The 'How many Leagues can my laptop/PC run on FM13 before it blows up' Thread

I have laptop ASUS N55S

Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM : 8 GB

NVidia GeForce GT 635M 2Go

On FM13, I run something like 40 leagues from 15 countries and 270000 players. It's OK ;)

No Offence or anything but i am running an i7 2.4ghz quad core 8gb ram and same graphics card well GT640m and mine can not handle the above so you must have god awful the speed!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an overclocked Six-Core Intel i7-3970X Extreme Edition. It's 3.50 GHz and has 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (Whatever that is.)

8x8GB sticks of RAM that are 1800mHz. How many can I run? Not very tech-savvy, this is only my first good computer.

Also what about the graphics/speed while in a game? I have three 6GB AMD Radeon HD 7990's.

Thanks in advance.

Obvious troll is obvious.

No Offence or anything but i am running an i7 2.4ghz quad core 8gb ram and same graphics card well GT640m and mine can not handle the above so you must have god awful the speed!

I was planning on running that same number of leagues on my PC, which happens to be very similar to yours (same Graphic Card and CPU,for example).

It´s really unplayable?

• 1 month later...

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 1.80GHz

Vista 32Bit

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

I know my laptop is old but I was wondeing how much it could handle.

Every time I start a new game it says with Medium database and just the EPL loaded game speed is half a star.

• 2 weeks later...

Processor Intel Core i3 3220, Dual Core (1155, 3.30GHz, 3MB Cache)

Motherboard MSI B75MA P45, 4xDIMM, Max. 32GB, M-ATX

Memory 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC10600 1333MHz DDR3

Graphics Card ATI HD7750 2GB

OS 64 bit windows

Are most "Gaming Laptops" just not a bit of a rip-off? Like they've slapped an extra couple of hundred quid on just because they've got the "gaming" label? That MSI one doesn't look a million miles away from the one I bought for £600 (with the exception of the HD screen, but that doesn't really make up the extra 180). Of course, it's not all about specs, but still.

What they should offer is better cooling properties to enable more prolonged stressed usage, whether they do this is something that I haven't investigated in any great depth.

What they should offer is better cooling properties to enable more prolonged stressed usage, whether they do this is something that I haven't investigated in any great depth.

Good point. I imagine they'll be optimised better and built to handle that sort of thing, but it just seems like they whack on extra money just because they call them gaming.

I run a custom made rig with the following hardware:

AMD-FX 4100 Quad Core (3.6ghz)

8gb Ram

Radeon HD7770 Graphics

Windows 7

Every new game i start I start with every league selected as 'view only' except the nation im starting in, only the top divisions except for major countries like Spain, France, England etc where I select all divisions, custom database with 325,000 players loaded and it still runs fine, albeit can be a bit slow when processing the end of season but not that bad. TBH I have ran the same setup on a lesser rig and still havent been that bothered by processing time.

there are people on this forum who run 125 000 player databases on 7 year old single core AMD's and say the processing time is just fine, so its hard to get everyone on the same page

Exactly. There is no quantifiable measure of how many leagues a certain computer can run. Well, there is, and that's probably all of them. It can run them, just that the question then changes to "What do I find acceptable in terms of performance?" And that is understandably subjective.

Remember the days of CM95/96 and the likes, I think I was running a 166MHz processor back then, you used to press ‘End Season’ and wait. And wait. And wait. Then go to bed. And get up. And the New Season was ready.

That was in the good old days of proper Regens when you could pick up 18-year old Lothar Matthaus, Jean-Pierre Papin reincarnates. But that’s a different story.

Is this guy being serious!?

10,000 players!!! Really?....

As always, you can run more than that but your system is relatively weak and it will be pretty slow whatever you run on it in all honesty

Just run a few leagues and keep adding players until you reach a speed you're comfortable with.

This is a quad core btw peeps, albeit an older one. I ran around 20-25 leagues with around 67,000 players on my old PC which had this processor and 3.2GB RAM and it ran ok but was slowing down so I got myself a new i7 PC. I think the extra 1GB of RAM I added on helped me get 1 or 2 more leagues out of it so I would say try 18-23 leagues on a large database and see how that runs.

quadcore?

http://ark.intel.com/products/27250

not

• 1 month later...

Bumping this, please dont turn into another mac vs pc debate. Im re-entering the fold of FM and after a bit of a warm up on FMC i'm going into full game mode.

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

My laptop goes mental and runs at between 80-90 celcius with the fans blarring when the game is processing but from skimming the thread that appears normal?

I just want to know how many leagues/players I should be using. The game says system performance is 5 stars and I can get 4.5 stars if I have 5 leagues:

England - League 2

Germany - Second Div

Spain - Liga Aldente

Argentina - Second Div

Brazil - Second Div

It recommends small database which is 25,000 players. Large would make it 31,000 but reduce performance to 4 stars. Whats the optimum for balance of speed and long term playability?

Here we go then what about this as my PC has died but borrowed this off my dad as he no longer uses it.

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual

Core 4200+

2.20 GHZ

2GB Ram

Do you reckon its even worth loading FM on or just wait a few months until i can afford a new one?

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

How many leagues (estimate on players would be helpful too if you could) can I run comfortably with these specs?

Samsung 535U3C Windows 8 (64-bit) Laptop

Processor: AMD A6-4455M (2.1GHz, Dual Core)

RAM: 6GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7500

Many thanks,

J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)

Windows 8 64bit, English

15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)

8GB1 DDR3L at 1600MHz

1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Brand new laptop, played abit of FM14 with 8 Nations and around 60k players and it was taking a while to get through days (Not long enough to bother me but maybe a few seasons in it might become a problem?), I dont know if thats 'cos 60k is too much or thats just the BETA speed or something?

OK, I just ordered a new laptop and should be arriving on 28th October 2013. This is the specification:

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4900MQ Processor

NVIDIA GEFORCE 780M GTX 4GB DDR5 with Optimus Technology

32GB of RAM

1 TB WD HDD 7200RPM with Raid 0 setup. (2 TB in total)

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Can this setup run all the leagues in the game with a huge database with minimum waiting time? I am so excited! Of course, I am planning to use this laptop for other graphically intense games like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4. It is an Aftershock gaming laptop.

Thanks!

:)

• 3 months later...

Archived