improved. They will tackle now, but they still struggle to position themselves correctly to block a cross, or keep pace with wingers. For example they'll run sideways when they should be sprinting to keep up. They get beat a lot because of positioning, and they still refuse to block cross attempts.

Why was it in FM 2012 fullbacks blocked crosses all the time, deflecting them out for corners...And now there is none of that. I haven't seen a single time where a fullback jumped in front of an attempted cross by a winger.

-Wingers have problems, too. They often don't continue their momentous runs for that clear and wide open space. Instead, they like to break it off and do stupid things with the ball.

-There are still backpasses galore to the keepers. Ridiculous, long ranged ones, too. At the worst times imaginable.

-Goalies still look very awkward handling the ball.

-Too many poor passing decisions being made all over the field.

I agree, still unhappy after the update.

The FM 2013 gameplay has been too much semplified:

- matches look all the same, no matter the tactics used by the AI

-lack of player individuality and team personality

- teams play all with the same pattern and in the same way

- "momentum" is absent, everything is boring and prevedible

I no longer feel the emotions and pathos of football, like in FM 2012.

Sorry to say that, but my interest in FM2013 will die if ME at least equal to 2012 will not return.

great post. very clear and very objective.

couldn't agree more. these are the main errors of the ME, at this time (even after the update).

Played my first updated game this morning, the first goal I conceded was from a long ball through the middle which hit a CD on the back and dropped to the ground, he ran away from the ball and the striker just ran onto the stationary ball and blasted it into the net!

Ok maybe a small bug just happened. I am in March 13 and Falcao has been unhappy for a few months and has been listed. At start the asking price was 52m but now it dropped to 24m(his value). So I bid (48 months) and the bid was rejected. And now the asking price changed to 29m. Is this normal?

I do feel the following should be added to FMC:

a/ Detailed financial reports (these could be totally ignored but I feel they are essential when planning player recruitment)

b/ the Save News Item function. We all love saving those "essential" screenshots for posterity :). Seriously though surely this would not lag the game too much?

Also I really thought the Rail Cam view would have zoom buttons for this new Beta version. Consensus seems to say the ball is hard to see in other views. Zooming would be a vast improvement in my opinion.

I would really like SI to comment regarding this issue...Personally, it ruins the excitement...Every time a key highlight lasts longer then about 25 seconds or so, it ALWAYS results in a goal...

So frustrating

If ur watching Key Highlights, that only shows goals and CCC's now, the old "Key" highlights is now Extended :). So its not an issue at all :).

Coaching Assignments keep re setting themselves to a default setting, and not sticking with what I have chosen.

Ditto

Am also seeing a lot of players just running through the defence. Played a game against a much lower division club and they scored 3 this way.

Archived